ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Looks like My Darling panned for gold yesterday and hit it big...

We were at the commissary earlier today and these two items are what My Darling brought home in buckets yesterday!!! (Good eating too. My Darling spent most of today prepping those delicacies.)

298581644_5914685335211664_5824319185398683178_n.jpg

Oh, My Darling brought home more than are in each of those trays...

Yeah, I am thankful. My Darling is already planning the soups we will have... 😍

(You can call ours "wild caught" as well. ;) (Oh too, products of the U.S.A.))

Have a restful and peaceful night...)

I just stirred up a hornet's nest on basketball board. Big deal. Mitch Barnhart is the best AD so far in my lifetime.
I agree and I go back to the Bernie Shively days. Mitch is an Athletic Director which means all sports. He is not just the AD for the basketball team. He has the responsibility to spend his money wisely and to promote all teams under his watch. And that includes the rifle team. The basketball team probably needs a new facility like I need another hole in my head. If you drive by Rupp Arena you will see a huge investment is being made now. It may not be UK's money but the basketball team benefits.

I vote to put a new roof on the current facility, go to Home Depot and get a few gallons of paint and things should be good to go.

The basketball program has not been slighted under Mitch. One mistake I think Mitch made with the basketball program is giving Calipari a lifetime contract. Nobody should be given a lifetime contract. But that is a lesson learned and hopefully will never be repeated.

Good late morning folks. Taking advantage of cooler, sunny weather to extend my hike this morning.

Got up early and watched the Cats’ replay at 5am. Whew. I’m going to be careful and wait until November to really rate this team but that was an exhilarating and fun display of basketball virtuosity.

Hope it is a good day for everyone.

It is cloudy (high ice clouds) and 70.7°F at the moment. When I got up it was 63° and is supposed to get 88° with zero chance of rain.

We had my daughter and son in law and cousin here for the game. That makes a blow out even more enjoyable. The Cats have now scored 328 points in three games. That is an average of a touch over 109 a game. Of course as @MdWIldcat55 said I will wait to make predictions until I see some better competition.

Florida State beat the same Carleton team 98 - 64. I think that 62 is better than 34, but I don't know if the ACC folks will accept that.

You all have a wonderful Sunday. I have two basketball games to edit and burn!

I agree and I go back to the Bernie Shively days. Mitch is an Athletic Director which means all sports. He is not just the AD for the basketball team. He has the responsibility to spend his money wisely and to promote all teams under his watch. And that includes the rifle team. The basketball team probably needs a new facility like I need another hole in my head. If you drive by Rupp Arena you will see a huge investment is being made now. It may not be UK's money but the basketball team benefits.

I vote to put a new roof on the current facility, go to Home Depot and get a few gallons of paint and things should be good to go.

The basketball program has not been slighted under Mitch. One mistake I think Mitch made with the basketball program is giving Calipari a lifetime contract. Nobody should be given a lifetime contract. But that is a lesson learned and hopefully will never be repeated.

In this lifetime...😉😁😍

Good morning all...

Well pleased with the Cats effort and performance in the Bahamas. Very few teams will let Kentucky play the style of the past four games, so we won’t often see what we saw this week. But talent - and lack of talent - can’t hide, and these Cats are fast, athletic, aggressive on defense, can finish at the basket, rebound, protect the rim and as a group shoot well enough to be successful.

Glad we got this glimpse. October 15 can’t come fast enough.

Well pleased with the Cats effort and performance in the Bahamas. Very few teams will let Kentucky play the style of the past four games, so we won’t often see what we saw this week. But talent - and lack of talent - can’t hide, and these Cats are fast, athletic, aggressive on defense, can finish at the basket, rebound, protect the rim and as a group shoot well enough to be successful.

Glad we got this glimpse. October 15 can’t come fast enough.

I can wait... No need to chase getting older....

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and partly cloudy. Today's high may hit 99°F. Yesterday, our high temperature peaked around 90°F. Actually received some rain yesterday.

Can Reeves hit treys or what? He shot us back into the game. Very deserving of MVP.

I'm in Power Platform training all this week starting at 8 am. Sessions are remote, although I'll go in to the office Thursday.

Another weekend in the books. Monday, Monday... Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

0815_NATIONAL-LEMON-MERINGUE-PIE-DAY.jpg

Good morning folks. Out for a walk on a cool morning in a very light mist.

The Cats game was on when I got up and that five minute stretch was on where Reeves hit four threes. What popped in my head was the streak by Tayshaun Prince against UNC-Cheats where he hit five straight.

Back to work this morning. Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning folks. Out for a walk on a cool morning in a very light mist.

The Cats game was on when I got up and that five minute stretch was on where Reeves hit four threes. What popped in my head was the streak by Tayshaun Prince against UNC-Cheats where he hit five straight.

Back to work this morning. Hope everyone has a good day.
"Tayshaun's not a Prince, He's a king!"

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

Triple digits on tap for the next two days then a cooling trend with the high 80's to low 90's for the foreseeable future (hopefully). That will make the nights cooler making the mornings cooler for fishing longer into the day. Crossing my fingers and my plastic lures.

Enjoyed the games with yesterday's being more enjoyable because it gave them a little push to play harder with more concentration on what they were supposed to do. Playing with a more physical opponent helps them get tougher.

Good Monday Morning D

At my house the current temperature of 72° and a high of 85° is in the forecast. We will have mostly sunny skies with isolated thunderstorms around the region. We have a nice breeze this morning.

I spoke with my granddaughter, the one at the USAFA for the first time since she arrived for her appointment. She has access to her cell phone now from the hours of 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. So we had a few minutes to face time. They are deep into classes and of course the Academy makes up the schedule for the first two years. She seems to be doing very well and enjoying it but taking Chinese is not one of her favorite past times. She has a cadet friend who has mastered Chinese so she can help her get through the bumpy parts.

She is a big football fan (UK season tickets) and said the AF Academy requires all cadets to attend the football games on campus. She likes that idea. This summer she will get three weeks away from the classroom but each week is already planned. One week is personal time off so she will fly back to Lexington to be with family. The second week will be parachuting or flying a glider. She wants the parachute class and the third week will be "Desert Survival Training" . This is where she will be introduced to a diet of crickets and bugs. Sounds like fun. HA HA

Take care all and have a good Monday Monday

Cloudy and 72.7°F on our way to a high of 82°F with a 20% chance of rain.

I have all the games burned to blurays, now I have to wait for football.

@Sawnee Cat good that you got to take to the granddaughter.
Thanks, she was pretty excited about how things are going. Her favorite so far was Jacks Valley which is where they do the physical part of CBT. Weapons training, obstacle course, etc. She said it was fun. LOL

Good Monday Morning D

At my house the current temperature of 72° and a high of 85° is in the forecast. We will have mostly sunny skies with isolated thunderstorms around the region. We have a nice breeze this morning.

I spoke with my granddaughter, the one at the USAFA for the first time since she arrived for her appointment. She has access to her cell phone now from the hours of 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. So we had a few minutes to face time. They are deep into classes and of course the Academy makes up the schedule for the first two years. She seems to be doing very well and enjoying it but taking Chinese is not one of her favorite past times. She has a cadet friend who has mastered Chinese so she can help her get through the bumpy parts.

She is a big football fan (UK season tickets) and said the AF Academy requires al cadets to attend the football games on campus. She likes that idea. This summer she will get three weeks away from the classroom but each week is already planned. One week is personal time off so she will fly back to Lexington to be with family. The second week will be parachuting or flying a glider. She wants the parachute class and the third week will be "Desert Survival Training" . This is where she will be introduced to a diet of crickets and bugs. Sounds like fun. HA HA

Take care all and have a good Monday Monday
Did she take the DLAB (Defense Language Aptitude Battery) test and score high to study Chinese or is it part of the curriculum?

Did she take the DLAB (Defense Language Aptitude Battery) test and score high to study Chinese or is it part of the curriculum?

HA, my aptitude is nil. I was taking that DLAB test while in basic to see if I had the aptitude for languages. I was wiped out tired and sitting at that desk with the headphones on I kept banging my forehead on the desk in front of me falling asleep so deeply that my head hit the table numerous times. I have never had that experience of being tired to that extreme before or since. I was totally zonked at that time.

Last edited:
Yes, that was part of the testing and she was assigned Chinese. There are four languages that are CORE and you are assigned one of these four by the academy. They are Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Arabic. The other languages such as French, Italian, German, etc are electives.

The Academy pretty much tells you what you will take for the first two years. Then you declare a major and select the courses to help in that major. She did bring from high school a lot of AP courses in math and science which have been approved and credited. This allowed her to be placed in advanced courses at the university level. At this point she is working to major in aeronautical engineering with a minor in nuclear weapons and strategy. Chinese can also be a minor but I doubt she is interested. :)

POTENTIAL JOB ASSIGNMENTS WITH AN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING MAJOR​

Within the Air Force​

• 11X – Pilot
  • 11EX – Experimental Test Pilot
  • 18X – RPA Pilot
  • 21A/M – Aircraft/Munitions Maintenance
  • 61A – Operations Research Scientist
  • 62E – Acquisitions, Developmental Engineer
  • 62EXF – Flight Test Engineer
  • 63A – Acquisitions, Program Manager

Outside the Air Force​

• Aeronautical Engineer
  • Aerospace Engineer
  • Research Scientist
  • Program Manager
  • Program Engineer
  • Aircraft Maintainer
  • Pilot

Back from dinner. I have to say the guy wasn’t a bad fellow. Owns his own home in his 20s, has a decent job where he actually works with an old friend of mine from many years ago (small world) respectful, offered to pay the check (not seriously, but at least he offered.) I can leave my Hutu Warrior spear over my office door and my Ithaca model 37 12 gauge pump in the closet —for now.

That's how they getcha... Next thing you know it's a 30k wedding and the spear is over HIS office door.... Don't fall Fer it!

That's how they getcha... Next thing you know it's a 30k wedding and the spear is over HIS office door.... Don't fall Fer it!
Haha. Girthang, I know the drill. I have an older daughter and have been all the way to the end of the duties a man racks up for a daughter in that process.

When the time comes with my younger daughter -- and I hope it isn't for a while -- I'm going to sit her and her fellow down and offer them a cash stipend to elope - and hope they are smart enough to take it.

I've been married twice, once in a giant ceremony in Palm Beach, Florida and once before a country minister with the minimum in witnesses in Winchester, Virginia. The second one in Virginia was the success.

Good morning, D-League!

Didn't watch any of the games. Hope to do that just before the season starts. I'm in football mode right now, as much as I can be anyway. Sounds like they got a good team, but I can't help buy wonder how Cal will screw em up between now and the season. From what I gather he wasn't coaching these games, but observing more?

Maybe I misunderstood the radio call....

Hope it's a great day and week for everyone!

Yes, that was part of the testing and she was assigned Chinese. There are four languages that are CORE and you are assigned one of these four by the academy. They are Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Arabic. The other languages such as French, Italian, German, etc are electives.

The Academy pretty much tells you what you will take for the first two years. Then you declare a major and select the courses to help in that major. She did bring from high school a lot of AP courses in math and science which have been approved and credited. This allowed her to be placed in advanced courses at the university level. At this point she is working to major in aeronautical engineering with a minor in nuclear weapons and strategy. Chinese can also be a minor but I doubt she is interested. :)

POTENTIAL JOB ASSIGNMENTS WITH AN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING MAJOR​

Within the Air Force​

• 11X – Pilot
  • 11EX – Experimental Test Pilot
  • 18X – RPA Pilot
  • 21A/M – Aircraft/Munitions Maintenance
  • 61A – Operations Research Scientist
  • 62E – Acquisitions, Developmental Engineer
  • 62EXF – Flight Test Engineer
  • 63A – Acquisitions, Program Manager

Outside the Air Force​

• Aeronautical Engineer
  • Aerospace Engineer
  • Research Scientist
  • Program Manager
  • Program Engineer
  • Aircraft Maintainer
  • Pilot
All of that stuff is above my pay grade!

I've been married twice, once in a giant ceremony in Palm Beach, Florida and once before a country minister with the minimum in witnesses in Winchester, Virginia. The second one in Virginia was the success.
My only marriage was to Sherry. (56 years August 18th) It was next door to my parents house and done by the next door neighbor that I grew up with. He was a Baptist Minister and his wife was my 6th grade school teacher. His name was Amos. He always promised me that he would marry me for free. I did not pay him. I found out later that my dad did and I ripped dad because he did not make Amos keep his word.

I loved Amos. What a friend. But I was not about to pay him! A promise is a promise.

Good morning, D-League!

Didn't watch any of the games. Hope to do that just before the season starts. I'm in football mode right now, as much as I can be anyway. Sounds like they got a good team, but I can't help buy wonder how Cal will screw em up between now and the season. From what I gather he wasn't coaching these games, but observing more?

Maybe I misunderstood the radio call....

Hope it's a great day and week for everyone!
He observed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT