ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I love country churches. The Red accent is different.

It is a cloudy 81.3°F here on our way to 88° with a 60% chance of rain. I am praying for some rain. We really need it.
That's a church from New Zealand Bert. The red trim is what stuck out to me as well.

My wife is holding off on watering her plants, hoping it rains. She said if she waters them, it will rain for sure.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 81° and sunny here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring a chance of thunderstorms and a high of 89°.

Everyone stay out there today.

6kxalq.jpg
Palm tree next to an ole country church around hills/mountains doesn't compute for me.

Checking in. Wife and I both have Covid. About the same effects of a cold. Not all that bad unless it gets worse.My sciatica still has me down. No pain if sitting but excruciating if I have to walk more than about 10 feet. I also have been dealing with skin cancer surgery I had a couple of months ago. It was inside my earlobe. An open wound that is slow in healing.

No life threatening issues it seems. I read all but just have not had much to say.
You always have a seat.
God, I love that dog.
I had a witch halloween decoration I used to play (chase) our Jacks with. All they had to see was Mom ( God bless her understanding) getting out of the shower one time and it was on.
Maybe this will help.

nativeamerican-rain.gif
rain-dance-indian.gif
pfe[utumblr_lzu3lyhluv1qzcnbao1_250.gif
23647830.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 81°F and partly cloudy. Rain chances increasing this afternoon. Today's high estimated around 97°F. We really need moisture.

Pup holding up well. It appears I might make the trip back to KY. Fingers crossed.

Monday, Monday....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Ice-Cream-Cake-Day-2022-380x214.jpg

Good Morning all,
I wanted to see what kind of shape, I was in, pain-wise, and cut down my meds to just the one essential. Since Thursday, I hurt but it's bearable. I am thankful but I am also thankful for meds. (Don't have a drop of alcohol in the house either except for rubbing alcohol.) Yeah I went cold turkey in more ways than one but not all ways... Have a great day!

Good morning folks. Back at work. The weekend was fun but immediately seemed a distant memory when I woke up this morning.

Back from a longish walk. The humidity was registering by 6:30 am. Not brutally hot yet, but it feels like it might be heading that way.

My wife and daughter are heading for London for a vacation at the end of the week. I couldn't manage it with work, but just between us -- been there and done that, and I have no interest in flying anywhere right now. I have two friends who took recent trips and it sounded like the stuff I used to be subjected to in Africa or South Asia back in the day. No thanks. I'm glad my daughter will be along with my wife, they love each other's company and my daughter, at least, has the natural sunniness and sense of excitement of the young which will lift them if the travel becomes a nightmare.

Hope you all are in a good place and doing well.

Good morning D

This is my last day in KY. My grandson flew in late last night front.Spain. He had delays that are normal in flying this day and age.

He will hang around a few days and then head up to Cincinnati. He was offered a position in cancer research at the Cincinnati Childrens Hospital until the fall semester and may continue after school starts. The youngest granddaughter is away for summer camp. So it is a busy time of year.

I trust are well

Good morning folks. Back at work. The weekend was fun but immediately seemed a distant memory when I woke up this morning.

Back from a longish walk. The humidity was registering by 6:30 am. Not brutally hot yet, but it feels like it might be heading that way.

My wife and daughter are heading for London for a vacation at the end of the week. I couldn't manage it with work, but just between us -- been there and done that, and I have no interest in flying anywhere right now. I have two friends who took recent trips and it sounded like the stuff I used to be subjected to in Africa or South Asia back in the day. No thanks. I'm glad my daughter will be along with my wife, they love each other's company and my daughter, at least, has the natural sunniness and sense of excitement of the young which will lift them if the travel becomes a nightmare.

Hope you all are in a good place and doing well.
Speaking of flying, it has become a pain. delays, cancelations and shortage of pilots is causing nightmares for the traveler. My last flight from Atlanta to Tampa was delayed 4 hours waiting for a pilot who was taking off from LA.

I just shipped 2 boxes of lamp shades. They were 14 top 15 bottom and 10 side height. 6 to a box because they don't nest well. I sell through 3rd and sometimes fourth parties before they get to the motel/hotel. I told the guy if he would take a shade with a 1' smaller top that I could get them in one box and cut his Fed Ex bill in half. Most people wouldn't even notice the difference in a 13 or 14 top unless I pointed it out. It certainly wouldn't affect your experience of spending the night in your motel room. I guess these places have interior decorators that aren't concerned with the bottom line. With the way freight costs have risen, it looks like someone would come to their senses.

Also today I am shipping 12 shades to an Orlando Hampton Inn. 2 shades per box. With a slightly larger alteration, I could have gotten them in one box. Instead, they are going on a pallet and going freight truck.

It is 73.6°F and we are supposed to top out at 84°F with no chance of rain. We did not get a drop yesterday (60% chances) even though we had some fine looking clouds, they just were not productive. My grass needs a drink!

I talked to Ymmot yesterday and he said that he doubts we will see Don any time soon. The second stroke has harmed him. I hope Don can turn it around but strokes are bad.

It is 73.6°F and we are supposed to top out at 84°F with no chance of rain. We did not get a drop yesterday (60% chances) even though we had some fine looking clouds, they just were not productive. My grass needs a drink!

I talked to Ymmot yesterday and he said that he doubts we will see Don any time soon. The second stroke has harmed him. I hope Don can turn it around but strokes are bad.
I hate to hear this about Don. Strokes are serious. Very . I will keep Don in my prayers

Good Morning all,
I wanted to see what kind of shape, I was in, pain-wise, and cut down my meds to just the one essential. Since Thursday, I hurt but it's bearable. I am thankful but I am also thankful for meds. (Don't have a drop of alcohol in the house either except for rubbing alcohol.) Yeah I went cold turkey in more ways than one but not all ways... Have a great day!
Yeah, I know the feeling at least right now. From the injured ribs to the line drives that hit both legs and my wrist/palm area, I am still in pain when using my legs and left hand. Had to do a modified total gym workout for upper body today because the hand only allows for limited motion. Going to train my student after lunch today because I will try to kayak fish tomorrow.

Morning Legionnaires!

Mid 80's for the high today and tomorrow. Getting back up to triple digits toward the end of the week.

Watched a new series that is out now with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow called "The Old Man". So far, I like it (2 episodes). Jeff Bridges plays an old, retired government man who was used for many overseas covert missions but now was off of the grid. They find him, come after him, and he basically must now run and fight off the government.

Prayers for Don and others who need it.

Carry on straight people! (From John Boy and Billy radio show)

Been trying to find the "healthy" alternative to coffee creamer... I normally drink coffee black but do use milk and half and half from time to time. Never could stand sugar in my coffee with the exception of that french vanilla stuff. (I like that too much so quit cold turkey.) (I tried the coffeemate and so many others and just saw the bad in those... just looking at the ingredients.)

Anyway, I just got a half gallon of coconut and almond milk (Unsweetened). I found online that coconut milk was the best/ healthiest coffee creamer but I couldn't find unsweetened coconut milk or I didn't look in the right place.

Oh, I posted this partly due to the one person who posted using some sea salt in your coffee. That works. (Thanks) (I am just trying for the perfect cup of coffee.. per my tastes...) ;)

So far this concoction of sea salt (Just a smidge), coconut and almond milk is turning out okay but it is yet to be proclaimed perfect. ;)

Yeah, I know the feeling at least right now. From the injured ribs to the line drives that hit both legs and my wrist/palm area, I am still in pain when using my legs and left hand. Had to do a modified total gym workout for upper body today because the hand only allows for limited motion. Going to train my student after lunch today because I will try to kayak fish tomorrow.

Man Sir, I miss my total gym. I had one before we left for Korea (I actually used it regularly.) (I got a heck of a good deal on one. A basic model but sold it.) But dang those are not cheap now. I have been looking for a used one but no luck so far.

Good Morning all,
Let's see: 30 drops to a ml, 750 ml to a bottle of wine, 30 bottles, 12% alcohol = 30 x 750 x30 x 0.12 = ~80,000 drops for me.

My wife and daughter are heading for London for a vacation at the end of the week.
They'd best hope the trains are running there again.

Good morning D

This is my last day in KY. My grandson flew in late last night front.Spain. He had delays that are normal in flying this day and age.

He will hang around a few days and then head up to Cincinnati. He was offered a position in cancer research at the Cincinnati Childrens Hospital until the fall semester and may continue after school starts. The youngest granddaughter is away for summer camp. So it is a busy time of year.

I trust are well
Next door neighbor is a nurse anesthetist at Cincy Children's. Great hospital as I understand. Get patients from all over the world at times.

Been trying to find the "healthy" alternative to coffee creamer... I normally drink coffee black but do use milk and half and half from time to time. Never could stand sugar in my coffee with the exception of that french vanilla stuff. (I like that too much so quit cold turkey.)
You sound like me (Hope you're not offended.). First have one tall black & then second with Italian creamer. Gives it a dark roast flavor.

Next door neighbor is a nurse anesthetist at Cincy Children's. Great hospital as I understand. Get patients from all over the world at times.
I spoke with my grandson this morning and he will work there until graduation from the university. He is working in stem cell research and is being paid. During school he will work a minimum of 10 hours a week at Cincinnati Children's

He is on full academic scholarship to Xavier U and is entering his junior year. His major is bio-physics with a career path in medicine. Most likely in oncology

I spoke with my grandson this morning and he will work there until graduation from the university. He is working in stem cell research and is being paid. During school he will work a minimum of 10 hours a week at Cincinnati Children's

He is on full academic scholarship to Xavier U and is entering his junior year. His major is bio-physics with a career path in medicine. Most likely in oncology
As a failed chemistry major, I don't even know what bio-physics is (1964-1968 chemistry).

I do know about oncology as I have had cancer.

Economics was a lot easier! 😁

As a failed chemistry major, I don't even know what bio-physics is (1964-1968 chemistry).

I do know about oncology as I have had cancer.

Economics was a lot easier! 😁
I was very good at "reading" if a baseball/softball would be hit to my right or left, but school stuff was just something that interfered with my baseball when/if I let it. 😁

NBA factoid I read today I found hard to imagine & believe:

At start of 2015-16 season, the salaries of the 184 American black players born in 1988 (of 320,000 total born) were over 6% of that 320,000's total income that year. And that doesn't count their endorsements. Hard for me to believe. And Kevin Durant was near 1% himself.

Son & DIL bought a six bedrooms house near X this spring to rent out to students, they thought individually. Turns out they rented to a family who have two students there. Probably will be less wear & tear this way.

So, my little burg of 900 people now has its own bourbon, commemorating the opening of a large bourbon storage warehouse on the fringes of town. I doubt Basil Hayden's has much to worry about, but I might pick up a pint next time I'm visiting.

Like the 100 proof... Wonder about the taste.. Have you tried it yet? Oh, I just noticed the date.

Last edited:
No, it's brand new. I'll pick up a bottle when I next visit my parents. I think I'll be switching back to Woodford Reserve or at least Maker's Mark pretty quick.

Worth the try for sure. You never know... I kind of like the 100 proof better as it takes less volume to get where I want to go... ;)

Back in the day I did regular work for several distillery's... been a long while ago though...

Worth the try for sure. You never know... I kind of like the 100 proof better as it takes less volume to get where I want to go... ;)

Back in the day I did regular work for several distillery's... been a long while ago though...
This company I never heard of called New Riff Distilling is building a good-sized warehouse of the edge of Silver Grove to age whiskey. They brought out this new "Silver Grove" bourbon as a way to get some early publicity I suppose. Apparently, there was a bourbon bottled around there back before prohibition.

We were just a C&O switching yard when I was a kid. The railroad pulled out about the time I did - late 1970s. The more prosperous towns like Ft. Thomas called us "River Rats." We called then "Cakes."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT