ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Seriously, I really need to downsize. I have CD's and DVDE's in boxes in my garage and I doubt I will use them again. I have a select favorites that I play often. I always have several in my truck. Often you will see me about 25 miles from nowhere, windows rolled down and stereo speakers at full blast rolling down the road and just for fun blowing my railroad air horns with the pedal to the floor.

FREEDOM I cry FREEDOM

If you'd ship them I'd convert them for you. Would pay the shipping or at least part of it as well once I knew the amount you were talking about. I'd put them all on a thumb drive or two or three or whatever it took for you and send them back to you. Even an external hard drive if you preferred. (I'd have to wait to see the size of storage required.) It sounds like you'd have some good stuff. (My fee, I may keep a copy of the ones I like...)

I was able to convert VCR tapes as well but I broke my VCR and I haven't repaired it yet.

You don't have to send them all at once. Send some to see the result. Whatever you decide. It is just a hobby for me as I like the older movies and such.

Last edited:
Cal got taken for a ride by that family and Shaedon's school, that much is clear.

Screw them, and screw him. I hope he flops. For once, I don't blame Cal. This kid and his "handlers' pulled a fast one, and I hope it comes back to bite them. He could have played the entire year, and the only reason not to is that he was not confident enough in his abilitities to hang onto a lottery pick slot.

Cal got taken for a ride by that family and Shaedon's school, that much is clear.

Screw them, and screw him. I hope he flops.

Not so sure I can believe Cal was duped.

I had a policeman one time tell me. "If you commit a crime, we will catch you." A normal criminal commits a crime occasionally. We as police officers do this all day every day. We will catch you." He also caveated by saying; "There are exceptions but very few exceptions."

Cal does this type stuff all day every day. I have a hard time thinking he can be duped. May have been willingly duped but that is my caveat. ;)

If you'd ship them I'd convert them for you. Would pay the shipping or at least part of it as well once I knew the amount you were talking about. I'd put them all on a thumb drive or two or three or whatever it took for you and send them back to you. Even an external hard drive if you preferred. (I'd have to wait to see the size of storage required.) It sounds like you'd have some good stuff. (My fee, I may keep a copy of the ones I like...)

I was able to convert VCR tapes as well but I broke my VCR and I haven't repaired it yet.

You don't have to send them all at once. Send some to see the result. Whatever you decide. It is just a hobby for me as I like the older movies and such.
That is very kind of you. Let's talk about it and work out the details.

I could send a few items in a small box and see how it works out. I have a lot of older movies, many that have been banned by the PC crowd that own the copyrights. Disney, CBS and others. I managed to get my copy from Japan. A few are old standards with Bing Crosby and folks of his generation. Movies like Song of the South, Dixie, Swannee River, Holiday Inn etc. Most are musical but cancel culture and the PC crowd see them as a threat to our American culture so they banned them.

Enough of that and thank you.

Screw them, and screw him. I hope he flops. For once, I don't blame Cal. This kid and his "handlers' pulled a fast one, and I hope it comes back to bite them. He could have played the entire year, and the only reason not to is that he was not confident enough in his abilitities to hang onto a lottery pick slot.
This is a point few are mentioning. If he graduated in May 2021 that gives him a full year to play at UK. So why didn't he?

We are in the Twilight Zone with this coach and this university. I always thought eligibility was one of the first things our athletic department looks at before they hand out scholarships. Now they are trying to convince us he was eligible all last year and I guess Sandy Bell and her staff knew it. They would have to know it if they got his high school transcript and a copy of his diploma. Or do they check these things on the basketball team? Maybe since we only expect them to stay one year no one gives a hoot. Just rubber stamp what Cal does with no questions asked.

I don't care what anyone says Calipari has pretty much ruined basketball for many UK fans. Oh the naive will hang on, the boosters who love the insides of the program will hang on but the everyday, go to work , pay your taxes and raise your family UK fan is finding something else to do. They are leaving more and more every day. I know because I have witnessed it in my family. A topic for another day.

But it is what it is. Some care, some don't.

That is very kind of you. Let's talk about it and work out the details.

I could send a few items in a small box and see how it works out. I have a lot of older movies, many that have been banned by the PC crowd that own the copyrights. Disney, CBS and others. I managed to get my copy from Japan. A few are old standards with Bing Crosby and folks of his generation. Movies like Song of the South, Dixie, Swannee River, Holiday Inn etc. Most are musical but cancel culture and the PC crowd see them as a threat to our American culture so they banned them.

Enough of that and thank you.
I've got both Song of the South and Holiday Inn. Has Holiday Inn been banned? I'm assuming it has to do with the black-face scene. God Lord.

I converted my entire collection (VHS, DVD and laserdisc) to MP4. Roughly 1,000 movies. I also converted all of my CDs to FLAC which is a lossless format. It's all stored on a network attached storage (NAS) drive. It's time consuming to do but well worth it. Backing up everything is crucial. My big mistake is that I didn't buy a powerful enough NAS to view/listen remotely. That can be easily corrected though.

Possible record high and sunny for Thunder Over Louisville tomorrow night. Perfect! No way am I fooling with that crowd. I'll just watch it on my big screen as usual.

225px-Thunder_Over_Louisville_2018.jpg

Good morning, D-League

3 hours of interrupted sleep. I'm a walking zombie right now. Head is barely attached.

Daughter's 15 week old puppy ate its nylon leash in about 15min last night. Couldn't get jt to spit it up, so we had to go to the emergency vet. Lots of fun.

Still on observation for a few days. I've got to help a friend remove an old set of french doors and install a new set. Hoping I don't do something painful from (larger than normal) lack of mental acuity

Hope you have a great day yall!

Mine, too.

Not you, but me. She hates me. Always really sweet to my face though. Especially if drunk. But when I'm not there she's got some really good lies to tell. I forgave the lies, so now it's between her and our Creator to sort out. But if you ever want a good story...
Yeah, I have a few stories too. Including one where I was contacted by the ex-wife of my ex-wife's new husband (one of the guys she cheated with which is why we got divorced) telling me of my ex's arrest for child abuse. She beat the son of her new husband (that woman's child) so bad he had bruises on his head, neck, legs, and testicles. She spent a night in jail for it. The boy's mother was warning me to ensure that it did not happen to my sons as well. I have a copy of the court record (compliments of that woman) which I showed to my ex after she continued telling my sons lies about me. I told her to stop the lying and they will not know. She was furious and started screaming that she will get me for that. Not long afterwards my sons told me that Jeff (her then husband) was going to Judo classes several times a week and was going to take me on in about 6 months. I started laughing and said, "What do you think boys, can he take me?" they said "No way dad, it won't even be close". At that time, I was training most nights and competing on weekends that I was off from the military.

He and I squared off a couple of times (if you could call it that) and she intervened telling him one time to get back in their truck and the other to get back in the house which he did.

Sometimes I wish... no, I would have probably wound up in jail. Below is me in those days. Check out my buddy in the background. No, not Bruce.

20190402-091218.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and cloudy. Occasional drizzle. Clearing later for a high around 86°F.

Day 15 and our appetite is still solid. No messes. Pooping well. Loves boiled chicken. Wife said yesterday she called her twice to eat and she just stayed by the door waiting on me.

Local news announced 10 drownings happened last year out on nearby Lake Travis. Deputies were engaged in recovery operations for 9 consecutive weeks. Yikes!

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

5696549_orig.jpg
Have had a big plastic container of those in the house since just before Easter. 3/4 of the way gone.

Who'da thunk, me and Ronald Reagan.

Yeah, I have a few stories too. Including one where I was contacted by the ex-wife of my ex-wife's new husband (one of the guys she cheated with which is why we got divorced) telling me of my ex's arrest for child abuse. She beat the son of her new husband (that woman's child) so bad he had bruises on his head, neck, legs, and testicles. She spent a night in jail for it. The boy's mother was warning me to ensure that it did not happen to my sons as well. I have a copy of the court record (compliments of that woman) which I showed to her after she continued telling my sons lies about me. I told her to stop the lying and they will not know. She was furious and started screaming that she will get me for that. Not long afterwards my sons told me that Jeff (her now husband) was going to Judo classes several times a week and was going to take me on in about 6 months. I started laughing and said, "What do you think boys, can he take me?" they said "No way dad, it won't even be close". At that time, I was training most nights and competing on weekends that I was off from the military.

He and I squared off a couple of times (if you could call it that) and she intervened telling him one time to get back in their truck and the other to get back in the house which he did.

Sometimes I wish... no, I would have probably wound up in jail. Below is me in those days. Check out my buddy in the background. No, not Bruce.

20190402-091218.jpg

That's why I wouldn't have children with my ex. God was good to me that I found things out early in the marriage as opposed to later. Expensive lesson that could have been much much much worse and for more people than just me. I was a fool and Jesus intervened

Good morning D-League. Another beautiful day in the east. Took a long hike to clear my head from work-anxiety dreams.

Sometimes I have to keep reminding myself that my kids are grown, I'm financially secure and I could walk away from work tomorrow if I didn't continue to get some satisfactions out of it, so it ain't worth stressing about.

Looking forward to a lovely spring weekend. I hope for the same for all of you.

Thanks! Abuse of back and knees have caught up with me. I've always stayed in pretty good shape but that doesn't always matter. Little things over time are the culprit. Hopefully it'll pass (again) but if not then it's off to the doc.
My right knee and hip are artificial. I need both on my left side but the operation was postponed in March of 2020 because of covid. I have not been in the mood to reschedule it because they will have to take the steel out of the leg as shown in the x-ray below. Plus both ankles are bone on bone also.

60475411_2204439169671655_7674254810102628352_n.jpg
60510513_2204439163004989_3210608214060040192_n.jpg

Possible record high and sunny for Thunder Over Louisville tomorrow night. Perfect! No way am I fooling with that crowd. I'll just watch it on my big screen as usual.

225px-Thunder_Over_Louisville_2018.jpg
I should be there watching with my twin cousin from his front porch in Jeffersonville. I'm his favorite democrat because he knows, being a patriot, I'm not about to vote for any democratic candidate for anything and haven't now for years, the last time being General Wesley Clark in a primary. The Clark Memorial Bridge is visible from his porch. The river too if you cross the street and walk about a block. There'll be a party, rain or shine. I remember shooting him once when I was about 13 or 14. (a ricochet). He ran up the flood wall with me chasing him, both of us hollering. Then he fell and rolled all the way to the bottom with me trying to stop him. Finally I caught him and ripped his shirt off and he had little more than a scratch. He looked at me with that silly little grin of his and said "That scared the shit out of you didn't it? He was right. I should have shot him with specific intent. He deserved it just for being a Hoosier. Six Mile can be seen from my family home where my sister's lives today home off River Road next to the Louisville Boat Club. Much better view from Kentucky side of things. I miss the Derby festivities and celebration. I miss the Belle's steam whistle salute to the Boat Club and hearing the Calliope music as it passes.

Last edited:
I should be there watching with my twin cousin from his front porch in Jeffersonville. I'm his favorite democrat because he knows, being a patriot, I'm not about to vote for any democratic candidate for anything and haven't now for years, the last time being General Wesley Clark in a primary. The Clark Memorial Bridge is visible from his porch. The river too if you cross the street and walk about a block. There'll be a party, rain or shine. I remember shooting him once when I was about 13 or 14. (a ricochet). He ran up the flood wall with me chasing him, both of us hollering. Then he fell and rolled all the way to the bottom with me trying to stop him. Finally I caught him and ripped his shirt off and he had little more than a scratch. He looked at me with that silly little grin of his and said "That scared the shit out of you didn't it? He was right. I should have shot him with specific intent. He deserved it just for being a Hoosier. Six Mile can be seen from my family home where my sister's lives today home off River Road next to the Louisville Boat Club. Much better view from Kentucky side of things. I miss the Derby festivities and celebration. I miss the Belle's fog horn salute to the Boat Club and hearing the Calliope music as it passes.

I thought "the calliope crashed to the ground".

My right knee and hip are artificial. I need both on my left side but the operation was postponed in March of 2020 because of covid. I have not been in the mood to reschedule it because they will have to take the steel out of the leg as shown in the x-ray below. Plus both ankles are bone on bone also.

60475411_2204439169671655_7674254810102628352_n.jpg
60510513_2204439163004989_3210608214060040192_n.jpg
You soon, I want to be there to watch.

Today is a big day for fishermen in our state. It is the start of Red Snapper season. It runs for the next 57 days. Some of the best salt water fishing you can do. And red snappers taste really good. Destin is a great place to do it.

278548318_569226527899593_1399344370690962753_n.jpg

Won't help us now Sir but my daughter is supposed to be booking us a place to stay in Destin in early July. (Yes I would)

Won't help us now Sir but my daughter is supposed to be booking us a place to stay in Destin in early July. (Yes I would)
There is always something to do in Destin. Back not too long ago Destin had a bridge and a bait shop at the bottom of the bridge. That was it. Notice the sugar white sand beach that went for miles with nobody on it. They call it progress.

R.5f2f90ffa7974491ef73b02e226c8afb

Been home for about an hour or so. Played golf from 1030 until 2100. A couple of down times but played about 42 holes. Highlight of the day was holing out from about 130 yards for a birdie on a par 4. I had to lay up because of a derelict drive.

I've got both Song of the South and Holiday Inn. Has Holiday Inn been banned? I'm assuming it has to do with the black-face scene. God Lord.

I converted my entire collection (VHS, DVD and laserdisc) to MP4. Roughly 1,000 movies. I also converted all of my CDs to FLAC which is a lossless format. It's all stored on a network attached storage (NAS) drive. It's time consuming to do but well worth it. Backing up everything is crucial. My big mistake is that I didn't buy a powerful enough NAS to view/listen remotely. That can be easily corrected though.
Have you considered using a PLEX with your NAS? It's really the only way to go.
Today is a big day for fishermen in our state. It is the start of Red Snapper season. It runs for the next 57 days. Some of the best salt water fishing you can do. And red snappers taste really good. Destin is a great place to do it.

278548318_569226527899593_1399344370690962753_n.jpg
1992 I went out on one of the fishing boats out of Destin. I went with a female and we were just going out to ride around for 10 hours. Neither of us wanted to fish. The people running the boat insisted we fish. Most of that had to do with the quality of female I took with me. The guys took a liking to her. Anyway, I caught too many red snappers and I gave them all away to the people who had paid to fish. We kept 2 fillets and I bought a charcoal grill and charcoal at Walmart and cooked em up at the motel. Good eats.
I love that dude! I reckon I've watched all of his videos. He's probably as authentic as Justin Wilson, but it's always a fun watch nonetheless.

Been home for about an hour or so. Played golf from 1030 until 2100. A couple of down times but played about 42 holes. Highlight of the day was holing out from about 130 yards for a birdie on a par 4. I had to lay up because of a derelict drive.

Have you considered using a PLEX with your NAS? It's really the only way to go.

1992 I went out on one of the fishing boats out of Destin. I went with a female and we were just going out to ride around for 10 hours. Neither of us wanted to fish. The people running the boat insisted we fish. Most of that had to do with the quality of female I took with me. The guys took a liking to her. Anyway, I caught too many red snappers and I gave them all away to the people who had paid to fish. We kept 2 fillets and I bought a charcoal grill and charcoal at Walmart and cooked em up at the motel. Good eats.

I love that dude! I reckon I've watched all of his videos. He's probably as authentic as Justin Wilson, but it's always a fun watch nonetheless.

You guys are regular computer guru's. I better watch my tone around you. ;)

I was so happy to see Desantis pimp slap Disney. I had no idea that they had that kind of deal in Florida. When I was young, every Sunday night the 4 of us would be together watching Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins and whichever show Disney was showing that night. Americana!

If Disney would have said at that time that chicks with dicks should be allowed to compete against actual women, I would have said "that doesn't make sense". That's because I didn't know how to cuss as proficiently as I do now.

The Charter Boat Captains want as many fish caught as possible because potential customers line the pier waiting for the boats to come in and check out their catch. If a boat comes in with little to show for a 1/2 day or full day of fishing the potential customer will go on down to the boat that has a large catch. It is a very competitive business.

Back in the 70's several Army buddies came down to visit me in Clearwater. A couple had their wives and a couple their girl friends. We were sitting outside one evening and one said they would like to go deep sea fishing. I told them they were in luck because it was King Mackerel season and that was some of the best fishing in the Gulf. So I chartered a boat and off we went.

A couple of the women (girls) had no interest in fishing, all they wanted to do was get plenty of sun on their bikini clad bodies to show their friends back in Michigan what a Florida tan looks like. So they lay there and the Captain got really upset. His thoughts were returning to the pier with a boat load of Kings so he could show off how good he was at finding fish. He did sell a lot of beer to the group, in fact he ran out. But we did catch some nice fish and had a feast when we got back to my house. They are some of the best eating you can find. These folks got a nice one that would feed everybody posting on the D.

kingfish.jpeg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT