ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning folks. Back from a long hike which was enjoyable. Cloudy and cool -- a nice November day.

My sister-in-law stopped over and we were chatting about her husband -- my wife's brother. He was a fairly successful lawyer, retired in early 50s (they couldn't have kids) bought a place near the beach in Delaware, but was getting more and more bored.

So now he has gone back to technical school and passed his license as a HVAC tech. Good for him. I swallowed my instinct to joke, "finally doing something useful in life." (No offense to any lawyers in the D-League. My BIL by his own admission hated the kind of law he practiced which included getting rich A-holes off, and is why he bailed on it so young.)

Cats absolutely have to win today, but I have a bad feeling. A beating like last week is hard to reverse in a week of practice and the whole season may be about to snowball. I hope not.

For some reason, our county experienced reduced polling locations this year. Two locations I used during years past were no longer available this cycle. No biggie. I early voted last week around 4:30 pm. No line.
Since 2018 our voting process and locations have been changed. Instead of a computer printout that you sign in on at your assigned voting place, you now use a computer screen for your signature. You can vote anywhere in the country that has a polling place. The computerized system allows all country prencincts to vote at any of the 5 polling places. For this they now use large facilities, gyms etc, and it is walk in, sign in, vote and put your sheet in the scanner. All of the polling places have big parking capacity and they also have a separate section for the handicapped.

Yesterday no one was in front of Sherry and I. The total thing was about 5 minutes.

Since 2018 our voting process and locations have been changed. Instead of a computer printout that you sign in on at your assigned voting place, you now use a computer screen for your signature. You can vote anywhere in the country that has a polling place. The computerized system allows all country prencincts to vote at any of the 5 polling places. For this they now use large facilities, gyms etc, and it is walk in, sign in, vote and put your sheet in the scanner. All of the polling places have big parking capacity and they also have a separate section for the handicapped.

Yesterday no one was in front of Sherry and I. The total thing was about 5 minutes.
It took me longer to fill out the ballot than the wait in line to be processed.

Good Saturday Morning

Another pleasant day with a current temperature of 64° and our high should reach 84° with clear sunny skies.

Lots of nice games to watch today, should be a fun day and I trust the Cats can get back to winning. A loss today would make this season a disappointment in my eyes and probably knock the Cats out of any chance for a Florida bowl. I hope the Cats can get it together.

My wife and I are headed down to St Pete to the St Pete Yacht Club for a luncheon and speaker. It is always nice to visit that area. I trust all are well and have a great day.

iu

This is how it looked about 65 years ago.

iu
Had me thinking about Thurston Howell the third and Lovey always talking about the Yacht Club.

I think I would rather Levis try it throw it on fourth down with his left hand than for us to try to make FG right now. Hell, just let Levis try to kick it.

Not making kicks cost us the Ole Miss game, I don't like the feel of this one right now, we look like the better team but are only up 4. We gave them 3 points and missed our two FGs, easily could be something like 10-0 right now but it's not.

I think I would rather Levis try it throw it on fourth down with his left hand than for us to try to make FG right now. Hell, just let Levis try to kick it.

Not making kicks cost us the Ole Miss game, I don't like the feel of this one right now, we look like the better team but are only up 4. We gave them 3 points and missed our two FGs, easily could be something like 10-0 right now but it's not.
We should just roll Levis out and throw to the end zone and hope for a score. If they intercept, we just stop them before they get up the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT