ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Rough night last night with softball. Lost first game in which I was the EH (extra hitter) by 1 run. I went 2-3 at the plate. The second game we won by 1 and I went 4-4 but was knocked out of the game in extra innings as I was hit for the third time by another line drive at me (pitcher is 45ft from the plate) and could not continue. This team was an up the middle hitting team and is why I was pitching that game. There were several hit up the middle and I got all but one of them out. The one I did not get out hit my glove/wrist, bounced up in the air right at the second baseman but he saw me get hit and immediately ran to me to make sure I was ok not looking at the ball which went up in the air and could have been caught. I got hit a couple of times last night. Pictured below are the results of last night's ones that hit me. Left hand, right leg calf, and left leg upper shin.

20220622-180604.jpg

20220622-180625.jpg

20220622-180824.jpg
I think your softball stuff is a bunch of crap. You're really in WWE.

Most of it is fun until the morning after nights like last night. My guys were pissed that the other team kept hitting up the middle so much and started mouthing them at the end of the game almost to a physical altercation. I told them I was ok and that I am part of the field and was not angry. (It is part of the game)
90% of my softball hits were line drive singles right up the middle. Once, CF tried cheating in on me for that fact & I happened to line it over his head for about my only HR.

Is it true that early US spacecraft booster engines were limited in diameter by needing to be shipped by train flatbeds & thru tunnels from manufacture location (NOLA area? Huntsville?) to Cape Canaveral?
I was part of that. The Shuttle main fuel tank had to be sent via barge. CSX delivered the solid fuel rockets (the ones on the side). Guess from where? Huntsville!

And guess which is the safest way to transport dangerous stuff. RAILROAD. We are good.

You won the prize vhcat. :)

I was part of that. The Shuttle main fuel tank had to be sent via barge. CSX delivered the solid fuel rockets (the ones on the side). Guess from where? Huntsville!

And guess which is the safest way to transport dangerous stuff. RAILROAD. We are good.

You won the prize vhcat. :)
I presume you played the role of Slim Pickens & rode the things all the way. :p

Most of it is fun until the morning after nights like last night. My guys were pissed that the other team kept hitting up the middle so much and started mouthing them at the end of the game almost to a physical altercation. I told them I was ok and that I am part of the field and was not angry. (It is part of the game)
Good take. I usually didn't play coed softball, but one day near the end of my playing days, I did. I was rounding third as hard as I could go. If the catcher blocked the plate, I was going to run over him. I looked up at the last second and there was a 110 pound woman standing on the plate and not paying any attention to what was going on. I pulled up at the last second and pulled a groin muscle. The darn thing still bothers me from time to time.

NBA draft has started. In two of the first three clips Keion Brooks got abused - by Paolo Banchero, #1 with a jumper over him and jabari Smith blocking a shot back in his face. The ghost of Adolph Rupp getting revenge for Keion calling for a renaming of Rupp Arena?
That kid had no reason whatsoever making such a call. None. Zero. A few things in life are totally off-limits. Renaming Rupp Arena is one.

Rough night last night with softball. Lost first game in which I was the EH (extra hitter) by 1 run. I went 2-3 at the plate. The second game we won by 1 and I went 4-4 but was knocked out of the game in extra innings as I was hit for the third time by another line drive at me (pitcher is 45ft from the plate) and could not continue. This team was an up the middle hitting team and is why I was pitching that game. There were several hit up the middle and I got all but one of them out. The one I did not get out hit my glove/wrist, bounced up in the air right at the second baseman but he saw me get hit and immediately ran to me to make sure I was ok not looking at the ball which went up in the air and could have been caught. I got hit a couple of times last night. Pictured below are the results of last night's ones that hit me. Left hand, right leg calf, and left leg upper shin.

20220622-180604.jpg

20220622-180625.jpg

20220622-180824.jpg
I played first base in a softball league, and saw first hand what pitchers went through. I applaud the job you all do on the field.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 79°F and clear. Today's high expected at around 103°F. We tied a record high yesterday at 104°F. 18 triple-digit days so far this year. Good possibility for rain next week.

Received bad news last night. Don suffered another stroke. Please send thoughts and prayers his way.

Must take our dog in at 7 am for more IVs. There's a good chance pancreatitis returned. Playing it day-to-day again.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National_Praline_Day.png

Last edited:
I played first base in a softball league, and saw first hand what pitchers went through. I applaud the job you all do on the field.
Most don't want to pitch in slow pitch because batters can control where they hit the ball generally. My wife said that I am just a masochist and love getting beat up. I told her no, I don't get hit too much during the year. I usually catch them. I was a little slower this week as I did not pick the ball off the bat as well as I should have. It has been that way for a couple of years since they have gone to the yellow balls. That and I am older than before which is why I wear a mask now when I pitch. Most do these days with the bat technology being more advanced.

Hand is feeling better this morning. Could not close it all of the way until this morning. Still stiff but less pain. Legs are ok as well. Need to cut grass this morning so they will get a little workout.

Good morning folks.

Prayers sent Don’s way. Please let us know more when you can Austin. I’ll hope for good news.

TyTy fell but at least caught the first round last night. That means guaranteed money - just over $1 million for the first year, based on last year. You wonder how close he could have come to that with NIL money in Lexington while improving his draft stock closer to the $7-$9 million a year lottery money. Ah well, best of luck to him.

Hope it is a good day for everyone.

Good Morning all,

I got started late this morning. The BB played me into oblivion last night. I was seriously out of it. I have tons of things I need to get accomplished but that wasn't happening yesterday. I bought him some balloons and that was all it took. Blowing up the balloon and handing it to him to let the balloon shoot all around the room was the order of the afternoon. That and letting the balloon fart all over the place.... playing was on and could not be stopped... Take care...

Most don't want to pitch in slow pitch because batters can control where they hit the ball generally. My wife said that I am just a masochist and love getting beat up. I told her no, I don't get hit too much during the year. I usually catch them. I was a little slower this week as I did not pick the ball off the bat as well as I should have. It has been that way for a couple of years since they have gone to the yellow balls. That and I am older than before which is why I wear a mask now when I pitch. Most do these days with the bat technology being more advanced.

Hand is feeling better this morning. Could not close it all of the way until this morning. Still stiff but less pain. Legs are ok as well. Need to cut grass this morning so they will get a little workout.
I'll admit that I never wanted to pitch in softball. Watching line drives whiz by pitchers heads kind of turned me off on it.

Glad you're feeling better this morning.

A long time ago in my area of Ky at least, there was unlimited arch on pitches for a couple of years. Some pitchers would back up as much as 5 or 6 steps and reach a fielding stance before the ball was hit. I normally played third base, but a friend was our pitcher and he liked to take a break from pitching, so against weaker teams, we'd trade positions. Offense suffered from the unlimited arch, so they abandoned it after a couple of years. I hated to see it go.

Good morning D

It has been a busy week. We are in KY with our youngest granddaughter while my son and daughter in law are in Coloraado Springs at the AF Academy . The oldest granddaughter is now a cadet in BCT. They fly back tomorrow. .

The youngest is a competitive swimmer so we have been taking her to various swim meets. My oldest grandson returns from studying in Spain next week so we will stay to see him before heading back to Florida.

Trust all are well. Special prayer for Don. And Starcheif in Arizona

Good morning from ATX. Currently 79°F and clear. Today's high expected at around 103°F. We tied a record high yesterday at 104°F. 18 triple-digit days so far this year. Good possibility for rain next week.

Received bad news last night. Don suffered another stroke. Please send thoughts and prayers his way.

Must take our dog in at 7 am for more IVs. There's a good chance pancreatitis returned. Playing it day-to-day again.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National_Praline_Day.png
d7abB4Dr_o.jpg

A long time ago in my area of Ky at least, there was unlimited arch on pitches for a couple of years. Some pitchers would back up as much as 5 or 6 steps and reach a fielding stance before the ball was hit. I normally played third base, but a friend was our pitcher and he liked to take a break from pitching, so against weaker teams, we'd trade positions. Offense suffered from the unlimited arch, so they abandoned it after a couple of years. I hated to see it go.
w-c is too old & slow to back up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT