ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I gargle at times with H202 and H20 at times just to clean the bad words out of my mouth. It mostly works! Sometimes I ought to go straight H202....(Too much fizz and bite that way though...)

tumblr_loeopb8tpJ1qbn9g2o1_500.gif
The old man used a bar of Ivory to rake across my teeth a couple of time .........then he demand that I smile at him while it disolved...........I liked the sound of them cuss words......

I found it the last time you folks was discussing stereos.....it was old I don't even remember what he wanted for it........yes it was a receiver.......the deal is if I find one I don't know if it is a piece of junk of a solid pc of equipment.....I don't mind buying but not junk.........
Marantz is long recognized for quality electronics so seems like you need a pair good speakers to match. I see steals at thrift stores cause old folks like us die every day. Maybe they'll allow you to listen and you can trust your ears.

I found it the last time you folks was discussing stereos.....it was old I don't even remember what he wanted for it........yes it was a receiver.......the deal is if I find one I don't know if it is a piece of junk of a solid pc of equipment.....I don't mind buying but not junk.........
Marantz makes some excellent receivers. I really miss my vintage Marantz but it's in a good home. Hopefully your Marantz has a phono input. Check the back to make sure. It may just say "phono". Also, some turntables have their own preamps built in. If you have the model #s of both your turntable and the Marantz receiver then I could look it up and let you know. If neither have a preamp then you can buy an external phono preamp. These can be cheap or really expensive (overkill).

Maybe you guys recall I posted a couple of months ago about a friend and employee who had a zipper accident that required surgery. He has diabetes and also had gall bladder surgery. He called a few minutes ago. He has some kind of disease that's causing his problems. He couldn't pronounce the name. The doctors are giving him 5 or 6 months to live. Maybe you guys can keep Dennis and his wife in your prayers?
Thoughts and prayers for your friend.

Maybe you guys recall I posted a couple of months ago about a friend and employee who had a zipper accident that required surgery. He has diabetes and also had gall bladder surgery. He called a few minutes ago. He has some kind of disease that's causing his problems. He couldn't pronounce the name. The doctors are giving him 5 or 6 months to live. Maybe you guys can keep Dennis and his wife in your prayers?
Prayers🙏 for your friend.

Disney will no longer use the phrase "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls". It'll be replaced by "Dreamers of all ages". My God. If we didn't know it already then this solidifies it. Disney caving to the "woke" crowd. I've stricken the word "woke" from my vocabulary BTW. Boycott! All because of a Florida law that was passed banning teachers from teaching sex to K-3rd grade. Sick world my friends, sick world. Kids that young need to be kids, period.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 48°F and clear. High expected around 77°F.

Visited emergency room yesterday. Received two shots, including one in the hip. Two firemen, who were taking training at hospital, cut off my wedding ring because my hand swelled so much. Talk about a 45-minute adventure. Everybody worked hard. Quite an experience.

Pup threw up again last night. Thinking it's just leftovers from her treatment. Wife wrote a big sign stating "DO NOT FEED". Pup acts like she's starving.

Over 1,200 structures in county north of us damaged by tornadoes. Some buildings totally destroyed. We were lucky.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Clams-On-The-Half-Shell-Day-1024x512.jpg

Disney will no longer use the phrase "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls". It'll be replaced by "Dreamers of all ages". My God. If we didn't know it already then this solidifies it. Disney caving to the "woke" crowd. I've stricken the word "woke" from my vocabulary BTW. Boycott! All because of a Florida law that was passed banning teachers from teaching sex to K-3rd grade. Sick world my friends, sick world. Kids that young need to be kids, period.
I wish Disney had never moved to this state. It is run by a bunch of freaks who are pushing their LBQTGFU agenda.

How anyone can be against this is beyond my comprehension. Florida had a problem with transgender being taught to youngsters and the recruitment of innocent students by teachers in some schools. A mother in Leon County has a daughter whose teacher told her she would be a boy at school, gave her a boys name and pronouns she would be called. She was also told not to tell her parents. Her mother, January Littlejohn, found out and went ballistic. She had no idea her daughter was being recruited to transgender and certainly did not approve. There are cases all over the state where incidents like this happened and many parents pulled their kids out of public schools and home schooled them.

Thank God our Governor stood up for kids and parents and signed the bill presented to him by the legislature. 55% of Democrats in Florida support this bill by the way. Of course their political leaders don't

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 48°F and clear. High expected around 77°F.

Visited emergency room yesterday. Received two shots, including one in the hip. Two firemen, who were taking training at hospital, cut off my wedding ring because my hand swelled so much. Talk about a 45-minute adventure. Everybody worked hard. Quite an experience.

Pup threw up again last night. Thinking it's just leftovers from her treatment. Wife wrote a big sign stating "DO NOT FEED". Pup acts like she's starving.

Over 1,200 structures in county north of us damaged by tornadoes. Some buildings totally destroyed. We were lucky.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Clams-On-The-Half-Shell-Day-1024x512.jpg
Good luck.

Prayers for Dennis and his wife.

Marantz makes some excellent receivers. I really miss my vintage Marantz but it's in a good home. Hopefully your Marantz has a phono input. Check the back to make sure. It may just say "phono". Also, some turntables have their own preamps built in. If you have the model #s of both your turntable and the Marantz receiver then I could look it up and let you know. If neither have a preamp then you can buy an external phono preamp. These can be cheap or really expensive (overkill).
I didn't buy the reciever......I didn't know...

Good luck.
I was walking a 40 ft ladder in a atrium we was working on downtown.....it felt like I had lost my balance and I threw my weight back at the ladder....when it smacked back into the wall it hit my wedding band and smashed it on my finger............ by the time I got the the bottom of the ladder it was swollen and blue........it had to be cut off....I lost my first wedding band a week or so after I was married......I have never wore another since.....

Good morning! Had a heck of a time on the golf course yesterday. Wind got up early and was relentless by the time we were done. Must have been a few 50mph gusts. most of the big ones were in the 40mph range though. Managed to shoot an 83. On my way up there soon to figure out the scores. Doubt I won anything this week.

@awf I've got a couple of old school Polk bookshelf speakers you can have if you'd like them. I'll bring them when we get together for lunch with 82.

@UK82 I just looked at the weather for the 9th and the high is supposed to be 58°. It will be more like a Fall game than a Spring game.

That's interesting. Is that cloud cover over KY? Not sure what I'm looking at.
That link was to the most recent 6 hour GOES loop of the United States cloud cover. Below is an upgraded link of the past 20 hrs & yes it shows the storm progression across the southeast. The maximum loop on this publicly available. I used their data for years. A valuable tool if you figure how to use it. 20 hour GOES CONUS LOOP

I wish Disney have never moved to this state. It is run by a bunch of freaks who are pushing their LBQTGFU agenda.

How anyone can be against this is beyond my comprehension. Florida had a problem with transgender being taught to youngsters and the recruitment of innocent students by teachers in some schools. A mother in Leon County has a daughter whose teacher told her she would be a boy at school, gave her a boys name and pronouns she would be called. She was also told not to tell her parents. Her mother, January Littlejohn, found out and went ballistic. She had no idea her daughter was being recruited to transgender and certainly did not approve. There are cases all over the state where incidents like this happened and many parents pulled their kids out of public schools and home schooled them.

Thank God our Governor stood up for kids and parents and signed the bill presented to him by the legislature. 55% of Democrats in Florida support this bill by the way. Of course their political leaders don't
I hope DeSantis doesn't let up on Disney & I hope other FL state officials speak up too.

What has Trump had to say? Thanks.

Some billboards near the Disney entrance ripping them would be nice.

I hope DeSantis doesn't let up on Disney & I hope other FL state officials speak up too.

What has Trump had to say? Thanks.

Some billboards near the Disney entrance ripping them would be nice.
DeSantis has proven in the past he will not cave. He refused to shut down schools when the entire nation was closing. Several powerful and wealthy businesses consider DeSantis an enemy but he is a champion to the people. Disney sees him as someone in their way of supporting the thing most important to them. More and more Democrats are supporting him. Over 52% of Florida Democrats support this bill. So a majority of Democrat parents do not want this agenda taught to their children.

DeSantis is not alone on the issue. In fact he did not suggest or author the legislation. But he made it clear he would sign it and his wife, Casey and mother of three small children was a huge supporter.

I am not sure where Trump stands on it. If he has spoken out I have not heard it. Maybe he considers it a state issue and is leaving it up to Floridians.

I like your idea of billboards near Disney World. You know that is coming. There will be a huge movement against them in our state. Look for it as it is already starting. Disney is wearing out their welcome. Finally

Last edited:
I wish Disney have never moved to this state. It is run by a bunch of freaks who are pushing their LBQTGFU agenda.

How anyone can be against this is beyond my comprehension. Florida had a problem with transgender being taught to youngsters and the recruitment of innocent students by teachers in some schools. A mother in Leon County has a daughter whose teacher told her she would be a boy at school, gave her a boys name and pronouns she would be called. She was also told not to tell her parents. Her mother, January Little john, found out and went ballistic. She had no idea her daughter was being recruited to transgender and certainly did not approve. There are cases all over the state where incidents like this happened and many parents pulled their kids out of public schools and home schooled them.

It's not just Disney. It's not just Florida. It's a Smallworld after all. The reason it appears the freaks are in charge is there is some truth to that with the "NO limit" lunatics of "Frisco" integrated with capitalistic/corporate nerds of "Silicon Valley" and I'm really unsure how much. We know from life, there is balance of growth and survival. We all get to decern truth from fantasy. Time has always been too short to know the answer. I've been around long enough to believe it's wisdom that's lacking.

Below are examples of Raymond Scott's work. Was he part of the problem? He obviously provoked the nature of man?

Last edited:
DeSantis has proven in the past he will not cave. He refused to shut down schools when the entire nation was closing. Several powerful and wealthy businesses consider DeSantis an enemy but he is a champion to the people. Disney sees him as someone in their way of supporting the thing most important to them. More and more Democrats are supporting him. Over 52% support this bill. Even a majority of Democrat parents do not want this agenda taught to their children.

DeSantis is not alone on the issue. In fact he did not suggest or author the legislation. But he made it clear he would sign it and his wife, Casey and mother of three small children was a huge supporter.

I am not sure where Trump stands on it. If he has spoken out I have not heard it. Maybe he considers it a state issue and is leaving it up to Floridians.

I like your idea of billboards near Disney World. You know that is coming. There will be a huge movement against them in our state. Look for it as it is already starting. Disney is wearing out their welcome. Finally

Kind of like President Trump. He was an unknown quantity when he first ran. (Key word, "was"...) My prayer is for many more just like President T and Governor D!!!

Oh, Hello all! Have a great day!

Kind of like President Trump. He was an unknown quantity when he first ran. (Key word, "was"...) My prayer is for many more just like President T and Governor D!!!

Oh, Hello all! Have a great day!

Trying not to be too political for the D. As a life long Democrat, I have not voted for any since Obama got the nomination for his 1st run 2007. Not a single one for any thing. Still won't as long as the leaders are completely void of competency. I generally vote for them Rs because the Ds suck on just about everything.​

Good afternoon D-League.

First, Bernie I'm sorry to hear about your friend Dennis and will keep him in my prayers.

I'm fascinated by the radicalization of Disney. That company has had a bottom line built on the wallets of Conservative Americans since way before I was born. Do they really think they can alienate that segment of the population and not suffer any economic consequences?

I was lucky when my kids were little. My wife's parents had retired to Ft. Myers and we could send the kids down for a summer visit and they would take them to Disney World -- something that I had no real interest in doing but probably would have just so the kids wouldn't miss out. But how many families throughout the south and Midwest are going to make that sacrifice to go to a place that doesn't share their values?

I notice their stock is down about 22 percent since November. The whole market is down somewhat, but the company seems to be under-performing the rest of the economy. Maybe that's for reasons unrelated to their gender politics. I guess time will tell.

DeSantis has proven in the past he will not cave. He refused to shut down schools when the entire nation was closing. Several powerful and wealthy businesses consider DeSantis an enemy but he is a champion to the people. Disney sees him as someone in their way of supporting the thing most important to them. More and more Democrats are supporting him. Over 52% support this bill. Even a majority of Democrat parents do not want this agenda taught to their children.

Thanks. You make it clear & obvious that RD is head & shoulders better than Trump.

Trying not to be too political for the D. As a life long Democrat, I have not voted for any since Obama got the nomination for his 1st run 2007. Not a single one for any thing. Still won't as long as the leaders are completely void of competency. I generally vote for them Rs because the Ds suck on just about everything.​
I was a life-long Democrat too - till I reached 25.

Me too on the politics (I cherish the sanctity of this place (The D-League).), I just brought them up to contrast nearly ALL the rest. There are a few but not nearly enough that will face down the loud mouths ("Ignant" loud mouths on both sides.)

Me too on the politics (I cherish the sanctity of this place (The D-League).), I just brought them up to contrast nearly ALL the rest. There are a few but not nearly enough that will face down the loud mouths ("Ignant" loud mouths on both sides.)
I love your comment. Let's do it starting with me.

Getting back to the spirit of the D League our weather is nice but windy. We have 81° and about 6:00 PM the rains will come and get heavy by midnight bringing in a cold front over night. We need the rain.

Just went to a "Farewell" party for a female co-worker that was, to say the least, bizarre.

She had warned me she planned to be "a little risque" but told me to be sure and show up -- it'll be funny.

When its her turn to talk, she tells this long anecdote about going on a business trip a couple years back with a man on the staff to Las Vegas -- now that part was completely true and everyone knew that.

But then she starts into this long story about how the guy started pressuring her for sex, but she put him off by saying she didn't believe in sex before marriage -- so he took her to one of the quickie wedding chapels and they "got married" -- even though both are already married. She then implied they had a hot weekend together before getting the marriage "annulled."

I'm standing next to the guy while this is unfolding and he was white as a sheet. I swear I could hear the blood drumming in his temples.

She finishes by saying -- "That's all just a joke, by the way - I really had you all going!" So now she's leaving and everybody is going to half assume the story was true about a married guy. What the hell...

I had taken this woman out for a farewell lunch earlier in the week, and I was just waiting for another "joke story" about us ending up in a motel...I'd already decided I'd interrupt her and say, "sorry, but don't disrespect my wife." But luckily she didn't go there.

Never try to be Joan Rivers in a going away speech. Thank everybody, say its been a pleasure working with great people, and sit the hell down.

Last edited:
I cherish the sanctity of this place.
That's because we are round, can see the grass is always brighter on the other side of the fence and liked to eat before we understood that 555 nm sensitivity really mattered. I am very appreciative that the original solar powered deal deal was sealed before the animals crawled out.​

Last edited:
THIS TRAIN BY SISTER ROSETTA THARPE

I love me some Sister Tharpe

Sawnee -I don't know if you ever listen to podcasts, but there is one I've been listening to on my iPhone off and on for awhile called "The History of Rock in 500 Songs." It's by a Brit named Andrew Hickey.

I mention it because he does an entire episode on Rosetta Tharpe and the song "This Train" and its place in proto-rock history. Pretty interesting. It's Episode 5 of what is planned to be 500...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT