ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Do y'all remember the ice house that most every town in the South had. In town they had an ice truck delivery but we had to drive to it and get a big block of ice for our ice box. We did not have a refrigerator. When I had my own house it was one of the first things I bought.

But this place brings back good memories. Walking in that thing when it was 95 outside and no AC was a thrill for a little boy. I had never heard of AC when I was a boy

279016454_10227910339169422_2458022846531774876_n.jpg

Home for the day, I hope.

Won $50 on the weekly game. Had $20 in it. Profit.

Was just looking at new clubs in Middletown. $1500 for the set I want. I could have been a bowler, but noooo.

Filled the truck up again today. Got out of there at a smooth $75.00. It was a perfect pump and I didn't have a hand on it.

Cry about the things you can change. Laugh about the things you can't.

I'm growing a different hot pepper plant this year. Thai Dragon. The peppers turn up not down while growing. A hard-on as opposed to ED.

images

Bunch a Loretta Lynn types on this site. (Talking about the Coal Miners daughter movie when she was in the radio station interview and talking about Do eating balogna...) Ya'll are a bunch of Balogna eatin mugs...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F, cloudy and humid. Today's high topping out around 87°F.

Day 22: She's acting great. Loves chicken snacks. Took off like a bullet chasing a cat yesterday afternoon. We're heading to the vet at 11 am for blood test.

Happy Friday, y'all.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

shrimp.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F, cloudy and humid. Today's high topping out around 87°F.

Day 22: She's acting great. Loves chicken snacks. Took off like a bullet chasing a cat yesterday afternoon. We're heading to the vet at 11 am for blood test.

Happy Friday, y'all.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

shrimp.jpg

Good Morning, (Great to hear about your dog...)
I love's me some Shrimp's!!! Got to find some today. I kind of backed off them a bit when I considered they may have a gizzard a while back but I considered the mindset, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Yeah, that was it, I jumped on that bandwagon... (My story and I'm sticking to it.) 😁

Have a great day all....

Almost time for our SC trip. Actually excited...

Morning Legionnaires!

66° with 87° expected for a high with the normal 20-30mph winds gusting up to 35-40.

Going fishing tomorrow debating on bank or kayak depending on tomorrow mornings wind. Not much on tap for today, just some house cleaning after workout.

Enjoy the day folks and the weekend going forward. God Bless.

Morning Legionnaires!

66° with 87° expected for a high with the normal 20-30mph winds gusting up to 35-40.

Going fishing tomorrow debating on bank or kayak depending on tomorrow mornings wind. Not much on tap for today, just some house cleaning after workout.

Enjoy the day folks and the weekend going forward. God Bless.

Some seriously high winds...

Good Morning, (Great to hear about your dog...)
I love's me some Shrimp's!!! Got to find some today. I kind of backed off them a bit when I considered they may have a gizzard a while back but I considered the mindset, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Yeah, that was it, I jumped on that bandwagon... (My story and I'm sticking to it.) 😁

Have a great day all....

Almost time for our SC trip. Actually excited...
I am a shrimp lover too. We get them fresh off of the boat. Speaking of gizzards our local stores have been out of chicken gizzards and chicken liver for weeks and weeks. They just can't get them. Another supply chain problem I guess. Or maybe the new chickens since Biden became President refused to grow a gizzard or liver. I blame it on Putin.

Today is a work day as I have to do some serious work on my sprinkler system. Since digging a new well we have not had it doing right and today is the day I get down to what the problem is. I have 10 zones and might have to check all of them. That is not going to be fun. Our weather will be warm with 66° currently and we will hit 87° by this afternoon. Winds 7mph winds and lots of sunshine.

Take care all,

61.5°F and cloudy. We are supposed to get to 77°F and still no rain.

Good luck on fixing the sprinklers Sawnee. Things like that are a pain. I had similar problems a couple times when my well would get some sand in the water and they would clog the sprinklers. It would take a bunch of work to get it out. I got good at cleaning the little screens on my rainbirds.

Good morning, D, read Hebrews 12, I also went back and read 11, the faith chapter, love it!!!!

I have been detecting on one of my friends farm the past two days, I found a 1939 Mercury dime laying on top of the ground in a corn field in the middle of nowhere, pretty as the day it was made!!!! I always wonder how things get where they are, my only thought was maybe the farmer set down and it just fell out of his pocket. The other thing about the past two days is, I have found more than a hundred pieces of flint, flakes, chips, scrapers and some broken arrowheads. On this farm is where I found my first arrowhead, most in an area about 300'x50' I am anxious to what else is there, got hundreds of acres to hunt!!!!!

I hope the D has a great day!!!!

I am getting ready to head to the bank, they are having a meet and greet for Mrs. M today, it's her last day.

Starting a new chapter in our life, I just hope the title of it isn't "He just thought he was the Boss!!!!

Looking forward to her being home, I know the kids and grandkids will be, they already have her lined up to babysit!!!

Good morning! Been reading about golf clubs for the last hour or so. Looking to get something more suited to an old man than a young Tiger Woods.

My sprinkler system works fine. I think it came on earlier this morning. Sky looks like it could come on again at any time.

I'm still done with Dick Vitale. Have been for years.

Forgot to hit send.

Good morning, D, read Hebrews 12, I also went back and read 11, the faith chapter, love it!!!!

I have been detecting on one of my friends farm the past two days, I found a 1939 Mercury dime laying on top of the ground in a corn field in the middle of nowhere, pretty as the day it was made!!!! I always wonder how things get where they are, my only thought was maybe the farmer set down and it just fell out of his pocket. The other thing about the past two days is, I have found more than a hundred pieces of flint, flakes, chips, scrapers and some broken arrowheads. On this farm is where I found my first arrowhead, most in an area about 300'x50' I am anxious to what else is there, got hundreds of acres to hunt!!!!!

I hope the D has a great day!!!!

Whoa Sir I am drooling.... It'd be a real joy to be able to spend that time with you.... Have a great time!!!

Whoa Sir I am drooling.... It'd be a real joy to be able to spend that time with you.... Have a great time!!!
I wish you were close, would like to take you with me, my friend has some ground down on Green River also, can't wait to hunt it!!!!! My friend found a mortar and pestle on his farm!!!!! If I find some good stuff I'll ask Bert to post it for me!

Jai Lucas is going to duke U after all? He was the lead recruiter on Wallace and Collins right? Ouch ouch ouch....what is happening???
Not good. Duke is taking about anything they want from us and our program is not eating first. You know UK could match the salary of Lucas so it has to be something deeper. I guess he just wanted to be a part of their program more than he wanted to work for Calipari.

You are nailing life, Sawnee, with every post he doesn't understand
I am 78 years old and counting and would imagine he is a kid. Maybe 15 or so. But I can honestly say I would not trade my years for his. I have very few regrets in life and have been blessed more than I deserve. I like my life and have love from my friends and family. So they can hate on me until they are blue in the face. I am at peace

Sorry Jai Lucas is leaving. Sure feels like Calipari can't get a win these days - on or of the court.

I suspect Lucas feels like he was never going to be the Top Assistant at Kentucky once Cal brought Antigua back, and saw himself rising faster at Duke.

I doubt it has a giant impact on the program but it is yet another psychological blow to a program that needs a momentum boost right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT