ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

OH YEAH, IT'S GAME DAY!

Game-day.gif

Good Saturday Morning GAME Day

I can't believe we are almost half way through the football season. Things are getting interesting. It is 58° right now and the high will be 81° with only a 1% chance of rain. The sun will be out all day with a cool breeze. Some of the best weather of the year often follows a hurricane. That has been true again this year.

I voted yesterday and feel good about that. We have some very strong state wide candidates. I voted for this man who attended a high school football game last night in hard hit Collier County. They cleared the football stadium and played ball a week after the storm. I trust all are well and root the Cats to victory. It is important.

311127756_696155428540035_2411477572842730409_n.jpg

^ I call bs for two reasons. They're not allowed/supposed to add any adornment to themselves or their property. The Domino's sign does that. And the carriage doesn't have the legally required slow-moving vehicle triangle on the back.

Good morning D-League. Lovely day in the Atlantic Coast of Delaware.

We visited our favorite fish and chips place last night -anywhere. My wife, who has spent a fair amount of time in London -claims this place tops any British F&C she has had. The guy running it is a pure working class Brit who we’ve gotten to know a bit over the years.

Then we stopped in a seaside bar for a quick drink. Suddenly the place erupts in cheers. We’re in Philly territory and it was the reaction to that 6-run 9th. Sorry Bernie.

It was a nice evening, and we’re headed to a little patisserie that makes remarkable cream cheese croissants. I needed a break from DC.

Hope all is well with you folks.
The Cards closer (Helsley) jammed a finger on the last game of the regular season and was questionable for the playoff game. After a few pitches, it started effecting his throwing and he had a terrible game. Manager Marmol kind of threw him under the bus postgame, but he waited far to long to see what was happening and he let things get way out of hand before reacting. A lot of card fans are po'd at Marmol.

Good morning fellow D Leaguer's, read Acts 28 this morning. What a beautiful day here in the Berg 37 when I got up at 4 this morning, supposed to have frost tonight!

It's game day, I hope the CATS do better than the Cards yesterday!

Been working on Christmas ornaments this week, made 44. I have to get working on some THIN BLUE LINE BADGES, got them cut out (5) then clean them, foil and solder them. Wish I could send every one of the D one, shipping prices sucks!

We need a rain bad, need the rain to wash the dirt off the arrow heads so I can find them!!!! My son (JP's dad) found a bucket lister a couple weeks ago, he found a double-sided nutting stone! I wish I could post a picture but this ole country boy just can't!

Where I volunteer at Hope 2 All the first week in September, we gave out 406 food boxes, that's from 9-1, we were starting to run out of food so Feed America told us to just give out one a month from now on. Our director, who is a Baptist minister, came in Monday and ask one of the guys if he had his weapon with him, he said people were getting mad at him over it, (he was just kidding about the weapon), they are getting so use to handouts that they get mad if they don't, what they don't understand is, it's better to get one a month than none at all!

I can't hardly believe it's been almost a year (17th) since we lost JP, will try to fill the D in sometimes later on.

I hope the D, has a great day, prayers and go CATS and Cardinals!!! (NOT LOSERVILLE!!!!)

This alligator gar fish was caught in a fence during the hurricane. It is a favorite fish of the Seminole but I always thought they were to bony for my taste. And they are ugly if you ask me. These things get up to 8 feet and can weigh 300 lbs. Big enough to feed half a tribe of Seminoles.

They are one of the oldest species on earth and pre-date the alligator.

310671635_637419661086833_6957690262272346870_n.jpg

Last edited:
Good late morning all,

I am nearly in need of being in traction. Won't let My Darling know...I will post some pictures later.

Caught a 50 quart cooler FULL of huge blue crab using string, chicken legs (I think six or seven lines out at a given time), and a long- polled net. We started about 9AM yesterday and stopped about 7PM.

Had the chumps iced down last night and went to bed. The suckers are still alive and kicking...

My Darling is working on them now. Me, I am lying prone in bed dreading getting up. I was downstairs earlier looking at them but didn't stay long. My Darling lives for days like yesterday and I do like them but how does it go....the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak ..

Eh, I will make a pot of coffee shortly and go clean my lowest level. The BB's play room and my garage. Have a great day and..............

Go CATS!!!!!

My kids would eat those things.

Sir,

I can take or leave crab. They taste good but just not my cup of tea. My Darling loving them as she does gives me pause at eating any. She has cooked that pot I posted twice this morning and is eating them all at her 5' 120 pounds. Just really does my heart good seeing her enjoy her food.

We have to watch our grand daughter Monday and I mentioned going tomorrow. My Darling never said no.... So I am sure we are. I am cleaning everything up today in preparation...😍

My computer is being infected by the aggravating Blue Screen. I may be in for a crash. Any ideas how to get rid of it?
Thanks
It could be because of a recent update or 3rd party software. Hopefully these troubleshooting steps from Microsoft will help you out Sawnee.

Morning. It is a sunny 53.6°F here. We are supposed to get to 71°F. We are supposed to really get cold sat/sun down to 34°. The tender plants must be taken care of.

Sure hope Levis is able to play tomorrow night. We are getting deep into the SEC and we need all hands on deck.

I got to see my kids yesterday for lunch. They were on their way to middle Tennessee to RV. A good time. I also got to lunch with a fellow on the national board that runs around with my kids @kyjeff1. He is a really good guy. Maybe we can get him attracted to the D-League.

Here is our picture:
310691507_5474445996004273_585833364711653322_n.jpg
There's always room at the table.
Morning folks. It is a frosty 44.2°F and was 38.8°F when I got up at 6:00am. Frost on the neighbors roofs and on grass. First frost on October 8. That is one week early.

Go Cats beat the chickens.
9jfpqWNu_o.png

Pulled up next to this Impala Super Sport old-timer on the way back from Zaxby's. Logo on the side read 409.

310483000_10226945649007792_8483972288347931302_n.jpg
I had one like this one while attending UK. Was stolen in Loulvul.
Link

Welp,

Got ready for the second wave tomorrow. ;) Cleaned up and gassed up My Darlings car. Had some better ideas for my leaders. I will try a few of those now. Not much except the spacing so the two hooks don't get tangled and though Croaker I guess are bottom feeders I made my leader line too close to the bottom in my thinking after seeing the finished product in action.... (Glad what I produced didn't cost much except my... time...) Trial and error, trial and error...

I was out but now I am not (Just filled my upstairs fridge.). I needed a Yuengling and picked up a case. No Black and Tans on the shelf so none of those...

Nice day at the beach and along the boardwalk. The beach house we’re staying doesn’t get the game, so I’ll be sneaking peeks here, hoping to see spinning blue sparks and artillery barrages.

Go Cats.

You mentioned where you were at MdW, I missed finding the post. Was wanting to look to see if it is an area My Darling and I may want to visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT