ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League.

Nice win for the Cats yesterday. Team looks like it’s rounding into shape. Just need to get contributions from a couple more guys —some more from Fredrick, some from Collins and get Wheeler back into the rotation for 10-12 minutes. Can’t get through the March grind with five guys playing 30 minutes a game.

Taking it a little easy this morning. Introducing my wife to the film From Here to Eternity. Love that movie -loved the book when I was a kid even more.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 54°F and foggy. We may hit 81°F today for our high. Great weather for another long walk.

I'll say it again: Loved Cats beat-down against Auburn yesterday. Ha ha, reminded me of good old days. Two more regular-season games remaining on the schedule.

Got a deal on another Harley-Davidson if I want it. Definitely gonna lose that tank decal if I decide to travel back to FL and purchase. My wife not happy about a possible deal. Heh, can't say I blame her.

332922727_3351067221827650_2308487239081658107_n.jpg

Yeah, up early again. Bah!

Wishing y'all a happy and joyous Sunday.

National-Pistachio-Day-min.png
I had a Low Rider. I think it was the late 70's when I bought it, soon after HD came out with it. Sold it after I got married to help buy the wife a car. Don't make payments on anything, so I needed the cash to finish the buy.

Good morning D-League.

Nice win for the Cats yesterday. Team looks like it’s rounding into shape. Just need to get contributions from a couple more guys —some more from Fredrick, some from Collins and get Wheeler back into the rotation for 10-12 minutes. Can’t get through the March grind with five guys playing 30 minutes a game.

Taking it a little easy this morning. Introducing my wife to the film From Here to Eternity. Love that movie -loved the book when I was a kid even more.

Hope everyone has a good day.
I agree. Bench is thin right now with only Ware, Collins, Thiero and an injured CJ. It's obvious Ugonna won't get much if any playing time at this point of the season. Really need Wheeler back and a healthy CJ.

Morning folks. I am still glowing from yesterday's win. I am burning the bluray now and I will watch the edited version and really enjoy it.

It is 50.0°F here and cloudy. We are supposed to get to 59 and a 20% chance of rain. Our 70% chance of rain yesterday got us none.

You all have a good Sunday.

JOHN WAYNE is at John Wayne: An American Experience.​

orenotpdSs1l4l21uh5303c6fmh9mi8ti2577868i056i38u75tu0ah0510t · Fort Worth, TX ·

https://www.facebook.com/#
"When there was finally a role calling for a Negro cowboy, John Wayne gave me the hat he’d worn in ‘Stagecoach’ for luck in playing it. He said, 'I didn’t let my kids touch this Stetson. It’s very dear to me. But I guess you’ll be able to find a home for it.' I’m proud to have had his friendship.
—Sammy Davis Jr.

Duke and Sammy had a long, lasting friendship and often reached out and extended a hand when the other needed it. One such instance was when Sammy Davis Jr. found himself being heckled on stage in Canada.

Duke and his son, Patrick Wayne, were in Detroit, Michigan as the Duke was on a personal tour for the film Hatari! (1962). Sammy was putting on a concert less than an hour away in Windsor, Ontario and the two wanted to go see him. When they arrived through the back entrance, they heard Sammy being heckled on stage and the air getting thick with tension across the auditorium. Without a second thought, Duke marched up on stage and threw his arm around his friend to show him support and illicit support from the audience. To no surprise, it worked. The uncomfortable moment passed and Sammy put on an amazing concert.

Recalling the moment, Patrick Wayne remembered how swift his father was to react to his friend’s distress. How that big bear hug he gave Sammy Davis Jr. melted away any tension, racial or otherwise, across the whole room. It wasn’t about being someone who simply talked a good game. It was about someone who took action and stood up for someone else in need. That’s who John Wayne was. #JohnWayneValues
May be a black-and-white image of 4 people and people standing

All reactions:
5.6K5.6K

John Wayne was not racist, when not racist wasn't cool. Now.....

The corrupt try painting John Wayne as a racist. Yeah Right -Nipsey Russell

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 31°F and clear. Warming to 56°F later today..

Game Day. Vols coming to town. Heard CJ is out. Hope Wheeler plays if we're gonna have a chance. Go Cats!

Ha ha, radiation machine broke yesterday. Pick back up on Monday with treatment. Bah! My current nemesis. Heck, it's not the machine or even good folks operating the thing. Doggone after-effects took my butt down hard Wednesday evening.

Y'all enjoy your day and have a great one.

EuhAuzaXEAwv7Rv.jpg
fire up a big home rolled Austin.......best to ya bud.....

Weather alert just popped up on our cell phones. Severe weather with hail and 80mph winds possible. Tornado watch in affect. All of the dogs were outside and came in as the winds picked up. they're not dumb.
Seeing reports on news about weather up your way. Stay safe. Hoping for the best.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 70°F and cloudy with a light wind out of the NE. Looking at 83°F for today's high.

Best wishes and hope y'all okay up in OK, @warrior-cat .

@starchief5 : welcome back. Good seeing fellow Middlesboro folks again.

@awf : thanks. Yeah, one day at a time. Staying optimistic.

Commodores visit Rupp Wednesday, March 1 Two more regular season games left on the schedule. Go Cats!

3 more radiation treatments remain for me. Next at 2:45 pm today. Another round of chemo starts March 1.

Another weekend in the books. Monday, Monday....

Wishing y'all a great start to this week. Take care.

National-Protein-Day-February-27.png

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

Weather did not get as bad as predicted last night and it rolled through fast. Winds are still blowing with gust up to 40mph but supposed to calm down later on this morning. 73° on tap for a high today and 77° for tomorrow. Will give it until tomorrow afternoon and go fishing again.

Not much going on today other than going to go through some of my fishing gear to set up area specific lure bags for lake fishing vs pond fishing. I Will be doing more lake fishing than normal from now on given the mercury levels in the fish of the ponds I frequent. Lake bank fishing will be heavy on spinners and crank baits, while ponds will be plastic worms/bugs, and top water. Ponds around here are heavy with grass, and I run weedless plastics mostly. Lakes have less obstruction (other than rocks and stickups) to grab hooks so I can run other lures with hanging hooks.

Well, for those of you going to work be safe out there (especially bus/subway/train travelers) and the rest of you, get off your butts and do something! No really, relax and enjoy your day and to all God Bless.

Good Monday Morning

66° with a few clouds and light fog on the lake that will burn off soon. The high should reach 77°. I have a clear schedule this week and that feels good. I will work out 3 days this week and get caught up on my yard work. I also need to pressure wash some walkways and drive. Always something to do around the house. It never ends but I like it like that. I doubt I could live in a condo or apartment.

I trust all are well and in good spirits. Basketball regular season is winding down and baseball is getting most of the news down here. Not much coverage on basketball. Thank the Lord for Cats Illustrated and the D League.

iu

Good morning D-League.

Cloudy and cool in the east. Already back to the grind, working from home on Mondays as usual.

My son is coming home in a few weeks for his last spring break before graduating from UK.

I decided it'd be a nice treat to take him to a Washington Wizards game, and by luck they are playing Sacramento on the Saturday of his break. He and I had just been talking about the great games Fox and Monk had for the Kings - a combined 87 points on Friday!

So, I got us some decent seats, a little behind the basket but on the first level and unobstructed -- over $100 EACH. I guess I'm just a complaining old man, but I remember when my dad working construction could take three sons to see Oscar Robertson in the old Cincinnati Gardens for about $15 - total.

Ah well, he'll enjoy it and I hope it's the kind of thing he looks back on the way I look back on going to games with my dad. We'll go into town early, hit a Smithsonian Museum he has always enjoyed then go to a steak house downtown and make a night of it.

I received a text from my granddaughter at the USAF Academy that this weeks starts the "40 Day Countdown to Recognition" This is a big deal for first year Cadets because once they go through this (and survive) they are granted the same privileges on campus as the upper classes Cadets.

No more walking on certain areas of the sidewalk, they can eat normally in the mess hall. Etc. But to get "recognition" you must go through a week of hell on earth. Here is a video of what to expect. During the period the Academy locks down and no visitors are allowed.

Last edited:
I received a text from my granddaughter at the USAF Academy that this weeks starts the "40 Day Countdown to Recognition" This is a big deal for first year Cadets because once they go through this (and survive) they are granted the same privileges on campus as the upper classes Cadets.

No more walking on certain areas of the sidewalk, they can eat normally in the mess hall. Etc. But to get "recognition" you must go through a week of hell on earth. Here is a video of what to expect. During the period the Academy locks down and no visitors are allowed.

Re walking on certain areas of the sidewalk: I spent about 3 months at DaNang (Rocket City). There were wooden sidewalks in front and behind the hooches that led to the latrines. It was a rainy season, so if you stepped off the sidewalks, you stepped in the mud. Since we were security, we kept an M-16 with us at all times. There was trouble between blacks and whites and the blacks would set on the back sidewalk with rifles and force whites off in the mud or to go to the front sidewalk (the long way if you were near the back of the hooch).

I had inadvertently done something that caused some of the blacks to think I had disrespected them. I was also the highest ranking non career guy in security on base. One day coming back from chow, a few whites came up to me and asked me to lead a "revolution" which was basically a civil war. I had no idea what to do or say, but I guess the brass were watching. Early the next morning I was on a chopper heading to Tan My LORAN station as their new asst NCOIC of security. I have no idea what happened with the situation at DaNang, but I was happy I didn't have to deal with it.

The no marching mugs, scatter marching, or route stepping. I was a marching Mug... (I liked it...)

Re walking on certain areas of the sidewalk: I spent about 3 months at DaNang (Rocket City). There were wooden sidewalks in front and behind the hooches that led to the latrines. It was a rainy season, so if you stepped off the sidewalks, you stepped in the mud. Since we were security, we kept an M-16 with us at all times. There was trouble between blacks and whites and the blacks would set on the back sidewalk with rifles and force whites off in the mud or to go to the front sidewalk (the long way if you were near the back of the hooch).

I had inadvertently done something that caused some of the blacks to think I had disrespected them. I was also the highest ranking non career guy in security on base. One day coming back from chow, a few whites came up to me and asked me to lead a "revolution" which was basically a civil war. I had no idea what to do or say, but I guess the brass were watching. Early the next morning I was on a chopper heading to Tan My LORAN station as their new asst NCOIC of security. I have no idea what happened with the situation at DaNang, but I was happy I didn't have to deal with it.

Wow Sir,

I never had any issues in Detroit growing up though, when I was in I think the fourth or fifth grade, (Busing was becoming a big thing, even though we didn't need busing. We were well blended.) A small stump of a black kid punched me square in the nose, turned and ran away through the crowd. (We were all crowded in and he took a cheap shot I guess he was taught young.) Anyway it got me angry more than hurt me though he caught me with a real good shot it didn't bring blood.

I looked for that kid for I know a year or two as I planned to pay him back. Never did see that peckerwood again... (I'm not one to hold a grudge but if I ran into that person today, I'd think about paying him back.)

I had an issue in the Army one time but it isn't worth mentioning because it got settled quick. Amazes me to this day how people can be coerced into prejudice attitudes.... It seems at times easily.

Wow Sir,

I never had any issues in Detroit growing up though, when I was in I think the fourth or fifth grade, (Busing was becoming a big thing, even though we didn't need busing. We were well blended.) A small stump of a black kid punched me square in the nose, turned and ran away through the crowd. (We were all crowded in and he took a cheap shot I guess he was taught young.) Anyway it got me angry more than hurt me though he caught me with a real good shot it didn't bring blood.

I looked for that kid for I know a year or two as I planned to pay him back. Never did see that peckerwood again... (I'm not one to hold a grudge but if I ran into that person today, I'd think about paying him back.)

I had an issue in the Army one time but it isn't worth mentioning because it got settled quick. Amazes me to this day how people can be coerced into prejudice attitudes.... It seems at times easily.
For some reason the Good Lord has had mercy on this poor dumb country boy a number of times. Maybe He figures somebody as dumb as this guy needs a little extra help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT