ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

7by2i6.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

81° for a high today with 25-30mph winds with some gusting to 40mph. Still going to try to fish after training my student. Will have to have wind at my back.

While checking in to the wildlife fish and game site for Ft. Sill today there was a warning now posted saying that the mercury content of the bass on Ft. Sill and the wildlife refuge (land north of Sill that connects with Sill) is high and should not be eaten by pregnant women or children under 7. All others, no more than 2 meals a month. Looks like a lot of catch and release plus, changing my fishing spots to the surrounding lakes. Although my wife just told me while looking at the surrounding lakes warnings, and they are now saying the same thing. Bass over 20" 2 meals a month. Under 20" no limit. Catch and release the big ones. Crappie, channel cats, stripers, bluegills, saugeye, walleye, and others no limit.

Oddly enough, the lake just 1 1/2 miles from me in Elgin (Lake Ellsworth) has no warnings and is cleaner/safer. However, I have not found a spot from the bank yet that produces enough bass to want me to spend much time there. Must not be holding my mouth right.

Anywho, back to work for yous guys that have to work, safe travels for those traveling and Prayers (I am looking at you Austin) for those battling sickness.

GOD BLESS.
Warrior: thanks. Appreciate it. I nod off sometimes while working and feel tired occasionally. Experienced chemo foot, but it's clearing up (shrinking). Probably start again once radiation completes.

I came from a very large family and yes I had to sleep at the foot of the bed when kinfolk came to visit or I visited them.

Heck it was fun. Me and my cousins would "camp out". Often we would literally "camp out". One night at Uncle Elmer's place we got mugged by a cow. He tore our pup tent down.

i never rode a subway to work but if a character like this shows up. Be alert.

That doesn't surprise me at all Sawnee. I noted walking through the station today a sign from Metro honoring an employee gunned down in January trying to stop some maniac from shooting passengers. I was surprised because I hadn't even seen that on the news.

And remember, in December I was noting I was held up one night by the SECOND episode where an off-duty FBI agent got in a fight and pulled his gun and killed someone.

The DC subway is like a rolling version of Dodge City, circa 1875...

The wife and I have been mattress shopping. She prefers sleeping on a rock while I prefer a cloud to sleep on. Our current bed is a queen but we are considering putting our bed in storage and going with a King bed with the Twin XL mattresses so we can have the softness/firmness we each like. We are also considering an adjustable base as well. Yesterday we checked out Sleep Outfitters but dang $6,000+ for a mattress and adjustable frame is hard to swallow. Any recommendations on a mattress or place to check out?

We bought a queen mattress at Macy's about a year ago. It came with an adjustable frame that raises and lowers the bed. (I just tried looking for the sale information.) It was during the holidays in early January but the mattress and all was between $600.00 and $800.00. They had $1800.00 or something like that on it. Delivery and setup was at no additional cost. I will have to look but we also have a queen-sized sleep number we have used and is still good but we sleep in the one we bought from Macy's. I will check the brand but it will have to be later.

Last edited:
The wife and I have been mattress shopping. She prefers sleeping on a rock while I prefer a cloud to sleep on. Our current bed is a queen but we are considering putting our bed in storage and going with a King bed with the Twin XL mattresses so we can have the softness/firmness we each like. We are also considering an adjustable base as well. Yesterday we checked out Sleep Outfitters but dang $6,000+ for a mattress and adjustable frame is hard to swallow. Any recommendations on a mattress or place to check out?

I just snapped a picture of the one we have (The label). It may help.

332715257_1880743818953238_4353969022186669245_n.jpg

332263009_523580899923782_5474068797507585186_n.jpg

We had to buy the "deep" sheets. It is a good 15 inches deep.

Sherry and I have sleep number beds. Each person can set their own level.

It is 52°F here and sunshine.

Sir, we have the queen sleep number bed that you can adjust each side independently. Had it since about 2009. It very probably needs a new top cushion but a couple years ago we bought a two inch memory foam topper and it is as good as it ever was. Sleep number wanted $600.00 or so dollars for the new foam topper but we got a good one at Walmart online for I think $60.00 or so.

We do like the other mattress though because it is firm and you can raise and lower it to suite your desires. Have a two inch memory foam topper on that one too. We stay in one of our guest rooms, for the bed... (Matching furniture in the master bedroom...)

Last edited:
Just watched the demise of Tennessee again. They lost to A&M. It was in regulation but the game lasted for 2 hours and 36 minutes. Pat Adams, the ref, had to review every thing through out the game. GEEZE.

Poor Tennessee is getting L's and L's and I am enjoying it. How in hell did they only drop 1 spot in the poll?

Edit: A&M shot 34 free throws to Tennessee's 14.

Just watched the demise of Tennessee again. They lost to A&M. It was in regulation but the game lasted for 2 hours and 36 minutes. Pat Adams, the ref, had to review every thing through out the game. GEEZE.

Poor Tennessee is getting L's and L's and I am enjoying it. How in hell did they only drop 1 spot in the poll?

Edit: A&M shot 34 free throws to Tennessee's 14.
[laughing]

Only times I ever hear from wanna-be son in-law or granddaughter's dad happens when Vols beat UK.

I probably should call and wake his butt up.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F, cloudy and wind. Heck, we may reach 90°F today.

I've got an appointment with neurosurgeon downtown at 8:30 am this morning. Another radiation blast follows this afternoon at 2:45 pm. Old stomach hanging tough so far. Thankfully.

Cats vs Gators from O'Connell Center. 4 regular season games remain. Let's finish strong.

Switching gears -- 43 years ago today:

Miracle-On-Ice-the-olympics-8858598-602-800.jpg

Has so much time passed already?

Happy Hump Day. Wishing y'all a safe, happy and productive Wednesday.

1600x800MargaritaDay.jpg

Good morning everyone.

We made the 12 hr drive to FL yesterday without any issues. We did get diverted off I-26 due to accident before Columbia and took the country roads almost to Savannah. Nice peaceful drive and may take this route more often. 80's most of the week and may reach 90. Hiking, kayaking, and seafood on the agenda today.

329523846_6259442327409243_3943027374396580970_n.jpg

Even though a bear returned to our porch and feasted on some bird seed Monday night I wanted one of my favorite animals for today's pic. I'm not sure we'll see any manatees this trip due to the heat, but maybe at Silver Springs.

I hope everyone has a great Tue....Wednesday (whatever day it is). :)

Last edited:
Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

Low 50's this morning with rain. High in the low 70's expected for today with rain subsiding by mid-morning.

Fishing report from yesterday: One strike in 3 hours. Did not expect much given it is still February. Have another stretch of 70° or above days coming next week so I will try again.

Not much else going on so enjoy your day and God Bless.

Good morning everyone.

We made the 12 hr drive to FL yesterday without any issues. We did get diverted off I-26 due to accident before Columbia and took the country roads almost to Savannah. Nice peaceful drive and may take this route more often. 80's most of the week and may reach 90. Hiking, kayaking, and seafood on the agenda today.

329523846_6259442327409243_3943027374396580970_n.jpg

Even though a bear returned to our porch and feasted on some bird seed Monday night I wanted one of my favorite animals for today's pic. I'm not sure we'll see any manatees this trip due to the heat, but maybe at Silver Springs.

I hope everyone has a great Tue....Wednesday (whatever day it is). :)
Nice to have you in the Sunshne State, Storm. Enjoy your stay and enjoy the outdoors. You picked the best time of year to come down. Comfortable weather and little humidity.

My daughter lives in Ocala just a few miles from Silver Springs. The big news over there is a Buc-ee's is building a new gas station off of I-75.

iu

Good Wednesday Morning D

Currently 61° with a little fog on the lake. It will clear off before you know it. 85° will be the high.

One of my dreams came true last night as I attended the Emmylou Harris concert in Clearwater. I have followed her career since the Gram Parsons days back in the early 1970's. She started her career in the Washington DC area. Emmylou is almost 76 years old and her stage presence was like a 30 year old. For almost two hours she entertained and did not take a break. Moving around the stage like she was doing 50 years ago. The woman does not age in body. It was amazing and her music was also fantastic and the band great. So a good night. Before the concert we ate at Bonefish Grill and I had their Sea Bass. Extraordinarily good.

Trust all are well and special prayers for Austin. We pray for strength and good news from the neurosurgeon. I am headed over to the gym this morning for a workout. Cardiac and upper extremities. on the agenda today.

Take care all,

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Another mild day in the east.

I noticed something on the subway in recent weeks -- we've had a very mild winter, with temps in the 50s most days. And yet lots of younger women still wear their knee-high boots, heavy coats that drape to the ankle and assorted knit and fur-trimmed hats. My theory is they have these chic winter wardrobes that they believe -- rightly in some cases -- flatter their appearance. And they are going to wear the damn things whatever the temperature.

Thanks for the reminder of the "Miracle On Ice" Austin. I'll never forget that day. I'd taken a girlfriend for a trip up to Gettysburg to see the battlefield at a time I assumed -- rightly -- very few others would be there. We'd stopped at a motel where we were staying outside town, and I just happened to flip on the TV. I don't think I even knew there was a game, but got caught up in it and watched in amazement to the end.

Speaking of games, it's game day for the Cats. I hope a recent good trend continues.

Have a nice day folks.

@Sawnee Cat I was on a fishing trip for 4 days in Denmark (summer 86) and came back with a cooler full of filleted sea bass, sea trout, and flounder. Yes, the sea bass was very good eating.

@MdWIldcat55 Not a hockey fan but was at my mother's house pacing like an expectant father watching that game.

Al Michaels: "Do you believe in Miracles?!"

I forgot about a little happening at the house last night, but my wife just reminded me. I was on the couch watching the tube with the monster when a couple of the other mutts being outside started barking frantically. Well, the back door being open the monster started for the door running to go out. At the same time, my wife was coming in and they met. The monster ran into my wife's knees/legs knocking her to the ground. To her credit, the monster stopped immediately, lowered her head and ears, and got in my wife's face as if to say she was sorry. Licked her face then, followed her back into the house. You could tell she felt bad about it by the way she was acting.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT