ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning Legionnaires!

Mid to upper 90's today with moderate winds. Playing the last two games of the regular season (softball) tonight with the state tourney slated for the weekend of 22-24 July.

Going to train my student at noon today getting her prepared for a karate tournament this coming Saturday. She texted me yesterday voicing concerns about the tourney and whether she was still wanting to go or not (jitters). I reminded her she has already paid for it. She has taken a step up in the competition and is worried she will let me down.

Maybe fishing tomorrow morning if I get up in time. Depends on how late I stay out after the games tonight. Ordered $178.00 worth on new lures this morning due in on Friday. Will fish Sunday regardless.

A FaceBook funny:

289447968_10224577795505626_7976469539116384090_n.jpg

I have that movie, Captain Blood, and Gentlemen Jim... A couple cowboy movies too.
Errol was quite the movie swashbuckler. Not everyone knows, but his son Sean Flynn lived a brief life out of one of his dad's adventure movies.

An actor at an early age, he gave it up to become a war photographer with Time magazine, covering fighting in the Six-Day War in Israel, then later in Vietnam where he traveled with Green Berets and other combat units. He and a comrade disappeared after heading down a dangerous road in Cambodia in 1970. Never seen again.

He's said to be the model for the Dennis Hopper character in Apocalypse Now. Clash fans might appreciate this eerie tune about his life...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 79°F and clear. Today's high may reach 102°F. Yesterday, we topped out at 102°F and even received a few rain drops via sea breeze showers. Sixteen days of triple-digit temperatures so far this year.

Pup is sick again. She threw up early this morning. Another mess. No food until we figure out what's going on.

Work very busy. Miss my co-worker. Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-ONION-RINGS-DAY-%E2%80%93-June-22.png

Good morning D-League. I’m here before Austin so I’m declaring this Butter Pecan Ice Cream Day, because I went to sleep a little hungry and woke up craving that one thing, which of course we don’t have in the house.

Speaking of futile wishes, I just opened an email from my do-nothing Congressman. He was bragging about a bill he is about to pass called the “Stop Stigma” act that is clustered with other bills as part of a multi-billion dollar effort to combat drug abuse and mental illness. How? By changing the name of the National Institute on Drug Abuse to something “that won’t create a stigma.” That should do it alright. I’m writing him back suggesting “Happy Times Summer Camp.”

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 79°F and clear. Today's high may reach 102°F. Yesterday, we topped out at 102°F and even received a few rain drops via sea breeze showers. Sixteen days of triple-digit temperatures so far this year.

Pup is sick again. She threw up early this morning. Another mess. No food until we figure out what's going on.

Work very busy. Miss my co-worker. Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-ONION-RINGS-DAY-%E2%80%93-June-22.png
Damn, you beat me after all Austin. And Onion Rings sounds better than Butter Pecan ice cream.

The cast of Star Wars without costumes. Harrison Ford (Han Solo), David Prowse (Darth Vader), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Kenny Baker (R2-D2) and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), 1977. 7'3" British actor Mayhew lived his final 16 years north of DFW, Texas.

FVwadPhWAAAUDb7
Damn, that crew was almost as motley, unique and unusual as the patrons in the Cantina in the first Star Wars in 1977...Carrie Fisher was sneaky hot though, or maybe just straight out hot.

Rough night last night with softball. Lost first game in which I was the EH (extra hitter) by 1 run. I went 2-3 at the plate. The second game we won by 1 and I went 4-4 but was knocked out of the game in extra innings as I was hit for the third time by another line drive at me (pitcher is 45ft from the plate) and could not continue. This team was an up the middle hitting team and is why I was pitching that game. There were several hit up the middle and I got all but one of them out. The one I did not get out hit my glove/wrist, bounced up in the air right at the second baseman but he saw me get hit and immediately ran to me to make sure I was ok not looking at the ball which went up in the air and could have been caught. I got hit a couple of times last night. Pictured below are the results of last night's ones that hit me. Left hand, right leg calf, and left leg upper shin.

20220622-180604.jpg

20220622-180625.jpg

20220622-180824.jpg

Rough night last night with softball. Lost first game in which I was the EH (extra hitter) by 1 run. I went 2-3 at the plate. The second game we won by 1 and I went 4-4 but was knocked out of the game in extra innings as I was hit for the third time by another line drive at me (pitcher is 45ft from the plate) and could not continue. This team was an up the middle hitting team and is why I was pitching that game. There were several hit up the middle and I got all but one of them out. The one I did not get out hit my glove/wrist, bounced up in the air right at the second baseman but he saw me get hit and immediately ran to me to make sure I was ok not looking at the ball which went up in the air and could have been caught. I got hit a couple of times last night. Pictured below are the results of last night's ones that hit me. Left hand, right leg calf, and left leg upper shin.

20220622-180604.jpg

20220622-180625.jpg

20220622-180824.jpg

Whoa, that's some tough stuff. Kudo's for doing what you do!

Whoa, that's some tough stuff. Kudo's for doing what you do!
Most of it is fun until the morning after nights like last night. My guys were pissed that the other team kept hitting up the middle so much and started mouthing them at the end of the game almost to a physical altercation. I told them I was ok and that I am part of the field and was not angry. (It is part of the game)

Good morning from ATX. Currently 80°F and clear. Today's high expected around 102°F.

Took pup in for IVs yesterday. Carrying her back for more IVs this morning before heading into the office. Pick her up after work. Think she'll be okay so I can travel back to KY on 07/02.

Keeping it short. Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NDSP_Header_Main_1a.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 80°F and clear. Today's high expected around 102°F.

Took pup in for IVs yesterday. Carrying her back for more IVs this morning before heading into the office. Pick her up after work. Think she'll be okay so I can travel back to KY on 07/02.

Keeping it short. Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NDSP_Header_Main_1a.jpg

Good Morning,

I ate some serious pizza in Detroit growing up. Pizza is my favorite fruit!

Good morning folks. Feels like afternoon-I slept an hour later than normal this morning after flailing around with hip pain last night that kept me awake.

Rainy and muggy in the east. Not too hot though. One more day in DC then I can work from home Friday.

Hope it’s a good day for all.

Sunny and 78.8°F going to 89° which is better than yesterday. Zero chance of rain today and we really could use some. My grass is starting to hurt.

Fox and Friends has a UK lady swimmer, Riley Gaines, on this morning discussing the Lia Thomas scandal. She tied for fifth place with Thomas in the NCAA. She was a very good interview and several are in Washington to discuss title 9 affairs and trans athletes. https://www.iwf.org/save-womens-sports-riley-gaines/

That was a good interview. Well done Riley. Kentucky women athletes (all biology not mental confusion) are representing us well recently - I know this Abby Steiner remarkable performance in the 400 meter relays was posted on the main board but in case you missed it or want to see it again - amazing.

Sunny and 78.8°F going to 89° which is better than yesterday. Zero chance of rain today and we really could use some. My grass is starting to hurt.

Fox and Friends has a UK lady swimmer, Riley Gaines, on this morning discussing the Lia Thomas scandal. She tied for fifth place with Thomas in the NCAA. She was a very good interview and several are in Washington to discuss title 9 affairs and trans athletes. https://www.iwf.org/save-womens-sports-riley-gaines/
I liked this:

"Unlike many of the female swimmers in the SEC and Ivy League, Gaines has the full support of her school to speak out. " Good job, Mitch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT