ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning all,

Sitting in the DC VA waiting for my MRI. I think I am well enough to get through it being still and not coughing up a lung. We shall see. I will work from home today once I finish but I sure need to be back in my office

Have a great day...

Good morning from a cloudy Smiths Grove at 32.3°F on our way to 48 with a 40% chance of rain.

@MdWIldcat55 best of luck on the hip replacement. Just take your pain meds as prescribed and walk, walk, walk. That sounds easy until they replace your hip! In a few days you will be using your cane out of habit instead necessity. The beauty of my hip replacement was that my PT office is only 1/2 mile from my house. Big help.

Time for breakfast and this morning it will be honey on those biscuits. We try to keep two types of honey around at all times. Both are local and very good for you. Orange blossom is our standard but our premium, "high society" "uptown" "high brow" Gold Standard is Tupelo Honey. That is the Cream of the Crop.

Tupelo honey is one of the rarest honeys in the world, and for centuries it was an under-the-radar delicacy eaten only in certain areas of Georgia and Florida, where the white Ogeechee Tupelo Tree blooms. That is, until the 1970s when the rock star Van Morrison released his album, Tupelo Honey. Ever since this flash of stardom the expensive sweetener has been sought out by eaters and prized for its butteriness and floral spice.

Fast Facts​

• Place of Origin: Southern Cypress Swamp in Florida and South Georgia
  • Distinct Flavor: Sweet butter, light cinnamon and floral notes
  • Other Names: Swamp honey, southern gold

iu

Thanks for the advice and encouragement Sawnee and Bert. This surgery will be a good thing for me -- when I'm looking back in a month. Challenging timing for it, but you could say that about most things in life, I suppose. We D-leaguers power through.
More often than not surgery can be life changing for you. I would not be walking today had I not had a complete spinal fusion and of course had I not had cancer surgery I would probably be gone from this earth by now.

Make it a good thing MdWildcat55 and we pray you will be blessed with a skilled surgeon. You will be back in business before you know it.

Time for breakfast and this morning it will be honey on those biscuits. We try to keep two types of honey around at all times. Both are local and very good for you. Orange blossom is our standard but our premium, "high society" "uptown" "high brow" Gold Standard is Tupelo Honey. That is the Cream of the Crop.

Tupelo honey is one of the rarest honeys in the world, and for centuries it was an under-the-radar delicacy eaten only in certain areas of Georgia and Florida, where the white Ogeechee Tupelo Tree blooms. That is, until the 1970s when the rock star Van Morrison released his album, Tupelo Honey. Ever since this flash of stardom the expensive sweetener has been sought out by eaters and prized for its butteriness and floral spice.

Fast Facts​

• Place of Origin: Southern Cypress Swamp in Florida and South Georgia
  • Distinct Flavor: Sweet butter, light cinnamon and floral notes
  • Other Names: Swamp honey, southern gold

iu
Are you bragging? :)

Thanks for the advice and encouragement Sawnee and Bert. This surgery will be a good thing for me -- when I'm looking back in a month. Challenging timing for it, but you could say that about most things in life, I suppose. We D-leaguers power through.
Get one of these and once you can walk without it use it like this.

The Cats are rated #42 in NCAA basketball. UL is #361. There are 363 teams rated. The SEC is well represented with 6 teams ranked higher than UK, led by #4 Tennessee and #5 Miss State.

The Cats are rated #42 in NCAA basketball. UL is #361. There are 363 teams rated. The SEC is well represented with 6 teams ranked higher than UK, led by #4 Tennessee and #5 Miss State.

A crying shame with the talent on this team. No, they aren't world beaters and there is no AD or MKG but this team can play IF, they play to their capabilities....(Who will take this team to their full capabilities...)

I had a fantastic workout this morning with solid vitals and good cardiac excercise.

I am heded down to the Drivers License place tomorrow and finally get "Veteran" stamped on my license. I have been putting it off for years but now it is time. It is free and all you need is your DD-214. All establishments around here honor it if they give discounts to veterans. With inflation skyrocketing any saving is nice so I say go for it.

Sample in lower right corner

143f8992-b921-48c0-829d-26cae0631d70_1140x641.jpg

I had a fantastic workout this morning with solid vitals and good cardiac excercise.

I am heded down to the Drivers License place tomorrow and finally get "Veteran" stamped on my license. I have been putting it off for years but now it is time. It is free and all you need is your DD-214. All establishments around here honor it if they give discounts to veterans. With inflation skyrocketing any saving is nice so I say go for it.

Sir,

So are you Black or White????? BWAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAAA.....

m-jackson-michael-jackson.gif

giphy.gif

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Had to get a Michael Jackson gif in somehow.... 😅

So which one is you?

Reactions: _Rooster
Good morning from ATX. Currently 66°F and cloudy. Today's high may max out around 74°F.

Alarm clock (repurposed smartphone) failed this morning. Running late. Something else on my list for troubleshooting.

Worked late on another call with Microsoft yesterday. Meh, only an hour.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Gazpacho-Day-December-6.jpg

Good morning everyone.

We put in about 10 miles on our hike to Mount Rogers, the highest elevation in Virginia (5700+ feet). I'm a little sore in the hips since we walked a little faster than our normal pace keeping up with the hike leader. He's walked the entire Appalachian Trail. My wife and I were the only ones that made it all the way with the leader. It's a group sponsored by our Ext. Office.

The little bear gif sticking out its tongue reminds me of one of our favorite days. My wife and I got to help check a bear den in the winter and I have a pic of her holding a cub about that size and the cub stuck out its tongue like that.

I hope everyone has a great day and prayers for those sick and with upcoming surgeries.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

50° this morning with a high in the low 50's expected.

Light day today. Normal work out and dog walking first (after wife leaves for work) and then, find a holiday movie or two to watch.

You folks out and about. be careful. For those staying home like me, rest easy. To all God Bless.

Good morning folks. One of those days so far. Overslept. Forgot to take the garbage cans to the curb last night and missed it this morning. Missed a train and got stuck on a platform in the freezing rain. Then a text message from my wife saying “oil light on in car.”

Hope things are going better for all of you.

Last edited:
Good morning folks. One of those days so far. Overslept. Forgot to take the garbage cans to the curb last night and missed it this morning. Missed a train and got stuck on a platform in the freezing rain. Then a text message from my wife saying “oil light on in car.”

I know what it is like to get that call from your wife. Mine called sometime back about the Service Engine light being on. I told her to take off the gas cap and screw it back on. She said she was dropping it off at the service department instead.

When she got there she told the service manager what I said, I suppose to get a laugh from him. He told her "let's try it". They did and the light went off. Funny how these things work.

Well things can only go up! :)

I know what it is like to get that call from your wife. Mine called sometime back about the Service Engine light being on. I told her to take off the gas cap and screw it back on. She said she was dropping it off at the service department instead.

When she got there she told the service manager what I said, I suppose to get a laugh from him. He told her "let's try it". They did and the light went off. Funny how these things work.
Yeah, that's my wife to a T. Oil light on? Either drive it without worrying about it or take it in for a $4,000 engine overhaul that may or may not solve the problem.

I've learned this car. It has a hair-trigger oil light that goes on about every eight months - especially if you get behind with routine oil changes, which is my fault as the man but in my defense I never drive this vehicle so I lose track. What it needs is about half a pint of oil until you can get it to Jiffy Lube for a change. Then the light goes off for up to a year.

Why is it burning a little oil every several months? I don't know but it doesn't seem worth thousands of dollars to find out.

My dad was a great shade tree mechanic, but since cars are not baseballs, I didn't learn anything about cars. Jan knows more than I do.
When I first retired from the military, I worked at the first place that would hire me and that was Montgomery Wards in Lawton OK. I first worked preparing the store for opening and then later the automotive shop fixing flats, putting on new tires, oil changes and just easy stuff most guys can do. I am no mechanic either but now when my old karate instructor/friend has problems he calls me. Just the other day he had a flat late night outside of Planet Fitness in Lawton and called me the next morning to come change the tire, so I did. He has never changed a tire or anything. One time around spring this year, I jumped his car and showed him how to do it and gave him some cables. Not long after, he called me from OKC while visiting his now ex- girlfriend and her car's battery was dead. He asked if I could come to OKC and jump it. I live about an hour from the city limits, and she lives further in. I reminded him about the cables, and he said he still did not know how to do it so, I talked her through it over the phone.

Turning back the clock to Spring Training 1951, Vero Beach, FL. Here I am out on the training field with the Brooklyn Dodgers. We could mix and mingle with the players and carry our autograph book around without the player charging to sign your page.

These were some of the Brooklyn Dodgers greatest teams and players of all time, the early 1950 teams. Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, Pee Wee Reese, Duke Snider and the list goes on.

Kids had fun back them. We would get out of school and ride our bike over to Dodger Town. Get our gloves and back up the outfielders. If the ball went over their head or they knocked one in the weeds we could run it down and keep it. I had my uncles Navy locker full of baseballs. LOL I am wearing one of his sailor hats which was another thing most kids had back then.

EDIT: And oh, it was all free. Nobody charged a penny and you could just walk through the gate. There was a small charge for actual exhibition games (The Grapefruit League it was called) but just training, 0. An exhibition game was probably 25 cents for a kid and maybe 50 cents for an adult. Sometimes they would just let kids walk in without a charge. It depended on the man at the gate. If you didn't have any money.

318721298_5758366850883010_5462343967355067822_n.jpg

Last edited:
Turning back the clock to Spring Training 1951, Vero Beach, FL. Here I am out on the training field with the Brooklyn Dodgers. We could mix and mingle with the players and carry our autograph book around without the player charging to sign your page.

These were some of the Brooklyn Dodgers greatest teams and players of all time, the early 1950 teams. Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, Pee Wee Reese, Duke Snider and the list goes on.

Kids had fun back them. We would get out of school and ride our bike over to Dodger Town. Get our gloves and back up the outfielders. If the ball went over their head or they knocked one in the weeds we could run it down and keep it. I had my uncles Navy locker full of baseballs. LOL I am wearing one of his sailor hats which was another thing most kids had back then.

318721298_5758366850883010_5462343967355067822_n.jpg
That's very cool, Sawnee. I didn't get to see any spring training games until the late 1970s, but it was still fun then. And in the mid-1960s, old parks like Crosley Field in Cincinnati were small enough and built in a way that the players were fairly accessible. I still have a scorecard from 1968 signed by Pete Rose, Johnny Bench and Tony Perez, among a few others in those pre-Big Red Machine days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT