ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 42°F and clear. We may see a high of 68°F later on today. Jacket weather.

Stolen food truck has been located. I guess folks earn lots of $ working out of those things.

Mattress Mack, down in Houston, apparently won $75 million off Astros win in World Series. Now he has $8 million riding on TCU. Hope he wins.

Modern problems: trash and recycle out at curb.

Working from home again today. Back in the office next week.

Y'all behave.

National-Whipped-Cream-Day.jpg

Good morning D-League! Up side-stepping with a giant rubber band around my ankles this morning as part of my take-home therapy. My goal is to snap the band before I'm finished.

I see Duke lost by 24 last night. Crazy season in college hoops so far. Anything can STILL happen.

Settling back into the work grind, while the whispers in my head "who needs this? You can -- and SHOULD -- retire..." grow louder. If Dementia Joe hadn't wrecked the economy to the point of a stock market collapse, I think I might.

Not much else happening with me. Hope you folks have a great day.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 42°F and clear. We may see a high of 68°F later on today. Jacket weather.

Modern problems: trash and recycle out at curb.
First thing that came to mind.
Chevy.jpg

That was me last night. First time I've over done it in years. No reason, just started and then realized I was drunk and continued. Feeling it this morning and must go train my student at 0900. Slow mo today

Last edited:
SWFL has a hatch. Official hatch time 20:22:42 pm Jan. 4th 2023.

Congrats to Harriet & M15.
Thanks for posting these. We had an eagle's nest close to our cabin on Lake Cumberland and was able to see a successful nesting several years ago. Also, had a nest of red shoulder hawks straight across from our front porch for a couple of years. Enjoyed watching the little ones grow up. The nesting couple haven't been back the last 2 years and I miss them.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning, D-League!

This is my most dreaded time of year now. Thanksgiving through early January. Lost so many friends and relatives at this time or who had birthdays at this time. I just get angry or sullen off an on for weeks. I've havent been letting it beat me for years, but this year after losing another family member, I'm kind of bottomed out.

I've not been here much in order to keep my negativity out of this bright spot on the internet.

Hope you are all doing well. Hope MdWildcat is recovering quickly, and that Don, Rooster, and others are getting along nicely. May God continue to bless the D-League!

Good Morning D

It is 69° with a light rain after a very hard rain this morning. It was welcomed. This afternoon will provide a clear day with a high temp of 74°.

I am settling in after attending a funeral in Georgia. It was one of the saddest funerals I have attended. Usually when someone my age dies I am sad but not shocked. The funeral of a young person is the worst but this one was sad in a different way. I was shocked at this funeral. Just devastated knowing the pain she and her family went through.

My lifelong friend had a very rough last 5 years and it showed. Alzheimer's is such a horrible disease. Fortunately we have not had it in our family so when you see it and what it does to a family it hits hard. Prayers for those who survive that they will be able to bring the family back together. It caused a very sad split and I understand that often happens with families who have loved ones with Alzheimer. It was all foreign to me and I hated to see it. Especially to someone you loved.

I trust all are well and wish you the best today.

Any of you ever fly with a weapon in checked bags?
Is all you need a locked case and you can put the gun and loaded clip in it?
Not since 1986. Last time I flew with weapons, all were unloaded. Still went through hell because we were on a British Airways flight coming out of Germany via London.

Good morning D-League! Up side-stepping with a giant rubber band around my ankles this morning as part of my take-home therapy. My goal is to snap the band before I'm finished.

I see Duke lost by 24 last night. Crazy season in college hoops so far. Anything can STILL happen.

Settling back into the work grind, while the whispers in my head "who needs this? You can -- and SHOULD -- retire..." grow louder. If Dementia Joe hadn't wrecked the economy to the point of a stock market collapse, I think I might.

Not much else happening with me. Hope you folks have a great day.

I have to laugh out loud. Not sure why the above caught my eye but it did and I thought of...

NINTCHDBPICT000382909059.jpg

Will state it again... not the sense God gave a goose... 😅

First thing that came to mind.
Chevy.jpg

That was me last night. First time I've over done it in years. No reason, just started and then realized I was drunk and continued. Feeling it this morning and must go train my student at 0900. Slow mo today

HA student late and the warehouse worker gets slammed to the floor twelve times before brother wc realizes it is not her....😂 Da brudder didn't know what hit him...

mrw-i-read-all-the-drunk-texts-i-sent-last-night-165861.gif

AwMp.gif

Neat!

Now is this an heir & a spare situation where the first hatched will murder the younger 2nd one such that there's only one survivor to feed?

Not likely, Egg 2 has pipped and hatching of E22 imminent Two experience adults. Two eaglets, each has a ≈ 75% chance. There will more likely be a feeding frenzy. Still early enough to see a second clutch if there is nesting failure. Two eaglets best. Social skills and then hunting skills are best learned during the nesting seasons where they are fed and pampered by the adults. Consequences of competition less dramatic. The maturing process normally takes 5 years. Harriet and M15 are good as it gets. Been doing this over 10 years. In case you missed this.
1st pip

2nd pip today

Last edited:
Good morning folks. Glad it is Friday. Grueling week.

Got my second PT session later this morning. Not exactly looking forward to it, but I am hoping to keep some momentum going on getting to 100 percent.

Watching a replay of Indiana blowing a 21-point lead to an Iowa team that was winless in conference -0-3. My goodness, the defense in the B-10 is atrocious. Iowa scored 91 on Indiana after scoring 50 on Nebraska a week ago while getting blown out.

Have a good day folks.

Morning. Sun is trying to come up in an apparent clear sky. It is a cool 30°F on our way to 48°F.

Watching a replay of Indiana blowing a 21-point lead to an Iowa team that was winless in conference -0-3. My goodness, the defense in the B-10 is atrocious. Iowa scored 91 on Indiana after scoring 50 on Nebraska a week ago while getting blown out.
There were a bunch of near upsets last night. (1) Purdue squeaked by Ohio State; (5) Arizona beat Washington by 3; (9) Gonzaga beat San Fran by 2; (10) UCLA beat USC by 2.

This is a hard year to figure teams out.

Good Friday Morning

The sun is shining and we have 45° with clear skies. No chance of rain to speak of. The high will be 69°.

Headed to the gym to work out later this morning. My protein breakfast of sausage and eggs should give me strength to make it through the day. The coffee is extra good this morning.

I am starting on my Income Tax return. Death and taxes are two things I can not change I guess.

Anyone been in an earthquake? I was thinking back to sometime in 1969 or 70. I was walking a post in Turkey when the ground came rolling at me like an ocean wave. I don't know how high the ground got, but I was riding the wave as it passed through. At one point the ground was only an inch or 2 from my face and I did not fall. It happened and was gone so quickly, you didn't have time to get scared. They said the epicenter was a couple of hundred miles away and over a 1,000 people died.

Anyone been in an earthquake? I was thinking back to sometime in 1969 or 70. I was walking a post in Turkey when the ground came rolling at me like an ocean wave. I don't know how high the ground got, but I was riding the wave as it passed through. At one point the ground was only an inch or 2 from my face and I did not fall. It happened and was gone so quickly, you didn't have time to get scared. They said the epicenter was a couple of hundred miles away and over a 1,000 people died.

Never been in an earthquake but this was the first article (from 2015) I just saw about it and mentions some Kentucky school kids as well as other states getting out of school for this...I was 9 years old at the time. I actually thought I was a couple years older when it happened, but I do remember that some guy predicted an earthquake and they taught us at school what to do in case of an earthquake several times. I can't say with certainty but I'm like 99 percent sure we actually got a day or two off from school cause of this. I didn't read the whole article so I'm not sure why the prediction was taken so seriously, but looking back that seems crazy to me.

From the article:

The third day of December 1990 was a Monday, but schools in the small southeast Missouri town of New Madrid were closed.

In fact, some 40,000 students in portions of Missouri and surrounding states — Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, and Indiana — had the day off, and some districts had canceled Tuesday and Wednesday as well. The reasons given by school officials varied. Some said the cancellations were made out of an abundance of caution, or in response to community pressure. Others said that even if schools had remained open, many kids would have been absent anyway, because their parents wanted to keep them at home, or had decided to leave the area. The closings had been announced weeks, in some cases even months, beforehand.

Never been in an earthquake but this was the first article (from 2015) I just saw about it and mentions some Kentucky school kids as well as other states getting out of school for this...I was 9 years old at the time. I actually thought I was a couple years older when it happened, but I do remember that some guy predicted an earthquake and they taught us at school what to do in case of an earthquake several times. I can't say with certainty but I'm like 99 percent sure we actually got a day or two off from school cause of this. I didn't read the whole article so I'm not sure why the prediction was taken so seriously, but looking back that seems crazy to me.

From the article:

The third day of December 1990 was a Monday, but schools in the small southeast Missouri town of New Madrid were closed.

In fact, some 40,000 students in portions of Missouri and surrounding states — Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, and Indiana — had the day off, and some districts had canceled Tuesday and Wednesday as well. The reasons given by school officials varied. Some said the cancellations were made out of an abundance of caution, or in response to community pressure. Others said that even if schools had remained open, many kids would have been absent anyway, because their parents wanted to keep them at home, or had decided to leave the area. The closings had been announced weeks, in some cases even months, beforehand.
I remember it. It's generally where the earthquakes of 1812 to 1814 took place. The Mississippi River ran backwards for a few days in 1812. Church bells rang as far away as Boston. The guy who made the prediction had correctly predicted something else, so he was taken seriously. Odd as it might seem, national media wanted to be there to cover it if it happened. That area is pretty rural, so there weren't a lot of motel rooms available. Towns all around the area had their motel rooms sold out. That area covers the bootheel of Mo, northeast Tn, and very far west Ky.

I remember it. It's generally where the earthquakes of 1812 to 1814 took place. The Mississippi River ran backwards for a few days in 1812. Church bells rang as far away as Boston. The guy who made the prediction had correctly predicted something else, so he was taken seriously. Odd as it might seem, national media wanted to be there to cover it if it happened. That area is pretty rural, so there weren't a lot of motel rooms available. Towns all around the area had their motel rooms sold out. That area covers the bootheel of Mo, northeast Tn, and very far west Ky.

This is the map that came with the article, I remember it freaked me out a little bit being a kid, but I'm sure I probably just played outside or played video games during our day or days off...

longform-original-28092-1449251988-4.jpg

Minor one. 4-something centered 50 miles away at Maysville around 1980. Summer Sunday afternoon as I was laying on couch watching a Reds game. Felt minor movement & rafters creaked. DW was in other room & she heard the creaking but didn't feel anything. Told her I thought we'd had EQ. Went outside & neighbor was washing car. I told them what I thought & of course they thought I was crazy (again) & said they felt nothing. Went back inside and the EQ message went across bottom of screen like 5-10 minutes later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT