ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

artillery-cannon-animated-gif-4.gif

That Ole boy could sure hurt a leg if the braces didn't dig-in correctly every time...
I got my leg grazed by the recoil of a M102A2 Howitzer at Ft. Campbell once. Lucky it did not hit me straight on. Still bruised me as I spun out of the way realizing I was in the direct line of the tubes recoil when the number 1 man pulled the lanyard. I was in the circle as the number 2 man who loaded the howitzer. Below, Not me but a picture of where the number 2 man stands.

hqdefault.jpg

Just a response, not being political but how in the H_LL does anyone threaten violence and they are not immediately arrested?

Good morning from Nolin Lake near Anneta, KY. Currently 54°F and soggy. Received lots of rain last night. Expecting high winds today.

Heading back to ATX today. Leaving around 9 am CST. ETA = 12 midnight or 1 am. Must turn rental car in by 3 pm tomorrow.

Loved Cats win yesterday. IMO, should have beaten Vandy, Ole Miss and SC.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-CRAFT-JERKY-DAY-%E2%80%93-November-27-e1574700044242.png

WC,I have a question about this picture, when this big guy is fired with those two blades on the back to to keep it from moving to far, after a few rounds do they move it back up? Was never around artillery just tanks.
Most of the time no. They may have to lay the gun (ensures correct direction of fire) again with the aiming circle in the current position it (the gun) is now in after moving and reset the collimator and aiming post which are what the gunner uses to ensure he has the gun pointed on the correct azimuth of fire. However as long as the gunner can see the 0 in the collimator from his gunner's sight which has numbers counting up in each direction (left and right on both) they can continue to fire. If not, they re-lay the howitzer in its current position.

Last edited:
Good morning from Nolin Lake near Anneta, KY. Currently 54°F and soggy. Received lots of rain last night. Expecting high winds today.

Heading back to ATX today. Leaving around 9 am CST. ETA = 12 midnight or 1 am. Must turn rental car in by 3 pm tomorrow.

Loved Cats win yesterday. IMO, should have beaten Vandy, Ole Miss and SC.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-CRAFT-JERKY-DAY-%E2%80%93-November-27-e1574700044242.png
Yep, yep, and yep (Vandy, Ole Miss, and SC) and... Safe Travels.

Windy, .37" of rain, some clouds, some sun. It is currently 55.0°F and going down. We started out the day at 58°. 55 is to be the high for the rest of the day.

I enjoyed the game yesterday, but I am still disappointed in the O-Line. But a win in a win.

A&M upsetting LSU was not expected and I simply loved USC whupping Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT