ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

St Johns River a short time before Hurricane Ian arrived.

308727381_225405823161522_6203313422159192168_n.jpg

We ship several boxes a week and used to ship several each day. Fed Ex is not so great, but they have been much better than UPS. UPS used to regularly bill us for items we did not ship. Jan was spending so much time on the phone getting it straightened out that we switched to Fed Ex. Though we do not use them at all anymore, UPS still bills us for something every couple of years. If they do to other small businesses what they were doing to us, instead of checking several pages of items, some places probably just pay the bill without checking.
I've had the exact opposite experience. UPS has been pretty good, not great but good. Much better than FedEx. Even the USPS is better. Of course I can only speak about home deliveries, not business deliveries.

I've had the exact opposite experience. UPS has been pretty good, not great but good. Much better than FedEx. Even the USPS is better. Of course I can only speak about home deliveries, not business deliveries.
It wasn't the deliveries we were upset about. They were consistently putting several hundred dollars a month on our bill for stuff we did not ship.

Good morning D League.

Working til noon then heading for Delaware for a fall beach weekend. The older I got the less I enjoyed laying on a packed beach listening to someone else’s boombox under a broiling August sun. But in October you are virtually alone on the beach and you can take in the majesty of the ocean, watch for schools of bottlenose dolphins and just general chill out -then hit one of a half dozen pretty good bars and restaurants. Weather is supposed to be perfect - 72 and blue skies.

I hope you folks are heading into a nice weekend.

Morning. It is a sunny 53.6°F here. We are supposed to get to 71°F. We are supposed to really get cold sat/sun down to 34°. The tender plants must be taken care of.

Sure hope Levis is able to play tomorrow night. We are getting deep into the SEC and we need all hands on deck.

I got to see my kids yesterday for lunch. They were on their way to middle Tennessee to RV. A good time. I also got to lunch with a fellow on the national board that runs around with my kids @kyjeff1. He is a really good guy. Maybe we can get him attracted to the D-League.

Here is our picture:
310691507_5474445996004273_585833364711653322_n.jpg

Morning. It is a sunny 53.6°F here. We are supposed to get to 71°F. We are supposed to really get cold sat/sun down to 34°. The tender plants must be taken care of.

Sure hope Levis is able to play tomorrow night. We are getting deep into the SEC and we need all hands on deck.

I got to see my kids yesterday for lunch. They were on their way to middle Tennessee to RV. A good time. I also got to lunch with a fellow on the national board that runs around with my kids @kyjeff1. He is a really good guy. Maybe we can get him attracted to the D-League.

Here is our picture:
310691507_5474445996004273_585833364711653322_n.jpg
That's a great photo Bert. Like me, you have a son who left no doubt from which tree the apple grew and fell. Last time I was in my small town I bumped into an old friend I hadn't seen for decades. He said, "I saw your son the last time you all were in town. I just saw him from a distance but there was no doubt -- he WALKS just like you did." Another woman my sister went to high school with told me, "I met your son with Kelly's boys. He not only looks exactly like you did, His voice sounds exactly like yours did."

Now that's a small town where the kids you grew up with remember each others' walks and voices.

That's a great photo Bert. Like me, you have a son who left no doubt from which tree the apple grew and fell. Last time I was in my small town I bumped into an old friend I hadn't seen for decades. He said, "I saw your son the last time you all were in town. I just saw him from a distance but there was no doubt -- he WALKS just like you did."
That guy with me is Jeff. He is a poster on Cats Illustrated and he runs around with my son and daughter. They are big into RVing.

My son is red headed and blue eyes, here we are last Christmas:
183231377_10225447701006219_2234041027753736733_n.jpg

He drinks gin and tonic and I drink bourbon.

That guy with me is Jeff. He is a poster on Cats Illustrated and he runs around with my son and daughter. They are big into RVing.

My son is red headed and blue eyes, here we are last Christmas:
183231377_10225447701006219_2234041027753736733_n.jpg

He drinks gin and tonic and I drink bourbon.

Always interacted well with Jeff Sir, the few times we have interacted. Yes a good poster for sure. With the back story and even better poster.

Hello all,

My Darling and I hit the road early this morning back to the Naval recreation area in Maryland. No fish are biting but we have a five gallon bucket full of large blue crab.

Waiting for the fish that bite and don't nibble. Caught nothing yet on the leaders I made...made a bunch of those suckers too. Will give it a full day before I cast judgement but disappointing for sure...so far....

Still a bad day fishing... ;) Have a great day!

LOL. My mistake. Well, in that photo he does seem to favor you.
He is an Iraqi vet. He put in 20 years in the national guard (Florida, Tennessee and Kentucky) and was activated in late 2003. He retired at 20 years because his wife wanted him to. He would still like to be in the U.S. Army.

The picture below is the day he became a 2nd Lt. (a long time ago)!
36708888_1745282392254004_2711343004911665152_n.jpg

Now he works for Norton Health group in Louisville. He is a computer engineer. The boy never had to hit the books hard. He still pisses me off. I don't like smart people!

But I am proud of my son. I am proud of my daughter. Sherry and I should have had more kids. They have been wonderful.

Good morning D-League. Lovely day in the Atlantic Coast of Delaware.

We visited our favorite fish and chips place last night -anywhere. My wife, who has spent a fair amount of time in London -claims this place tops any British F&C she has had. The guy running it is a pure working class Brit who we’ve gotten to know a bit over the years.

Then we stopped in a seaside bar for a quick drink. Suddenly the place erupts in cheers. We’re in Philly territory and it was the reaction to that 6-run 9th. Sorry Bernie.

It was a nice evening, and we’re headed to a little patisserie that makes remarkable cream cheese croissants. I needed a break from DC.

Hope all is well with you folks.

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

48° right now with the high supposed to be around 60°. Winds 10-20mph with light rain. It has been raining off and on since around 9:00pm last night and is supposed to have more rain possible the next few days. Much needed too. Temps will go back up tomorrow in the low 80's for a couple of days and then 70's for a while. I'll take it.

Hate that the game is in the evening. Not much to do on a rainy day. Guess I will just have to watch the Red River Rivalry by myself. Was supposed to go to a friend's house with many from out softball team to watch the game but, his FIL was moved to Hospice on Monday in San Antonio with cancer all over his body. They have him on Morphine and do not expect him to make it pass this or the next week.

Well anyway, GO CATS! AND GOD BLESS.

Good Saturday Morning GAME Day

I can't believe we are almost half way through the football season. Things are getting interesting. It is 58° right now and the high will be 81° with only a 1% chance of rain. The sun will be out all day with a cool breeze. Some of the best weather of the year often follows a hurricane. That has been true again this year.

I voted yesterday and feel good about that. We have some very strong state wide candidates. I voted for this man who attended a high school football game last night in hard hit Collier County. They cleared the football stadium and played ball a week after the storm. I trust all are well and root the Cats to victory. It is important.

311127756_696155428540035_2411477572842730409_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT