ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Cool, theirs was really modified...

Hillbillie100.jpg
Indeed they did. A granny seat version.

@wromanp7

Just a typed shout out to you Sir. I will not state why, but I remember you. I will never forget you. I have never met you but I will NEVER forget you. God Bless you and those you touch and I know you will continue to touch! (It's been a couple years or so.) Thank you again! All, please let me introduce you to a real difference-maker in this world...

Last edited:

Oscar Tshiebwe’s Postseason Honors​

• John R. Wooden Award
  • Naismith Player of the Year
  • Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award
  • USBWA Oscar Robertson Trophy
  • Associated Press Player of the Year
  • NABC National Player of the Year
  • NABC Pete Newell Big Man of the Year
  • NCAA Consensus All-America First Team
  • Wooden Award All-America Team
  • USBWA First-Team All-America
  • NABC First-Team All-America
  • Associated Press First-Team All-America
  • Sporting News First-Team All-America
  • NABC All-District 20 First Team
  • Southeastern Conference Player of the Year (coaches/media)
  • All-SEC First Team (coaches/media)
  • All-SEC Defensive Team (coaches)
  • USBWA District IV Player of the Year
  • USBWA All-District IV team
  • CBS Sports National Player of the Year
  • USA Today National Player of the Year
  • USA Today First-Team All-American
  • The Athletic’s National Player of the Year
  • Sports Illustrated First-Team All-American
  • The Field of 68 National Player of the Year
  • The Field of 68 First-Team All-America
  • College Hoops Today National Player of the Year
  • USA Today SEC Player of the Year
  • USA Today First-Team All-SEC unanimous selection

First ever at UK to win it all unanimously. We've had these guys at UK since the program started. He is one of those guys. Odds are, "Tsheibwe" was the most spoken word among UK fans this whole season. He'll be the most talked about player for a while.

• John R. Wooden Award

First ever at UK to win it all unanimously. We've had these guys at UK since the program started. He is one of those guys. Odds are, "Tsheibwe" was the most spoken word among UK fans this whole season. He'll be the most talked about player for a while.

Dayum...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 67°F and clear. High expected around 78°F. We hit 95°F yesterday.

Must take our baby back to vet at 7:30 am. She's become feisty again and doing really well. Hope she holds.

Congrats to Oscar. Would be great if he returns.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health to all our fellow D-League members.

We are absolutely on a roll here....... broke table saw, drill press, new HVAC system and $400 to get tiller fixed........I told the Director I needed to go fishing and get away from all the broke.......plugged in the boat charger......got up Monday rearing to go......when I checked the batteries the cranking battery is dead......less that 30 hours on the boat.......go back into the house......wait for places to open up to buy a replacement.......when I later go out to my truck the truck battery is as dead as a flat squirrel on the road...........well......I needed a good reason to stay put and assemble my new drill press......almost got it put together and the screw that holds the chuck on is missing.....it will take a couple of weeks for them to "expedite it out" as the young man stated........I started to explain to him but decided it wasn't worth it......I am going to miss out on Old Bird race season with my birds due to equipment and me breaking down......I am redoing my flying lofts.........I have a bunch of babies in the breeding loft that should be out flying......one step forward fifteen backwards..........I need to get the weed eater out......kind of scared to touch it......and I am living right...........so that isn't it........I just sent a young lady I have never met a really nice pigeon for her birthday......I saw a few months ago on FB how excited she got over a bird her father had won on a raffle group I am on........I told the Director then I am going to send her a bird of her own.......I had a family of birds gifted to me.......one baby didn't get banded.......so I sent it to her...........if he post a video of her getting it I will share.........more kids need to get into the hobby of pigeon keeping.......

• John R. Wooden Award

CLEAN SWEEP

Oscar has become one of my all time favorites, not only because of what he does on the court but off the court as well. He has strong character and has his priorities straight. What is not to love about Clean Sweep Oscar

R.f9bb307a0d315cdbbf752a559d505048

Last edited:

• John R. Wooden Award
  • Wooden have done it if I could award
  • Wooden Woody Woodpecker award
  • Wooden couldn't shoulda award
  • Wooden can't lay no more wood award.

Yes but you sure missed out on a few. I added them for you... 😁

Good morning! I only slept 5.5 hours last night. Sets up good for a nap around 1400 or so.

I hope Will Levis has an Oscar Tshiebwe kind of year. I know that's a lot to ask, so maybe if he can just have an Anthony Davis...

The gas in my truck is the gas I put in before I left for Bert's house on March 17th. I may not get good MPG, but I'm getting good DPG. Days Per Gallon.

Looks like a rainy movie day here. Coffee anyone?

Good morning! I only slept 5.5 hours last night. Sets up good for a nap around 1400 or so.

I hope Will Levis has an Oscar Tshiebwe kind of year. I know that's a lot to ask, so maybe if he can just have an Anthony Davis...

The gas in my truck is the gas I put in before I left for Bert's house on March 17th. I may not get good MPG, but I'm getting good DPG. Days Per Gallon.

Looks like a rainy movie day here. Coffee anyone?

Cafe' pour some more... or is it cafe por favor

I didn't get much sleep last night either. I got a call from my MIL at around midnight. Step FIL had another fall so I drove over and at least got him in bed. It'll just keep happening and I really worry about serious injuries. He's up for assistant living but my MIL is dead set against it. No way can she take care of him on her own. This is a bad situation. I need a vacation.

Good morning folks. Rainy day in DC. Things are cooking along pretty well. Very busy back in the DC office, but its not as bad as I thought it would be after two years at home. My older daughter and her husband are flying into town tomorrow and it'll be good to be able to meet them at a very nice restaurant in the city, and if the weather cooperates maybe stroll over to one of the Smithsonian Museums for an hour or so.

If any of you folks are in Lexington, watch who you come in contact with. My son picked up a vicious case of the flu. His girlfriend actually insisted he go to the hospital off campus, and it was probably a good thing. They ran a couple pouches of fluid into him through an IV and kept him a few hours.

All well otherwise. Hope you all have a good day.

We are absolutely on a roll here....... broke table saw, drill press, new HVAC system and $400 to get tiller fixed........I told the Director I needed to go fishing and get away from all the broke.......plugged in the boat charger......got up Monday rearing to go......when I checked the batteries the cranking battery is dead......less that 30 hours on the boat.......go back into the house......wait for places to open up to buy a replacement.......when I later go out to my truck the truck battery is as dead as a flat squirrel on the road...........well......I needed a good reason to stay put and assemble my new drill press......almost got it put together and the screw that holds the chuck on is missing.....it will take a couple of weeks for them to "expedite it out" as the young man stated........I started to explain to him but decided it wasn't worth it......I am going to miss out on Old Bird race season with my birds due to equipment and me breaking down......I am redoing my flying lofts.........I have a bunch of babies in the breeding loft that should be out flying......one step forward fifteen backwards..........I need to get the weed eater out......kind of scared to touch it......and I am living right...........so that isn't it........I just sent a young lady I have never met a really nice pigeon for her birthday......I saw a few months ago on FB how excited she got over a bird her father had won on a raffle group I am on........I told the Director then I am going to send her a bird of her own.......I had a family of birds gifted to me.......one baby didn't get banded.......so I sent it to her...........if he post a video of her getting it I will share.........more kids need to get into the hobby of pigeon keeping.......
Thru her eyes
iStock-1128876690-400x400.jpg

Z3fvBV4L_o.jpg

I didn't get much sleep last night either. I got a call from my MIL at around midnight. Step FIL had another fall so I drove over and at least got him in bed. It'll just keep happening and I really worry about serious injuries. He's up for assistant living but my MIL is dead set against it. No way can she take care of him on her own. This is a bad situation. I need a vacation.
You do need a vacation. Easy to say, but you can't be expected to continue to be on-call for step FIL forever. Will physically damage you at some point.

MIL can be dead set against assisted living, but what is her solution? Your wife needs to tell her it's not you imo.

Best to you.

Last edited:
You do need a vacation. Easy to say, but you can't be expected to continue to be on-call for step FIW forever. Will physically damage you at some point.

MIL can be dead set against assisted living, but what is her solution? Your wife needs to tell her it's not you imo.

Best to you.
Yep, similar situation for me only my BIL is taking care of his mother with not much money living in a two-bedroom apartment on the second floor with her having a hard time getting around. Running out of money in fact since he has not worked in 2 years trying to get permanent disability from an injury (not sure how he got it) at Goodyear. He will not find another job and she does not want to go to assisted living and has stated she will not. Her ex-husband (her son's father) who left when he was born came back into their life a few years ago and has offered to let them live with him in Florida which she wanted to happen for a long time. Now, she has changed her mind because she knows my wife who makes decent money will not let her and her brother fall as she has paid for their bills and food in the past so, she wants to stay here. Problem is though, he (BIL) has no medical now and money is almost out.

My wife has tried to talk her mother into going to Florida but to no avail. In fact, MIL has not been back to our house since Christmas because my wife was ragging on her to do the right thing or go to assisted living. In the past my wife paid so many of their bills that she did not have enough to pay hers (we split the bills). I had to loan her money to pay hers which did not sit well with me and after a couple months of that I said no more. I decided to take most of her bills and pay them but told her going forward whatever she did with her money from then on out was on her. She has been putting the extra she has with me paying most bills in 401K stock. Soon she will be taking over their bills again (she said she will not, but I know better) and will have to stop putting into her 401K. I am about to tell her mother and brother they need to stop relying on my wife and do the right thing. Either go to Florida or go to work.

You do need a vacation. Easy to say, but you can't be expected to continue to be on-call for step FIW forever. Will physically damage you at some point.

Best to you.
At least SFIL's kids are helping out. Well, not exactly kids. They're in their 60s. MIL is not a pleasant person, never has been and never will be. Plus she has all the signs of early dementia. I have my own parents to think about. Mom is basically disabled. Just recently had a heart attack and is now in stage-3 kidney failure. Dad has dizzy spells along with severe spinal stenosis. I've made many early morning trips to their house as well. Been a tough 5 years and obviously getting tougher.

I hate to hear these stories for you guys. We don't realize how much trouble it is to take care of ourselves until we start taking care of someone else. I made it through quite a bit, and after my father passed it took me quite a while to ramp down from being on point for so long.

Most of you would consider me a conservative, among various and sundried other things, but I think we need to do things differently in this country. Social Security tax should come out of everyone's paycheck regardless of how much they make. If we would have done it like that from the start there would be no talk about SS running dry.

There would be enough money so retired people don't spend a huge part of the money they need to eat and pay for shelter, on medicine. I'm not calling for socialized medicine, per se. I'm saying that with all the money we have access to, there is no reason for the elderly and their caretakers to suffer undue burdens while we freely throw money at so many other countries and people.

At least SFIL's kids are helping out. Well, not exactly kids. They're in their 60s. MIL is not a pleasant person, never has been and never will be. Plus she has all the signs of early dementia. I have my own parents to think about. Mom is basically disabled. Just recently had a heart attack and is now in stage-3 kidney failure. Dad has dizzy spells along with severe spinal stenosis. I've made many early morning trips to their house as well. Been a tough 5 years and obviously getting tougher.
Wow. Sad. Had to deal with this 20 years ago for all 4 parents. They were all more reasonable than this & had their own resources, so not near as bad as you, but still not easy. Good Luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT