ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

MQ7X4B4EFRCBROUZQHAMXTDNJM.jpg

7 - 3

I think someone was trying, or in the process of stealing my catalytic converter a week to a couple weeks ago but must have got scared off....

I have been hearing a huge rattle at the rear of my Mazda 3 for a couple weeks, only when it was stopped and idling. I finally got time to look under the rear of my car today. After looking around to see what the issue was, I found the three grommets (Rubber bushings about two inches wide.) disconnected from the top three posts that hold my converter in place. The bottom three grommets that come from the converter were still in tact and in place. It took both my hands and my elbow to reinsert each grommet. They would not have just come loose... Rattle gone but this criminality is getting real and it is too much. (My neighborhood has security at night driving up and down our streets and on call.) I'd have no issue walking my neighborhood at night or anytime. It is a decent area.

I park this car down at the end of my block in a parking spot with about ten other cars but townhomes are lined up in a row across from the parking area on that side street... Of course my car could have been somewhere else when the attempt happened... that's a lot of dough.... I am again thankful!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT