ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

277567568_1887758614765389_3115783342862960474_n.jpg

Our pathetic governor vetoed the bill banning transgenders to participate in women's sports. I can guarantee that a majority of Kentucky voters are ticked off right now.
A majority? Not even close. The majority have no idea he vetoed the bill or that there ever was a bill to begin with. The MAJORITY of voters have no clue, nor do they care, about any bills, laws, or vetoes. They are useful idiots who get their news from twitter and their philosophy from instagram.

One of the first things I'll do, if I'm appointed King, is to restrict the right to vote to property and business owners. Individual business owners. Corporate lobbying will be finally recognized as collusion. If you don't have skin in the game, then you don't get to decide how the skin is rubbed.
Morning folks. It is mostly sunny and 48.9°F and going up to 57°.

Sherry and I will be married 56 years August 18. Time flies.
Time flies for YOU because you are married to Sherry. I guarantee you she has felt every waking minute. :)

Played golf today and it happened in a rude manner. Friend called me at the crack of 1000 and woke me up. Told him I had no intention of meeting him at that time and that I had meant the following afternoon.

Checked texts and found out I had a tee time at 1100. Yada yada yada, now I'm at home drinking bourbon and listening to the blues on the stereo. I don't know about bills, laws, or vetoes. And you know what? That's just fine.

I am stuck in 2020. For some reason I have been signing checks dated the year 2020. I had 3 mailed back to me saying they expired. ?????

I guess my inner man wants to stop Old Man Time. I have to convince him we are a year and four months past 2020. It is 2022 Johnny Boy. THINK.

Or maybe my inner man is saying "Stop This World and Let Me Off" I am growing weary. I am just a Pilgrim

I am stuck in 2020. For some reason I have been signing checks dated the year 2020. I had 3 mailed back to me saying they expired. ?????
I got busted so many times at nuclear plants when I would work on my birthday. I would get my paperwork back from document control with a nasty note that said it was NOT 1960!

In my defense, date wise, I got to win a bet with a guy about the last and next time it would be 12:34 on 5/6/78. Only bet $20 but it could have been more if I was that guy. He forgot about AM. That exact time occurred twice that day.

@BBUK , if it wouldn't be too much trouble, I do it for all the videos I post here, but could you please post those as YouTube videos rather than facebook?

I don't use facebook and will never willingly click on a facebook link. Thanks bud.

I understand and I will try though I do these on the spur of the moment. I will just cut them back though as YouTube is just as bad. They are not lesser evils.

I understand and I will try though I do these on the spur of the moment. I will just cut them back though as YouTube is just as bad. They are not lesser evils.
No, they are not lesser evils, they are however, a separate evil. I prefer to compartmentalize my evils and keep them to a minimum. I can't afford the extra facebook evil at this time. I'm sure you understand.

@BBUK

Are checking those shoes.

278111169_10159959261105119_2444057378171409412_n.jpg

Sir,

When I was at Goodfellow AFB and Ft. Huachuca for my AIT's we were told to never attempt putting on our shoes without shaking them away from ourselves first. A habit engrained to this day. Scorpions, Tarantulas, and Snakes were observed in shoes during this time.

98C and 96D respectively. Two AIT's were granted to me supposedly having the highest score out of Middlesboro up until that time. So stated the doughboy E-6 with a much larger stomach than I ever had to this day. Dude had the Dunlap disease....

Sir,

When I was at Goodfellow AFB and Ft. Huachuca for my AIT's we were told to never attempt putting on our shoes without shaking them away from ourselves first. A habit engrained to this day. Scorpions, Tarantulas, and Snakes were observed in shoes during this time.
That is a good habit and one I do also.

When I was about 15 years old I stayed over at a buddy's house. When I got up the next morning I felt something crawling in my right shoe. I ripped it off and threw it against the wall and roaches started crawling out and flying everywhere. They had wings bigger than a humming bird.

They were so thick in his house they stopped a grandfather's clock from running. The next time I came over I brought a can of roach spray. I would much rather encounter a snake than a bunch of dad gum cock roaches. They are nasty suckers

No issues
When they're posted as youtube, you can play them as you go and continue to scroll and read as it plays. If I have to click a link to get to it, they it opens another window that usually contains more ads.

@UK82 Are we gonna rock UK gear or go as the Yuppies we are? I've pretty much decided that I'm going to wear my fathers UK sweatshirt. It's a 3xxx so I'll have lots of room to layer. Not good for rain, but I'll be warm in the cloud shine.

That is a good habit and one I do also.

When I was about 15 years old I stayed over at a buddy's house. When I got up the next morning I felt something crawling in my right shoe. I ripped it off and threw it against the wall and roaches started crawling out and flying everywhere. They had wings bigger than a humming bird.

They were so thick in his house they stopped a grandfather's clock from running. The next time I came over I brought a can of roach spray. I would much rather encounter a snake than a bunch of dad gum cock roaches. They are nasty suckers

When I was in the bug business Sir, I cannot tell you the infestations I came across. I still shutter when I remember that hoard of roaches dropping on me as they scurried. I actually did those treatments "for the children" before that statement became poison in politics.

I was real young in Michigan (just remembered this.) My Dad came home from work wearing his large insulated boots and sat down stating something had been bothering him in his boot all day. (Dad was very probably half lit at the time.) But when he pulled his boot off and emptied it a mouse fell out. It was still alive but not kicking much....

When they're posted as youtube, you can play them as you go and continue to scroll and read as it plays. If I have to click a link to get to it, they it opens another window that usually contains more ads.

@UK82 Are we gonna rock UK gear or go as the Yuppies we are? I've pretty much decided that I'm going to wear my fathers UK sweatshirt. It's a 3xxx so I'll have lots of room to layer. Not good for rain, but I'll be warm in the cloud shine.
I'm just going with the generic look:

s-l400.jpg

I'll be wearing UK duds. Either layers or one big coat. We'll see how the weather is predicted. Looks like it might be rainy and windy. Game time is 1 PM. Where and when do you want to rendezvous?

Probably in a school near you.

277468052_523852939339095_3349654005085257904_n.jpg
That's the paradigm of life.
I'm just going with the generic look:

s-l400.jpg

I'll be wearing UK duds. Either layers or one big coat. We'll see how the weather is predicted. Looks like it might be rainy and windy. Game time is 1 PM. Where and when do you want to rendezvous?
Shelbyville or Simpsonville will be the easiest for both. Shelbyville will be the easiest for me. There's a WalMart there.

Congrats to you and the Mrs. UK82. I was talking to a woman today at the flower shop and she commented on the state of the family and commitments or rather lack of in some marriages today. Sad times
Are you still interested in meeting up for the Blue/White football game Saturday? Bertfan and I will be there and anyone else is certainly welcome.

OK, if Shelbyville is easiest for you then we'll meet in Simpsonville. :) The Shelbyville Walmart is fine by me. 11:30? Meet you at the front entrance?
Sounds good.. I'll know when you're there because my henchmen will be following you from the moment you leave. It's cool, I'll probably never use this info against you. Probably.
Are you still interested in meeting up for the Blue/White football game Saturday? Bertfan and I will be there and anyone else is certainly welcome.
Anyone who posts here is more than welcome to come. Hopefully in the future, if a date is arranged, anyone who want s to can join in.

Anyone who wants to go to the Spring Game just speak up. We'll all meet up.

Sounds good.. I'll know when you're there because my henchmen will be following you from the moment you leave. It's cool, I'll probably never use this info against you. Probably.

Anyone who posts here is more than welcome to come. Hopefully in the future, if a date is arranged, anyone who want s to can join in.

Anyone who wants to go to the Spring Game just speak up. We'll all meet up.

If I was in the area I'd do it just to say I did. Need to meet you varmit goomer Sir's anyway, though I think you are close to my age.

beverly-hillbillies.gif

😁

Last edited:
Welp, I'm in GD HS softball afterglow. She pitched a two hit shutout in a 1-0 win. Her first SO ever. Eleven K's, 1 BB. Literally they hit one ball to pull side of field. Missing starting SS & CF & yet 0 E's with some nice plays that really helped. Scored in top of 7th, unearned, but what do I care? First time they've beaten this team in 4 years & 5 games. Good team to boot. Assistant coach said he's been doing it 20 years & this is the game he's most proud for the team. Emotionally worn out. Did I say I'm happy? And melancholy as it's coming to an end too soon. Where's the bourbon?

Welp, I'm in GD HS softball afterglow. She pitched a two hit shutout in a 1-0 win. Her first SO ever. Eleven K's, 1 BB. Literally they hit one ball to pull side of field. Missing starting SS & CF & yet 0 E's with some nice plays that really helped. Scored in top of 7th, unearned, but what do I care? First time they've beaten this team in 4 years & 5 games. Good team to boot. Assistant coach said he's been doing it 20 years & this is the game he's most proud for the team. Emotionally worn out. Did I say I'm happy? And melancholy as it's coming to an end too soon. Where's the bourbon?
Bourbon? Sounds more like a champagne event. Congrats to your GD!

Not my business but the first thing I'd determine is how much the flask holds... jmusao

Second response...is that all you got???

DopeyFaithfulGrouper-max-1mb.gif
love that movie
If I was in the area I'd do it just to say I did. Need to meet you varmit goomer Sir's anyway, though I think you are close to my age.

beverly-hillbillies.gif

😁
Like the first time mama saw me nekkid.
You'll never forget, she'll never forget. High school baseball memories are some of the best memories I have.

Sir,

Keeping shoes in the fridge would have helped stop this issue, right?

How did the ML baseball season arrived without me knowing the National League had folded on the DH? I’m truly bummed - hate the DH. Plus, catchers have some sort of device that transmits the pitch call to the pitcher and middle infielders - no more signaling with fingers.

Still, always special for a new season to arrive.

How did the ML baseball season arrived without me knowing the National League had folded on the DH? I’m truly bummed - hate the DH. Plus, catchers have some sort of device that transmits the pitch call to the pitcher and middle infielders - no more signaling with fingers.

Still, always special for a new season to arrive.

I sadly quit watching the game I grew up loving and playing at a relatively high level...

Good Morning April 7th D League

Today is probably one of the most important dates in my life because on this day my wife of 55 years said she would travel down the road of life with me. I was a broke Buck Sgt in the Army with no money, no possessions other than a few guns, my 64 VW bug and a couple of shirts, pants and underwear. Oh I had a class ring. But she stepped out in faith and down the road we went. In my eyes she will always be that Sweet Blue Eyed Kentucky girl. Those 60 hairstyles are one for the ages.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teRAacVcLK-X0PtgRHSEsJnDUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

This is my wife's favorite Waylon song and it is appropriate to celebrate 55 years together. I love you girl.

file.php

Good morning from ATX. Currently 48°F and clear with a light wind. Expecting our high reaching around 81°F.

We'll try our baby again today without IVs. If she crashes again, which usually happens within 36 hours after she comes off IVs, it means another trip to the emergency room. Fingers crossed. She's laying here on the floor next to me right now. Fed her once a few minutes ago. Must keep meals small and many. Feeding her more shredded boiled chicken in just a few.

Happy Friday, y'all.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Good morning, D-League!

A brisk 42° in our little holler. Not as foggy as yesterday, but still a bit murky. Finishing my breakfast now that the ladies have gone on to work and school.

I'm supposed to get dressed up this weekend.... Fancy. ... I don't like fancy, but my wife likes to dress up her ken doll now and then. There will be NO pictures posted

Good morning from ATX. Currently 48°F and clear with a light wind. Expecting our high reaching around 81°F.

We'll try our baby again today without IVs. If she crashes again, which usually happens within 36 hours after she comes off IVs, it means another trip to the emergency room. Fingers crossed. She's laying here on the floor next to me right now. Fed her once a few minutes ago. Must keep meals small and many. Feeding her more shredded boiled chicken in just a few.

Happy Friday, y'all.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Prayers being said that she comes off of the IV without further issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT