ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Okay, we figured my last day of radiation may have contributed to negative chemo reaction. I broke out in sweats, face turned bloody red according to nurses and nearly started barfing. Good golly, what a horrible feeling. Recovered after a few minutes and resumed an hour later. No further issues.

Below are some radiation treatment pics. The goalie mask is mandatory. I swear, you can smell hair burning when they first light the machine up. 4 blasts per treatment. You can close your eyes so tightly and never block the light waves coming in. Crazy stuff.

333849586_748656216701990_4830206812563345758_n.jpg

334309074_1285591248662107_1689287448409138732_n.jpg

329173967_116529174592912_7102600978972050779_n.jpg

FUN FACT: All radiologists to the last men and women at this facility hold Bachelor of Science in Radiation Therapy degrees from our alma mater, Texas State University at San Marcos. I actually completed my BA from the predecessor, Southwest Texas State couple years before rename. Famous alum: LBJ and George Straight. #Bobcat Pride.

Okay, we figured my last day of radiation may have contributed to negative chemo reaction. I broke out in sweats, face turned bloody red according to nurses and nearly started barfing. Good golly, what a horrible feeling. Recovered after a few minutes and resumed an hour later. No further issues.

Below are some radiation treatment pics. The goalie mask is mandatory. I swear, you can smell hair burning when they first light the machine up. 4 blasts per treatment. You can close your eyes so tightly and never block the light waves coming in. Crazy stuff.

FUN FACT: All radiologists to the last men and women at this facility hold Bachelor of Science in Radiation Therapy degrees from our alma mater, Texas State University at San Marcos. I actually completed my BA from the predecessor, Southwest Texas State couple years before rename. Famous alum: LBJ and George Straight. #Bobcat Pride.
Man, I hate it for you. No clue as to what you are going through but, I do feel for you and are praying for the best. God Bless you Austin and know that a brother in arms is praying for you. Another prayer just went up.

On a lighter note, I expect to see Captain Picard and Dr. Beverly Crusher in the next pictures.

Best of luck to you Austin. Gotta be rough going but you have a good attitude and that's a big bonus. You'll get through this.

Mizzou wins. Not good. OK here's the deal. A win at Arkansas seals a 3-seed. A loss and it could mean playing on Thursday (5 seed) depending on UT and Mizzou outcomes. Damn, it would have been so much simpler if the Cats would have taken care of business tonight.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F with occasional showers. More rain expected around mid-day. We need it. Today's high expected around 81°F.

Awoke sweating this morning. Pajamas just soaked. I'll report sweats to nurses during 11:30 am treatment. Monster breakfast on the way. Oatmeal with chopped walnuts and huge fruit salad. Beat that, chemo. My stomach shall prevail. Ha ha.

Last night's game: Huge let down. Can't believe such a promising season turned out so disappointing. Cal's got a dream team full of assistants sitting on his bench. What that heck's going on?

Mizzou wins. Not good. OK here's the deal. A win at Arkansas seals a 3-seed. A loss and it could mean playing on Thursday (5 seed) depending on UT and Mizzou outcomes. Damn, it would have been so much simpler if the Cats would have taken care of business tonight.
Yikes! Hope we win Saturday.

Speaking of Vandy:

Just wow.

Happy Thursday, y'all. Wishing everybody a great day.

National-Banana-Cream-Pie-Die.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!

Hang in there Austin and enjoy that breakfast. Prayers for you.

The Grab Bag Cats game...poor shooting (can you say lack of assists), and bad defense leads to a big L. As positive as I want to be this team looks horrible at times.

I've been busy trying to catch back up and get back into the routine after being gone for a while. But, yesterday's weather here in KY was better than the week in FL. 80's everyday and just a tad hotter than I like it. Mid 70's are best IMO.

I hope everyone has a great day.

I had to read that twice to comprehend. The first time I couldn't believe it. Losing on Senior Night was something even our mediocre teams, the few we had, didn't do. Kentucky just doesn't lose on Senior Night. And now we have lost 3 of the last 4.

Things are changing in Lexington.

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Quite a disappointing night. This team, and really the program right now, is emotionally exhausting if you let it be. I'm trying to keep it all at arms length, but it isn't easy after so many years.

Cloudy and cool in the east. Still sickness in my house, but I've dodged it so far. Nothing major. The COVID tests were negative.

Hope you guys have a good day.

Simply a bad game last night. We played the bulk of the game without a point guard. UK got a boat load of free throws but missed 10 and a couple were the front ends of one + one.

This team has been snake bitten all year with nagging injuries. I hope we get healthy this week.

Arkansas is going to beat the shit out of the Cats.

Just got back from Memorial Hospital in Lawton where I spent 3 1/2 hours there going through some test. Around 1530 this afternoon I started experiencing some quick but sharp chest pains that were successive and over no sooner than they started. I was dizzy for a bit afterwards, but it subsided. My wife got home at 1700 and my daughter told her, and she ask why I did not call her or 911. I told her it was over fast I that I was OK. She wanted me to take my blood pressure (we have a home machine) and it was around 200/140 or so. I waited and took a couple more within a couple of hours and they were not as high but did not go below 171/120 or so.

We decided then to go to the hospital. EKG/ chest x-rays and other test were done including blood and the doctor said that I was very healthy 65-year-old with a bit of a blood pressure problem and prescribed me some medication and gave me a sheet of paper with a cardiologist name he wants me to call tomorrow. Looks like I have a bit of work to do with the blood pressure, but I will find natural ways to fix that soon including adding some cardio to my workouts.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 52°F, clear and windy. Lotsa rain last night. Today's high expected around 74°F.

@warrior-cat : That BP way too high. Yikes! Sending prayers in your direction. Please get well soon! Please.

Chemo wiped me out yesterday afternoon. Experienced another negative reaction during treatment, although lesser than Wednesday. Stopped at Culver's for Cod sandwich and butterfly shrimp. Ola, lovely. Stomach hanging tough, but felt upset all night. Slept 4-10 pm in the chair and again for an hour this morning. Another round scheduled today. Then take a 3-week break.

Last regular season game tomorrow from Hog House down in Fayetteville. Hope Wallace comes back. Broadcast begins at 1 pm CST. Go Cats!

Happy Friday, y'all. Wishing everyone a great end to your week.

National-Cold-Cuts-Day-March-3.jpg.webp

Good morning from ATX. Currently 52°F, clear and windy. Lotsa rain last night. Today's high expected around 74°F.

@warrior-cat : That BP way too high. Yikes! Sending prayers in your direction. Please get well soon! Please.

Chemo wiped me out yesterday afternoon. Experienced another negative reaction during treatment, although lesser than Wednesday. Stopped at Culver's for Cod sandwich and butterfly shrimp. Ola, lovely. Stomach hanging tough, but felt upset all night. Slept 4-10 pm in the chair and again for an hour this morning. Another round scheduled today. Then take a 3-week break.

Last regular season game tomorrow from Hog House down in Fayetteville. Hope Wallace comes back. Broadcast begins at 1 pm CST. Go Cats!

Happy Friday, y'all. Wishing everyone a great end to your week.

National-Cold-Cuts-Day-March-3.jpg.webp
Atx, you and now WC are both on our GOD KNOWS LIST! The fish sandwich is the best fish sandwich I have ever had!

Good morning D, pouring here in the Berg this morning! Started in Revelations this morning. Really been busy with glass, plus we've been painting, moving furniture around, going to make one bedroom into an office for Susan, then make the old office MY MAN GLASS SHOP CAVE! Never thought I would ever be this busy with glass! Have a great day D and prayers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT