ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

It is a cloudy 55.0°F on our way to 71°. We have a 20% chance of rain. I hope we get all 20.

Thursday nights basketball game is another one on SEC+. I hate that. We have two more scheduled and it appears that all of the run over games are going to be on the streaming service instead of going to ESPN News. I still hate it.

I retired at 53 because all the stars sort of aligned. I had won three large awards and received my largest bonus's. The pension is based on your best 5 of the last 10 years. I felt that if I stayed my pension would probably be less than in January 2000. So I pulled the trigger. You never know when to go and it is a tough decision.

So I moved from Jacksonville to Smiths Grove three months after my last day at work. My property tax went from $4,200 a year in Jacksonville to $900 in Smiths Grove. Florida has no income tax, but Kentucky, so far, have dinged me for a gross Kentucky Income Tax of less than $400 in 22 years (a little over $18 a year), because I am retired. My utilities are also a lot lower here than there.

I have not looked back, plus I got to be with my mom the last year of her life.

You all have a wonderful humpday.
KY's SS & $31,000 IRA/401k income tax exemptions go a long way. KY income tax apparently dropping a bit to 4.5% next year & could continue down years into the future. GOP wants to ultimately eliminate it.

A little "country" fire... (Enjoy...)

AND some good clean comedy in song...

Will add this one too...just because I like it. Still remember Jimmy Fortune when that song originated with the Statler Brothers and his rendition back then... This is a goodun!

Last edited:
Good afternoon!! Wife and I deer hunted with our crossbows this morning. We split up and our old 98 Nissan quit on her and she had to walk a ways and didn't see anything. She's not happy right now. Loose battery cable and I had it fixed which was close to a miracle.
I saw a few does and a good sized bear about 150 yards away. We'll wait til gun season in 10 days to try our luck again.

Oh, woke up at 2:45 AM nearly 3 hrs before the alarm. Grrrrrr.

Last edited:
Good afternoon!! Wife and I deer hunted with our crossbows this morning. We split up and our old 98 Nissan quit on here and she had to walk a ways and didn't see anything. She's not happy right now. Loose battery cable and I had it fixed which was close to a miracle.
I saw a few does and a good sized bear about 150 yards away. We'll wait til gun season in 10 days to try our luck again.

Oh, woke up at 2:45 AM nearly 3 hrs before the alarm. Grrrrrr.

Bear.... I saw some serious bear tracking back when I was working near Bernheim forest years ago. A customer had a catfish pond that he was commercially raising catfish and a bear got into and ate like 400 pounds of catfish. I have never had a run-in with a bear itself.. or is it themself? ;) (I liked Ole Yogi though...)

Always wanted to try some bear meat. I like deer meat but have to get a lot of the wild out of it or mix it with sausage or something like that. (May be an acquired taste but I ate my share years ago.)

I do hope you get your limit.

Eye appointment went I as expected. Eyesight still pretty good with some floaters and a hint of cataracts but the doc said she does not suggest any need for work on them at this point, too early to see if they will get worse. They are the same as they were 2 years ago. She did suggest a surgical procedure to open my eye lids some as my lids are drooping closing the eyes a bit. In the same breath suggesting prescription sunglasses to keep UV rays out. I ask would not the drooping eye lids help with that? She said sure but opening them would help you see a broader range. I then said: " Well, if our enemies start threatening to drop bombs on us, I will consider it". Need to see those things coming you know. she just laughed and realized I was not into someone cutting around in the areas of my eyes while I still have pretty good sight.

Eye appointment went I as expected. Eyesight still pretty good with some floaters and a hint of cataracts but the doc said she does not suggest any need for work on them at this point, too early to see if they will get worse. They are the same as they were 2 years ago. She did suggest a surgical procedure to open my eye lids some as my lids are drooping closing the eyes a bit. In the same breath suggesting prescription sunglasses to keep UV rays out. I ask would not the drooping eye lids help with that? She said sure but opening them would help you see a broader range. I then said: " Well, if our enemies start threatening to drop bombs on us, I will consider it". Need to see those things coming you know. she just laughed and realized I was not into someone cutting around in the areas of my eyes while I still have pretty good sight.

So, you are saying you have a dim view of things? Or a skewed view of things? I never get those right. o_O

312566341_688081426009714_5012828701946694949_n.jpg

The look you give when someone says they’ve never seen a John Wayne movie
🤨

Bear.... I saw some serious bear tracking back when I was working near Bernheim forest years ago. A customer had a catfish pond that he was commercially raising catfish and a bear got into and ate like 400 pounds of catfish. I have never had a run-in with a bear itself.. or is it themself? ;) (I liked Ole Yogi though...)

Always wanted to try some bear meat. I like deer meat but have to get a lot of the wild out of it or mix it with sausage or something like that. (May be an acquired taste but I ate my share years ago.)

If you have to get the wild out of deer meat, bear might not be to your liking. Had it when I was a kid at a big game dinner and nearly spit it across the table first bite. Tried everything, but the venison was the only thing I ate twice. ;)

smarter-than.gif

Good morning folks. Cold and dark in the east. My wife is off for a morning run. I used to grudgingly join her before my hip gave out. Who says there is no advantage in growing old?

Combined World Series no hitter. That’s got to be a perfect symbol of today’s MLB. Sort of an achievement, like three guys climbing mountains with a combined elevation of Mt Everest. But not quite the real thing.

Anyway, a best-of-three series now. I didn’t care who won when it started but have sort of become a Phillies fan.

Hope you all have a good day.

Morning Legionnaires!

70's on tap for the foreseeable future. Rain possible for the next 2 days. Will go fishing on Sunday and expect that might be my last time this year unless weather continues to be this warm. Next Friday is supposed to turn colder but rain threatens the warmer days before that except this Sunday.

More on the eye doctor appointment from yesterday. My wife and the doctor got in a little back in forth as my wife argued over which medications/vitamins were better for dry eyes which my wife suffers from prompting the doctor to remind my wife who is the doctor. My wife has looked up dry eyes on the internet (extensively) and what supplements and medications were best. The doctor was pushing what they sold (very expensive) and my wife said she could get it much cheaper through other means and what ones she thinks are better. It took us longer for the visit which prompted my daughter to ask me "What is mom doing?" "I am tired of being here". I said: "You know how your mother is" reminding her how her and her mother argue almost every time her mother comes over, which is why the last 2 times her brother has been here her mother decided not to come.

I piss my wife off from time to time telling her she is too much like her mother in that respect. They both are contrarians except that her mother is much worse. She (MIL) will take the opposite view of whatever subject we are talking about. I generally go to the bedroom to watch TV especially when UK is playing because she will interrupt while I am watching the game to ask questions about UK's football team and then argue about my answer.

Morning Legionnaires!

70's on tap for the foreseeable future. Rain possible for the next 2 days. Will go fishing on Sunday and expect that might be my last time this year unless weather continues to be this warm. Next Friday is supposed to turn colder but rain threatens the warmer days before that except this Sunday.

More on the eye doctor appointment from yesterday. My wife and the doctor got in a little back in forth as my wife argued over which medications/vitamins were better for dry eyes which my wife suffers from prompting the doctor to remind my wife who is the doctor. My wife has looked up dry eyes on the internet (extensively) and what supplements and medications were best. The doctor was pushing what they sold (very expensive) and my wife said she could get it much cheaper through other means and what ones she thinks are better. It took us longer for the visit which prompted my daughter to ask me "What is mom doing?" "I am tired of being here". I said: "You know how your mother is" reminding her how her and her mother argue almost every time her mother comes over, which is why the last 2 times her brother has been here her mother decided not to come.

I piss my wife off from time to time telling her she is too much like her mother in that respect. They both are contrarians except that her mother is much worse. She (MIL) will take the opposite view of whatever subject we are talking about. I generally go to the bedroom to watch TV especially when UK is playing because she will interrupt while I am watching the game to ask questions about UK's football team and then argue about my answer.

Friend has a MIL like that. He stopped responding to questions. Stopped taking the bait in other ways. Chooses when to put her in her place on things based on when he wants to chance grief with his wife. He hasn't complained much lately so his timing has clearly gotten better.

Speaking of the complainy ftiend.... My docs over the years kept getting worse and worse, more clueless about general health, so I started seeing Nurse Practitioners for primary care, and then started seeing a naturopathic when some nagging stuff didn't respond to traditional medical treatments. My friend had good results from switching some care to NPs and some to naturopathy, as a naturopath solved his toddler's regular ear infections when docs couldn't and weren't interested.

We had the same result, due to his recommendations. Saved my child an unnecessary surgery.

I'll ask my naturopathic about the dry eyes. I have another good friend who has them really bad. Docs haven't helped

Bear meat is pretty good. I haven't killed one but have had the opportunity to eat it a few times. Most game meat is good (I've tried about all of it) if you know it's limitations (usually lean) and cook accordingly.

Morning Legionnaires!

We were hoping to go fishing this week, but Dad decided against it with the wind picking up Sat. and he had a gender reveal for his newest great grandkid (my great niece/nephew). You should try winter fishing. It's our most successful way of catching striped bass on Cumberland.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and cloudy with a light wind. Today's high expected around 84°F.

Today, I'm working from home again. No need to rush into the office.

Game tonight at 7 EST against K-State. Go Cats!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Sandwich-Day-780x470.jpg

I was a day early. My Darling made me the best BLT with finely shredded sharp cheese and no lettuce (The stores were out of lettuce...go figure that one out.) It was a goodun though...

Hello all,

I was in to work early and am finishing this day up working from home. Go Cats, get this chit right!

I have a nice three day weekend as tomorrow is my off day. Next weekend I am off from Thursday through Tuesday. I think My Darling and I along with the BB are heading to Newberry, Florida to visit my son.

Have a great day!

Hello all,

I was in to work early and am finishing this day up working from home. Go Cats, get this chit right!

I have a nice three day weekend as tomorrow is my off day. Next weekend I am off from Thursday through Tuesday. I think My Darling and I along with the BB are heading to Newberry, Florida to visit my son.

Have a great day!

Hope you enjoy the time and the company! Safe travels as well

We were hoping to go fishing this week, but Dad decided against it with the wind picking up Sat. and he had a gender reveal for his newest great grandkid (my great niece/nephew). You should try winter fishing. It's our most successful way of catching striped bass on Cumberland.

Fb acquaintance just shared pics of his friends' trip to Wolf Creek Dam where they caught some great walleye, smallmouth, rainbow, and stripers.

Fb acquaintance just shared pics of his friends' trip to Wolf Creek Dam where they caught some great walleye, smallmouth, rainbow, and stripers.

Walleye is the best eating fish "they" is... Just a fine fish... I was hoping like hope I could have snagged one while fishing in the Chesapeake Bay but I knew I didn't have a punchers chance as I wasn't rigged right. The first time I was their earlier this year though I caught a nice Flounder on a piece of squid. (I had minnows too but that rod was squid. I must have clunked him on the head as they usually only snatch live minnows or smaller fish.) Haven't had Walleye in several years but I used to be able to eat it regularly and grew up on it in Michigan...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT