ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

And now it apparently is official. Sharpe is going to the NBA. I guess we won't miss something we never had. I hope he has the character to reimburse the university for all of the money spent on his semester in Lexington.

I am with you Bert. I have become a realist.

Yes Sir,
I will watch to see if he reimburses anyone... (You slay me...)🤣😂

And now it apparently is official. Sharpe is going to the NBA. I guess we won't miss something we never had. I hope he has the character to reimburse the university for all of the money spent on his semester in Lexington.

I'm a realist as well but as long as it doesn't turn into a sad outlook on life. I see too many take "realism" down a path of despair, anger, and even abuse. Even saddens some's appearance. Don't ever let "realism" take you there...(You as in general)

100_1700alter.jpg

Urgent headline-

"Capitol police arrest terrorist trying to destroy Congress with homemade explosive device...." Capitol police refused to comment on the "ongoing investigation" but ensured members of the royal family Congress that such an insurrection would be punished to the fullest extent of the law and then some.

iu

Here is a picture of the alleged assailant in the act. It is expected the Russian will be jailed for 10 years with all the video games and candy he can stand, at taxpayer expense of course, until his trial, (since his parents are conservative), and the man will receive honorary degrees and a Senate post upon his indoctrination release from maximum security prison.

It is rumored that he mentioned trying "to hit Ukraine" with his next attempt, which is why his sentence was doubled by Pelosi and Biden prosecutors from 5 years, but was not tripled because the device had origins in China.

Other than the fact that "he was wearing that Russian red hoodie, and acting like he belonged here in a public place," said Capitol police officer Will "Coyote" Edwards, "..no one else would have suspected his true intentions, but we were onto him from the first week he tried to launch the device. Then we waited until we could catch him in the act."

"Bystanders noticed the SWAT van a half mile from the park with a flat tire, but no one would give us a lift," said one team member, "or else we'd have kept him from launching the other 5 devices."

Last edited:

Yes Sir,
I will watch to see if he reimburses anyone... (You slay me...)🤣😂

UK will not receive one dime. Cal needs to be asked why.

UK will not receive one dime. Cal needs to be asked why.

Needs to be asked to retire. Jay Wright was the only other guy in the college game I wanted to coach here for a while. He may have understood what the job meant. This guy doesn't. He's made some memories and won a title, though. I'm just not that into him anymore ;)

Congrats on retirement! Time to join the shuffleboard club.
I've been retired for a year. I left government service with the 2020 election result. I knew that was coming if Trump lost. I understood that would be my best option when told I was informed that I needed to negotiate my opinions. Because of the politically imposed travel mask mandate, I'm a psuedo-prisoner in a home based lock-down on the edge of civilization. However, no longer being a government investigator, I haven't put on a mask since I the last time I went to work to turn in the paperwork.
I swiped this off RR. Any truth to it? I don't twit or tweet...

I'll wait to hear from Shaeden.

I've been retired for a year. I left government service with the 2020 election result. I knew that was coming if Trump lost. I understood that would be my best option when told I was informed that I needed to negotiate my opinions. Because of the politically imposed travel mask mandate, I'm a psuedo-prisoner in a home based lock-down on the edge of civilization. However, no longer being a government investigator, I haven't put on a mask since I the last time I went to work to turn in the paperwork.

You be a rabble-rouser. (Good!)(I'm wit ya, but cannot retire at this time.)

It is a rainy 61.9°F on our way to 69°.

If Sharpe does come back UK may be good; however, after the last two years I am not going to get my hopes up. Both those years UK was preseason number 10 and neither team did diddly squat. Last years team chocked in the SEC and NCAA Tourneys. It was hard to take. The NCAA loss was the worse loss in my 65 years of following Kentucky.

No more stary eyes from Bert on UK basketball. I will watch every game, record every game but my expectations have been lowered to the point of actually being a pessimist on the outlook for the team.
I am not a Cal fan, but I very rarely post on RR and I try and keep the negative from basketball or politics off the D League. I don't want to come in some one's home and pee on their carpet. Full disclosure, I am a moderator on a small site (Dynasty Defenders).

Sept. 2020 for me on retirement. Same with the government.

Ask and ye shall receive:

I try and keep the negative from basketball or politics off the D League.
That shows some real discipline because in today's society discernment seems to be lost and much of it caused by political pride. Your disclosure is fine. I've been thinking about making more noise. Maybe the Political Board, I've friends there who understand my take, thanks to the D.

Ducks Unlimited.
phil-robertson.jpg

Last edited:
That shows some real discipline because in today's society discernment seems to be lost and much of it caused by political pride. Your disclosure is fine. I've been thinking about making more noise. Maybe the Political Board, I've friends there who understand my my take, thanks to the D.

Ducks Unlimited.
phil-robertson.jpg

So, you been ducking it until now huh? Now I understand...

That shows some real discipline because in today's society discernment seems to be lost and much of it caused by political pride. Your disclosure is fine. I've been thinking about making more noise. Maybe the Political Board, I've friends there who understand my take, thanks to the D.

Ducks Unlimited.
phil-robertson.jpg
If I went to the political board I would be banned the first damned day.

I am to the right of Attila The Hun.

No I remember but I thought you stayed on as a part-timer, consultant. I must be thinking about somebody else.

No I remember but I thought you stayed on as a part-timer, consultant. I must be thinking about somebody else.
That was discussed at the time. When I was directed to do things I figured out, their way, and neither scientists nor administrators could not explain how that could work, I wasn't interested.
9ed322356ee27bf00566fc79d977d2a4.jpg

So, you been ducking it until now huh? Now I understand...
Nope. Didn't duck a dang thing. Anything I didn't do wasn't worth doing at that time.

Last edited:
A favorite Tom T. Hall song.

The details he sings here are not similar to my story. But I suppose everyone raised in a tight family in a small Kentucky town who followed life's path to another place and another life can identify with the sadness of feeling alienated from your home and your people.

The details he sings here are not similar to my story. But I suppose everyone raised in a tight family in a small Kentucky town who followed life's path to another place and another life can identify with the sadness of feeling alienated from your home and your people.

I have the record.

It is similar to my experience, except I helped bury all my family except a couple uncles and aunts. When I was a 1,000 miles away they died two weeks apart. You can not take that much vacation and personal time and keep a high paying job.

I always wonder about Barbara Walker. I bet she is great.

I have the record.

It is similar to my experience, except I helped bury all my family except a couple uncles and aunts. When I was a 1,000 miles away they died two weeks apart. You can not take that much vacation and personal time and keep a high paying job.

I always wonder about Barbara Walker. I bet she is great.
We all have a Barbara Walker in our lives...

I was the oldest in my family and I know it hurt my mother and probably my father when, at 21 and on the last day of college classes my senior year, I drove by the place to collect a few things and told them all I was moving to Miami. Between then and now I've only managed to make it home 2-5 times a year. I've lived over two-thirds of my life elsewhere, but to this day when anybody asks me where I'm from I still say that town of 900 people no one has ever heard of.

That relates to most ANY family if they take the time to contemplate. I sure have been doing that a lot lately. Being the youngest and the brother that left the area of Michigan where I grew up. All I can say is I am thankful for the phone and texts along with emails. BUT, not sure I'd be where I am at if those things didn't exist. In any event, I am thankful.

I really enjoy Tom T. Hall music...

We all have a Barbara Walker in our lives...

I was the oldest in my family and I know it hurt my mother and probably my father when, at 21 and on the last day of college classes my senior year, I drove by the place to collect a few things and told them all I was moving to Miami. Between then and now I've only managed to make it home 2-5 times a year. I've lived over two-thirds of my life elsewhere, but to this day when anybody asks me where I'm from I still say that town of 900 people no one has ever heard of.

Not me!!!

Okay maybe BUT, I saw her on Facebook after she grew up. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

My favorite Tom T LP was "The Magnificient Machine" He's a great story teller, writer and musician. Another of fabulous Kentucky artists for sure and deserves the HoF recognition.

The Magnificent Music Machine <<< Full Album

Last edited:
Man,
I like Garth Brooks music or used to but I was never a groupie but I sure do like and relate to this one...

I cannot express in words how much I adore my Darling... No way I deserve her.... Only God, with his mercy and grace would provide me what I have....
Your adoration and devotion to your family is wonderful and awesome. Now Garth tells an incomplete story. I too have had friends in low places. Garth left out the part about them being a pain in the side . . . and around the corner too!

One of my daddy's favorites. I have the whole series on DVD.

Whoa, that is a treasure. I'd sure like to digitize some DVD's for you... ;)

I have a bunch of, if not most of what I have in a format I can play online. I probably have at least 150 movies. The stuff I like but I am no where near where I want to be as I want to create MP4 format for all the movies I have as that greatly reduces the size of the files.

For instance, I have The Expendables 3 on part of my screen now and can watch it in between the work I am doing. (My employer gets much more than I take.) Of course I have my computer setup right next to my work computer so I really do not have to move other than to twist a little in my chair...

Last edited:
First day back in the office. Ha, hardly anyone there, probably because today is a TX State holiday (San Jacinto Day). Another 8 hours for the books. My planned July vacation will use banked comp-time. Should still have 235 hours extra by then, or nearly 6 weeks.

Got some rain this afternoon. Stopped by Hat Creek and grabbed a few burgers, fries and tea. Pup excited to see me. Wife says she gets depressed when I'm away.

Anyways, grabbed The Fredericksburger. Delicious.

Hat_Creek_12_09_21_The-Fredericksburger_001-Detail.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT