ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Jimmy Fortune

·

As many people have already seen (word travels quickly) Jimmy went in for a test on his heart and some concerning areas were found. He now will have bypass surgery on Wednesday to create new routes for his blood to his heart. He is incredibly positive and we have met with his surgeon and feel great about his care!
Unfortunately the doctor has given us a direct order to rest which means no work for a time. So there will be no shows this weekend! However, he has said that many people go back to normal activity after the 12 weeks! So we plan on being back on the road soon!
Your prayers are greatly appreciated and we know there is so much power in them so please keep them up! We know GOD HEARS US.
Jimmy says “I love you all”
🤟🏼
"

Some of you may not know the name but Jimmy was with the Statler Brothers. His signature song "Elizabeth"... (Now you'll know him...)

He is singing now with...

327797380_1588314701650447_33538873813467611_n.jpg

I really enjoy listening to them. They have a tremendous sound. The guy in the middle with the hat did the "Man of Constant Sorrow" (Brother Where Art Thou) sound track (I think). Then on the right (facing them) I think Ben Isaacs with the Isaac's gospel group..

Here is "Man of Constant Sorrow" as they performed it...

And Elizabeth...

Thanks, I had no idea an original member of the Statlers was still around. I saw them many times in person and loved their music.

I will have the pleasure of going to several concerts this week. One of my favorite piano players is Kim Collinsworth from Ohio. Her style is the style I grew up with and it never gets old.

Or

I am proud of my Cats.

I am here to eat crow.

Please pass me a plate. I am ready to eat.
If I eat crow I want to drown it in Tabasco sauce. Good win Cats. Keep it up.

This should be a wide open tournament this year because there is no super team. Anyone can get beat on any day. Tennessee is proof, they beat the #1 team and the next game are down by 20 at halftime. Strange year.

Keep it going Cats.

If I eat crow I want to drown it in Tabasco sauce. Good win Cats. Keep it up.

This should be a wide open tournament this year because there is no super team. Anyone can get beat on any day. Tennessee is proof, they beat the #1 team and the next game are down by 20 at halftime. Strange year.

Keep it going Cats.
The only thing that disappointed me was that I wanted to beat the shit out of UT. Maybe by 35?

Thanks, I had no idea an original member of the Statlers was still around. I saw them many times in person and loved their music.

I will have the pleasure of going to several concerts this week. One of my favorite piano players is Kim Collinsworth from Ohio. Her style is the style I grew up with and it never gets old.

Or

I don't think he was an original member Sir. I think he started with them after a member passed away. He did sing with them a long time though. I think longer than the original member he replaced.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 48°F, clear with a light wind from the south. Today's high expected around 75°F. Yeah, I'm up early. Fell asleep in the chair again last night after splurging on chocolate brownies couple hours previous. :D

Win against Vols yesterday: Huge. Loved it. Despite all the negative hype from ESPN/SEC Network, I believe Cats still make the NCAA tourney with an at-large bid even if bounced early from SEC tourney. Seems those talking heads on ESPN forget that Cats are still in this thing.

Changing gears: My doggone feet started swelled up big-time soon after first 3 days of chemo week before last. My dang shoes started fitting really tight soon after. Hard to put on. Annoying, but I still hiked my butt 2 miles to HEB supermarket and back yesterday. Plan on longer walks today.

Wishing y'all a peaceful, enjoyable Sunday. Take care.

Chocolate-Mint-Day.jpg

Good Sunday morning everyone.

We're still having internet troubles here at the end of the road. I had to listen to the game again yesterday, but that brings back fond memories. We're still hanging in there and it gives us (some of UK fans) hope. I would much rather live with hope than the alternative.

We picked up my wife's new baby (small) side x side yesterday. She is happy. The weather forecast for our upcoming vacation is awesome.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning folks.

Big win for the Cats yesterday. It's been a few years since the Cats swept the Vols.

It's a crazy year in the world of college basketball and the SEC. Consider this:

Tennessee is 9-5 in the SEC, and have lost to Kentucky twice and is a Top Ten team and a 3 seed in bracketology..
Kentucky is 9-5 in the SEC and have beaten Tennessee twice and is unranked and a 10 seed in bracketology.

Not saying the Cats deserve better -- the team has done it to themselves with some bad losses. Just saying its a weird year.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

70 plus degrees on tap today and for the next few days with mild to moderate winds.

Good win for the Cats yesterday and with that the feeling of making the tourney is pretty good. Did not feel that way a couple of weeks ago. I believe UK with 20 wins will get in because of name and how well we travel (money).

Was watching the game in bedroom because MIL and BIL were coming over and I did not want to be disturbed when they came in. One of my other mutts (not the monster) who generally stays in the bedroom when they are here (she does not like MIL) let out growling and barking noises I have not heard her let out before (she could see them from bedroom). She generally just barks a little and shakes because she has always been a bit fearful of others. This time she was moving forward with ears back and a little showing of the teeth. My baby is growing up. She is still young (a little over 2 years) but is showing signs of maturity. Took me by surprise. She will go around my BIL a little when he is here without MIL but, she will not when MIL is around. She does not like her for some reason.

Well folks, enjoy your Sunday and God Bless.

Good Morning All,

Good solid win for UK yesterday and that should take them solidly off of the bubble. Maybe a 9 or 10 seed. This is a strange year for college basketball and I don't see a super team that is heads and shoulders above everyone else. It is wide open for the trophy. IMO

Another beautiful Lord''s Day for us. 52° with partly cloudy skies and the high will reach 80° by mid afternoon. 2% chance of rain.

Getting ready for church this morning. I trust all are well and ready to face the day. Go get it.

iu

Good morning all,

I hope this day brings you contentment...

Just got back from the Amazon Fresh store which is less than a quarter mile from my house. The store is anything but fresh and is brand new.

I needed some banana's for the BB's banana pancakes and darned if they were the near ugliest banana's I've seen. Dull looking but I found one decent enough to buy... $.15 but I didn't have a dime so I used my card....

Oh well, the BB will have his breakfast...

My hope is these Cats will take ownership of themselves and create what's yet to be created. A cohesive, well oiled team...

They just look choppy in their play. A little better yesterday but in no way dependable to each other...

One can only hope at this stage ..

Cats will beat Florida & Vandy

Auburn & Arkansas are toss ups. Lose BOTH of those games & I’m not sure 12 losses even gets us in the tourney (no way we run the table in SEC tourney with this team).

Point being...we have to go at least 3-1 down the stretch to get in. The Hogs are a bad matchup for us & it’s on the road. So in a world where everyone calls every game a “must win” game...the Auburn game is just that.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

70 plus degrees on tap today and for the next few days with mild to moderate winds.

Good win for the Cats yesterday and with that the feeling of making the tourney is pretty good. Did not feel that way a couple of weeks ago. I believe UK with 20 wins will get in because of name and how well we travel (money).

Was watching the game in bedroom because MIL and BIL were coming over and I did not want to be disturbed when they came in. One of my other mutts (not the monster) who generally stays in the bedroom when they are here (she does not like MIL) let out growling and barking noises I have not heard her let out before (she could see them from bedroom). She generally just barks a little and shakes because she has always been a bit fearful of others. This time she was moving forward with ears back and a little showing of the teeth. My baby is growing up. She is still young (a little over 2 years) but is showing signs of maturity. Took me by surprise. She will go around my BIL a little when he is here without MIL but, she will not when MIL is around. She does not like her for some reason.

Well folks, enjoy your Sunday and God Bless.
Dogs are a good judge of character. Our boxer Maddie loved everyone she ever met, except one man. I found out later that he had spent considerable time in prison for some bad stuff.

Good Morning All,

Good solid win for UK yesterday and that should take them solidly off of the bubble. Maybe a 9 or 10 seed. This is a strange year for college basketball and I don't see a super team that is heads and shoulders above everyone else. It is wide open for the trophy. IMO

Another beautiful Lord''s Day for us. 52° with partly cloudy skies and the high will reach 80° by mid afternoon. 2% chance of rain.

Getting ready for church this morning. I trust all are well and ready to face the day. Go get it.

iu
You get better religion in a country church!

Auburn & Arkansas are toss ups. Lose BOTH of those games & I’m not sure 12 losses even gets us in the tourney (no way we run the table in SEC tourney with this team).

Point being...we have to go at least 3-1 down the stretch to get in. The Hogs are a bad matchup for us & it’s on the road. So in a world where everyone calls every game a “must win” game...the Auburn game is just that.
Good points. I am shocked that Vandy has a 5 game win streak and beat Auburn.

At the moment UK is in third place in the SEC. I don't understand the talking heads that are writing off UK's chances for the Tourney. UK is tied in the SEC with Tennessee and because of the sweep we are in third place.

A&M being in second place is an anomaly. They has some remarkable losses but have walked through the SEC because their SEC schedule has been against some of the easier teams and they have yet to play Tennessee, Alabama or Mississippi State. Maybe that is the reason A&M is not ranked.

Vandy is on a 5 game win streak and look impressive having beaten Tennessee, Florida at Florida and Auburn.

Bottom line is I am afraid of all SEC teams UK plays. Hopefully the Cats can get healthy and finish strong.

I'm not overlooking Florida Wednesday. I learned my lesson with USC and UGA. Even though they'll be playing without Castleton it's still the Swamp. Bad things happen there.

I'm not overlooking Florida Wednesday. I learned my lesson with USC and UGA. Even though they'll be playing without Castleton it's still the Swamp. Bad things happen there.
This season has shown you can not take anything for granted. Not even South Carolina and Georgia. You must be ready and prepared each night out.

I have witnessed some great UK teams go down in Alligator Alley days against very poor Gator teams. It was not a fun night or a fun drive back down to my house. I feel good about the game but but but. Be ready to play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT