ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

So, a small PLANE crashed into a 100-foot high power line and got twisted like a toy about two miles as the crow flies from my house.

No power until at least the morning.

No immediate word on pilot or passengers. He must be a major dumb ass, but I hope all survive.
Heard about it on news this morning as I drove on I-35. Happy y'all okay.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 43°F and clear. Today's high expected around 73°F.

Departed Nolin Lake area later than expected yesterday. Windstream changed Cuz' router a few months ago. He could not print. Completed troubleshooting and left at 10:40 am. Pulled into Bowling Green White Castle at 11:30 am. Traffic turned horrible once crossing state line into TN. Bengals vs Titans football game happening as I drove by. I could see the stadium at a distance. Glad Bengals won. Finally passed through Nashville at 1:10 pm. Periodic stop-and-go traffic on both sides of Little Rock. Arrived home at 2:45 am this morning. What a haul.

Pup and wife very happy to see me. Good to be back home. Must turn rental car in by 3 pm today. Plan on cleaning up a bit, sleeping and then driving over to Enterprise for turn-in around 2 pm.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design23.jpg

Good morning folks. That long weekend went by way too fast.

We got our power back in the night and apparently the folks in the plane that got tangled in power lines survived. At least I’ll be able to work from home like a normal Monday with Wi-Fi connectivity and power.

Cold and windy today. Hope everyone is doing well.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!
32° this morning with winds up to 25mph. High to be in the mid 60's and windy.

Cats won this weekend, Bengals won this weekend, Louisville lost this weekend, can't get much better than that for my sports weekend.

House almost looks like a small Christmas store/gift shop. BIL and MIL came over yesterday while wife and I decorated. Wife continued to decorate after I went to bed leaving me a note not to clean up and put the extra decorations away until she gets up. Wants to put up more. Still have many containers with decorations bought over the years. She will probably get up about the time I leave to play Mr. Miyagi this morning.

It's Monday and to all who are working, you guys be careful out there and God Bless.

Had a couple bets on the game so I had it on...

For those interested Benny Snell had a nice game for the Steelers. They hadn't given him the ball one time in at least the previous 4 games (not sure if he has been hurt or just way down on the depth chart), he led them in rushing tonight with 12 carries for 62 yards (5.2 per carry) and scored a TD. Was glad to see a former Cat get some playing time and do well.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 67°F and cloudy. Today's high expected around 78°F. Cold front coming in tomorrow morning. Temperatures turning chilly after midnight.

Back to work today. No more work-holidays until Monday, December 26. I might not visit Florida during January. Wait and see.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Lemon-Cream-Pie-Day-TN.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

50° this morning with a high of near 70° for the day. 20-30mph winds with higher gust expected. Cooler air coming tonight.

Nothing planned for the day after workout. Did enough over the weekend. Will watch USA vs Iran in the World Cup at 1300 cst then veg out while waiting for the Cats to play tonight.

Noticed that the big names of old in college basketball are falling early this year. UK, Duke, Carolina, to name the most notable. Parity? Bad coaching? Probably a combination of both. Could also be that the heart/pride is just not there anymore. I wonder if just the promise of money (NIL) has an effect on that. For years, the NBA has been boring until close to playoff and playoff time. No motivation because they will get paid no matter what.

Oh well, in any case: IT'S GAME DAY! AND GOD BLESS
Game-day.gif

Good Morning D

I got back from Kentucky yesterday and immediately hit the sack. There is something about Kentucky weather that shows me I am a softie because it seem each time I go up there I end up under the weather. This time I came down with a very severe cold or flu and have been coughing for 3 days with horrible pain in my bones and very weak. Miserable.

The family walked over to the game and had a good time. Always nice to beat UL, it is expected now.

Our weather will get up to 81° with lots of golden sunshine. I am going to park myself in my lounge chair and soak up the rays and try to get this junk out of my system. I have found nothing works as good as sunshine to do the body good.

I trust all are well and in good spirits. @BBUK don't over do it at work.

These make a good broth to treat colds and flu

309410709_620681599790695_4956937937738665436_n.jpg

Good morning everyone.

Be careful in that sun Sawnee Cat. You can most likely handle it but I have to be very careful. Skin cancer issues for me for over 30 years now.

Not much on tap for today. We'll blow the leaves off the family cemetery after lunch when it dries a bit. Two of the biggest white oaks you'll see are overlooking the small family plot. Tons of leaves. After we polish off left over chicken and dumpins tonight it's game time.

I've found myself avoiding the forum somewhat since the Gonzaga game. Many of our fans are a miserable bunch and I just don't want it rubbing off on me.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone.

Be careful in that sun Sawnee Cat. You can most likely handle it but I have to be very careful. Skin cancer issues for me for over 30 years now.

Not much on tap for today. We'll blow the leaves off the family cemetery after lunch when it dries a bit. Two of the biggest white oaks you'll see are overlooking the small family plot. Tons of leaves. After we polish off left over chicken and dumpins tonight it's game time.

I've found myself avoiding the forum somewhat since the Gonzaga game. Many of our fans our a miserable bunch and I just don't want it rubbing off on me.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Good advise on the sun and skin cancer. We have not had skin cancer in my family most likely because we were always taught to respect the sun and protect yourself. My grandfather grew citrus and worked in the groves from sun up to sun down and I never saw him without a long sleeve, thick cotton shirt and a straw cowboy hat. He sweat and that cooled him off.

He thought the Yankees that came down here were insane as they got what he called "half naked" and burn up in the noon sun laying on Clearwater Beach. Just foolish.

I always had adequate clothing in the sun and my skin in smooth and not wrinkled. I knew a beautiful girl from my youth who was a sun worshiper and spent countless hours at the beach soaked in Coppertone. She died with skin cancer and it was brutal. A horrible and painful death with cancer all through her body. She even went blind.

Watermelon picking time in Clearwater. For July 4th. Wearing that straw hat.

38257_105395262846892_347258_n.jpg

Good Morning D

I got back from Kentucky yesterday and immediately hit the sack. There is something about Kentucky weather that shows me I am a softie because it seem each time I go up there I end up under the weather. This time I came down with a very severe cold or flu and have been coughing for 3 days with horrible pain in my bones and very weak. Miserable.

The family walked over to the game and had a good time. Always nice to beat UL, it is expected now.

Our weather will get up to 81° with lots of golden sunshine. I am going to park myself in my lounge chair and soak up the rays and try to get this junk out of my system. I have found nothing works as good as sunshine to do the body good.

I trust all are well and in good spirits. @BBUK don't over do it at work.

These make a good broth to treat colds and flu

309410709_620681599790695_4956937937738665436_n.jpg

Great to hear from you Sir.

Amazing you posted that, My Darling made me EXACTLY that type of soup just yesterday but she actually prepared some soy beans as well by spoiling them to where the were soured and used in the soup too. (That's as good as I can explain it other than there is a fermentation process My Darling uses to prepare the soy beans for the soup. The soup is just pleasing...My wife also added a good amount of pork and some other items. (Onions and garlic among other things...) Just a satisfyingly meal...(I "have" it to eat again today.) 😍

Last edited:
Good Morning all,

I am working from home today. Ah, I did make the trip into work. As I was entering the building going through the guards one of my counterparts coming in as well mentioned how bad I sounded. It actually made me feel good as I mentioned to her I was feeling bad but had work that needed to be completed. I walked up to my office, I think I mortally scared a lady that works in my office as I had on a mask and told her I was sick but was leaving and I think she thought I told her I had covid. (It is the flu. Tested (My grandson was.. and Papa got it from him.)

In any event I am new so have not developed the trust throughout my agency yet that I will have with a little more time.

In any event I don't feel bad though I have not slept a full minute in two days due to the sinus issues I am having and I wear a CPAP device so I was constantly up cleaning it due to my sinuses. (At least my sinuses are draining.).... Whistle while I work, I'm a stupid little jerk...

Have a great day!

Good Morning D

It is that bad Florida weather that allowed the flu virus to thrive! :)

Get better my friend.

You stated:

"Good advise on the sun and skin cancer. We have not had skin cancer in my family most likely because we were always taught to respect the sun and protect yourself. My grandfather grew citrus and worked in the groves from sun up to sun down and I never saw him without a long sleeve, thick cotton shirt and a straw cowboy hat. He sweat and that cooled him off."

My dad did the same. On top of that he wore boots so copperheads would not bite him. Dad was born in 1902, but was a 19th century man through and through.

Last edited:
Stoops isn't waiting around to do his house cleaning. This follows the running backs coach being let go yesterday.

This had to happen and I am glad Coach did not drag it out. Filling that with the correct man will be the most important job Stoops has this off season. He has to hit a home run.

There are some great candidates out there and acting fast should increase the odds of brining in The Man.

This had to happen and I am glad Coach did not drag it out. Filling that with the correct man will be the most important job Stoops has this off season. He has to hit a home run.

There are some great candidates out there and acting fast should increase the odds of brining in The Man.
It definitely had to happen, and the sooner the better for all parties involved. I think this will go a long way in helping to keep some of the skill position players as well. As for candidates, a return of Coen seems to be a popular choice amongst fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT