ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning, D-League!

Sun is shining. It's not too hot. Not cold. No blizzard. No monsoon. Great looking day if you don't have allergies!

House alarm went off at 330am. Couldn't go back to sleep after that. Wife's car had a flat, so I had to adjust my schedule to take everyone to where they needed to go. Much fun ensued. Waiting on hold with Windstream after they ghosted me on a scheduled service appt (40min so far and haven't talked to a human yet.) I think the line quality is affecting the alarm. Spotty internet AND phone line. Lotsa fun stuff. :D

May God bless you all and those you hold dear as well!

Good morning, D-League!

Sun is shining. It's not too hot. Not cold. No blizzard. No monsoon. Great looking day if you don't have allergies!

House alarm went off at 330am. Couldn't go back to sleep after that. Wife's car had a flat, so I had to adjust my schedule to take everyone to where they needed to go. Much fun ensued. Waiting on hold with Windstream after they ghosted me on a scheduled service appt (40min so far and haven't talked to a human yet.) I think the line quality is affecting the alarm. Spotty internet AND phone line. Lotsa fun stuff. :D

May God bless you all and those you hold dear as well!
Sure glad you are having a great day! :)

I love the holding and listening to horrible jingles more than anything.

Great stuff. Drizzled on pizza last night. Too expensive.

Combo12oz_1000x1000.jpg

Hello all, can't say I've ever had that stuff....hmmm...

Good morning folks. Spectacular day in the east. On my morning walk I was reminded of a poem we were taught in high school: "The world is charged with the grandeur of God. IT will flame out like shining from shook foil..."

Back at work now, and behind on a few things, so I will wish everyone well and catch up later.

Hello,

I will have to ponder that one for a while...

Waiting on some paint estimates today and tomorrow. That's about it. Not in horrible shape...

My Darling and I are sitting in the living room of an older couples home right now, down the street from our home. They are Korean, I begged their pardon for texting but I am still coordinating things via email and texts. Just had to take a peek at the D-League. I do hope you all are well...

Sure glad you are having a great day! :)

I love the holding and listening to horrible jingles more than anything.

This 72min call was even better. No jingles, just the "all representatives are busy, your call will be answered...." every 15 sec. ...and with that grating voice... Why couldn't they get Eartha Kitt or Julie Newmar to do a voice over?

Waiting on some paint estimates today and tomorrow. That's about it. Not in horrible shape...

My Darling and I are sitting in the living room of an older couples home right now, down the street from our home. They are Korean, I begged their pardon for texting but I am still coordinating things via email and texts. Just had to take a peek at the D-League. I do hope you all are well...
Summerville is in Korea?

Dang you are young!

I am going to start showing you less respect. I actually thought you were an old man like me! 😁

Happy birthday vhcat a day late.

I enjoy your company on the D-League.
Thank you much on all accounts, especially the less respect one. But you're not a day late. BTW, Mark Popovich is the same age. :p

As a side note, I have a 2020 Derby T with my birthday, but the race was run in September !!

Good afternoon! Or evening, depending on where you are. I went back to the piddler mall today that had all the parts I put together for my cabinet. Found a couple of small doors that were too big for the application but looked like they could be cut down and work.

I cut an inch off both rails and about a quarter inch off both stiles and they were perfect. Used the router table and put a 1/4" round over with a small land to make them look real again.

They can slow me down, but they can't stop me.

Good afternoon! Or evening, depending on where you are. I went back to the piddler mall today that had all the parts I put together for my cabinet. Found a couple of small doors that were too big for the application but looked like they could be cut down and work.

I cut an inch off both rails and about a quarter inch off both stiles and they were perfect. Used the router table and put a 1/4" round over with a small land to make them look real again.

They can slow me down, but they can't stop me.
tenor.gif

Good evening, D! Reas James 2.

It's been a good, bad couple days. The bad, I had to prep for the dreaded coloscopy Sunday, which really wasn't that bad, my doctor did it different, had to drink my prep mixed with Gatorade. The good, no signs of cancer, another one in 5 years!!!!

Well after we got home from the hospital, we acted like an old, retired couple, sat out on the deck like an old, retired couple!!!! Just watching the world go by!!!!

Saw our first hummingbird today.

We had a great time with our son and his wife Saturday, arrowhead hunting and detecting. I didn't find anything good, but when I finally convinced them to move to the field where I had found some flint, we got some good finds. My son finally found his first complete arrowhead, found over a hundred flakes, chips and larger pieces. They are just now plowing their fields, so the best is yet to come.

I hope the D has a great rest of the evening and prayers for the D!!!!!

Speaking of mulch I put down a pickup load yesterday and only got 1/3 down of the amount I need to finish the job. They claim it is 12 month mulch at the landscape place but this sun eats it up. You are fortunate to get 6 months. So I do it twice a year. The winter months are not so rough on it and the color lasts longer. This year I am going with red cypress

Cypress is what we use. Was told by the rep selling and stocking the mulches at hardware stores that cypress is the best to avoid termites and other pests. He was proven right when some folks who bought other mulches found termites in the bags. Its color seems to last the longest of any we've used as well.

Good evening, D! Reas James 2.

It's been a good, bad couple days. The bad, I had to prep for the dreaded coloscopy Sunday, which really wasn't that bad, my doctor did it different, had to drink my prep mixed with Gatorade. The good, no signs of cancer, another one in 5 years!!!!

Well after we got home from the hospital, we acted like an old, retired couple, sat out on the deck like an old, retired couple!!!! Just watching the world go by!!!!

Saw our first hummingbird today.

We had a great time with our son and his wife Saturday, arrowhead hunting and detecting. I didn't find anything good, but when I finally convinced them to move to the field where I had found some flint, we got some good finds. My son finally found his first complete arrowhead, found over a hundred flakes, chips and larger pieces. They are just now plowing their fields, so the best is yet to come.

I hope the D has a great rest of the evening and prayers for the D!!!!!

Thankful for you Sir. If BBUK was with you we'd have found gold bars, or at least a few hundred gold coins. ;)

Most beautiful house cats there are.
He's a Manx (no tail) origins from the Isle of man off the coast of Ireland. Expensive cats. He showed up at our door one morning at about 0400 or so 3 years ago come this July. I heard him meowing outside the front door and opened it to find this little kitten (6-8weeks old according to the vet). When I approached him he bowed up on me as if to say take me in or kill me. He impressed me that he did not run. Even me not liking cats I took to this one right off and my wife and daughter had been wanting one for years so... Pictured below was him a day or two later from him showing up on my doorstep.

20190708-201541.jpg

20190708-203223.jpg

He's a Manx (no tail) origins from the Isle of man off the coast of Ireland. Expensive cats. He showed up at our door one morning at about 0400 or so 3 years ago come this July. I heard him meowing outside the front door and opened it to find this little kitten (6-8weeks old according to the vet). When I approached him he bowed up on me as if to say take me in or kill me. He impressed me that he did not run. Even me not liking cats I took to this one right off and my wife and daughter had been wanting one for years so... Pictured below was him a day or two later from him showing up on my doorstep.

20190708-201541.jpg

20190708-203223.jpg

Looks like a Siamese/Manx hybrid to me. Cool! Had never seen a Manx like that before.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 75°F and cloudy. Light drizzle. Today's high expected at around 89°F. We may experience our first triple-digit days come this weekend. Hope not.

Local news just said police department response times are much longer due to staffing shortages. After all the hatred directed at law enforcement two years ago, one can only wonder why.

Keeping it short this morning. Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Chocolate-Custard-Day-May-3-1024x512-840x420.jpg

Good morning folks. Stuck on a jammed subway car drawing angry looks from the sheep because I am maskless. Trust me, masks ain’t going to matter much the way people are jammed onto this train.

Working on a piece about older war journalists in the Ukraine. Talked to a couple folks via phone inside the country I knew from 2001-2008 in Iraq and Afghanistan. I very briefly wished I could be there, then my arthritic hip and bum knee sent electric messages to my slow-moving brain and I calmed down. But I’m damn impressed by the men and women in their 60s working as photographers and writers there.

Hope it’s a good day for everyone.

Good morning. It is partly sunny 73.0°F and we are possibly going to have some good wind and a 90% chance of rain on our way to 79°. I got the yard mowed yesterday and it is just waiting for another drink to grow even faster.

@cordmaker I saw my first hummer grilling Friday afternoon. I have not seen one sense.

Good morning D League

Another nice day is ahead of us. We have sunny skies at 73° on our way to 84°. I have some more mulching to do and I am taking my time. I will knock off at noon, eat me a can of healthy sardines and then cool off in the pool. Ah retirement.

Well @BBUK we still can not get any chicken gizzards or livers at the Publix Store. It is a Communist conspiracy. I still can not get a part from Germany for my wife's car and can't even locate one at a junk yard. I guess they do not keep parts anymore in this disposable world we live in. Enough of that. Life is good, no reason to complain. God is watching over me and all is good.

Take care folks, We win in the end so keep the Faith and lock and load.

Good morning! Haven't done much today except throw a huge load of laundry in. Friend stopping by later to assist me on my trip to Lowes and to play workshop later. And beer. I've got to cut some wood to make a speaker enclosure. I'll cut all the pieces before the beer ensues.

@Sawnee Cat dude, they fixed your car 6 weeks ago and they've been renting it out. Dealers are stealers.

@Bert Higginbotha so you saw a hummer while grilling? Your neighbors are kinkier than mine.

Good late morning all,

Here in Summerville it is quiet, even if there are five times the people when last we were here.

Have a painter contracted to start tomorrow...we shall see.

Good things happen in our walk in closet. All I will say...

Have a great day.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT