ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning! Sun is shining bright on my old Kentucky home this morning. I had been watching the future forecasts from a couple of sources and I told my friend yesterday that the system would peter out before it got here today. I'm forecasting a dry day.

Gonna make some piddler mall runs today. Might hit 3 in a big loop that brings me home again.

If I don't finish the cabinet today, then it will be tomorrow at the latest. I'm on it.

Ole Amby.... Ambidextrous....

I remember on trips I'd make while on leave in the Army while at Fort Bragg or the long weekends I had this Toyota corolla liftback SR5 I drove everywhere. My left arm tanned while I would drive there, and one of my friends driving back allowed me to tan my right arm.

Had a manual transmission Tercel SR5 a long long time ago that I just loved. Little car, but I could fit a LOT in that hatchback, or just through the window that opened separately.

Morning Legionnaires!

A few of years ago the governor of Oklahoma (Mary Fallon then) signed a bill requiring anyone installing a wind turbine for personal use to be charged a onetime fee (not determined yet) to offset the loss for the power companies. The power companies said that it was only fair since they would lose money on the deal in the long run.

What? I don't pay Chevy anything when I buy a Ford even though Chevy is going to lose money on the deal in the long run... Wonder how much the power companies paid for that legislation

Good afternoon, D-League!

Finished some installation projects on a house we're flipping. Only a couple left to do before we put it on the market. Hopefully we don't miss out on some of the recent gains because interest rates have shot up.

Got to mow 2 properties before the rain hits. Have a good un!

Good afternoon, D-League!

Finished some installation projects on a house we're flipping. Only a couple left to do before we put it on the market. Hopefully we don't miss out on some of the recent gains because interest rates have shot up.

Got to mow 2 properties before the rain hits. Have a good un!

The rates seem to have come back down a little. No way to gauge what happens now... Just too much Communism...

We are looking for a house too. Heading to South Carolina Saturday to check-out tenants we have had in there since 2017. They seemed good but we shall see. Then meeting the new management rep Monday..... We shall see.....

Edit: My Darling told me to throw some crab traps in the car. 😍 🥰

Last edited:
279069599_10159972611566952_2070525306069402503_n.jpg

My sex life is awesome right now. Ah, the memories!

Old school 502 or go to the back of the bus.

Got most of the cabinet done today. Need to go back and get a couple more pieces of trim due to a midstream design change. You'll get that from time to time on the big projects that have no blueprint or material list.
I relish a design build.........

That is some serious funny. Johnny Carson was a distant memory to me except for being able to watch him on youtube. He had some serious skills.

You all have a great day doing whatever it is you do. Take ownership! Ownership has it's benefits!
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Carson & Dad were shipmates in WWII. Carson was an ensign. Dad a warrant officer. Don't think they knew each other with a battleship crew of 1200.

I remember Carson well & highly enjoyed him.

@awf I have had a good time this afternoon watching Mockingbirds dive bomb a hawk in the back yard. The hawk penned a squirrel to the ground and was preparing to fly away with the squirrel. But several mocking birds started dive bombing the hawks head and would not let up. Finally the hawk just had enough and took off in the air with mockingbirds in pursuit. They were very aggressive. I captured this on a video about a year ago but didn't have my cell phone with me this afternoon. These little fellers are fighters in protecting their nest. That ole' hawk was a big boy. I have seen them go after an osprey or two.

Speaking of which, we live on the "Nature Coast" with miles of protected habitat. Unfortunately sometimes nature does not protect each other. How about a bobcat in an osprey nest.

279061860_1737481993260800_5357225880455679026_n.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Carson & Dad were shipmates in WWII. Carson was an ensign. Dad a warrant officer. Don't think they knew each other with a battleship crew of 1200.

I remember Carson well & highly enjoyed him.
Wow! Interesting.

Carson set the bar high. He had a hell of a team too. Ed McMahon, Doc Severinsen, Tommy Newsom, etc..

Last edited:
Ripoff of Who's on First, but great anyway. 👍
We're talking about Johnny Carson. It was an homage.

Did not get the cabinet done. All I have left to do is to hang the doors, which shouldn't be too hard, but I decided to go with English hinges. I've got a drill press and forstner bits, but there is still a lot of thinking involved. It's looking too good to slap some crooked doors on it.

I do have to make a raised face door for the top shelf. Shouldn't have too much trouble with that. I've already got the wood and I've watched a video. I'll have to use my table saw to make all the cuts. I've got 2 router tables and a whole bunch of different bits, but I'm not paying $100 for one bit just to make raised face cabinet doors.

Still haven't decided how I'm going to finish it. Might just spray paint the whole thing white.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 60°F and cloudy. Received lots of needed rain yesterday. Cooled us off. Today's high expected around 74°F.

Day 19: great appetite, active. She likes chasing bullfrogs. Quickly put a lid on that attempt after envisioning her foaming at the mouth.

Month is nearly over. Heading back into the office on Thursday. Looking at two days/week in the office later this year.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-PRETZEL-DAY-%E2%80%93-April-26.png

Good morning, D-League!

Hoping for a good, dry day today. Gonna go bird-spotting with a wonderful young lady (though I'm not sure what colored paint to take with me, nor how we're supposed to put spots on the birds). Long brushes, too.

Also taking some febreeze, as I've heard there's now a musky scent when they tweet...

It's 50 here in the lil holler. Guess we get spring for another few days. Hope it's a good day for everyone here

The rates seem to have come back down a little. No way to gauge what happens now... Just too much Communism...

We are looking for a house too. Heading to South Carolina Saturday to check-out tenants we have had in there since 2017. They seemed good but we shall see. Then meeting the new management rep Monday..... We shall see.....

Edit: My Darling told me to throw some crab traps in the car. 😍 🥰

Hope you find exactly what you're looking for. The rate scare may help you with that. Rates are almost back to what they were when I was in that business.

Hope you find exactly what you're looking for. The rate scare may help you with that. Rates are almost back to what they were when I was in that business.

Thanks, As a part time gig I have my real estate license. The Company I work for is a good place to work. I dabble with a few deals here and there as I come across them. We mostly do our own deals but I work with a few as I come across those desiring assistance. (It gives us some ability to recoup expenses on a regular basis.)

Yes we were ready to pull the string about ten days ago but thought better of it due to one room not being as open as we'd like it. We have our eye on a retirement community 55+. Not rushing as it will need to be perfect.

Just an aside, a home up the street that was two stories (We are looking for no stairs.) was on the market for $599,900.00 it closed for $575,000.00. That reduction is unheard of here in this climate of buyers. It was a telling sale. The home we were going to offer on was $525,000.00, we had decided if we offered to offer $531,000.00 Anxious to see what it actually sold for, it is supposed to close May 6th. (Kind of dumb in that regard for the buyer as they are paying almost a months worth of interest up front at closing and getting nothing in return. A small item but at least a couple grand less in closing costs of they'd have closed nearer the end if the month.)

Take care...

Last edited:
We're talking about Johnny Carson. It was an homage.

Did not get the cabinet done. All I have left to do is to hang the doors, which shouldn't be too hard, but I decided to go with English hinges. I've got a drill press and forstner bits, but there is still a lot of thinking involved. It's looking too good to slap some crooked doors on it.

I do have to make a raised face door for the top shelf. Shouldn't have too much trouble with that. I've already got the wood and I've watched a video. I'll have to use my table saw to make all the cuts. I've got 2 router tables and a whole bunch of different bits, but I'm not paying $100 for one bit just to make raised face cabinet doors.

Still haven't decided how I'm going to finish it. Might just spray paint the whole thing white.
buy the bit.......once you have a set of these bits you will wonder why you never pulled your wallet out earlier.......what's a C note...........

Man, I think I have my leadership worrying about me.

In a meeting it came up about being an expert. It came up to where I interjected that we do not have to be experts, just very good. I want an expert Brain Surgeon but, in our line I will take very good with a great work ethic. I gave them pause anyway, not knowing their thinking but I am thinking they probably are patting themselves on the back for being experts when in actuality they are full of themselves and subpar at best. (Won't go into more detail but I was having a good time taking them down a rabbit hole.)

The work ethic is the key but most are missing that now... :(

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Grinding away at the job.

You ever have the sensation of walking in to a room you have been in a thousand times before, and suddenly feeling like there is something unfamiliar, even strange about it? Sort of a reverse de-ja vu feeling? I got that walking into the office today. Weird feeling.

Anyway, it passed, and now its just another day in the 50-plus years I've been working since I got my first construction job at 15...Maybe that's what my brain is trying to tell me -- when it comes to work, Been There. Done That.

Hope it is a good day for all of you.

Some of my Darlings creations.... The fried variety and the steamed variety. My Darling made the skins on the fried variety but bought the skins on the steamed ones pictured here. She was upset that the skins were not good.

267613685_5171296622883876_8722778156868115967_n.jpg

278942274_5591814380832096_939090783242506091_n.jpg

I love the steamed variety with my Darlings skins as they are not as good with the premade skins BUT, they are eatable ;)

Man what a day, I have the most wonderful smell of Beef Jerky drying in my home... Just a wonderful smell...

Have a great day (again) ;)

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Grinding away at the job.

You ever have the sensation of walking in to a room you have been in a thousand times before, and suddenly feeling like there is something unfamiliar, even strange about it? Sort of a reverse de-ja vu feeling? I got that walking into the office today. Weird feeling.

Anyway, it passed, and now its just another day in the 50-plus years I've been working since I got my first construction job at 15...Maybe that's what my brain is trying to tell me -- when it comes to work, Been There. Done That.

Hope it is a good day for all of you.

I'm with you MdW55,

I used to crawl under houses for a living for 20 or so years. I prepared and changed my work habitat/ environment as I saw you kind of did but in different lines of work.

One of my go to statements when talking with the people I manage is, yeah you work as hard as you can work and still sit in a chair. (You and others understand that but I have some working for me that cannot grasp the concept.) Have a very good day!

Good morning, D, we are reading in Hebrew's read 9 this morning.

When we buy fresh sausage, I always pat me out 2-3 large patties just in case I get a hankering for a sausage burger, got that hankering for one this morning, dang it's good, mustard, pickle and onion!!!!!

I was cleaning out some drawers in the cabinets not long ago and found a stained glass cross that I had made, it was broken about an inch from the bottom, I called everybody I knew of that I had made one for and it wasn't anyone that I called, I repaired it and now it's hanging on a small wooden cross someone made for JP.

I want to thank each one of you that have prayed for us! Please continue praying!

We went to visit them Sunday and had a great visit, they had just got back from Lake Brashear arrowhead hunting, it was good to see them laughing!!!

Well Mrs. M has two and a wake-up left, Friday is her last day. She is beyond excited!!! She came home laughing Friday, she told me someone ask her how many days she had left, she said she told them 4 and a wake-up, he said Hey, that's a military term, she just said I know, said they both had a good laugh!!!!

I bought my last metal detector on April 13, 2020, it had a 2-year warranty on it, the 18th of April it quit working!!! I called Garrett company told them what happened, he told he take it apart send him the box, coil and headphone and he would see what they could do. I shipped it off on the 18th heading to Garland Texas, got in Texas on the 21st, when we go home Sunday the 24th there was a box on our porch, new detector parts in it, no charge!!!!! I can't even send something to Bert in that short of time!!!!! I have a new place to detect this week, my best friend was telling me he had found a 3 ring Civil War bullet on his property, he also says he has 3 graves on his property too, one of them was killed in the Civil War. He wants to go with me, he loves the history about his place, I love detecting, maybe I can find one of the things on my bucket list, a ringed bullet. I'll give the D a follow up on this trip.

I hope the D, has a great day and as always prayers for the D!!!!

Man, I think I have my leadership worrying about me.

In a meeting it came up about being an expert. It came up to where I interjected that we do not have to be experts, just very good. I want an expert Brain Surgeon but, in our line I will take very good with a great work ethic. I gave them pause anyway, not knowing their thinking but I am thinking they probably are patting themselves on the back for being experts when in actuality they are full of themselves and subpar at best. (Won't go into more detail but I was having a good time taking them down a rabbit hole.)

The work ethic is the key but most are missing that now... :(
That is what kept me employed at CSX.

Some of my Darlings creations.... The fried variety and the steamed variety. My daring made the skins on the fried variety but bought the skins on the steamed ones pictured here. She was upset that the skins were not good.

267613685_5171296622883876_8722778156868115967_n.jpg

278942274_5591814380832096_939090783242506091_n.jpg

I love the steamed variety with my Darlings skins as they are not as good with the premade skins BUT, they are eatable ;)

Man what day, I have the most wonderful smell of Beef Jerky drying in my home... Just a wonderful smell...

Have a great day (again) ;)
I am going to barge in to your house one day and require your Darling cook for me. You would not hurt an old man! 😁 That looks good.

I am going to barge in to your house one day and require your Darling cook for me. You would not hurt an old man! 😁 That looks good.

Sir, you would not have to barge in, you are always and would always be welcome along with anyone you'd bring with you. As long as they fit in my home. ;) I have a real small back yard (Speaking of which it sure needs mowing...I will, I will...)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT