ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and cloudy. Heading to 87°F for our high. Chance for much-needed rain tomorrow.

Pup feeling good on Day 16. Voracious appetite. She woke me up wanting to eat. We're heading outside in just a few. So thankful she's still here and fairly normal.

Driving over to Bill Miller's BBQ on Burnet Road in a few for breakfast tacos + sweet tea for wife. Taking a walk later. Working on a few other projects.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

German+Beer+Day-min.jpg

There's plenty of blame to go around. My problem with Cal is that he refuses to change with the times. Similar to Denny Crum refusing to adapt to the 3-point rule. Let me state this for the record, I AM NOT A COACH. UK needs 3-point shooters and not just 1 or 2. The dribble drive is antiquated and easy to defend, just pack the lane. Use your bench and use your timeouts effectively. Zone is not a 4-letter word. Adapt to changes in defense by opposing teams. Centers don't always have to play with their back to the basket. And so on and so on.

Once upon a time Cal had the athletes to manhandle other teams. That time is no longer. Changes are needed. I've always been a Cal supporter but I've soured a bit. 2017 we got robbed by the refs but since then it's been disappointing. Kansas State, Auburn, 9-win year, St. Peters. Even the Covid year that could have been special had turmoil.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still positive. This year's team should be better than last if all the pieces fall into place. Hoping Cal pulls a UVA.

This is a point few are mentioning. If he graduated in May 2021 that gives him a full year to play at UK. So why didn't he?

We are in the Twilight Zone with this coach and this university. I always thought eligibility was one of the first things our athletic department looks at before they hand out scholarships. Now they are trying to convince us he was eligible all last year and I guess Sandy Bell and her staff knew it. They would have to know it if they got his high school transcript and a copy of his diploma. Or do they check these things on the basketball team? Maybe since we only expect them to stay one year no one gives a hoot. Just rubber stamp what Cal does with no questions asked.

I don't care what anyone says Calipari has pretty much ruined basketball for many UK fans. Oh the naive will hang on, the boosters who love the insides of the program will hang on but the everyday, go to work , pay your taxes and raise your family UK fan is finding something else to do. They are leaving more and more every day. I know because I have witnessed it in my family. A topic for another day.

But it is what it is. Some care, some don't.
This is pretty much where I am as well. I never thought for a minute that UK football would mean more to me than basketball, but here I am. I love how the football program just keeps building and becoming more exciting with each passing season. On the other hand, the basketball program has become stale and boring. Can things change, yes, will they, I doubt it.

You should, they put rails on yours.

Brudder, I ride the tops of the rails most times...when it means anything. ;)

Good morning all .. going to make a pan of biscuits. Then put some soap and water on a couple cars and rinse them off. Got to show a man a penthouse about 2.

The BB is asleep after staying up till about 11pm. We shall see what I can accomplish....after he wakes up... Have a great day all ..

I made a comment on a Twitter post about the Mike Tyson incident. All I said was, "If you're stupid enough to mess with Mike Tyson, you deserve to be punched. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes". They banned me for 12 hours over that, saying it was targeted harassment. No, it's called stating the truth. Of all the people to not start a fight with, Mike Tyson has to be at the top of most people's lists. Oh well, let's hope Elon Musk succeeds.

Good morning! Neck got sunburned from being outside all day yesterday. Felt good though. It'll be fine in a day or two.

Have to run a couple of errands this morning and then it's off to the workshop to work on a couple of projects

Thunder over Louisville tonight. If you see me there, please take me home. I've wandered off again.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and cloudy. Heading to 87°F for our high. Chance for much-needed rain tomorrow.

Pup feeling good on Day 16. Voracious appetite. She woke me up wanting to eat. We're heading outside in just a few. So thankful she's still here and fairly normal.

Driving over to Bill Miller's BBQ on Burnet Road in a few for breakfast tacos + sweet tea for wife. Taking a walk later. Working on a few other projects.

German+Beer+Day-min.jpg

Great to hear, (On your dog)

I am for Bill Millers most anytime. Ate the snot out of the brown bread and butter on their bar. Ate mostly the barbecue sandwich the last several times. The tea goes down well too... My Darling likes the tomato and other ingredients of that stuff on the bar as well. A real good place to eat. Fried chicken is great too but I mostly cut that out....

Enjoy...

Just thinking...the heaviest I ever was, I lived in SA......just got stupid fat....

Last edited:
Great to hear, I am for Bill Millers most anytime. Ate the snot out of the brown bread and butter on their bar. Ate mostly the barbecue sandwich the last several times. The tea goes down well too... My Darling likes the tomato and other ingredients of that stuff on the bar as well. A real good place to eat. Fried chicken is great too but I mostly cut that out....

Enjoy...

Just thinking...the heaviest I ever was, I lived in SA......just got stupid fat....
Thanks.

Ran into a major disappointment this morning. Our closest Bill Miller at 8103 Burnet Rd closed permanently. It had been open since the early 1970s. Unsure reason, although the surrounding neighborhood, where my wife grew up, had appreciated considerably in value. Many nearby homes now going for $700K-$1 M. The restaurant, itself, became rundown and somewhat trashy compared to other Bill Miller locations around ATX.

So, instead of driving up I-35 to the Wells Branch location, I visited Rudy's for breakfast tacos. Not bad.

Good morning! Neck got sunburned from being outside all day yesterday. Felt good though. It'll be fine in a day or two.

Have to run a couple of errands this morning and then it's off to the workshop to work on a couple of projects

Thunder over Louisville tonight. If you see me there, please take me home. I've wandered off again.

Ya redneck... Use some sun block...

Morning people of the D-League. You all have really been prolific the last couple days.

It is a sunny 75.0°F on our way to 82°F for a high. I will probably mow as my grass makes noise growing so fast!

On marriage: I have no exes. I got super lucky and stuck with the first one I married. It was a gamble as I was 20 years, 2 months and 5 days old. She was 18 years, 5 months and 20 days old. Come August 18 we will have completed 56 years together. I would not want it any other way. Hell she still tells me she loves me, of course I have bribe he with a refill of coffee or something!

I am trying to stay positive on Cal but I sure wish that he would consider changing some of his tactics as the dribble drive is not effective anymore.

You all have a good day.

Morning people of the D-League. You all have really been prolific the last couple days.

It is a sunny 75.0°F on our way to 82°F for a high. I will probably mow as my grass makes noise growing so fast!

On marriage: I have no exes. I got super lucky and stuck with the first one I married. It was a gamble as I was 20 years, 2 months and 5 days old. She was 18 years, 5 months and 20 days old. Come August 18 we will have completed 56 years together. I would not want it any other way. Hell she still tells me she loves me, of course I have bribe he with a refill of coffee or something!

I am trying to stay positive on Cal but I sure wish that he would consider changing some of his tactics as the dribble drive is not effective anymore.

You all have a good day.
Bert, you and I are dying breed with no ex. My wife was 20 years, 3 months and 11 days old when we married. I was 23. We are still under the same roof, sleep in the same bed and a few minutes ago she brought me a plate of beef fajitas, so maybe she still cares.
A few day ago I was working in the yard and get into a bunch of deer ticks. Down here that means trouble, So I spent all morning spraying an acre of my yard with tick killer. I hope it works.

We have another Chamber of Commerce day so I just might call it day now and hit the pool. @BBUK, I have never bought a drop of sun screen in my life. Or used it but I do recommend it for those that need it. Skin cancer is a killer and it is not pretty. A dermatologist told me it is one of the most painful cancer.

German+Beer+Day-min.jpg
Have one Warsteiner left. Class 6 on Tuesday to restock. Usually drink one or two after cutting grass. Cut grass already this morning and the weather has been high 60's so, no need for the beer. Will drink it later.

Last edited:
Ya redneck... Use some sun block...
It never occurred to me to use any. I had just burnt the same area about 2 weeks ago or so. It could be a lot worse. I won't even feel it tomorrow.

Wife called while I was out and told me to bring food home. She wanted a chicken basket from Dairy Queen. I got a 4 piece and a 6 piece. $18.76. I'm sorry, but if I can train a monkey to do your job, then that is a minimum wage job. Might need a human for the cash register but chicken and fries? Monkey could do it and probably only get burned one time.

Talked to a couple of people at the golf course last night that had no idea Sharpe has maintained his eligibility. They thought he was officially gone. Not quite yet. If his plan at the beginning was as he said it was, then he hasn't lied to or taken advantage of anyone yet.

I can understand the reasoning if he wants to go. I can understand the reasoning if he decides to stay. I can't understand all the people dogging him out for doing what he thinks is best for himself.

Have you ever been SURE of something only to find out later you were wrong? Yes, you have. Everyone has.

Have one Warsteiner left. Class 6 on Tuesday to restock. Usually drink one or two after cutting grass. Cut grass already this morning and the weather has been high 60's so, no need for the beer. Will drink it later.
10-4 Keep us updated on the beer. I just bought 18 to take to the workshop. Haven't drank any of them yet. Some say, beer is the essence of life and the mother of us all. Can't fault em.

They're expecting a record breaking crowd today. 850,000 is the record from 2007. Not sure how exactly they measure a crowd that's so spread out but I'm sure they have their methods.

Going with updates on dogs, here is a picture taken a few minutes ago of the puppy who is now 1 year and a month old. The two breeds she is mixed with don't grow into full adults until a year and a half. She now weighs 103lbs. We expect at least 110lbs maybe more when fully grown. Size 11 crock in the picture for scale.

20220423-125439.jpg

Going with updates on dogs, here is a picture taken a few minutes ago of the puppy who is now 1 year and a month old. The two breeds she is mixed with don't grow into full adults until a year and a half. She now weighs 103lbs. We expect at least 110lbs maybe more when fully grown. Size 11 crock in the picture for scale.

20220423-125439.jpg
My folks used to have a Great Pyrenees who looked a lot like that. Now and then he'd leave them a present by the front door, usually a deer or coyote.

Bert, you and I are dying breed with no ex. My wife was 20 years, 3 months and 11 days old when we married. I was 23. We are still under the same roof, sleep in the same bed and a few minutes ago she brought me a plate of beef fajitas, so maybe she still cares.
A few day ago I was working in the yard and get into a bunch of deer ticks. Down here that means trouble, So I spent all morning spraying an acre of my yard with tick killer. I hope it works.

We have another Chamber of Commerce day so I just might call it day now and hit the pool. @BBUK, I have never bought a drop of sun screen in my life. Or used it but I do recommend it for those that need it. Skin cancer is a killer and it is not pretty. A dermatologist told me it is one of the most painful cancer.
Wife 22, Rooster was 30. No X for me caught her on a bounce. Probably Berts cousin. Her ex leaving this world long ago. Glad I was 2000 miles away from that animal. Barely enough and I wasn't searching for a ticket.
It never occurred to me to use any. I had just burnt the same area about 2 weeks ago or so. It could be a lot worse. I won't even feel it tomorrow.

Wife called while I was out and told me to bring food home. She wanted a chicken basket from Dairy Queen. I got a 4 piece and a 6 piece. $18.76. I'm sorry, but if I can train a monkey to do your job, then that is a minimum wage job. Might need a human for the cash register but chicken and fries? Monkey could do it and probably only get burned one time.

Talked to a couple of people at the golf course last night that had no idea Sharpe has maintained his eligibility. They thought he was officially gone. Not quite yet. If his plan at the beginning was as he said it was, then he hasn't lied to or taken advantage of anyone yet.

I can understand the reasoning if he wants to go. I can understand the reasoning if he decides to stay. I can't understand all the people dogging him out for doing what he thinks is best for himself.

Have you ever been SURE of something only to find out later you were wrong? Yes, you have. Everyone has.
I tan up every summer. Left arm darkens 1st in spring. I use a little sunscreen to protect my nose & chapstick for my lips. A flip flop stripe rocks inside my Chippewas.

Basketball viewpoint at this instant. Shaedon seems to be surrounded by subsidized parasites. He's getting rich but at what cost. The basketball problem is symbolic of the cost of neglect facing society. The problem that we see trickling thru JC is the result one should expect of administrative leadership that has failed, for whatever reason, to come to grips with the sublime nature of basketball in Kentucky culture. The raging yellow river they smell cascading is from boiling fans who understand the vulnerability of humans to seductive deception then angered by, what they beleive, are BS complexities used to justify and conceal the honesty of truth. This doesn't increase the entertainment values much.​

Last edited:
They're expecting a record breaking crowd today. 850,000 is the record from 2007. Not sure how exactly they measure a crowd that's so spread out but I'm sure they have their methods.
I don't know either. Maybe it's something like 2 people per square meter or something. That would be packed pretty tight. I was there in 2007. I used to go back in those days and enjoyed it. That was before the powers that be decided they could get people out of the city better than people just using the traffic lights and lanes that are already in place to allow lots of people to move about at the same time every day.

Friend came over today to play workshop with me. We fixed his cat tree that he brought by about a month ago. I had forgot all about it. We cut the pieces that I'm going to use to build a cabinet. 6 feet tall with 3 sets of doors. The doors were an afterthought, but I think I've figured out how to use them.

Nothing I build ever turns out to be as easy as I thought it would when I thought of it.

Friend came over today to play workshop with me. We fixed his cat tree that he brought by about a month ago. I had forgot all about it. We cut the pieces that I'm going to use to build a cabinet. 6 feet tall with 3 sets of doors. The doors were an afterthought, but I think I've figured out how to use them.

Nothing I build ever turns out to be as easy as I thought it would when I thought of it.
Sorta like a simple plumbing repair.

I don't know either. Maybe it's something like 2 people per square meter or something. That would be packed pretty tight. I was there in 2007. I used to go back in those days and enjoyed it. That was before the powers that be decided they could get people out of the city better than people just using the traffic lights and lanes that are already in place to allow lots of people to move about at the same time every day.
Last time we attended (years ago) it took us over 1/2 hour just to get out of our parking space.

Yes Sir,
As all knew, it as a perfect time to mess with 31. (I look for the chance(s).)

Yeah my Brother who is one week shy of being ten years older than me has been dealing with skin cancer for a while. His corporate jet pilot days came with a cost. (Being above the clouds for 33 years took it's toll.) My brother has grown some facial hair to help himself though he always wore a mustache. Seeing my brother for the first time since about 2016 kind of hurt me. My Brother is a good 6 or 7 inches shorter than I am but he has always been my big brother. (I've always been and always will be his little brother.)

I really hurt for him as I see some signs his fights are taking it's toll on him. (Still has plenty of gas left from my observation but it's something I guess only a brother can tell.). His mind is sharp but his body is failing him in several ways. (This guy, a guy that Chuck Norris threw down for knocking a guy out in a tournament many moons ago.)

Saw my sister too but her downfall has been her own decision-making. Her life has been in turmoil for a lot of years but she seems to be above it all with her actions.

We all have our crosses to bear... God Bless you...

Last edited:

Oh another Red Neck, Sir.... Who'd a thunk it.....

(Yeah I can see the stiches on a curve..) 😁

Me, well, uh, my children used to call me big red for many years after a vacation at Dauphin Islands back as they were growing up...

Wife 22, Rooster was 30. No X for me caught her on a bounce. Probably Berts cousin. Her ex leaving this world long ago. Glad I was 2000 miles away from that animal. Barely enough and I wasn't searching for a ticket.

I tan up every summer. Left arm darkens 1st in spring. I use a little sunscreen to protect my nose & chapstick for my lips. A flip flop stripe rocks inside my Chippewas.

Basketball viewpoint at this instant. Shaedon seems to be surrounded by subsidized parasites. He's getting rich but at what cost. The basketball problem is symbolic of the cost of neglect facing society. The problem that we see trickling thru JC is the result one should expect of administrative leadership that has failed, for whatever reason, to come to grips with the sublime nature of basketball in Kentucky culture. The raging yellow river they smell cascading is from boiling fans who understand the vulnerability of humans to seductive deception then angered by, what they beleive, are BS complexities used to justify and conceal the honesty of truth. This doesn't increase the entertainment values much.​

Ole Amby.... Ambidextrous....

I remember on trips I'd make while on leave in the Army while at Fort Bragg or the long weekends I had this Toyota corolla liftback SR5 I drove everywhere. My left arm tanned while I would drive there, and one of my friends driving back allowed me to tan my right arm.

Just received a tornado warning for our area until 2100. Apparently, one was spotted. We were having heavy rain and wind up until about 15 minutes ago then no wind or rain just dark clouds. I went outside to gauge the possibility of it being in our area but could not see one.

Just received a tornado warning for our area until 2100. Apparently, one was spotted. We were having heavy rain and wind up until about 15 minutes ago then no wind or rain just dark clouds. I went outside to gauge the possibility of it being in our area but could not see one.
Good luck buddy! I guess that same system will roll through here in a day or two.

20220423-125439.jpg

Glad you are feeding her... ;)

Wasn't there. Could have been living in Seattle at the time. How about the traffic after Thunder tonight. A complete cluster f.
We stopped watching shortly after it was over. Has to be screwed up, democrats run that city. Not only do they have the traffic from the people who attend, they have traffic backed up for miles by having the interstates shut down for an hour.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT