ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

b555ac803fe52ae1eb0b42d1851b123a.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

49° this morning with thunderstorms possible this afternoon through Thursday. Was going to go fishing again this morning to try to raise my batting average which is worse than the Reds. Looks like cutting the grass will have to do instead. Grass rhymes with bass so...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and cloudy. Possibly clearing later. Today's high expected around 87°F. Chance for showers today and especially overnight. We need more rain.

Initially woke around 5:30 am. Pup heard me and naturally began barking, wanting food. Fed her and laid back down. She seems fine. Presently sleeping on the rug next to my table. Yesterday, she rolled around in the grass and got stickers all over her. What a mess. Requires about 15 minutes to pull them off.

May go for a walk in a few. Plan on grocery shopping later this morning.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design1.jpg

Good morning! Lookin kinda gloomy here today. We had some loud thunder roll through last night as well, didn't seem to get much rain though.

I hope to have another productive day. I'll enjoy it more knowing the grass isn't waiting for me.

I haven't checked yet, but I hope it rained enough to rinse the pollen off my truck. It had a yellow tint to it yesterday. I almost went to the car wash but I remembered I have 2 huge bags of mulch in the back. It's heavy enough as is, I don't need it wet.

Be careful out there!

Good morning! Lookin kinda gloomy here today. We had some loud thunder roll through last night as well, didn't seem to get much rain though.

I hope to have another productive day. I'll enjoy it more knowing the grass isn't waiting for me.

I haven't checked yet, but I hope it rained enough to rinse the pollen off my truck. It had a yellow tint to it yesterday. I almost went to the car wash but I remembered I have 2 huge bags of mulch in the back. It's heavy enough as is, I don't need it wet.

Be careful out there!
Speaking of mulch I put down a pickup load yesterday and only got 1/3 down of the amount I need to finish the job. They claim it is 12 month mulch at the landscape place but this sun eats it up. You are fortunate to get 6 months. So I do it twice a year. The winter months are not so rough on it and the color lasts longer. This year I am going with red cypress

You wouldn't believe how many people around here are still wearing masks.
Are you serious? I would bet they are mostly Dem voters. Speaking of which I read some poll that said the Kentucky governor was the most popular Democrat governor in America with a 59% approval rating. Looks like y'all have him for a second term unless he runs as the VP is 2024. Or maybe he can take a crack at the President spot with Biden and Harris mumbling in the background.

Matt Jones endorses his re-election as Gov so that should get him a bunch of votes

Are you serious? I would bet they are mostly Dem voters. Speaking of which I read some poll that said the Kentucky governor was the most popular Democrat governor in America with a 59% approval rating. Looks like y'all have him for a second term unless he runs as the VP is 2024. Or maybe he can take a crack at the President spot with Biden and Harris mumbling in the background.

Matt Jones endorses his re-election as Gov so that should get him a bunch of votes
I think some of these maskers are making a defiant statement which is pathetic. There are also many who are really concerned about getting sick. Our governor, mayor and house rep put the fear in a lot of people and that's a shame. I'll bet that poll was heavily skewed. Probably included a large percentage from Jefferson and Fayette county.

BTW, I'm still seeing people walking alone outside or driving alone wearing masks. Sure it's allergy season BUT I rarely saw them before COVID.

Like 82, I wonder if the poll is skewed. He's not popular with small business owners. At least the R can control the legislature and even override his vetoes now, The POS FORCED me (and others) to lay off all my/their workers because we weren't essential, then when the unemployment fund went broke, he raised my rates. He might be popular among those who get to draw "free" government money.

His dad, Steve, was my friend, but I will not vote for Andy. All his proclamations have been overturned by the house and Senate. I can't believe that poll.

Reds are playing the Rockies and it is 5-0 Rockies in the bottom of the 1st. The Reds pitcher San Martin had an ERA of 10.95 before the start of the game.

@MdWIldcat55 I think your bet is safe. If they are going to continue to use a pitcher with an ERA that high, it's in the bag. Just make sure she pays for enough food that there is enough left for a doggie bag full for the next day.

Last edited:
I do like Dandy's plan to do research on medical MJ.
I don't like it at all. There have been hundreds of studies and his isn't going to reveal anything new. The fact remains that to this day not one person has died from an overdose of marijuana. There were probably over a 100 people who died in the last 24 hours across the country due to alcohol.

Cabinet is very close to done now. Hung 6 doors today and installed the knobs. Added decorative trim to the top and bottom on the front. Still have to fabricate a door for the smaller shelf at the top.

Heading back out to the bar for another beer and some tunes. Nice breeze going out there and the humidity is low.

I don't know if I'm supposed to or not, but I don't have a care in the world at the moment. I am contented.

I don't like it at all. There have been hundreds of studies and his isn't going to reveal anything new. The fact remains that to this day not one person has died from an overdose of marijuana. There were probably over a 100 people who died in the last 24 hours across the country due to alcohol.
OK, but nobody else getting anything done. Let him start.

@MdWIldcat55 I think your bet is safe. If they are going to continue to use a pitcher with an ERA that high, it's in the bag. Just make sure she pays for enough food that there is enough left for a doggie bag full for the next day.
Haha. Yeah Warrior, as bad as the Nats are, they are the 27 Yankees compared to the Reds. Since the day of that bet the Reds haven’t come close to a win, and are looking more and more like a high school team.

Need to legalize heroine too, heck, need more poppies too. Give out free seed...

Sleeping on the floor in our home in Summerville in our walk in closet so we can sleep later. Good thing I brought two queen size three inch thick memory foam mattress covers. With a quilted feather mattress to boot. Almost like home .. have a good night....

Good Monday morning to those up yonder.

We should have a picture perfect day with a current temperature of 68° as we get on up to 85°. Lots of sunshine and little chance of rain, although I would welcome a gulley washer. You can never get enough rain in Florida. This sand soaks it up like a sponge.

So I have finished my breakfast, filled up my coffee mug and I will take it outside and finish it up. Then I roll up my sleeves and get back to weed removal and mulching. This was not a one day job.

Take care all,

(starting another week with the car in the garage just sitting there waiting on a part from Germany) Going on two months now. Joe Biden and Obama are smiling at America's fools.

Good morning folks. Spectacular day in the east. On my morning walk I was reminded of a poem we were taught in high school: "The world is charged with the grandeur of God. IT will flame out like shining from shook foil..."

Back at work now, and behind on a few things, so I will wish everyone well and catch up later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT