ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Hey everyone, still out and about!
Appears as if we're all still kickin'
Officially became Empty Nesters last weekend...
Odd feeling, now I gotta figure out who this red head is that's been living in the house?
Go Blue, Red sucks!

Edit: Not THAT red..."the red head"

Hey everyone, still out and about!
Appears as if we're all still kickin'
Officially became Empty Nesters last weekend...
Odd feeling, now I gotta figure out who this red head is that's been living in the house?
Go Blue, Red sucks!

Edit: Not THAT red..."the red head"
Great to see your name. Empty nester is indeed an odd feeling. Glad your are well and still kickin' too.

DSC_4307_01.jpg
Rooster is back!

Well I am knocking it off for the day. I started early this morning and picked up 100 2 CU ft bags of cypress mulch. I have covered 600 SF and will put the rest down tomorrow. Good Lord willing.

Throwing those bags around in my truck will let me sleep well tonight. I bought them at Home Depot (it was convenient) and the girl at the register said some boys would come by and load them for me. They never showed. I waited and waited and then decided to do my own loading. I guess Home Depot needs more help too. Anyway I loaded the truck and came on back to the house and went to work.

The next time I will buy in bulk like I usually do and probably save some money and a whole lot of aggravation.

My Darling and I have sung this several times in church services over the years. A little different from this version...
The story behind this song will break your heart. I can't imagine that happening to me. This song is at the top of my list for sacred songs and I have requested it be sung at my funeral.

Too many old people for the working ages to service one way or another. I.e., population bust after 1970.
Too many old people who paved the way for these little ungrateful shits who think everything is free and there is no need to work for something someone owes you.

Listen to them and they'll tell you how bad old people are for sucking up all the SS money. Doesn't occur to them that WE are the ones who put the money there, not them.

There are about 7.5 billion people on Earth. Take the money from the wealthiest person on Earth, we'll say he has 150 billion dollars worth of stuff. That would give each and every person $20.

Old people with money are not their problem. Lack of ambition and ingenuity are their problems.

Doggone em!

Good morning! Leaving soon to go figure out who won money in the game. I think a BLT is in my future this morning.

Looking at a high of 75° today. Pleasant. Could be storms though. Inconvenient.

Have a good day in your neck of the woods.
Just noticed this. I did have a BLT this morning from a magic window. I also won $30 in the game again this week. Put in 20 but a win is a win.

Got to about 75° and I mowed the grass when I got home. Went to the workshop to drink beer and listen to tunes and a storm rolled through. Didn't affect me none.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Speaking of country that is what I am having for supper tonight. Country cooking. I have a side bowl of chicken gizzards, some red skin potatoes cooked with string beans. A nice smoked sausage with banana peppers for some flavor. Of course Miss Sawnee Cat made a pan of cornbread. That will put meat on your bones.

Banana pudding is cooling down and waiting.

The story behind this song will break your heart. I can't imagine that happening to me. This song is at the top of my list for sacred songs and I have requested it be sung at my funeral.
I really believe "it is well with my soul". That is what keeps me going. I am not that good a person but I believe and I try to do right.

Do right. Live right. Give right. Believe right. Get saved.

Then all is well with your soul.

One more thing that I think that is important. You can't go to church and get "saved" and go straight to heaven. You must live right. Being saved is the starting point. You must live fight after that. Show others the right path.

The most important word is RIGHT.

Well I am knocking it off for the day. I started early this morning and picked up 100 2 CU ft bags of cypress mulch. I have covered 600 SF and will put the rest down tomorrow. Good Lord willing.

Throwing those bags around in my truck will let me sleep well tonight. I bought them at Home Depot (it was convenient) and the girl at the register said some boys would come by and load them for me. They never showed. I waited and waited and then decided to do my own loading. I guess Home Depot needs more help too. Anyway I loaded the truck and came on back to the house and went to work.

The next time I will buy in bulk like I usually do and probably save some money and a whole lot of aggravation.

I will not complain! I will not complain! I will not complain!!!

200.gif

dorothy-wizard.gif

Speaking of country that is what I am having for supper tonight. Country cooking. I have a side bowl of chicken gizzards, some red skin potatoes cooked with string beans. A nice smoked sausage with banana peppers for some flavor. Of course Miss Sawnee Cat made a pan of cornbread. That will put meat on your bones.

Banana pudding is cooling down and waiting.

No joke here Sir, that is beautiful! (I'll be messing with you again tomorrow Sir.)

Good morning from ATX. We're at 75°F and mostly cloudy. 40% chance for afternoon rain showers later. Today's high expected at around 93°F. Heating up beginning Sunday and through all next week into triple-digits. Bah!

Enjoyed seeing a few colleagues yesterday around campus. Our facility is closed today.

News just announced 34,000 "migrants" crossed Mexican border into US during April. Supposedly nearly half were expelled.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

kiconudvt1ducsoe_1591078277.jpeg

Morning Legionnaires!

Today's high supposed to only get to 75° with light winds. Would normally be a great Kayak fishing day right? Thunderstorms rolling in around 0930. The itch is strong so I am going anyway but without the Kayak so I can fish as long as I can before the storms. Don't want to be out on the water when it rolls in. On the bank I can move to the truck like I was rounding second on Tuesday night.

Have a big bruise on my left forearm as I was allowing my student to kick with force yesterday as we were sparring. Same forearm with a raspberry from my Pete Rose slide into third Tuesday night. Being a gymnast, she has developed a very strong legs and her round house is starting to get powerful and blocking a roundhouse with my left arm yesterday I felt it. I wore rib protection and head gear along with a mouthpiece so I was protected mostly. We both had hand pads and foot pads and I let her attack and mostly just blocked. She has a tournament toward the end of this month and wants to do both Kata and Fighting. There is another lady about her age that talked to me yesterday about joining the class who does Brazilian jujitsu as well. I told her she was welcome to start as I need someone else to spar with her and not just me.

You guys take care today and God Bless.

Good morning from the Gulf Coast.

A nice day should be ahead weather wise. It is currently 73° with winds SE at 8 mph. Sunny skies with 0% chance of rain until after 2:00 PM. I hope to have my outside work done by then. Our high will reach 87° and humidity will stay in the mid 80's. I hope warrior-cat can reel in a nice bass today if weather permits.

The Federal Government and Joe Biden continue their war against our state. Our State's Attorney General is fed up with Biden and his border issues. It appears plane loads of migrants were flown into towns in the middle of the night and scattered all over the state. That is about as low as it gets for the Federal Government's treatment of a State. So a lawsuit has been filed and the Supreme Court will ultimately decide the issue.

Then we hear Biden is cutting off the federal money to Florida for education because Florida will not teach K-3rd graders how to change their gender. This is tax money sent to Washington DC by residents and DC decides not to fund schools down here. All because our parents want their kids taught an education not a gay lifestyle. If we had our way DC would not get a penny and the schools would be funded 100% by the state. But that is not allowed in America anymore. The FEDS have to run everything. Or so they think. Fortunately this years budget has a surplus of 20 Billion and the state was still able to appropriate $24.5 billion in K-12 education and another $800 million for teachers pay increases. The Governor's goal is to make Florida the highest paying state for school teachers before he leaves office. The starting pay is around $50,000 a year now. Right out of college into the classroom.

Who needs the Federal Government and Joe Biden!!!

285820142_599890368166542_8656007291077540150_n.jpg

Good morning! Not much on my plate today. Supposed to play in the Friday Night Shootout tonight but I won't head up until around 1600.

One thing I'll get done today is run the truck through the washing machine. Need to get the top layer of pollen off of there.

Heard yesterday that we have a replacement coach for Jai Lucas. Haven't even bothered to go check on it. Offhand I would say it's because I don't really care at the moment. Maybe later.

Have a day!

69.0°F and sunny on our way to 81°. Mowed yesterday and I need to go to the store today to get some salads and stuff, also some bourbon.

Sawnee Cat Joe Biden hates the U.S. He does every thing in his power to mess up our economy. He has to be the worst of the worst. Having studied and applied economics at a micro level I am positive he and his advisors are totally inept.

Are you ready for your storm?

Last edited:
Good morning D-League.

Back from a visit to the orthopaedic surgeon.

The good news: He drew 75 cc's of Guinness Ale-colored fluid out of my left knee, gave me a cortisone shot, and said I probably could get by for a while without surgery.

The bad news: He said my right hip was completely shot. On the x-ray, the "ball" going into the joint looked totally warped from arthritis. Looks like replacement surgery in my near future.

By the way, he asked me if I'd stressed my joints recently. I told him about running a 5-K race a couple weeks ago and he started laughing and shook his head, like "what an idiot."

OK Joe, but I'm going to need you guys to pass a law that says if someone attacks my house with a high capacity weapon, that they have to cease fire each time I have to reload. If you will do that, and move me into to a gated, guarded community, like all of you live in, then I'll concede some ground.

69.0°F and sunny on our way to 81°. Mowed yesterday and I need to go to the store today to get some salads and stuff, also some bourbon.

Sawnee Cat Joe Biden hates the U.S. He does every thing in his power to mess up our economy. He has to be the worst of the worst. Having studied and applied economics at a micro level I am positive he and his advisors are totally inept.

Are you ready for your storm?
Not much going on about the storm around here and have not heard any real discussion. It may be on a path for SW Florida. We will know more in 24 hours.

We could use some rain

Hello all,
I see I have some reading to do to catch up from yesterday. I will do that shortly but work, work, work... (I am thankful...)

In any event it has been a real good day. Sir, thank you and thank you again. A blessing was bestowed on me...

Take care, I hope to be back to bugging all later this evening. (I KNOW I will have some comments once I read the posts I have yet to read. ;)

Hello all,
I see I have some reading to do to catch up from yesterday. I will do that shortly but work, work, work... (I am thankful...)

In any event it has been a real good day. Sir, thank you and thank you again. A blessing was bestowed on me...

Take care, I hope to be back to bugging all later this evening. (I KNOW I will have some comments once I read the posts I have yet to read. ;)
Looking forward to your bringing your Bugging A game.

Good morning D-League.

Back from a visit to the orthopaedic surgeon.

The good news: He drew 75 cc's of Guinness Ale-colored fluid out of my left knee, gave me a cortisone shot, and said I probably could get by for a while without surgery.

The bad news: He said my right hip was completely shot. On the x-ray, the "ball" going into the joint looked totally warped from arthritis. Looks like replacement surgery in my near future.

By the way, he asked me if I'd stressed my joints recently. I told him about running a 5-K race a couple weeks ago and he started laughing and shook his head, like "what an idiot."
I have an artificial right knee and right hip. I was supposed to get the left hip done on March 23, 2020 and Covid 19 stopped that. I am now pissed off that they called it off after I went to my heart doctor for all sorts of tests and then "NO OPERATION".

Now I am about to turn 76 so I don't know if I want to go to the heart doctor for two days and go through all those procedures again to get permission to have the operations. After my left hip and knee I need new ankles. I will not live long enough to justify all of that surgery.

Note: to replace my hip they have to remove this:
285934787_5126272944154915_4783950799315886860_n.jpg

285996619_5126272934154916_7790477919258998471_n.jpg

Slow down on your exercise programs. We are limited on the cartilage we get issued and part of it is DNA. My father did not have the problem but my mom gave it to me. I ran through mine really quick playing baseball, basketball, track et.al.

Start acting like an old man instead of a kid! Life is a marathon not a sprint! Slow down and have better joints late in life.

I have an artificial right knee and right hip. I was supposed to get the left hip done on March 23, 2020 and Covid 19 stopped that. I am now pissed off that they called it off after I went to my heart doctor for all sorts of tests and then "NO OPERATION".

Now I am about to turn 76 so I don't know if I want to go to the heart doctor for two days and go through all those procedures again to get permission to have the operations. After my left hip and knee I need new ankles. I will not live long enough to justify all of that surgery.

Note: to replace my hip they have to remove this:
285934787_5126272944154915_4783950799315886860_n.jpg

285996619_5126272934154916_7790477919258998471_n.jpg

Slow down on your exercise programs. We are limited on the cartilage we get issued and part of it is DNA. My father did not have the problem but my mom gave it to me. I ran through mine really quick playing baseball, basketball, track et.al.

Start acting like an old man instead of a kid! Life is a marathon not a sprint! Slow down and have better joints late in life.
That's interesting Bert. I too appear to have inherited a predisposition for osteoarthritis from my mother - who had hip replacement surgery at about my age - rather than my father, who never needed it.

The doc today said it was pretty much genetics. But I know I damaged by knees, ankles and hips quite a bit playing basketball and working many years on pipeline jobs, not to mention sleeping rough and moving fast in a hundred Third World shit holes as a war correspondent.

So, que sera, sera. I may see one more surgeon for a second opinion who is a friend and colleague of my wife but I don't think there is any way I am dodging the bullet -- or the scalpel -- on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT