ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

images

You know good and well she commits spousal abuse... Da boy gets beat regularly...
That's the true definition of coyote ugly. You chew your arm off just to keep from waking her.

Answering the important questions...

The original patent from 1891 for a toilet paper roll actually shows the correct rolling direction.

FV-9qnjXgAIgbYl

Just in time for Santa...

Man I got a serious TP stash in the lower level of my home. I order some things on line when I can and to get to the total for free delivery at Walmart I usually add some TP as it is a decent deal. (I stacked it all together a few days ago and realized I better add some other necessity the next several times...)

Man I got a serious TP stash in the lower level of my home. I order some things on line when I can and to get to the total for free delivery at Walmart I usually add some TP as it is a decent deal. (I stacked it all together a few days ago and realized I better add some other necessity the next several times...)
Heh. Brilliant minds think alike. We've currently got 150+ TP rolls stashed.

They're good wall insulation.

A long time ago in my area of Ky at least, there was unlimited arch on pitches for a couple of years. Some pitchers would back up as much as 5 or 6 steps and reach a fielding stance before the ball was hit. I normally played third base, but a friend was our pitcher and he liked to take a break from pitching, so against weaker teams, we'd trade positions. Offense suffered from the unlimited arch, so they abandoned it after a couple of years. I hated to see it go.
Very good point. 6 to 12ft arch used to be the legal height for slow pitch until USSSA took over. I used to use a very high arch and move back giving me more time to react. Some Umps that liked me allowed me to go higher. Now with the lower arch requirement not much backward movement can be attained and be set in time to plant my feet for defense.

A seriously good tune... I remember this vividly as I moved on my own about that time....

Just a good song...

Edit: I had to laugh out loud as this one came up next...

My Dad always used to say when he was about half lit and saw Freddy singing this, that he'd like to bust Freddy in the mouth...Just had to laugh... but Dad meant it....

Ha, and then this one came up next...

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and clear. Today's high could reach 103°F again. Heat relief may be in sight beginning Monday. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully pup is better. Her white cell count came down. Vet seems optimistic. She has a difficult time taking pills. Spits them out. We're not out of the woods yet, but prospects for trip back to KY appear better.

Today is annual found change cash-out day. Stay tuned on the amount.

Must clip some branches in back yard and around AC unit. Setting out for pick-up by the city on 06/27.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design21.jpg

Now I know what to get after today's Karate tournament is over. Playing Mr. Miyagi (with my one student) at 0830 at the Coliseum in Lawton Ok, this morning through the afternoon. Black belt meeting at 0830 with tourney starting at 0900. This is the same tournament she competed in last year as a yellow belt where she took first in fighting, first in Forms in ladies 18- 34 years old and Grand Champion in all beginner categories. This year she is competing in the same age group but is now in the intermediate belt range which has three levels. She is a green belt at the first level of this range and should have it harder (tougher competition) than last year.

She only trains (karate) 2 days a week because she works at her parent's gym as a gymnast instructor from 0800-1200 and 1600-2000 Mon-Fri. I train her Tuesday and Thursday from 1230-1330. Also, in the evenings along with gymnast training she does cross fit 2 nights a week BJJ one night a week and strength training 2 nights a week. Most weekends are spent with her husband working on and racing sprint cars.

Oh yeah, and along with all of that she is doing college courses online during the week between work hours to become a physical therapist.

Whew!

Now I know what to get after today's Karate tournament is over. Playing Mr. Miyagi (with my one student) at 0830 at the Coliseum in Lawton Ok, this morning through the afternoon. Black belt meeting at 0830 with tourney starting at 0900. This is the same tournament she competed in last year as a yellow belt where she took first in fighting, first in Forms in ladies 18- 34 years old and Grand Champion in all beginner categories. This year she is competing in the same age group but is now in the intermediate belt range which has three levels. She is a green belt at the first level of this range and should have it harder (tougher competition) than last year.

She only trains (karate) 2 days a week because she works at her parent's gym as a gymnast instructor from 0800-1200 and 1600-2000 Mon-Fri. I train her Tuesday and Thursday from 1230-1330. Also, in the evenings along with gymnast training she does cross fit 2 nights a week BJJ one night a week and strength training 2 nights a week. Most weekends are spent with her husband working on and racing sprint cars.

Oh yeah, and along with all of that she is doing college courses online during the week between work hours to become a physical therapist.

Whew!

Whoa, and I was getting the Roku set up in my lowest level of my home so I could up my daily steps on the treadmill and watch some John Wayne while doing it...

I was also thinking about getting a heavy punching bag so I could start back up some sort of more strenuous exercise and get my strength built back at least some...

Good morning all. I want some biscuits..

Good morning D

It has been a busy week. We are in KY with our youngest granddaughter while my son and daughter in law are in Coloraado Springs at the AF Academy . The oldest granddaughter is now a cadet in BCT. They fly back tomorrow. .

The youngest is a competitive swimmer so we have been taking her to various swim meets. My oldest grandson returns from studying in Spain next week so we will stay to see him before heading back to Florida.

Trust all are well. Special prayer for Don. And Starcheif in Arizona

Checking in. Wife and I both have Covid. About the same effects of a cold. Not all that bad unless it gets worse.My sciatica still has me down. No pain if sitting but excruciating if I have to walk more than about 10 feet. I also have been dealing with skin cancer surgery I had a couple of months ago. It was inside my earlobe. An open wound that is slow in healing.

No life threatening issues it seems. I read all but just have not had much to say.

Checking in. Wife and I both have Covid. About the same effects of a cold. Not all that bad unless it gets worse.My sciatica still has me down. No pain if sitting but excruciating if I have to walk more than about 10 feet. I also have been dealing with skin cancer surgery I had a couple of months ago. It was inside my earlobe. An open wound that is slow in healing.

No life threatening issues it seems. I read all but just have not had much to say.
Always great to see your name. Prayers your way and Don. Keep in touch

Good luck to you and Don.

Got back a little earlier than I thought I would. Courtney (my student) did well but not as good as last year. There were only 3 women competing in her group so, they added the men as well for Kata competition. She placed second out of 7 and was a bit disappointed. I had to remind her she competed against men too. Pictured below was her reaction and in the second picture she felt a bit better after I told her she did well considering.

Fighting, she won first place but almost got disqualified because of being too aggressive. She is used to sparring me and I allow her to hit and kick harder so, she did that in her fight today. She bloodied the nose of her opponent (accidentally) which is not allowed in beginner and intermediate belt ranges. Brown belt and up, face contact is allowed. She also put her on the floor with a round house kick when both of their legs connected as they were both kicking at the same time. As I said before, as a gymnast she has very strong legs and has a "leg up" (heh, heh, I'll be here all day) on the competition. I told her I would rather her get disqualified than compete weakly.

IMG-2737.jpg

IMG-2738001.jpg

Last edited:
Got back a little earlier than I thought I would. Courtney (my student) did well but not as good as last year. There were only 3 women competing in her group so, they added the men as well for Kata competition. She placed second out of 7 and was a bit disappointed. I had to remind her she competed against men too. Pictured below was her reaction and in the second picture she felt a bit better after I told her she did well considering.

Fighting, she won first place but almost got disqualified because of being too aggressive. She is used to sparring me and I allow her to hit and kick harder so, she did that in her fight today. She bloodied the nose of her opponent (accidentally) which is not allowed in beginner and intermediate belt ranges. Brown belt and up, face contact is allowed. She also put her on the floor with a round house kick when both of their legs connected as they were both kicking at the same time. As I said before, as a gymnast she has very strong legs and has a "leg up" (heh, heh, I'll be here all day) on the competition. I told her I would rather her get disqualified than compete weakly.

IMG-2737.jpg

IMG-2738001.jpg
That last picture was a smile, Warrior.

Your creeds just went DOWN!

IMG-2737.jpg

IMG-2738001.jpg

Great stuff!!!

@starchief5 : Sorry to hear. Y'all get well soon.

This year's total finds on streets of Austin for period Jun 26, 2021 - Jun 25, 2022: $166.74. Found $148.74 in change and another $18 in bills. Found $701.89 since June 26, 2016. Plan on investing it all later for my granddaughter's college fund when she's of age.

290253526_10226422395046770_1699242617527030903_n.jpg

@starchief5 : Sorry to hear. Y'all get well soon.

This year's total finds on streets of Austin for period Jun 26, 2021 - Jun 25, 2022: $166.74. Found $148.74 in change and another $18 in bills. Found $701.89 since June 26, 2016. Plan on investing it all later for my granddaughter's college fund when she's of age.

290253526_10226422395046770_1699242617527030903_n.jpg

Amazing...

Also uncanny as I ordered 5 of those banks a couple weeks ago for my Grand Children... Started them off but I don't have the chances you've had for finding the dough though I do have the gift..

289662107_5774837422529790_1786100334219647472_n.jpg

A couple recent meals...

Pork Loin and air-fried Brussel Sprouts along with rice...

288230484_5764580026888863_4530172988118373784_n.jpg

Boiled Brussel Sprouts with a barbequed Ribeye and rice...
289353241_5774837599196439_3203159017174233219_n.jpg

I grew to love Brussel Sprouts while in the Army. Just a good, good veggie that I do not have frequently but hopefully that will change...

Some soybean paste soup... Just a pleasing soup...

288638701_5774837799196419_5255686654407630809_n.jpg

All have a great rest of your evening...

Good morning D-League. Beautiful weather holding in the east.

Nice day yesterday. My wife and I drove into the city and had lunch at a place on Capitol Hill where we all hung out as young journalists in our 20s called The Hawk and Dove. Back in the 1980s it was a lively, unpretentious neighborhood bar and restaurant with good burgers and Reuben sandwiches and cheap drinks. Now somebody has put some money into it and made it a more upscale place. Not as much fun. But that could be the difference in being in my 20s compared to in my 60s.

Off for a hike in the Shenandoah mountains, a short stretch of the Appalachian trail. I hope it’s a good day for all.

Morning legionnaires!

After a few days in the triple digits, we are looking at a 20° shift in temperatures with low 80's expected for the next few days. Tuesday (normal Miyagi day) has the lowest winds projected so, texted my student that Monday will be the first day of practice this week as I will be kayak fishing on Tuesday. I am expecting big things this Tuesday as I received my $178.00 order of new lures on Friday and have rigged some of them ready for fishing. Lunkers beware.

MIL and BIL came over yesterday and one of my 4 dogs does not like my MIL. She (Koda the dog) will on occasion tolerate my BIL and let him pet her but has never let my MIL get close. Anytime she (MIL) moves around the house the dog goes nuts and barks loudly and aggressively. God, I love that dog.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F, sunny and clear. Today's high expected at 102°F. Rare cold front perhaps moving in tomorrow bringing much-needed rain. We shall see.

Worked my butt off yesterday morning clipping weeds, trimming bushes and other related tasks. Yard looks better.

May go for a walk after bit before we get too hot.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

de051vx-c597f874-b355-4c43-b2a8-4fe7c4d10776.jpg

Good Sunday morning D

A nice day in Kentucky is in store. Son and daughter in law have returned from Coloraado and my boy is out on his 12 mile Sunday morning run. I asked him which area was the hardest to run: Colorado, Kentucky or Florida and he said Florida with 95% humidity. I said that is why they invented Gatorade.

Trust all have a blessed Sunday

Last edited:

Morning legionnaires!

After a few days in the triple digits, we are looking at a 20° shift in temperatures with low 80's expected for the next few days. Tuesday (normal Miyagi day) has the lowest winds projected so, texted my student that Monday will be the first day of practice this week as I will be kayak fishing on Tuesday. I am expecting big things this Tuesday as I received my $178.00 order of new lures on Friday and have rigged some of them ready for fishing. Lunkers beware.

MIL and BIL came over yesterday and one of my 4 dogs does not like my MIL. She (Koda the dog) will on occasion tolerate my BIL and let him pet her but has never let my MIL get close. Anytime she (MIL) moves around the house the dog goes nuts and barks loudly and aggressively. God, I love that dog.
Sometimes dogs just know. I've posted about Maddie (my boxer) before. She loved everybody she ever met except one person. I found out later he had spent several years in the pen for some bad stuff.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 81° and sunny here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring a chance of thunderstorms and a high of 89°.

Everyone stay out there today.

6kxalq.jpg
I love country churches. The Red accent is different.

It is a cloudy 81.3°F here on our way to 88° with a 60% chance of rain. I am praying for some rain. We really need it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT