ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

buy the bit.......once you have a set of these bits you will wonder why you never pulled your wallet out earlier.......what's a C note...........
I'll have one soon. Wife wants me to make new doors for the kitchen cabinets.
Good morning D-League. Grinding away at the job.

You ever have the sensation of walking in to a room you have been in a thousand times before, and suddenly feeling like there is something unfamiliar, even strange about it? Sort of a reverse de-ja vu feeling? I got that walking into the office today. Weird feeling.

Anyway, it passed, and now its just another day in the 50-plus years I've been working since I got my first construction job at 15...Maybe that's what my brain is trying to tell me -- when it comes to work, Been There. Done That.

Hope it is a good day for all of you.
You had Vu-Ja De!

Thanks, As a part time gig I have my real estate license. The Company I work for is a good place to work. I dabble with a few deals here and there as I come across them. We mostly do our own deals but I work with a few as I come across those desiring assistance. (It gives us some ability to recoup expenses on a regular basis.)

Yes we were ready to pull the string about ten days ago but thought better of it due to one room not being as open as we'd like it. We have our eye on a retirement community 55+. Not rushing as it will need to be perfect.

That's the best way to do it. It'll show up soon.

Just an aside, a home up the street that was two stories (We are looking for no stairs.) was on the market for $599,900.00 it closed for $575,000.00. That reduction is unheard of here in this climate of buyers. It was a telling sale.

Any other issues with the home? That could be a sign, or they could've just way overpriced it. Hope it's the latter. People are better off pricing it right where the (true) comps put it and see where the market drives the price. Saw something similar here with a property. Listed at 132k. Sold with an offer of 135k multiple bidders. No appraisal contingency tho. Sold for 122k in the end. Just not enough comps at the time. Now 4 months later... comps are there. Crazy market for sure.

The home we were going to offer on was $525,000.00, we had decided if we offered to offer $531,000.00 Anxious to see what it actually sold for, it is supposed to close May 6th. (Kind of dumb in that regard for the buyer as they are paying almost a months worth of interest up front at closing and getting nothing in return. A small item but at least a couple grand less in closing costs of they'd have closed nearer the end if the month.)

Take care...

Won't have a payment due until July, though, so it all works out if you have the cash up front.

43e4b51d93868300d2e90e3891f40f48--funny-joke-quotes-funny-quote-pictures.jpg

That is hilarious!

Well, there were tons of grade schoolers at the wildlife center, so we didn't see any birds unless they were caged. Never heard that place so loud for a solid 4 hours or so. Gave up looking for birds (I could hear most of what we were looking to see, just couldn't get anywhere close to them. We could see them here, too. Just should have been more there, plus some other creatures we don't get to see.)

It was a good trip still.

May try to set up a quail habitat on our property or at least an area they'd be comfortable nesting. Don't know if there are any in the area. Saw our first wild turkey on our property in the last couple weeks. No others since we moved here, but it's a good sign.

Good night y'all

Good morning, D, we are reading in Hebrew's read 9 this morning.

When we buy fresh sausage, I always pat me out 2-3 large patties just in case I get a hankering for a sausage burger, got that hankering for one this morning, dang it's good, mustard, pickle and onion!!!!!

I was cleaning out some drawers in the cabinets not long ago and found a stained glass cross that I had made, it was broken about an inch from the bottom, I called everybody I knew of that I had made one for and it wasn't anyone that I called, I repaired it and now it's hanging on a small wooden cross someone made for JP.

I want to thank each one of you that have prayed for us! Please continue praying!

We went to visit them Sunday and had a great visit, they had just got back from Lake Brashear arrowhead hunting, it was good to see them laughing!!!

Well Mrs. M has two and a wake-up left, Friday is her last day. She is beyond excited!!! She came home laughing Friday, she told me someone ask her how many days she had left, she said she told them 4 and a wake-up, he said Hey, that's a military term, she just said I know, said they both had a good laugh!!!!

I bought my last metal detector on April 13, 2020, it had a 2-year warranty on it, the 18th of April it quit working!!! I called Garrett company told them what happened, he told he take it apart send him the box, coil and headphone and he would see what they could do. I shipped it off on the 18th heading to Garland Texas, got in Texas on the 21st, when we go home Sunday the 24th there was a box on our porch, new detector parts in it, no charge!!!!! I can't even send something to Bert in that short of time!!!!! I have a new place to detect this week, my best friend was telling me he had found a 3 ring Civil War bullet on his property, he also says he has 3 graves on his property too, one of them was killed in the Civil War. He wants to go with me, he loves the history about his place, I love detecting, maybe I can find one of the things on my bucket list, a ringed bullet. I'll give the D a follow up on this trip.

I hope the D, has a great day and as always prayers for the D!!!!

Sir, I love a hanker! I really do! 😁 ;) (I call's it sassige.. I am due to buy a roll and fry it up with some over easy eggs and black coffee..)

Last edited:
That's the best way to do it. It'll show up soon.

Any other issues with the home? That could be a sign, or they could've just way overpriced it. Hope it's the latter. People are better off pricing it right where the (true) comps put it and see where the market drives the price. Saw something similar here with a property. Listed at 132k. Sold with an offer of 135k multiple bidders. No appraisal contingency tho. Sold for 122k in the end. Just not enough comps at the time. Now 4 months later... comps are there. Crazy market for sure.

Won't have a payment due until July, though, so it all works out if you have the cash up front.

Yeah but the accrual of non-required interest is key. That is just lost dough. You could state it is rent but for 7 days difference you are paying another months payment, interest, or whatever.

On the home I mentioned it wasn't over-priced, if anything the one we were considering was over priced. (I forget the exact price per square foot but the house we were looking at was like $242.00 per sq. ft. while the house that sold was at something like $197.00 per square foot. The construction quality was near the same.

Yeah this market is stupid. I just got back from showing a Client who is moving here for work (From Tampa actually) a property that was listed for lease at $5500.00 a month. Just the smell test to me I told my Client it was a grand less or at least near it.

They are waiting to hear on a property they already applied for they like a lot better but it is a lot smaller but is in the Old Towne area more near MdW55's stomping ground. It is a Condo that is owned by two Marines (Husband and wife) with a small child who got orders.

Anyway we shall see. I am really worried about finding an E-7 a place where he wants to be for the price he wants to pay, for him and his family. (I hope it works out for him. I will give it the Army try for sure.)

Yeah but the accrual of non-required interest is key. That is just lost dough. You could state it is rent but for 7 days difference you are paying another months payment, interest, or whatever.

On the home I mentioned it wasn't over-priced, if anything the one we were considering was over priced. (I forget the exact price per square foot but the house we were looking at was like $242.00 per sq. ft. while the house that sold was at something like $197.00 per square foot. The construction quality was near the same.

Yeah this market is stupid. I just got back from showing a Client who is moving here for work (From Tampa actually) a property that was listed for lease at $5500.00 a month. Just the smell test to me I told my Client it was a grand less or at least near it.

They are waiting to hear on a property they already applied for they like a lot better but it is a lot smaller but is in the Old Towne area more near MdW55's stomping ground. It is a Condo that is owned by two Marines (Husband and wife) with a small child who got orders.

Anyway we shall see. I am really worried about finding an E-7 a place where he wants to be for the price he wants to pay, for him and his family. (I hope it works out for him. I will give it the Army try for sure.)

Will be praying for a great outcome for them and you.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 59°F and mostly cloudy. Today's high expected around 81°F. Received a little more rain yesterday morning. Nice.

Day 20: Good appetite, happy and somewhat mischievous. We're pretty much back to normal. She just looked up at me with the "we wanna go outside" look.

Local news discussing "Project Connect", a $10 billion transit project located primarily downtown. Price doubled since voting a couple years ago because of inflation. Crazy.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-DEVIL-DOG-DAY-%E2%80%93-April-27.png

Good Morning all,
When I woke up this morning, I heard a disturbing sound.... I said,...

Nah, I woke up easy this morning and am thankful. Just thought about the Blues Brothers and the Reverend, I was playing with ripping some movies yesterday and that was one of them.

Have a great day and be a difference-maker for someone.

Good morning, D-League!

Feels like 40° outside and I need medical care. Lol. Strained a rib muscle or two and am in pain. Wonder if it's from a deep dive into the beasts of Daniel and the Revelation to John? You know, bears with ribs in their mouths and such. Gonna be a fun day.

I hope yall are doing much better on this hump day than I. May God bless each and every one of you!

Good morning, D-League!

Feels like 40° outside and I need medical care. Lol. Strained a rib muscle or two and am in pain. Wonder if it's from a deep dive into the beasts of Daniel and the Revelation to John? You know, bears with ribs in their mouths and such. Gonna be a fun day.

I hope yall are doing much better on this hump day than I. May God bless each and every one of you!

Girth,
I am with you on the ribs. I am having a bout with my recurring rib pain as well. (Where the derned Mutt of my daughters caused me to break a rib nearing three years ago now. I don't know how that dog is doing now but I don't wish him bad, just glad he is gone.) I put my back brace on as it seems to hold my ribs in place better and takes off some pressure.

Morning Legionnaires!

51° this morning with a high of 75° expected. Should be a couple of nice days going forward. Saturday is supposed to be one of our nicer days this week so...fishing.

Wife ask me last night what I was doing Saturday and I said fishing. She said that her mother and brother (who have not been here since Christmas) want to come over Saturday. I said, "Ok I will take a bit longer at my fishing holes". She gave me one of those looks. Still, I did not waver. Last time they were here my wife and her mother got in a more intense argument than normal. After they argue her mother generally joins me in the living room and starts asking me questions and bothering me on all kinds of subjects (que doctor Smith "The pain, The pain). My wife likes that because it gives her a chance to visit with her brother. My daughter goes into the computer room and stays away from her grandmother. She has never really been close to my daughter. She usually talks about her grandkids in Florida and Arizona bragging on their accomplishments which also pisses my wife off.

COME ON BASS, TAKE ME AWAY!

I am going to barge in to your house one day and require your Darling cook for me. You would not hurt an old man! 😁 That looks good.
I would not be surprised if @BBUK wife is not the Chief Chef at one of Washington DC's finest restaurant. She is a world class cook. And I bet it tastes better than it looks and it sure looks mighty fine.

Who needs the food channel when you have the D League

Good morning D-League. Beautiful day in the east. I’d take this weather 24/7/365.

Free lunch today as we Pat ourselves on the back for some recent perceived accomplishments. Way past caring about such things but not too cynical to enjoy a free sandwich and a couple fresh baked cookies.

I have a feeling we’re a few days from getting good news via the transfer portal for the basketball Cats. Would love the kid from South Dakota to join the band.

Hope it’s a good day for all.

Morning Legionnaires!

51° this morning with a high of 75° expected. Should be a couple of nice days going forward. Saturday is supposed to be one of our nicer days this week so...fishing.

Wife ask me last night what I was doing Saturday and I said fishing. She said that her mother and brother (who have not been here since Christmas) want to come over Saturday. I said, "Ok I will take a bit longer at my fishing holes". She gave me one of those looks. Still, I did not waver. Last time they were here my wife and her mother got in a more intense argument than normal. After they argue her mother generally joins me in the living room and starts asking me questions and bothering me on all kinds of subjects (que doctor Smith "The pain, The pain). My wife likes that because it gives her a chance to visit with her brother. My daughter goes into the computer room and stays away from her grandmother. She has never really been close to my daughter. She usually talks about her grandkids in Florida and Arizona bragging on their accomplishments which also pisses my wife off.

COME ON BASS, TAKE ME AWAY!

Praying for Bass weather! You might need to stay at a cabin rigjt by the lake to make sure you get there early enough!

I would not be surprised if @BBUK wife is not the Chief Chef at one of Washington DC's finest restaurant. She is a world class cook. And I bet it tastes better than it looks and it sure looks mighty fine.

Who needs the food channel when you have the D League

Sirs,
Thank you...

I'd use a term that John Wayne used in "The Comancheros" "God Given Lucky" but that wouldn't do justice to what I have and feel for my Darling... She is so much more than a good cook BUT, she sure can cook. I tell her all she has to do is stick her finger in the food and all is good.

The cooking is only part of it but in my teens all I ever wanted was a family. I earnestly told the Lord then, I'd be different if he gave me a family. The Lord did that, and I was, but oh how I failed in many areas. The Lord has still honored and showered me with blessings because of his grace. I like to think back to David and what God promised him because of what was in David's heart. God has honored me and if he took it all away today all I could say is Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Oh, we have our turmoil and our crosses to bear as my three children all are parents without spouses, each for different reasons. My Darling and I love, hurt, care, and pray deeply for our children and grandchildren. The blessings still flow...

"Because I know whom I have believed in and am persuaded that he is able, to keep that which I've committed, unto him against that day!"

Good morning D-League. Beautiful day in the east. I’d take this weather 24/7/365.

Free lunch today as we Pat ourselves on the back for some recent perceived accomplishments. Way past caring about such things but not too cynical to enjoy a free sandwich and a couple fresh baked cookies.

I have a feeling we’re a few days from getting good news via the transfer portal for the basketball Cats. Would love the kid from South Dakota to join the band.

I laugh about that as I remember those days in my building. We had people making 170k annually and all they did was walk up and down the halls looking for free food. It was a joke to many but it was and still is sad to me as taxpayer dough is so wasted in DC and the government.

The free food made me chuckle though as one man I knew in particular used to stop by my office and grab a cup of coffee about twice a week and then invite me to take a walk with him. Every once in a while I would to stretch my legs and introduce myself to new people. This guy knew exactly where to go to get free food. Every time.

He got his coffee from me and told me once he was paying me back though I didn't care as he brought his own cup and I'd not turn down giving anyone a cup of coffee if I had it. He'd take me to the party with the food and "pay" me back by giving me other peoples food.

The thing about DC is, I was around all those money-making people knowing that if you loaned them five dollars, they'd cheat you out of it. It is their way of life...(For a bunch, not all.)

Sirs,
Thank you...

I'd use a term that John Wayne used in "The Comancheros" "God Given Lucky" but that wouldn't do justice to what I have and feel for my Darling... She is so much more than a good cook BUT, she sure can cook. I tell her all she has to do is stick her finger in the food and all is good.

The cooking is only part of it but in my teens all I ever wanted was a family. I earnestly told the Lord then, I'd be different if he gave me a family. The Lord did that, and I was, but oh how I failed in many areas. The Lord has still honored and showered me with blessings because of his grace. I like to think back to David and what God promised him because of what was in David's heart. God has honored me and if he took it all away today all I could say is Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Oh, we have our turmoil and our crosses to bear as my three children all are parents without spouses, each for different reasons. My Darling and I love, hurt, care, and pray deeply for our children and grandchildren. The blessings still flow...

"Because I know whom I have believed in and am persuaded that he is able, to keep that which I've committed, unto him against that day!"
What a beautiful testimony @BBUK

I laugh about that as I remember those days in my building. We had people making 170k annually and all they did was walk up and down the halls looking for free food. It was a joke to many but it was and still is sad to me as taxpayer dough is so wasted in DC and the government.

The free food made me chuckle though as one man I knew in particular used to stop by my office and grab a cup of coffee about twice a week and then invite me to take a walk with him. Every once in a while I would to stretch my legs and introduce myself to new people. This guy knew exactly where to go to get free food. Every time.

He got his coffee from me and told me once he was paying me back though I didn't care as he brought his own cup and I'd not turn down giving anyone a cup of coffee if I had it. He'd take me to the party with the food and "pay" me back by giving me other peoples food.

The thing about DC is, I was around all those money-making people knowing that if you loaned them five dollars, they'd cheat you out of it. It is their way of life...(For a bunch, not all.)
Re gov waste. I worked at a gov plant for 12 years. It was run on a cost plus basis. In other words, if it cost the company running it 100 dollars to run it, they were guaranteed 100 dollars plus X% profit. Every few years major companies bid on the contract to run it. Obviously it leads to much needless spending. The more you spend, the more you make.

Good morning! Tee time is 1127. It's 55° right now and supposed to get to 67°. I hope the wind doesn't blow like it did yesterday. I got chilled out pretty good and it was several hours before I warmed up.

Derby coming up next week. I wonder what the controversy will be this year?

I'm one of the 3 people who are still holding on to hope that Sharpe will be suiting up for us this season. Forget the money and the fame, maybe dude just wants to experience a year of college life before he jumps into adulthood. Maybe.

I guess I'll mow the grass this afternoon, because, I have to. I'm not going to like it though, I'll tell you that!

Y'all come on back now, ya hear?

And she had covid at 116 !!
That's ridiculous! At that age she should know better.

Yesterday morning when I woke up, I knew it would be a rough day at the course. I had worked two shifts in the workshop the previous days and it hurts me to be out there that long. All the twisting and squatting and just being on my feet that long take quite a toll on me. Throw in that I'm in the middle of a very bad RA episode, and you end up with the 88 I shot yesterday.

This morning I felt much better. The weather was beautiful and the wind was just a minor breeze. Shot 76 today.

That nun is not only the oldest person on Earth, odds are, she's the toughest too! You gotta be tough to get old. "It ain't for everybody". Sorry about the Cal joke but I still find a little humor in his bullshit.

For those of you who may not know, I am a guy! I do guy things, I have guy thoughts. That being said, my wife just asked me to wait to come in the kitchen while she fed the cats. What the hell? I was after a cold beer in the fridge. She might as well have asked me to lop off a pinky finger or something.

Like the old saying says...can't live with em, can't live with em.

I'd love it if Baylor committed to the Cats but he's got a long line of colleges after him. Broome is still on the table but it's looking more and more like Auburn for the big guy. Reeves was good news though. Good shooter and the Cats need shooters next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT