ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

You GOT to be named................Willie...
He looks like Snoop Dogg:
licensed-image

For some reason the Good Lord has had mercy on this poor dumb country boy a number of times. Maybe He figures somebody as dumb as this guy needs a little extra help.

Yes Sir,

God has had a hand many times in protecting me when I should have came to harm. I am thankful and try to live being thankful as I know who holds my hand.

For the baseball fans here on the D. Northern Kentucky boy hits 2 grand slams in a single inning:

Norse's field is named for my cousin's deceased husband, Bill Aker. He started their baseball program in 1971 shortly after the school was founded and coached them until 2000. For several years it was a part-time gig and he worked nights as a printer for the Cincy Enquirer paper. No college degree. That would never happen today.

I can't say enough about him. Just a wonderful person. Might be the only person who loved baseball more than my Dad though I don't know how that is possible. They'd talk BB hours on end - MLB, Reds' players, local players, strategy, rules (Dad was a semi-pro ump.), you name it.

DW and I took a Mediterranean cruise with my cousin, Bill, and her family the year before he passed away in 2011. Bill spent many summers teaching baseball to European players at the request of the US government. He traveled all over Europe with that effort. No matter where we stopped, he'd been there. Again, great guy. I still miss him and think of him often.

OT: When we were in Korea my wife's niece came to visit with her husband and two children.. Man these two youngsters were top notch. Just pleasant to be around. Had a great time with them. They wouldn't even speak to me until I spoke to them. (Kind of a customs type thing as far as respecting their elders BUT, once I started showing an interest they became the two most loving young people. (I love young people in general.) We got along splendidly.. (I just shuffled through and saw this picture and wanted to share it. They are as nice as they look, even nicer. Just had a great couple days with them. (All Mom and Dad wanted was a free place to crash while they came to see the sights.) We had four bedrooms so no biggie... (That's my family in the background picture.) Just me and My Darling were in Korea though both my daughters did visit once each...

881963_593959280617656_1934366686_o.jpg

Have a restful evening... God's peace to you all...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 53°F and clear. Calm. Today's high heading to 89°F. Plan on another long walk here in a few hours.

Woke early again this morning. Bah! Anyways, radiation went well yesterday. Two more treatments remain, including next at 2:45 pm this afternoon. Chemo resumes again tomorrow. Heard those drugs really make patients sick. Bah! Ha ha. Stay tuned.

Last day of the month. Time marches on. Wishing y'all a good one. Take care.

f8bd16d9f5fd71426dbcc8d30e8d5c2e.jpg

Good morning Austin and everyone. Good luck to you today with your treatments.

Vacation is over and getting ready for the 12 hour drive back home. We'll leave at daylight and make it back right at dark. I fished yesterday for 8 hours and only caught 2 small striped bass. But, I got to enjoy a day on the water. We've had awesome weather the entire trip and have repeatedly noted how blessed we were though out the week.

I did glance at RR yesterday. It's amazing how much more enjoyable it is to scroll through now. I sure hope it continues.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning Austin and everyone. Good luck to you today with your treatments.

Vacation is over and getting ready for the 12 hour drive back home. We'll leave at daylight and make it back right at dark. I fished yesterday for 8 hours and only caught 2 small striped bass. But, I got to enjoy a day on the water. We've had awesome weather the entire trip and have repeatedly noted how blessed we were though out the week.

I did glance at RR yesterday. It's amazing how much more enjoyable it is to scroll through now. I sure hope it continues.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Safe travels Storm!!!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 53°F and clear. Calm. Today's high heading to 89°F. Plan on another long walk here in a few hours.

Woke early again this morning. Bah! Anyways, radiation went well yesterday. Two more treatments remain, including next at 2:45 pm this afternoon. Chemo resumes again tomorrow. Heard those drugs really make patients sick. Bah! Ha ha. Stay tuned.

Last day of the month. Time marches on. Wishing y'all a good one. Take care.

f8bd16d9f5fd71426dbcc8d30e8d5c2e.jpg
Still praying for you Atx. I've said this before about time, it's like we are on a fast moving train and it's not making any stops!!!!!

Good Tuesday Morning

Prayers this morning for @AustinTXCat as he has the radiation treatments today and begins chemo tomorrow. May the Lord give strength as he wins the battle.

65° this morning with a little mist and slight fog. The sun is coming up bright and will clear up with a high of 80°. @storm1507 thank you for bringing Florida nice weather, we will try to maintain it as you travel back. Safe Travels

Trust all are well and in good spirits. I am thankful for the D League and how we support one another when we are going through the trials of life. It certainly helped me when I had my medical issues.

iu

Good morning folks.

Cloudy and warming in the DC area.

Belated happy anniversary to Cord. Austin, hang in there. We’re all thinking of you.

Last night I watched for the first time the 30-for-30 on the last years of Bobby Knight, beginning with the choking of Neil Reed. What a miserable, sick bully he was. For Indiana to have built a cult around that terrible person is really sad.

Back to work. I hope everyone has a good day.

Good Tuesday Morning

Prayers this morning for @AustinTXCat as he has the radiation treatments today and begins chemo tomorrow. May the Lord give strength as he wins the battle.

65° this morning with a little mist and slight fog. The sun is coming up bright and will clear up with a high of 80°. @storm1507 thank you for bringing Florida nice weather, we will try to maintain it as you travel back. Safe Travels

Trust all are well and in good spirits. I am thankful for the D League and how we support one another when we are going through the trials of life. It certainly helped me when I had my medical issues.

iu

😯😲 Whoa....

That show was great for the first half of the seasons but then got woker & woker year by year before woke was even a term. Still good.

McLean Stevenson was tops. Heli flying off with his desk was the best episode ever.

Did not get to fish today as the Lake store was closed so I could not get my city license. I have State and Ft. Sill but not the area cities license. So, I just drove around the full lake area reconning possible fishing sites. 23 miles of shoreline should offer some good bank fishing somewhere.

Ran into some ladies walking in one of the areas I was looking at and I think they were at first wary, but I broke the ice after walking through an area they had just went through and called to them asking if they had noticed the snakes on the rocks they had just passed through. They said no and came back to the spot to see. I had seen 6 when I first got there and 4 went into the rocks while 2 two stayed out on the rocks for heat. Only one of the ladies spoke English as I found out the other three had just come in days ago from the Netherlands to visit their sister (aunt for the younger one).

When they saw the snakes they took pictures and thanked me as they were getting ready to walk on more rocks. They left more cautious and aware. One of the snakes is pictured below.
20230228-150231.jpg

Did not get to fish today as the Lake store was closed so I could not get my city license. I have State and Ft. Sill but not the area cities license. So, I just drove around the full lake area reconning possible fishing sites. 23 miles of shoreline should offer some good bank fishing somewhere.

Ran into some ladies walking in one of the areas I was looking at and I think they were at first wary, but I broke the ice after walking through an area they had just went through and called to them asking if they had noticed the snakes on the rocks they had just passed through. They said no and came back to the spot to see. I had seen 6 when I first got there and 4 went into the rocks while 2 two stayed out on the rocks for heat. Only one of the ladies spoke English as I found out the other three had just come in days ago from the Netherlands to visit their sister (aunt for the younger one).

When they saw the snakes they took pictures and thanked me as they were getting ready to walk on more rocks. They left more cautious and aware. One of the snakes is pictured below.
20230228-150231.jpg

That is a real snake as well. Ran into too many of those types...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT