ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

When cars were cars.....

AAWS7Wy.img

Our little secluded beach received a hard top surface last week. It had been sand and all natural but some folks without 4 wheel drive got stuck and wanted pavement. Very few tourists know where this spot is because you have to drive 11 miles off of the main road to find it. There are no buildings, hotels or high rise condos allowed. Just beach.

I see they planted some palms too.
279899568_362303459255440_2239941785313374580_n.jpg

Our little secluded beach received a hard top surface last week. It had been sand and all natural but some folks without 4 wheel drive got stuck and wanted pavement. Very few tourists know where this spot is because you have to drive 11 miles off of the main road to find it. There are no buildings, hotels or high rise condos allowed. Just beach.

I see they planted some palms too.
279899568_362303459255440_2239941785313374580_n.jpg
Where do you pee?

31, you ever see any metal detectors at the Piddlers Mall?
Yes, I see them from time to time. They are not good ones though. Old and cheap.

Shot an 81 today. Could have been better. Could have been worse. Is what it is.

Cabinet is completed and moved into the house. It's not in its final resting place yet, hopefully tonight.

Decided on the course today that I wanted baby back ribs tonight. I told dude that they would probably cost $16, which is high. $19.62 and I got the cheap ones. Let's go Brandon!

Where do you pee?
Well there is this big body of water we call the Gulf of Mexico. Lots of peeing going on with the dolphins, manatees and every kind of fish you could wish for. So if you are not worried about some fish thinking your ying yang is bait, pull it out and give it a try. But hurry up or a shark might take off half of it.

Or you can do like the women folks, just squat

R.631c565e7dcf3d97745c28e81d147fcd

Yes, I see them from time to time. They are not good ones though. Old and cheap.

Shot an 81 today. Could have been better. Could have been worse. Is what it is.

Cabinet is completed and moved into the house. It's not in its final resting place yet, hopefully tonight.

Decided on the course today that I wanted baby back ribs tonight. I told dude that they would probably cost $16, which is high. $19.62 and I got the cheap ones. Let's go Brandon!

I hear you . My wife cooked up some pork chops, BBQ style with BBQ gravy. We poured that over grits and had collards on the side. Old School Old South. We can't hep it

As a free man's statement I often pee off my porch. If some one sees it they have to prove it! :)
That's the good thing about having your own place compared to an apartment. The neighbor downstairs might not like sitting out on the balcony and getting a shower. Now that I think of it, it could be where that old saying came from, "don't tell me it's raining".

Hello all,

My Darling and I were casing the joint today. Tomorrow we will be for real fishing and crabbing....

279731027_5620341514646049_7320796586395988827_n.jpg

279554731_5620339261312941_2295645764533929972_n.jpg

Dis brudder was casing the joint too..... He was serious... (We will be too,... tomorrow...)

279887260_5620340321312835_8119884889977813218_n.jpg

No hint necessary....

One of those pics are the things nightmares are made of... (I know, I know...)

Messed up some's sleep a little for sure. I have that effect on a lot of people...

Take care...

I heard on the radio today, that the Bengals won more games in the month of January than the Reds did in the month of April. Unfortunately, the Reds also played 16 more games than the Bengals.

@MdWIldcat55 , that steak dinner is as good as yours.
Yeah, feels like stealing, 41102. And losing big again tonight…What a fiasco.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and mostly cloudy. Rain chances increasing around noon. Today's high predicted around 86°F.

Keeping it short this morning because I'm heading into the office. Try leaving around 6:20 am.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Happy Cinco de Mayo.

National-Hoagie-Day1.png

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Yes, as noted above, the Redlegs are really coming through for me - 18-4 final last night, and forced to pitch position players.

The real moment of truth is just ahead with the Pirates coming to GABP. Pittsburgh is roughly a middle-of-the-league AAA team. What are the Reds? AA? A? We’re about to find out.

Gray and drizzly in the east.

I saw somewhere they are doing a remake of what is probably still one of my top five TV shows, The Honeymooners. I guess nothing with a possible Buck attached to it can be left alone in America.

But can you imagine Hollywood’s take on Ralph Kramden today? In episode one he’ll be arrested as an abusive spouse. Then Alice will announce she is “transitioning” to Alex.

In mandatory counseling, Ralph will reflect on all his bad behavior, realize it is because he is secretly Gay and in love with Norton, and they will quit their blue collar jobs and open a florist shop in newly chic Brooklyn. Alex - formerly Alice - will get elected to Congress and marry Trixie. They’ll adopt five illegal immigrant teenagers and the show will morph into a modern version of the Brady Bunch.

Ralph and Ed will move into a spare room as the wise and funny “Gay uncles” who keep the family in flowers and baked goods.

I hope I’m kidding but would not be surprised.

Last edited:
Good Morning to all,

This is a good cup of coffee. The sun is coming up and all is well. I live in a very, very quiet neighborhood and the sounds of nature are all around. I enjoy living next to a "wildlife preserve" aka A SWAMP but sometimes the critters are a pain in the neck to deal with.

Temperature on the thermometer I have hanging outside says 67° and we may reach 87° this afternoon. That means I do outside work this morning and hit the pool about mid day. We will have plenty of sunshine. I trust all have a "wunderful" day as Eddie Sutton use to say. Everything was wunderful to Eddie.

130868507_4145032962180512_3595972949405543698_n.jpg

I saw somewhere they are doing a remake of what is probably still one of my top five TV shows, The Honeymooners. I guess nothing with a possible Buck attached to it can be left alone in America.

But can you imagine Hollywood’s take on Ralph Kramden today? In episode one he’ll be arrested as an abusive spouse. Then Alice will announce she is “transitioning” to Alex. Ralph will reflect on all his bad behavior, realize it is because he is secretly Gay and in love with Norton, and they will quit their blue collar jobs and open a florist shop in newly chic Brooklyn. Alex - formerly Alice - will get elected to Congress and marry Trixie. They’ll adopt five illegal immigrant teenagers and the show will morph into a modern version of the Brady Bunch. Ralph and Ed will move into a spare room as the wise and funny “Gay uncles” who keep the family in flowers and baked goods.

I hope I’m kidding but would not be surprised.
Funny you mentioned The Honeymooners which happened to be my Dad's favorite TV show and certainly in my all time Top 5. True story. A church friend of mine had his college student granddaughter spend a week with him last summer and he had the DVD collection of the Honeymooners. He played an episode for her and she walked out of the room screaming and threatened to call the police. He told her this was a program in the 1950's and everybody on the show is dead. What are the police going to do? Her answer. Ban this for ever and take it out of the home of anyone who owns a copy.

So this is the mindset of some of our youth today. Just ban it and make speech a crime. I guess that is what they teach in some universities today. He told her she might want to go back to mama and daddy in Boston because he was getting ready to watch another episode. I like my friend's attitude.

Morning Legionnaires!

70° on tap for today with 15-25mph winds. Thunderstorms last night with a lot of rain saturated the ground around us. Tomorrow 80 as a high with light winds. Looks like a good kayak fishing morning tomorrow. Sun through Tuesday is expecting high 90s with a possibility of triple digit temperatures. Yeow.

What can you say about the Reds other than well...what the hell. Maybe we can borrow Jobu from the Indians.

Funny you mentioned The Honeymooners which happened to be my Dad's favorite TV show and certainly in my all time Top 5. True story. A church friend of mine had his college student granddaughter spend a week with him last summer and he had the DVD collection of the Honeymooners. He played an episode for her and she walked out of the room screaming and threatened to call the police. He told her this was a program in the 1950's and everybody on the show is dead. What are the police going to do? Her answer. Ban this for ever and take it out of the home of anyone who owns a copy.

So this is the mindset of some of our youth today. Just ban it and make speech a crime. I guess that is what they teach in some universities today. He told her she might want to go back to mama and daddy in Boston because he was getting ready to watch another episode. I like my friend's attitude.
That’s funny Sawnee, but also sad. What that anecdote describes is the world my son —who sees things pretty much the way the D-League does - is trying to navigate and survive. College has been basically a 4-year attempt at brainwashing and indoctrination into “Progressive America” which he has hated. Ah well. He’ll find his way.

"And this one DOES NOT belong to the Reds!" That's my battle cry, as a free dinner becomes more and more certain.

I bumped into the woman with whom I have this bet today and she says, "The Nats have lost five out of eight since we made the bet!" I couldn't stop laughing long enough to tell her the Reds had lost nine out of nine since we made the bet - now ten out of ten.

Good afternoon! Played golf today and had a moment of clarity. Swing smooth, not hard. Been trying for years and today I made it work for the last 9 holes. 4 under par for those holes. The distances for each club, including driver, were about the same. Difference comes from hitting the center of the face and not the heel or toe.

I want the Derby moved to the first Saturday in June. High is predicted to be 61° Saturday with a 50% chance of rain. I'm still going to watch, but it will be under protest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT