ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Not sure if wolf spider is the proper name, but when I lived in Ohio for almost 3 years...at first my place was filled with them, I had these sticky pads put out in 2 or 3 places and the pad would just be filled with a dozen dead spiders. I think they are mostly harmless to humans but I swear they were the fastest spiders I have ever seen, you would try to kill one and it would take off like it was Randall Cobb.
Yeah, they get pretty big here and their bite while harmless is painful. We have a lot of recluses here and other types and while cleaning fish earlier this year I built a wooden platform for my wife to filet fish easier and one day she grabbed it, freaked out and took the picture below before killing it. Yes, it was a Black Widow.

20220812-195051.jpg

20220812-195100.jpg

Wife just let out a scream while clearing out a space for the other cabinet that I had almost completely put together before she woke up this morning. A larger than normal size brown recluse went into the box she was about to go into. I had to take the box outside and empty the contents while she watched. When I got a mattress cover out of the box the spider jumped off of the cover and ran towards her. LOL! She screamed again, took off her shoe and was slapping around at it. She eventually got it and told me it was not funny. I could not help myself. I told her that next time just let me handle it outside.
Talking about spiders: Jan still has a house in town. It had roof damage from the tornado last year. We did some cleanup work inside today. Just doing a little at a time. Lots of spiders. After the tornado, it took us a full day with a chain saw just to get to the front door. We found the roof damage and went to Lowes to get tarps and other repair supplies. Biden came to town, and they had the roads blocked plus the storm still had roads blocked, so we couldn't get back to the house right away to do emergency repair on the roof. In the meantime, another heavy rainstorm hit. Parts of the ceiling caved in. No one was living there at the time, so no one was hurt. Not sure what we are going to do with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT