ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I have never watched a soccer match. Just checking in on it while I am channel surfing. It bores me bad.

I am a stuck in the mud ole school guy and half of my life they have been trying to shove soccer down our throat. NOPE NOPE NOPE, not for me.
I will go through life and not get into soccer either Bert. It just does not appeal to me.

Now, I just watch...and baseball (mostly Reds).
B9aQFUxIAAAiw95.jpg

This is me laughing at you with a beer doing a Whitey Herzog impression....'mostly Reds' haha...you would see better baseball watching the Toledo Mud Hens.

1200px-Toledo_Mud_Hens_logo.svg.png

I’ll probably be asked to turn in my D-League Man Card but I’ve come around on soccer.

I forced myself to watch a few high-level matches start to finish, not expecting to enjoy it or even understand it at first, but gradually I started to feel the rhythms and get into the pace and anticipate the strategy a bit. After that, I began to get pulled into the tension, the huge value of each goal.

Parts of it still infuriate me -the flopping, the bullshit offsides. But those last few minutes yesterday of the US defending a 1-0 lead against some furious attacks was pretty damn thrilling.

Now a biscuit bake-off I could understand.............In baseball you can make a guy look foolish if you play smart. In football as well. Many players can be made to look foolish during plays. Basketball as well... Heck even hockey is a sport where you at least can fight it out.

Take soccer, from the minute players take the field they all look foolish... where is the fun in that?

THAT'S BBUK's Bi-Centennial minute... 😁

Last edited:
I’ll probably be asked to turn in my D-League Man Card but I’ve come around on soccer.

I forced myself to watch a few high-level matches start to finish, not expecting to enjoy it or even understand it at first, but gradually I started to feel the rhythms and get into the pace and anticipate the strategy a bit. After that, I began to get pulled into the tension, the huge value of each goal.

Parts of it still infuriate me -the flopping, the bullshit offsides. But those last few minutes yesterday of the US defending a 1-0 lead against some furious attacks was pretty damn thrilling.
Nah, you good. Old Austin also played soccer back in the day. Yes, yesterday's finish was extremely thrilling, especially considering Iran beat TeamUSA in soccer back in the 90s or early 2000s if I remember correctly.

Edit: 1998 World Cup. Iran def USA 2-1.

Last edited:
This afternoon we will reach 81° and sunshine. That should help. I will assist the sunshine with chicken broth and grandma's medicine. I keep a jug of moonshine around and some fresh orange blossom honey. That should do it.
Orange blossom honey is as good as it gets. Publix stocked about four different brands and it is the best honey I have ever tasted.

Orange blossom honey is as good as it gets. Publix stocked about four different brands and it is the best honey I have ever tasted.
My grandfather had bee hives in the groves and raised his family on it. it was on the kitchen table all the time, ready to be spread on the biscuits. Grandma had several items on the kitchen table that were always there.

Salt and pepper of course. Also pepper and vinegar sauce to soak on the collards and turnip greens, guava jelly and orange blossom honey. She made the pepper sauce, guave jelly and got the honey from the hives. She always had an oil base table cloth to spread it out on.

iu

For your enjoyment. My BIL shared this with me...

This coming from Germany which should intrigue a few here. ;)

If you had been born on the north side of that bridge you would have been a buckeye, a worthless nut!
That's just sad. Further west he'd been a worthless Hoosier. I'm still tryin' to figure out the differrence tween the two. Being neither has any value I guess there is no difference at all. Hooosier = Buckeye?

Last edited:
Didn't know you could pre-order those. Is there a set upcoming date on it? We'd come to celebrate if we knew.
Ha ha, actually death certificate is for a life insurance policy. My grandmother took out the policy through Western & Southern Life of Cincy in 1947 on my uncle soon after his birth. I get a letter earlier this month listing me as the beneficiary. Huge shock. Not a large amount. Requested death certificate via mail on November 16.

Ha ha, actually death certificate is for a life insurance policy. My grandmother took out the policy through Western & Southern Life of Cincy in 1947 on my uncle soon after his birth. I get a letter earlier this month listing me as the beneficiary. Huge shock. Not a large amount. Requested death certificate via mail on November 16.
Close cousin spent his career at W&S after playing hoops for XU. Next door neighbor worked there a long time also.

Close cousin spent his career at W&S after playing hoops for XU. Next door neighbor worked there a long time also.
Good company. Our family on my mother's side has done business with W&S since at least 1943, possibly longer. My own personal policy is also through the firm. Must change beneficiaries soon on that policy.

Posting a bit today but.... take a listen.... Because He Lives....

Yes joy overcomes sickness and other maladies.... Joy is unspeakable...

Good morning D-League!

A frosty 20° here for all you Cats missing colder weather. On our way to a balmy 40° or so. 50s tomorrow supposedly

Big recruiting weekend for football. Hope we get a better bowl than the Liberty or I'll be elsewhere. That was the most disappointing venue for a bowl that I've been to (though I've never been to Detroit in the winter...).

Hope the backside of your week is more well shaped than Raquel, and less of a fantasy. Ha!

Thankful to God for another day! May He bless you and keep you in His hand!

Sorry for your loss, sir. Hope for your sake that payout is adjusted for inflation. Something you two can talk about together again one day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT