ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Digital scale. That's the weight I try to maintain but I'm not always successful.

rotflcgu 😂🤣 Yeah at 5'11" (The Army never would give me 6'.) I try to maintain 190 but, uh, I have to go down through 220 and 210 and get back to 205 where I was at just at Thanksgiving this last year then my "family" decided to partake of LARGE cakes and pies this past Christmas season, get their slice and then leave them. Me being the one to never waste food I sliced my way back up near 230. I just teeter on 220 now. At night I am above 220 and in the morning I am below 220. (Yeah you learn when to check the weight.) I am trending in the right direction though BUT, I have a kingly choice of foods on a near daily if not daily basis and loving good food as I do, it is hard to drop drastically. I hovered near 205 for over five years too... Sigh...

Last edited:
Well, watching the Reds again and they are down 6-1 in the 5th. Hardly anyone in the stands.
So a woman at work today struck up a chat about how bad her baseball team, the Washington Nats, are, and I laughed that the Reds are truly wretched and yadda yadda, we ended up with a bet as to who would lose more: Nats or Reds. “Winner” gets an expensive dinner in October.

So, Go Reds! Lose them all!

So a woman at work today struck up a chat about how bad her baseball team, the Washington Nats, are, and I laughed that the Reds are truly wretched and yadda yadda, we ended up with a bet as to who would lose more: Nats or Reds. “Winner” gets an expensive dinner in October.

I do believe the Reds hold the worst record in the league thus far at 3-14

I do believe the Reds hold the worst record in the league thus far at 3-14

That's a shame. I lost interest in sports with my last bastion of sports release along with institutional love are the Kentucky Wildcats. I hope nothing else happens in that area that includes country as I will not flinch in choosing though it would sure hurt.

The only highlight so far tonight is that Phillip Diehl who pitched in the minors for the Redbirds was called up for tonight's game and came in the game for the 6th inning for his major league debut and has got 6 outs in a row. His family and friends are all in the stand because he is a Cincinnati native. They are the only ones cheering for the team. There are about 15 of them there.

I like this portal idea. I was originally against it even though I knew we would benefit from it more than the average school. I didn't like it because it removes a level of responsibility. Teach kids about consequences of decisions and what it means to take responsibility for the decisions they make.

Now I just want to win. Screw it. Give em steroids, hookers, and shoes. Let's admit that we just want the competition.

I like this portal idea. I was originally against it even though I knew we would benefit from it more than the average school. I didn't like it because it removes a level of responsibility. Teach kids about consequences of decisions and what it means to take responsibility for the decisions they make.

Now I just want to win. Screw it. Give em steroids, hookers, and shoes. Let's admit that we just want the competition.

A waffler you "ain't"!😅

Just give them shoeless hookers and be done with it.

ln4507-2.jpg

I am 5' 9" and 225 right now but, I carry it well. ;)
You have strong shoulders.

Yeah, I felt a bit bad taking advantage of the woman with the bet, but she insisted. And she can afford to buy me dinner. That said, the Nats are terrible too so it may be closer than you’d think given the Reds’ start.
Didn't you see the Seinfeld episode where Todd Gack bet women silly bets so he could take them to dinner?

Tasty!
Good morning, D, we are reading in Hebrew's read 9 this morning.

When we buy fresh sausage, I always pat me out 2-3 large patties just in case I get a hankering for a sausage burger, got that hankering for one this morning, dang it's good, mustard, pickle and onion!!!!!

I was cleaning out some drawers in the cabinets not long ago and found a stained glass cross that I had made, it was broken about an inch from the bottom, I called everybody I knew of that I had made one for and it wasn't anyone that I called, I repaired it and now it's hanging on a small wooden cross someone made for JP.

I want to thank each one of you that have prayed for us! Please continue praying!

We went to visit them Sunday and had a great visit, they had just got back from Lake Brashear arrowhead hunting, it was good to see them laughing!!!

Well Mrs. M has two and a wake-up left, Friday is her last day. She is beyond excited!!! She came home laughing Friday, she told me someone ask her how many days she had left, she said she told them 4 and a wake-up, he said Hey, that's a military term, she just said I know, said they both had a good laugh!!!!

I bought my last metal detector on April 13, 2020, it had a 2-year warranty on it, the 18th of April it quit working!!! I called Garrett company told them what happened, he told he take it apart send him the box, coil and headphone and he would see what they could do. I shipped it off on the 18th heading to Garland Texas, got in Texas on the 21st, when we go home Sunday the 24th there was a box on our porch, new detector parts in it, no charge!!!!! I can't even send something to Bert in that short of time!!!!! I have a new place to detect this week, my best friend was telling me he had found a 3 ring Civil War bullet on his property, he also says he has 3 graves on his property too, one of them was killed in the Civil War. He wants to go with me, he loves the history about his place, I love detecting, maybe I can find one of the things on my bucket list, a ringed bullet. I'll give the D a follow up on this trip.

I hope the D, has a great day and as always prayers for the D!!!!
Thank you as well!
Good morning! Tee time is 1127. It's 55° right now and supposed to get to 67°. I hope the wind doesn't blow like it did yesterday. I got chilled out pretty good and it was several hours before I warmed up.

Derby coming up next week. I wonder what the controversy will be this year? jjjjj

I'm one of the 3 people who are still holding on to hope that Sharpe will be suiting up for us this season. Forget the money and the fame, maybe dude just wants to experience a year of college life before he jumps into adulthood. Maybe.

I guess I'll mow the grass this afternoon, because, I have to. I'm not going to like it though, I'll tell you that!

Y'all come on back now, ya hear?
Sharpe is on the team till he say's he ain't. While I won't miss him if he never plays, I would prefer he stay for his sake.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 68°F and cloudy. Today's high predicted around 85°F.

Day 21: She's acting normal. Meet's me when alarm goes off. Full of energy. Hungry as usual. Totally eating dry food.

I'm heading into the office at 6:15 am. Keeping it short.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-BLUEBERRY-PIE-DAY-%E2%80%93-April-28.png

Morning Legionnaires!

81° on tap for today with moderate winds (20-25mph).

Testing my student for her green belt today around 1300. She is more than ready. She is getting tougher and tougher. She weight trains three nights a week with cardio added, Brazilian Jujitsu two nights a week, Karate (Shotokan, Kyokushin) midday twice a week, teaches gymnastics 5 days a week as a job and is taking a computer college course some where in there for business management or something like that since she works for her father at their gym. Busy.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 68°F and cloudy. Today's high predicted around 85°F.

Day 21: She's acting normal. Meet's me when alarm goes off. Full of energy. Hungry as usual. Totally eating dry food.

I'm heading into the office at 6:15 am. Keeping it short.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-BLUEBERRY-PIE-DAY-%E2%80%93-April-28.png

Probably sick of chicken, Nah, jk, real glad to hear all is going well for your Dog and you it seems.

Last edited:
Two cabooses.

The formation of the Family Lines happened in the early to mid 1970's. The caboose era ended after that, they basically were replaced by an electronic device. They shipped my little L&N ass to Jacksonville, FL in the summer of 1976.

To get back to Kentucky I had two options, go into sales at the Family Lines (Evansville District Sales Manager) or go to work for the Chessie system (C&O/B&O) in Cincinnati in their Auto group Marketing department. The Chessie offered me a 15% raise to go with them and then the Family Lines topped that with an additional 11%. That is how I got to Evansville!

Then two years later the merger of the Family Lines and Chessie (CSX) happened and my new Vice President was the guy that I said no to on the Cincinnati job. Woops! Things worked out but my butt got another raise but it was for a job in Sales in Houston, TX (a long way from Kentucky). From then on it was hanging on to a job as CSX went from 80,000+ employees to about 29,000 when I retired. I got a few more promotions but it was really dog eat dog and your job was safe usually for a week at a time. If you don't make your sales and marketing plan you could be fired on the spot. I survived.

Bottom line is I miss cabooses.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT