ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I'm gonna lay a bet down (unofficially, and of no dollar value) that Sharpe either is proven to have not graduated last May but "too late to do anything about it," or the NBA CBA declares him ineligible for the draft for whatever reason and he transfers to another school anyway because the fans here have been a little over the top about his not playing (which makes the fans even more ballistic).

This program has started to resemble the keystone cops. Wouldn't it be funny if the coach was from Pennsylvania? (The answer is "no," it would not be funny.)

I am not a Cal fan, but I very rarely post on RR and I try and keep the negative from basketball or politics off the D League. I don't want to come in some one's home and pee on their carpet. Full disclosure, I am a moderator on a small site (Dynasty Defenders).

I apologize for bringing a lot of that here. I think I've done too much of that, and I'm sorry.

I cannot express in words how much I adore my Darling... No way I deserve her.... Only God, with his mercy and grace would provide me what I have....
I understand and you know I might have a different take and I do. I will not disagree in any way that an unanswered prayer is often a blessing in disguise. Most folks don't know what they need or want. Being an ape, I feel I had Elk power and could love many. Being human, I know to make a decision and choose. When I met my wife I was old enough to know that there were many more women available than I could possibly need. The men who raised me made sure I'd know marriage is best a disctplined decision. I was attracted to the one on a rebound, who chased the others away, flipped burgers all day toting a 4 year old to and from the baby sitter. Then did not trust me for 10 years. And that was after her mother told her I was a saint. That wasn't true but was able to confirm the rumored royal roots of the my paternal Papaw being a catholic descendant of their families and he made sure I learned those lessons he had without ever mentioning the sources. I was on my own to figure out the truth and expected to share/discuss it with the family. Now those were some interesting discussions. Not bad lessons for a Long Run Babdist to know with most of the family being protestant.​
I've been nursing a lower back injury since Tuesday. Lower back pain is a pain. Please feel free to quote me. I'm like uncle Joe, I'm movin' kinda slow at the junction.
Astronaut-uniform-at-NASA-Kennedy-Space-Center-Double-Barrelled-Travel.jpeg

Lie on floor resting legs on couch or ottoman to stretch & rest lower back.

Last edited:
You know, I missed the smell of spring until recently. All it was in the city was mowed lawns and more car exhaust as traffic got 3 times worse. We lived in a city when I was a kid, but there were farms and nature preserves close by. The smell of the fields was different, and the woods and pastures seemed to soak up and drown out the noise of traffic back then. It didn't take long to change of course, but by the time it did, my life had too.

I was caught up in the stuff that didn't matter, and all I paid attention to from there were sunsets now and then for many years. Now that we're back out in the countryside, I remember the sights, sounds, and smells of my grandmother's farm in the country. Everything was different there. Hard work, but a steady pace.

Wish I could've spent more time there with her and her husband (that I only knew as Grandpa back then) and their horses. Our family busted up pretty good over the years once she lost the farm. Formalities remained until me and my cousins left home. Now I can't even get my brothers to visit me no matter how many times I've visited them.

At least I have the countryside and a good woman, good family, and God as my father.

I've been nursing a lower back injury since Tuesday. Lower back pain is a pain. Please feel free to quote me. I'm like uncle Joe, I'm movin' kinda slow at the junction.

I've been to see all kinds of docs about mine over the years. Best thing I did was find a great MT that knows PT, and can work knots out, help me stretch, and figure out what I've done that got me in such bad shape to need him. Also found a Chiro that doesn't pop my back, but tries instead to educate me to get it back in shape slowly. I used to spend days on my back just 10 years ago because of injuries I suffered in my teens and early 20s.

I never knew that how you sit and on what was so dang important until I turned 40. Now I have to watch how I stand and how I walk, what shoes I wear, and how I sleep. I'm considering a full body cast (padded of course) in which to get my nightly rest

I love those trains. They are the ultimate tool. No superfluous bullshit, just pure function. Kind of like a lathe. The only machine capable of reproducing itself.
Urgent headline-

"Capitol police arrest terrorist trying to destroy Congress with homemade explosive device...." Capitol police refused to comment on the "ongoing investigation" but ensured members of the royal family Congress that such an insurrection would be punished to the fullest extent of the law and then some.

iu

Here is a picture of the alleged assailant in the act. It is expected the Russian will be jailed for 10 years with all the video games and candy he can stand, at taxpayer expense of course, until his trial, (since his parents are conservative), and the man will receive honorary degrees and a Senate post upon his indoctrination release from maximum security prison.

It is rumored that he mentioned trying "to hit Ukraine" with his next attempt, which is why his sentence was doubled by Pelosi and Biden prosecutors from 5 years, but was not tripled because the device had origins in China.

Other than the fact that "he was wearing that Russian red hoodie, and acting like he belonged here in a public place," said Capitol police officer Will "Coyote" Edwards, "..no one else would have suspected his true intentions, but we were onto him from the first week he tried to launch the device. Then we waited until we could catch him in the act."

"Bystanders noticed the SWAT van a half mile from the park with a flat tire, but no one would give us a lift," said one team member, "or else we'd have kept him from launching the other 5 devices."
Did you write that? I thought it was awesome and the best laugh I've had so far today. Thanks, regardless.
Needs to be asked to retire. Jay Wright was the only other guy in the college game I wanted to coach here for a while. He may have understood what the job meant. This guy doesn't. He's made some memories and won a title, though. I'm just not that into him anymore ;)
I think he still has it in him to succeed. I base that assumption on my belief that basketball is not rocket science. All the coaches know just as much about basketball as all the others.

Cal has had some setbacks on what he thought he would have. We have to forgive him for that. It's not Cal's fault that CJ tore his hamstring last year. It's not his fault if his best 3 point shooter misses 8 in a game.

On the other hand. I'm tired of hearing him talk. I would rather him remain quiet and be thought dumb, than to open his mouth and remove all doubt.
I've been retired for a year. I left government service with the 2020 election result. I knew that was coming if Trump lost. I understood that would be my best option when told I was informed that I needed to negotiate my opinions. Because of the politically imposed travel mask mandate, I'm a psuedo-prisoner in a home based lock-down on the edge of civilization. However, no longer being a government investigator, I haven't put on a mask since I the last time I went to work to turn in the paperwork.

I'll wait to hear from Shaeden.
I appreciate you. You're one of those guys that makes me want to ask you questions.
I am not a Cal fan, but I very rarely post on RR and I try and keep the negative from basketball or politics off the D League. I don't want to come in some one's home and pee on their carpet. Full disclosure, I am a moderator on a small site (Dynasty Defenders).
You're not in someone's home here. You are in YOU're home. Bitch about Cal all you want.
I'm guessing Cal ears are burning pretty good right now.
If you could see him in his kitchen, I bet his tongue is burning hotter than his ears. Cal ain't normal people.
That shows some real discipline because in today's society discernment seems to be lost and much of it caused by political pride. Your disclosure is fine. I've been thinking about making more noise. Maybe the Political Board, I've friends there who understand my take, thanks to the D.

Ducks Unlimited.
phil-robertson.jpg
You can make more noise right here if you want to, pal. I'll argue with you about anything you want. You choose the side and I'll take the other. It will be like wrestling in the mud with a pig. After a while you'll understand, the pig likes it.
No I remember but I thought you stayed on as a part-timer, consultant. I must be thinking about somebody else.
I forgot why I quoted this.

Did you write that? I thought it was awesome and the best laugh I've had so far today. Thanks, regardless.

Got it from a friend that still watches the news sometimes. He watches it for the sheer hilarity/hypocrisy of it all and to give his local friends a hard time without them knowing it. He wrote it after seeing the Capitol evac because of the baseball flyover

I think he still has it in him to succeed. I base that assumption on my belief that basketball is not rocket science. All the coaches know just as much about basketball as all the others.

Cal has had some setbacks on what he thought he would have. We have to forgive him for that. It's not Cal's fault that CJ tore his hamstring last year. It's not his fault if his best 3 point shooter misses 8 in a game.

On the other hand. I'm tired of hearing him talk. I would rather him remain quiet and be thought dumb, than to open his mouth and remove all doubt.

Agreed 100%

Ask and ye shall receive:

I can understand taking 10 million. I've thought about it long and hard. Before Oscar I would have for sure. Now I'm not so sure. If I'm going to make what 100/200 million playing ball. I'd spend as much time as possible serving with Oscar, knowing I'll get 20 million next year. I'd do what is correct with no regrets then receive the blessing or not. My choice would be setting the example and having faith. Now that's easy for me because I'm been trying to get into heaven for some 70 years now and continue to make no regret decisions.

I love those trains. They are the ultimate tool. No superfluous bullshit, just pure function. Kind of like a lathe. The only machine capable of reproducing itself.

I appreciate you. You're one of those guys that makes me want to ask you questions.

You're not in someone's home here. You are in YOU're home. Bitch about Cal all you want.

If you could see him in his kitchen, I bet his tongue is burning hotter than his ears. Cal ain't normal people.

You can make more noise right here if you want to, pal. I'll argue with you about anything you want. You choose the side and I'll take the other. It will be like wrestling in the mud with a pig. After a while you'll understand, the pig likes it.

I forgot why I quoted this.
Re basketball not rocket science. Different sport, but Vince Lombardi said, "Guys who can draw up plays are a dime a dozen." His meaning was motivation and gathering your team are more important. You can hire guys that can draw up plays.

About ex-wives, mine told my sons I was one of the devil's demons. I was picking them up for one of my weekends and before they came out to me, she stopped them and prayed that the Lord keep them safe from me not knowing I heard her, and I later ask them what that was all about, and they said she told them I was evil.

So, I can tell you mine hates me.

I will make this statement; I have interacted with some of you for years. I have talked to one of you personally. I have worked a transaction with one of you, not knowing you other than from enjoying you on this site. Heck I am in some way related to one of you as a cousin or previous in law once or twice removed. Some of you know of my family at one time or another. Several of you know my name.

One thing I do know is I consider most of you good friends. If you know or knew me at all I do not use those words lightly. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things but to me it is extremely comforting to know I have good friends (At least in my part of the equation.). Thank you!

Just know, I will be messing with you tomorrow... 😁 😍

Last edited:
My wife doesn't post here, but I'll take the time to say she surely agrees with you.

I've never played bridge. I would like to learn.

Well, first you find a short bridge and take a longer walk on it..... Uh, or is that... well you will figure it out, that is as close as I can get to explaining bridge. Tonk, Spades, I can play those....

About ex-wives, mine told my sons I was one of the devil's demons. I was picking them up for one of my weekends and before they came out to me, she stopped them and prayed that the Lord keep them safe from me not knowing I heard her, and I later ask them what that was all about, and they said she told them I was evil.

How would she know?
IhKD.gif

I can understand taking 10 million. I've thought about it long and hard. Before Oscar I would have for sure. Now I'm not so sure. If I'm going to make what 100/200 million playing ball. I'd spend as much time as possible serving with Oscar, knowing I'll get 20 million next year. I'd do what is correct with no regrets then receive the blessing or not. My choice would be setting the example and having faith. Now that's easy for me because I'm been trying to get into heaven for some 70 years now and continue to make no regret decisions.
I was telling my wife earlier that maybe Oscar and Shaedon have come to an agreement. Oscar will help Sharpe be the number 1 pick, and Sharpe gets them to take Oscar as a package deal. Dreaming is so cool because there are no limits.
Re basketball not rocket science. Different sport, but Vince Lombardi said, "Guys who can draw up plays are a dime a dozen." His meaning was motivation and gathering your team are more important. You can hire guys that can draw up plays.
Glad I grew up in the days of Vince Lombardi and Bud Grant. Men were men then and they had never heard of, nor thought of, political correctness. They were allowed to be pragmatic.

I've been to see all kinds of docs about mine over the years. Best thing I did was find a great MT that knows PT, and can work knots out, help me stretch, and figure out what I've done that got me in such bad shape to need him. Also found a Chiro that doesn't pop my back, but tries instead to educate me to get it back in shape slowly. I used to spend days on my back just 10 years ago because of injuries I suffered in my teens and early 20s.

I never knew that how you sit and on what was so dang important until I turned 40. Now I have to watch how I stand and how I walk, what shoes I wear, and how I sleep. I'm considering a full body cast (padded of course) in which to get my nightly rest
Thanks! Abuse of back and knees have caught up with me. I've always stayed in pretty good shape but that doesn't always matter. Little things over time are the culprit. Hopefully it'll pass (again) but if not then it's off to the doc.

Mine, too.

Not you, but me. She hates me. Always really sweet to my face though. Especially if drunk. But when I'm not there she's got some really good lies to tell. I forgave the lies, so now it's between her and our Creator to sort out. But if you ever want a good story...

I was telling my wife earlier that maybe Oscar and Shaedon have come to an agreement. Oscar will help Sharpe be the number 1 pick, and Sharpe gets them to take Oscar as a package deal. Dreaming is so cool because there are no limits.
Dream limitations seem somewhat associated with our visual memory experiences. The subconscious mind does appear without the limits of reality permitting the imagination outside the box discovering alternative solutions to worldly problems. I can imagine Oscar playing with the likes of Sharpe and Dillingham, hard to fathom but would be most enjoyable as a UK basketball fan. I do know I purchase the Cable and SEC Network Sports option solely for the entertain value of Kentucky Football & Basketball. I can confirm it's really lost much of it's allure and no longer represents family values of the Kentucky people and faces a problem not unlike that of Disney. This is not solely Calipari problem. He's made mistakes. He's not the athletic director nor the Governor. There's plenty of blame to share. What I don't want to see is anyone singled out as a scapegoat for poor response to the unprecedented societal confusion where the lunatics in control seem unable to discern fact from fantasy.​

Last edited:
Thanks! Abuse of back and knees have caught up with me. I've always stayed in pretty good shape but that doesn't always matter. Little things over time are the culprit. Hopefully it'll pass (again) but if not then it's off to the doc.

MT - massage therapist
PT - physical therapist

MT is a friend of a friend. Works wonders over at CORE Chiro in Hamburg, now. His name is Mike. I don't go there for chiro because they DO pop your spine.

Dream limitations seem somewhat associated with our visual memory experiences. The subconscious mind does appear without the limits of reality permitting the imagination outside the box discovering alternative solutions to worldly problems. I can imagine Oscar playing with the likes of Sharpe and Dillingham, hard to fathom but would be most enjoyable as a UK basketball fan. I do know I purchase the Cable and SEC Network Sports option solely for the entertain value of Kentucky Football & Basketball. I can confirm it's really lost much of it's allure and no longer represents family values of the Kentucky people and faces a problem not unlike that of Disney. This is not solely Calipari problem. He's made mistakes. He's not the athletic director nor the Governor. There's plenty of blame to share. What I don't want to see is anyone singled out as a scapegoat for poor response to the unprecedented societal confusion where the lunatics in control seem unable to discern fact from fantasy.​
There's plenty of blame to go around. My problem with Cal is that he refuses to change with the times. Similar to Denny Crum refusing to adapt to the 3-point rule. Let me state this for the record, I AM NOT A COACH. UK needs 3-point shooters and not just 1 or 2. The dribble drive is antiquated and easy to defend, just pack the lane. Use your bench and use your timeouts effectively. Zone is not a 4-letter word. Adapt to changes in defense by opposing teams. Centers don't always have to play with their back to the basket. And so on and so on.

Once upon a time Cal had the athletes to manhandle other teams. That time is no longer. Changes are needed. I've always been a Cal supporter but I've soured a bit. 2017 we got robbed by the refs but since then it's been disappointing. Kansas State, Auburn, 9-win year, St. Peters. Even the Covid year that could have been special had turmoil.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still positive. This year's team should be better than last if all the pieces fall into place. Hoping Cal pulls a UVA.

Last edited:
My dreams are pretty mundane most of the time. I rarely recognize anyone in my dreams.

I agree. He has made mistakes. His biggest mistake is not respecting the position as far as it relates to lifelong fans. He has told us our feelings do not matter to him and the standards and traditions we hold dear are meaningless.

If he wants to hold that opinion, then he needs to hide it behind a whole lot more winning.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and cloudy. Occasional drizzle. Clearing later for a high around 86°F.

Day 15 and our appetite is still solid. No messes. Pooping well. Loves boiled chicken. Wife said yesterday she called her twice to eat and she just stayed by the door waiting on me.

Local news announced 10 drownings happened last year out on nearby Lake Travis. Deputies were engaged in recovery operations for 9 consecutive weeks. Yikes!

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

5696549_orig.jpg

Good Morning all,
And I was just trying to figure out what color of socks to wear. Just went with black...

Just returned from taking my daughter to the airport heading to SA. (DCA, have to pick her up at Dulles). She is attending the wedding of some high school and afterward friends who are getting married though the prospective husband was recently found to have terminal cancer. A really sad situation. My darling and I didn't mind our daughter taking this trip. Keep their family in prayer please...

We all have our crosses to bear...

God Bless you all...

Last edited:
Whoa, that is a treasure. I'd sure like to digitize some DVD's for you... ;)

I have a bunch of, if not most of what I have in a format I can play online. I probably have at least 150 movies. The stuff I like but I am no where near where I want to be as I want to create MP4 format for all the movies I have as that greatly reduces the size of the files.

For instance, I have The Expendables 3 on part of my screen now and can watch it in between the work I am doing. (My employer gets much more than I take.) Of course I have my computer setup right next to my work computer so I really do not have to move other than to twist a little in my chair...
I probably need to get into the digital age but I just might be too old to fool with it. I have a treasure collection of DVD's and CD's in addition to a wealth of vinyls and even some old .45's.

But I have no idea how to do what you are referring to and wouldn't know what an MP4 was if it crawled across my desk. But I can fry up a mess of fish.

There's plenty of blame to go around. My problem with Cal is that he refuses to change with the times. Similar to Denny Crum refusing to adapt to the 3-point rule. Let me state this for the record, I AM NOT A COACH. UK needs 3-point shooters and not just 1 or 2. The dribble drive is antiquated and easy to defend, just pack the lane. Use your bench and use your timeouts effectively. Zone is not a 4-letter word. Adapt to changes in defense by opposing teams. Centers don't always have to play with their back to the basket. And so on and so on.

Once upon a time Cal had the athletes to manhandle other teams. That time is no longer. Changes are needed. I've always been a Cal supporter but I've soured a bit. 2017 we got robbed by the refs but since then it's been disappointing. Kansas State, Auburn, 9-win year, St. Peters. Even the Covid year that could have been special had turmoil.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still positive. This year's team should be better than last if all the pieces fall into place. Hoping Cal pulls a UVA.

bubba-gump-thats-about-it.gif

I probably need to get into the digital age but I just might be too old to fool with it. I have a treasure collection of DVD's and CD's in addition to a wealth of vinyls and even some old .45's.

But I have no idea how to do what you are referring to and wouldn't know what an MP4 was if it crawled across my desk. But I can fry up a mess of fish.

Ha, I'd take'em in trade!

Ha, I'd take'em in trade!
Seriously, I really need to downsize. I have CD's and DVD's in boxes in my garage and I doubt I will use them again. I have a select favorites that I play often. I always have several in my truck. Often you will see me about 25 miles from nowhere, windows rolled down and stereo speakers at full blast rolling down the road and just for fun blowing my railroad air horns with the pedal to the floor.

FREEDOM I cry FREEDOM

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT