ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Golf is not that hard really. All you have to do is hit the ball and make it go exactly where you want it to go. Doesn't get much easier than that. Icing on the cake is. the ball just sits there and WAITS for you to hit it!

You are playing softball with kids when you are 65 years old! Shut up about Disney and golf. We'd all give a left nut to be able to still do that.

I haven't been to any Disney since 1982. That was Disney Land. I ended up going to Disney World 10 times over the years and twice in a 2 week period.

I had good times there. Doubt I would enjoy it as much now.

I wouldn't go if it cost a dollar.

That is sooo good! Best part is, besides the outcome, is how fast all this transpired. Disney said eff you! Desantis said "eff me? No, eff you!"

He who laughs last...
Disney may end up losing 100's of millions of dollars over their arrogance. To bring them down here politicians back in the 1960's gave them free reign to pretty much act as their own county government. They were allowed to levy taxes on the property they owned which is more than 25,000 acres.

The land they bought had been prime cattle ranches and of course all of that disappeared. The locals got the shaft and the Disney Corporation got all of the benefits. Of course they created jobs but at what expense? Orlando went from a town of maybe 30,000 to God only knows how many million. Kissimmee went from a cattle stop with no red light in town to a metro suburb. 98% of the people living in Kissimmee still do not know how to pronounce the name. They are all newcomers. The natives moved away.

Disney created a monster for people living here and to see them taken down a peg or two is satisfying. Of course the damage they did over the past 50 years can not be undone. I live 50 miles away so a visit to the park is a day trip. I have not been since 1983. In the 1970's I would go once a month. I visited the first week it was open and it costs $10.00 if it cost a dime.

This is the very last picture my wife and I had taken at Disney World. It was before digital cameras as you can tell.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teR2qUZZH6w2M7GWotFdaTRkUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

Bourbon is flowing like wine here today. My wife attempted a passive/aggressive play when she got home. Something to do with me mentioning that everything she was telling me on the phone would be the same thing she told me when she got home. Pragmatism is a curse.

Anyway, I countered her attack with a passive/passive retort. As we're all aware, her passive/aggressive attempts only served to cancel each other out. Me, with a net positive of 2passive, prevailed due to, Math.

You know what they say about old people being over the hill? I literally took it to heart, as I was helping the wife trim some brush on a small hill, when I lost my footing and fell down it. I had a 1/2" or so diameter stick go into my lower leg about an 1 1/4" or so. Had to have it cleaned out, 4 stitches and a tetanus shot. Just glad it wasn't something worse.

Bourbon is flowing like wine here today. My wife attempted a passive/aggressive play when she got home. Something to do with me mentioning that everything she was telling me on the phone would be the same thing she told me when she got home. Pragmatism is a curse.

Anyway, I countered her attack with a passive/passive retort. As we're all aware, her passive/aggressive attempts only served to cancel each other out. Me, with a net positive of 2passive, prevailed due to, Math.
hot-warm.gif

Hello all,
Rise and shine!!! (You're late!!!)

Howdy-Do BB, you're sure dealing with a lotta doo doo. After lookin, I'm just too old for that much. Kind of like those foo fighters. I truly respect those warriors willing to sacrifice like that, but not sure about how to participate.

BTW: The retired Rooster watches the sunrise now.

Howdy-Do BB, you're sure dealing with a lotta doo doo. After lookin, I'm just too old for that much. Kind of like those foo fighters. I truly respect those warriors willing to sacrifice like that, but not sure about how to participate.

They are keeping me young(er) so far. (When I'm with them. Just finished a session of chasing them around our upstairs. (The BB and Little B.) (What a team they make...) I sat down but am feeling it.) They sure have a good time though which makes it worth it. My Grand daughter (2yrs) came up and hugged my arm at my chair just a few seconds ago and said. "My Papa". I said "Yes I am"... Nuff said...

Screw 'em. My last time was in 1993 and we stayed at the Grand Floridian. We got an invitation for afternoon tea at 4 PM. As much as we were paying I thought it would be free. Nope. $14 for a pot of tea. Extra for crumpets and digestives.

You know what they say about old people being over the hill? I literally took it to heart, as I was helping the wife trim some brush on a small hill, when I lost my footing and fell down it. I had a 1/2" or so diameter stick go into my lower leg about an 1 1/4" or so. Had to have it cleaned out, 4 stitches and a tetanus shot. Just glad it wasn't something worse.
This happened today? Heal quickly.

Congrats on retirement! Time to join the shuffleboard club.

So, the Hill stuck it to you. Politicians have been doing that to us for years.

I sold my Disney stock. It wasn't much but I feel better. I'm thinking about buying some Netflix stock just to sell it.

Made me remember I had some Disney stock once. Had it and something happened that caused Disney stock to raise a lot in a short time and I sold it very happily as it was stuck at a certain price for it seems a year at that time. I don't dabble much but am studying some now to see if it interests me. I think I had like 2000 shares or something at the time. The stock I think went up like $15.00 or something like that. Yeah. I am not much on Disney, Coke, Walmart, Amazon, Facebook, and a few others. I buy off brands if at all possible. Walmart is almost a necessity anymore as is Amazon but I don't pay no fee's just ensure I order enough to get free shipping.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and cloudy. Chance for rain later this morning. Today's high reaching 87°F.

Day 14 and all goes well. She ate good this morning. We're heading outside in just a few.

Back to the office. Heading out for a walk by 5 am. Return by 5:45 am. Leave here by 6:20 am in the truck. At the office by 7 am.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

april-21-is-national-chocolate-covered-cashews-day.jpg

I swiped this off RR. Any truth to it? I don't twit or tweet...

Speaking of basketball I see Jay Wright of Villanova retired.

He had six 30-win seasons and four appearances in the Final Four. He won half of them. 2016 and 2018. Since 2016, Villanova is 20-4 in the NCAA Tournament which may be one of the best records in college basketball. Have a great retirement Coach Wright.

Golf was interesting today. And brutal. The wind wasn't blowing at my house when I left and it gave me a false sense of security. Got there and it was blowing some, not much. By the time we got done it was blowing a steady 20 mph and I felt colder than I did when we started.

Still managed to pull off a stealthy 87 and only lost 2 balls. No, not those, warrior. wife took those years ago.
2281986.gif

Ole MD55 is in the mood today over on RR. I believe I will leave him alone. Thought I may mess with him but he seems in the zone... 😅 @MdWIldcat55
Haha. Well, there is a method to my madness, BBUK. I know there is lots of frustration with Calipari - rightfully so. I share that as I suspect all D-Leaguers do.

So my “aggressive optimism” on RR can come across as kissing Cal’s ass.

But I see it differently. RR has gotten so poisonous, and a whole lot of it from trolls who hate Kentucky - that it threatens to become an indelible attitude about the program I’ve loved since I was 5 —that it is in some permanent, irreversible decline.

So I just do my bit to push back and change the tone a little.

Last edited:
Haha. Well, there is a method to my madness, BBUK. I know there is lots of frustration with Calipari - rightfully so. I share that as I suspect all D-Leaguers do.

So my “aggressive optimism” on RR can come across as kissing Cal’s ass.

But I see it differently. RR has gotten so poisonous, and a whole lot of it from trolls who hate Kentucky - that it threatens to become an indelible attitude about the program I’ve loved since I was 5.

So I just do my bit to push back and change the tone a little.

I can appreciate that more than you know. In the cesspool/ swamp where I work my attitude has been and will be, "if not me, who." I can relate. I am thankful... (I know you from afar and you couldn't be the good people I know you are and have hidden some anti-UK or agenda that wasn't decent. I pay attention, I don't miss much.) I stated all that to state this; I will mess with anyone. You are fair game. ;)

Have a great day all!

Morning Legionnaires!

Hit 95° yesterday with winds between 25-35mph and stronger gust. 91° on tap for today with similar winds. A bit cooler coming for the weekend but high winds and rain may thwart my fishing plans. Have some Frog Togs and might go anyway (no Kayak because of wind).

Got an above water lure retrieval device (RocketSlug) in the mail yesterday from one of my sons. It works on lures caught on stickups and branches by attaching it to your line and pushing it (with some velocity) down the line to where the lure is to hit it and loosen it from the branch. Also got more lures and weighted hooks for drop shotting lures when in the Kayak. Now all I need is for the wind to cooperate.

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

Glorious, chilly day in the east. So many trees at or near their peak for blossoms. The grass a striking shade of green. Gonna be nice for a few more weeks til the withering DC heat, which made the British declare Washington a hardship post for their embassy workers, arrives.

On the subway, and still the only one unmasked. I suspect there are people who will be masked on public transit the rest of their lives.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning folks.

Glorious, chilly day in the east. So many trees at or near their peak for blossoms. The grass a striking shade of green. Gonna be nice for a few more weeks til the withering DC heat, which made the British declare Washington a hardship post for their embassy workers, arrives.

On the subway, and still the only one unmasked. I suspect there are people who will be masked on public transit the rest of their lives.

Hope you all have a good day.

Most of the masked haven't brushed their teeth anyway. Just a good cover at this point... Heck, the masks are still probably being given out free in DC as well..

Good morning, D-League!

Hope the backside of the week is a good one for everybody. Nippy here, but should warm up to the low 60s. Upper 70s tomorrow maybe, but I'll be working on stuff either way between here and there.

Great news about Oscar. I have a reason to watch them next season. We'll see if I do. Interesting word about Sharpe. We'll see if it's true. Hope we get a commitment from that Ole Miss DB transfer. Guess we'll know in a few

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and cloudy. Chance for rain later this morning. Today's high reaching 87°F.

Day 14 and all goes well. She ate good this morning. We're heading outside in just a few.

Back to the office. Heading out for a walk by 5 am. Return by 5:45 am. Leave here by 6:20 am in the truck. At the office by 7 am.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

april-21-is-national-chocolate-covered-cashews-day.jpg
Sounds like your dog is making great progress. Hopefully it continues.

It is a rainy 61.9°F on our way to 69°.

If Sharpe does come back UK may be good; however, after the last two years I am not going to get my hopes up. Both those years UK was preseason number 10 and neither team did diddly squat. Last years team chocked in the SEC and NCAA Tourneys. It was hard to take. The NCAA loss was the worse loss in my 65 years of following Kentucky.

No more stary eyes from Bert on UK basketball. I will watch every game, record every game but my expectations have been lowered to the point of actually being a pessimist on the outlook for the team.

It is a rainy 61.9°F on our way to 69°.

If Sharpe does come back UK may be good; however, after the last two years I am not going to get my hopes up. Both those years UK was preseason number 10 and neither team did diddly squat. Last years team chocked in the SEC and NCAA Tourneys. It was hard to take. The NCAA loss was the worse loss in my 65 years of following Kentucky.

No more stary eyes from Bert on UK basketball. I will watch every game, record every game but my expectations have been lowered to the point of actually being a pessimist on the outlook for the team.
And now it apparently is official. Sharpe is going to the NBA. I guess we won't miss something we never had. I hope he has the character to reimburse the university for all of the money spent on his semester in Lexington.

I am with you Bert. I have become a realist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT