ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D League

Another nice day is ahead of us. We have sunny skies at 73° on our way to 84°. I have some more mulching to do and I am taking my time. I will knock off at noon, eat me a can of healthy sardines and then cool off in the pool. Ah retirement.

Well @BBUK we still can not get any chicken gizzards or livers at the Publix Store. It is a Communist conspiracy. I still can not get a part from Germany for my wife's car and can't even locate one at a junk yard. I guess they do not keep parts anymore in this disposable world we live in. Enough of that. Life is good, no reason to complain. God is watching over me and all is good.

Take care folks, We win in the end so keep the Faith and lock and load.

Post the part number and I'll see if my buddy knows if anyone locally has one and mail it out to you.

Good afternoon, D-League!

Got breakfast made and everyone off their respective directions. New set of tires on the wife's vehicle, 1.50 lunch, and spending a couple hours at the DMV getting a new license, before spending a couple hours seeing if the Windstream tech shows up.

Turbulent dreams last night kept me from getting sleep again. Hope none of the bad ones come true.

We should keep a DList on here of things we're all on the lookout for and can't find, what price range we're thinking, and how we'd like them exchanged. A buddy of mine keeps a mental list of things people are looking for and texts them when he finds something. Found a light fixture for me at a great price, and a couple collectibles at a really deep discount. Makes his rounds in Lexington and surrounding areas checking sales and such when he can.

He also found me some allocated bourbons.

Just a thought
Have a great day, y'all

Good morning. It is partly sunny 73.0°F and we are possibly going to have some good wind and a 90% chance of rain on our way to 79°. I got the yard mowed yesterday and it is just waiting for another drink to grow even faster.

@cordmaker I saw my first hummer grilling Friday afternoon. I have not seen one sense.

279608342_4917568378371321_5076084453118728397_n.jpg

So, my wife's car, a 2017 Subaru, has been making a loud, rattling noise for a few days. I crawled under it and figure that it's a muffler going bad. I called the dealer's service department to price getting it replaced -- $2,200 if it needs a new pipe as well! I told her I'd buy her some high-end earplugs.

Went to Walmart before going to train student to get birthday cards for FIL, my twin sons, my triplet grandsons. All have birthdays this month. Nothing fancy just regular cards. Each one was about $5 dollars each. Did not (should have) realize how high everything is getting. Daughter told me next time to let her make them. She is a good artist and has made one for her mother before.

By the way, got more fishing equipment while I was there too.

Went to Walmart before going to train student to get birthday cards for FIL, my twin sons, my triplet grandsons. All have birthdays this month. Nothing fancy just regular cards. Each one was about $5 dollars each. Did not (should have) realize how high everything is getting. Daughter told me next time to let her make them. She is a good artist and has made one for her mother before.

Rest assured it will get worse. My price for raw goods has doubled in the past year. It's increased 3 times since December.

Post the part number and I'll see if my buddy knows if anyone locally has one and mail it out to you.
Girth, thanks that would be very nice. My wife's vehicle is an Audi Q5 and the engine is a 3.2 Quatro Premium. I do not have the parts number but perhaps I can get it from the dealer. I will attempt that tomorrow. I appreciate it.

Any D-Leaguers up for a long baseball story? I posted this one in the "memorabilia" thread but figured it might be appreciated here. I swear this one is true.

When I was 13 in 1969, late in the days of Crosley Field, I went to a Reds game with a neighbor kid one hot summer night on our Straight A tickets.

This kid was totally obsessed with Pete Rose, way beyond any fandom of mine. There were just a few thousand people at the game that night, and by the late stages we'd made our way all the way to the seats right next to the Reds' dugout.

At Crosley, there was a row of seats that was just slightly elevated above the dugout to the right of it, and you could see down into where the Reds sat. The kid I was with who was a couple years older starts saying how much he wanted a Pete Rose bat, and I started egging him on, figuring he was all talk. I even dared him to grab a bat, telling him if he would I would.

The Reds were ahead and in the field for the top of the ninth. A guy hits a lazy fly for the final out. The Reds players in the dugout have already started heading for the clubhouse. Suddenly the kid I'm with leans way over into the dugout, and grabs a bat out of the first slot -- lead off hitter Pete Rose's slot. I freak out, and without thinking, do the exact same thing.

We start making our way out of the stadium like a couple bank robbers. But apparently no one saw us. No one says a thing.

On the way home, I start admiring my bat: It was pure white ash wood, no grain, with pine tar about 18 inches up. It seemed very heavy. Rose was still using Louisville Sluggers then. On the knob in green magic market was the number 14.

We made it home with our bats, and I stuck mine under my bed. But the sissy kid with me crumbles, and confesses all to his dad. Who tells my dad. Who starts ripping into me for being a thief, and so on, threatens to make me go back to Crosley so I can personally apologize (that never happened obviously) and he takes my bat.

It was many years before I got the courage to ask for the bat back. I had moved away from home years before and figured dad had mellowed about the whole thing.

My father looked puzzled at first when I brought it up, then remembered the episode. But he could not remember what he'd done with the bat. We looked around the house, but found nothing.

It has never resurfaced.

I have a story about Pat Summit, the former UT women's coach. My sister who is an RN at Vanderbilt, got me some tickets to a women's game in Nashville between #1 UT and #4 Vandy. It was a sell out and CBS was broadcasting the game. My daughters middle school coach was a college senior who wanted to go into coaching for a living. We had an extra ticket, so we invited her to go. After the game, she hurried down to the court and caught Pat before she could leave. Even though it was a big time game, before Pat even went back to her team, she sat down with this girl she didn't even know and talked to her for 45 minutes about coaching basketball.

I have a story about Pat Summit, the former UT women's coach. My sister who is an RN at Vanderbilt, got me some tickets to a women's game in Nashville between #1 UT and #4 Vandy. It was a sell out and CBS was broadcasting the game. My daughters middle school coach was a college senior who wanted to go into coaching for a living. We had an extra ticket, so we invited her to go. After the game, she hurried down to the court and caught Pat before she could leave. Even though it was a big time game, before Pat even went back to her team, she sat down with this girl she didn't even know and talked to her for 45 minutes about coaching basketball.
Very nice story Bernie. Sad end for Pat Summit, but her legacy is not only the players she coached, its the girls and women she inspired like your daughter's coach.

Any D-Leaguers up for a long baseball story? I posted this one in the "memorabilia" thread but figured it might be appreciated here. I swear this one is true.

When I was 13 in 1969, late in the days of Crosley Field, I went to a Reds game with a neighbor kid one hot summer night on our Straight A tickets.

This kid was totally obsessed with Pete Rose, way beyond any fandom of mine. There were just a few thousand people at the game that night, and by the late stages we'd made our way all the way to the seats right next to the Reds' dugout.

At Crosley, there was a row of seats that was just slightly elevated above the dugout to the right of it, and you could see down into where the Reds sat. The kid I was with who was a couple years older starts saying how much he wanted a Pete Rose bat, and I started egging him on, figuring he was all talk. I even dared him to grab a bat, telling him if he would I would.

The Reds were ahead and in the field for the top of the ninth. A guy hits a lazy fly for the final out. The Reds players in the dugout have already started heading for the clubhouse. Suddenly the kid I'm with leans way over into the dugout, and grabs a bat out of the first slot -- lead off hitter Pete Rose's slot. I freak out, and without thinking, do the exact same thing.

We start making our way out of the stadium like a couple bank robbers. But apparently no one saw us. No one says a thing.

On the way home, I start admiring my bat: It was pure white ash wood, no grain, with pine tar about 18 inches up. It seemed very heavy. Rose was still using Louisville Sluggers then. On the knob in green magic market was the number 14.

We made it home with our bats, and I stuck mine under my bed. But the sissy kid with me crumbles, and confesses all to his dad. Who tells my dad. Who starts ripping into me for being a thief, and so on, threatens to make me go back to Crosley so I can personally apologize (that never happened obviously) and he takes my bat.

It was many years before I got the courage to ask for the bat back. I had moved away from home years before and figured dad had mellowed about the whole thing.

My father looked puzzled at first when I brought it up, then remembered the episode. But he could not remember what he'd done with the bat. We looked around the house, but found nothing.

It has never resurfaced.
My bet is on the sissy kid breaking into your house and stealing it. That bat could bring a nice price at auction especially if you could prove the provenance.

My bet is on the sissy kid breaking into your house and stealing it. That bat could bring a nice price at auction especially if you could prove the provenance.
That’s a shrewd guess 82. I think the same thing.

I didn’t want to make a long story longer, but in our garage our dad kept all our baseball gear for me and my three brothers - and that always included lots of bats and balls: dad was always serious about drilling us on baseball fundamentals. It would have been like him to stick that bat in with the other gear, daring me to touch it. And Greg, the neighbor wimp, could have easily spotted it and made off with it.

Good afternoon, D-League!

Got breakfast made and everyone off their respective directions. New set of tires on the wife's vehicle, 1.50 lunch, and spending a couple hours at the DMV getting a new license, before spending a couple hours seeing if the Windstream tech shows up.

Turbulent dreams last night kept me from getting sleep again. Hope none of the bad ones come true.

We should keep a DList on here of things we're all on the lookout for and can't find, what price range we're thinking, and how we'd like them exchanged. A buddy of mine keeps a mental list of things people are looking for and texts them when he finds something. Found a light fixture for me at a great price, and a couple collectibles at a really deep discount. Makes his rounds in Lexington and surrounding areas checking sales and such when he can.

He also found me some allocated bourbons.

Just a thought
Have a great day, y'all

Two women at the same time.
So, my wife's car, a 2017 Subaru, has been making a loud, rattling noise for a few days. I crawled under it and figure that it's a muffler going bad. I called the dealer's service department to price getting it replaced -- $2,200 if it needs a new pipe as well! I told her I'd buy her some high-end earplugs.
More than likely, it would be the cover that protects the catalytic converter from starting grass fires. Very common problem. By the way, catalytic converters are of no use now that we have computerized ignition on cars. Thank your local dem that they are still required.
Are you aware that UK hired Pat Summitt before Tennessee did? She asked for some upfront money to make it to Lexington and they told her that it was her problem. The rest is well documented history.

More than likely, it would be the cover that protects the catalytic converter from starting grass fires. Very common problem. By the way, catalytic converters are of no use now that we have computerized ignition on cars. Thank your local dem that they are still required.

Are you aware that UK hired Pat Summitt before Tennessee did? She asked for some upfront money to make it to Lexington and they told her that it was her problem. The rest is well documented history.
Two CHICKS at the same time. Come on man! Time to get in the 90s.

Yes, but had forgotten till you reminded me.

Great idea. I'm at piddler malls every week. It's amazing the things I see for sale. Most of it I have already.

It has never resurfaced.
- Played hoops against Rose in the late 60's at the Friar's Club in Cincy. Was home from UK at the time.
- Played flag football in 70's at Bold Face Park where Rose grew up playing baseball.
- Just loved old Crosley. Nothing like the outfield terrace before or since. Grass going up that grade was just so beautiful.
- In HS in mid-60's, grandpa took me to Opening Day game. What a treat. He played baseball going back to 1890's.
- In April '70, drove up from UK on a Sunday with a few guys and got seats right behind home plate. How, I don't know. Different world then I guess.
- Then in June attended 2nd last game at Crosley with DW to be. Have photo of the last out there the next night hanging on our family room wall.

Hello,
Let's see if these work...

The view from the back of my house in Summerville... (Too many homes BUT, real nice people.)(That pond goes for a bit, around the corner.) The grass used to be real nice.... sigh... My guard dog is resting at the base of that small tree. (We have landscapers coming Friday or Saturday for this area and an area in the front.) Paddleboaters frequent this pond, it is really relaxing watching them.

279346709_5617639524916248_136801256838815188_n.jpg

One spot we used to frequent, yeah, loaded down with oysters and clams....

279705376_5617641248249409_1740864786236974410_n.jpg

My Darling at work,....

279356300_5617641584916042_2405269168053691927_n.jpg

My Darling dug those and about a heaping double hand full with Clams still falling down. (I finally gave my Darling the bag I had in my pocket.)with one of my pocket knives... I could not tell her I had her clam rake in the trunk or we may not have left until dark. We had a dinner appointment with some friends we met at our hotel (Staybridge Inn and Suites in Charleston when we moved back from Korea in 2015.) Good friends we really enjoy, live around the corner from our home here.

279613682_5617640684916132_1490996877967300411_n.jpg

That was our supper this afternoon (The supper we were late for.) That is a lightly spicy pork dish and was actually my plate. (I ate it and a little bit more.) So thankful for our friends. (Baked and then sautéed garlic, a couple types of fish, some kimchi, leaf lettuce,... Just an enjoyable meal...)

279095179_5617632844916916_273251787792634648_n.jpg

You all have a restful night hopefully this same couple and me and my Darling are going to do some actual fishing, crabbing, and digging of clams tomorrow... (My painters cannot start until Thursday and I have all the items I needed to do completed.)(I worked today believe it or not.)

Hope to converse with you all tomorrow. Take care...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F and cloudy. Humid. Possibility for showers tomorrow. Today's high may peak around 89°F.

Watching lots of MeTV lately. Recorded Star Trek, Lost in Space, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants and The Invaders this past Saturday evening for viewing this week. Love those old SciFi shows.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

StarWarsDay-MT4thBWY_RGB_Transparent_Domestic.png

Last edited:
Good morning, D, read James 4.

May the Fourth be with you today!!!!! Sorry I couldn't help it!!!!

We did some running yesterday, Mrs. M had to go to the bank yesterday, first time in 26 years as just a customer, also picked up another gift, total now is $635 in gift cards! Still no Lowes or Home Depot!!!!
Everywhere we went yesterday she met someone asking how is retirement or enjoy your retirement! Two days into retirement and two calls from the bank asking questions!!! She was a great co-worker, teller and friend and it shows!! Me, I burnt the bridges when I left Dyno!!!!! Me when I left they called and said Cord we have some work that we need help with, would you consider coming back and helping us out, I said, let me think about it, NO, we didn't think you would!!!!

Don't think we have anything going on today, may hit the fields again for arrowheads.

I hope the D has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!

Hello,
Let's see if these work...

The view from the back of my house in Summerville... (Too many homes BUT, real nice people.)(That pond goes for a bit, around the corner.) The grass used to be real nice.... sigh... My guard dog is resting at the base of that small tree. (We have landscapers coming Friday or Saturday for this area and an area in the front.) Paddleboaters frequent this pond, it is really relaxing watching them.

279346709_5617639524916248_136801256838815188_n.jpg

One spot we used to frequent, yeah, loaded down with oysters and clams....

279705376_5617641248249409_1740864786236974410_n.jpg

My Darling at work,....

279356300_5617641584916042_2405269168053691927_n.jpg

My Darling dug those and about a heaping double hand full with Clams still falling down. (I finally gave my Darling the bag I had in my pocket.)with one of my pocket knives... I could not tell her I had her clam rake in the trunk or we may not have left until dark. We had a dinner appointment with some friends we met at our hotel (Staybridge Inn and Suites in Charleston when we moved back from Korea in 2015.) Good friends we really enjoy, live around the corner from our home here.

279613682_5617640684916132_1490996877967300411_n.jpg

That was our supper this afternoon (The supper we were late for.) That is a lightly spicy pork dish and was actually my plate. (I ate it and a little bit more.) So thankful for our friends. (Baked and then sautéed garlic, a couple types of fish, some kimchi, leaf lettuce,... Just an enjoyable meal...)

279095179_5617632844916916_273251787792634648_n.jpg

You all have a restful night hopefully this same couple and me and my Darling are going to do some actual fishing, crabbing, and digging of clams tomorrow... (My painters cannot start until Thursday and I have all the items I needed to do completed.)(I worked today believe it or not.)

Hope to converse with you all tomorrow. Take care...
Wow is all I can say.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F and cloudy. Humid. Possibility for showers tomorrow. Today's high may peak around 89°F.

Watching lots of MeTV lately. Recorded Star Trek, Lost in Space, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants and The Invaders this past Saturday evening for viewing this week. Love those old SciFi shows.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

StarWarsDay-MT4thBWY_RGB_Transparent_Domestic.png
ATX, we watch a lot of MeTV also, good shows

Good Morning

Sitting here with my coffee waiting for the sun to come up. The stars above are spectacular this morning. We have a crystal clear sky and you can see thousands of stars. I love mornings like these.

We are expecting a nice day today with a current temperature of 74° and a high in the 80's, I say 86°.

I trust all are well and have a pleasant day.

Good morning folks.

Another beautiful spring day in the east.

I see the Star Wars references above. I was 21 and had just left Kentucky for Pompano Beach Florida in 1977. A girl who had lured me down there wanted to go see a new movie called Star Wars people were talking about. I enjoyed it, thought it was clever if a little hokey. Never went to any of the sequels. If you told me people would still be talking about it 45 years later, and making spin-offs, I’d have been amazed.

I did like the bar scene. Reminded me of places I’d seen out west while pipelining.

Hope you all have a good day. Oh yeah - live long and prosper.

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

Another beautiful spring day in the east.

I see the Star Wars references above. I was 21 and had just left Kentucky for Pompano Beach Florida in 1977. A girl who had lured me down there wanted to go see a new movie called Star Wars people were talking about. I enjoyed it, thought it was clever if a little hokey. Never went to any of the sequels. If you told me people would still be talking about it 45 years later, and making spin-offs, I’d have been amazed.

I did like the bar scene. Reminded me of places I’d seen out west while pipelining.

Hope you all have a good day.
Was 20 years old stationed at Fliegerhorst Kaserne in Hanau Germany when I saw it. It was very good for its time. One of my favorite scenes. Who's scruffy looking.

Morning Legionnaires!

55° this morning with a high of 70° expected. Thunderstorms expected this afternoon, some severe with a tornado watch warning through the night (batten down the hatches). I guess fishing is out of the question today.

Speaking of all dogs being the best, here is one of 4 I have. She hit 103lbs early last month. 13 1/2 months old now and her breed mixes still grow up to 18 months so 110-120lbs expected. She is taking up 2/3rds of the couch here at about 11 months. Who's scruffy looking.

20210830-135638.jpg

Good morning, D-League

57° and a little light rain. Hoping that clears up for my days work. Thinking about making a meme with an NCAA tombstone inscribed with "died of NIL." No more "amateur" in athletics. Not a lot of "student" in the 1AD. Greed kills everything if it is allowed to remain.

NIL as an inducement and/or recruiting tool, whether from the school, a fan, or a booster, was exactly what was forbidden when the NCAA made their ruling on it. No one is listening. I think that's why the "investigations" are delayed. They're doing the "drip drip" rather than the RIP, RIP hoping people forget until NIL eventually eliminates the infractions altogether.

NCAA is still a joke that isn't funny.

Hope the fishing is good, for what the D-League is angling. Take care everyone

Mightve mentioned it here recently, but will again in case I didn't.

Thieves are stealing converters off of cars and trucks in Lexington. Stole every one they could off a fleet of trucks over the weekend about 2 months ago iirc. I wonder if someone wasn't trying to get the one off of your Subaru and didn't have enough time, @MdWIldcat55

Mightve mentioned it here recently, but will again in case I didn't.

Thieves are stealing converters off of cars and trucks in Lexington. Stole every one they could off a fleet of trucks over the weekend about 2 months ago iirc. I wonder if someone wasn't trying to get the one off of your Subaru and didn't have enough time, @MdWIldcat55
Thanks for that tip. Girthang. I didn’t think of that though I have seen those reports. Maybe. If so, that’s an insurance claim I suppose, if I want to take it.

BTW, our new Pyrenees mix pup is looking more like a Ridgeback mix. This is going to be interesting. Lol
Had a Ridgeback mix once. Not sure what she was mixed with, but she did not get anywhere near the size of a Ridgeback and was very skittish. Was a rescue (most of mine are) and did not take to me right off. She was afraid of me and my BIL but loved my wife and MIL. Figure she was mistreated by males sometime early on. Took a while but she eventually came around.

What a sorry way to justify getting fishing equipment! 😁

Had a Ridgeback mix once. Not sure what she was mixed with, but she did not get anywhere near the size of a Ridgeback and was very skittish. Was a rescue (most of mine are) and did not take to me right off. She was afraid of me and my BIL but loved my wife and MIL. Figure she was mistreated by males sometime early on. Took a while but she eventually came around.
We adopted a six month old white boxer and his deaf mother once. His mom was full of buck shot and Bill was scared of everything, particularly men. Maddie actually had to teach Bill how to play. They became best buddies. Bill was Jan's shadow. I was the only man Bill wasn't scared of, though eventually he tolerated a couple of more people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT