ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning! Had a heck of a time on the golf course yesterday. Wind got up early and was relentless by the time we were done. Must have been a few 50mph gusts. most of the big ones were in the 40mph range though. Managed to shoot an 83. On my way up there soon to figure out the scores. Doubt I won anything this week.

@awf I've got a couple of old school Polk bookshelf speakers you can have if you'd like them. I'll bring them when we get together for lunch with 82.

@UK82 I just looked at the weather for the 9th and the high is supposed to be 58°. It will be more like a Fall game than a Spring game.
Football weather!

Don't know him but I'd sure like to visit. I'd also recommend Magnetic Tape And Recorder on Preston Highway. They sell and repair stereo equipment. Very knowledgeable.
I might head over to that flea market on Saturday. I've never been. I did spend some time and money in that area back in the 80's though.

The flea market in Simpsonville has become a Little Mexico over the years. Wouldn't doubt that one is the same.

If you ever need huge speakers with flashing lights all over them, Simpsonville flea market is the place to go.

I might head over to that flea market on Saturday. I've never been. I did spend some time and money in that area back in the 80's though.

The flea market in Simpsonville has become a Little Mexico over the years. Wouldn't doubt that one is the same.

If you ever need huge speakers with flashing lights all over them, Simpsonville flea market is the place to go.
I spent a bunch of nights on 7th street.......as they say, " I spent money like a drunken sailor on weekend shore leave"........my favorite watering holes of the day were along that strip.....the flea market wasn't there and I remember it still being use by B&W as tobacco warehouses...

IMG_2175.JPG
Get Warren Buffet's RR off the D-League! 😁

Just went to a "Farewell" party for a female co-worker that was, to say the least, bizarre.

She had warned me she planned to be "a little risque" but told me to be sure and show up -- it'll be funny.

When its her turn to talk, she tells this long anecdote about going on a business trip a couple years back with a man on the staff to Las Vegas -- now that part was completely true and everyone knew that.

But then she starts into this long story about how the guy started pressuring her for sex, but she put him off by saying she didn't believe in sex before marriage -- so he took her to one of the quickie wedding chapels and they "got married" -- even though both are already married. She then implied they had a hot weekend together before getting the marriage "annulled."

I'm standing next to the guy while this is unfolding and he was white as a sheet. I swear I could hear the blood drumming in his temples.

She finishes by saying -- "That's all just a joke, by the way - I really had you all going!" So now she's leaving and everybody is going to half assume the story was true about a married guy. What the hell...

I had taken this woman out for a farewell lunch earlier in the week, and I was just waiting for another "joke story" about us ending up in a motel...I'd already decided I'd interrupt her and say, "sorry, but don't disrespect my wife." But luckily she didn't go there.

Never try to be Joan Rivers in a going away speech. Thank everybody, say its been a pleasure working with great people, and sit the hell down.

Should have walked up and .............slapped her in the face.... ;)

I won't go into some escapades I have had but suffice it to say. My Darling and my time together has been over a few decades as I know many of yours have been much longer than mine and My Darlings.

As I have told my wife (Not trying to down her in any way.) but any woman running after me is either a lunatic or has aids. (They don't know me like my Darling does.) I keep that mindset.

And another thing I have used a couple times when I was unfortunate to be confronted in this type of awkward manner. I complimented the lady and stated they were lovely or something like that but I asked them to understand something, My Darling had given me decades of herself. It would take at least those decades again for me to hurt my Darling in this type of manner. I asked them to please understand. I did things apologetically as to hope that it would be the end of it.

(Three years in Korea made me understand the depths of low some will go to.) I run from that and as quick as I can.

One thing I am thankful for now. I work from home. Rarely are my Darling and I far apart unless we are at a church function or bible study where the genders are separate. I guess some could accuse me but it will surely be hard to prove. ;)

Have a great evening,

Oh give a thought and a prayer for me and My Darling. We are looking at a house in the morning that we are seriously considering making an offer to purchase. House purchasing now as you know is stupidly crazy. (I have a license and do this part time but mostly for our use in purchasing or selling and to help my children as needed.) The Lord will give us what he wants us to have. Bless you all...

I will stop the book report now....

Last edited:
Should have walked up and .............slapped her in the face.... ;)

I won't go into some escapades I have had but suffice it to say. My Darling and my time together has been over a few decades as I know many of yours have been much longer than mine and My Darlings.

As I have told my wife (Not trying to down her in any way.) but any woman running after me is either a lunatic or has aids. (They don't know me like my Darling does.) I keep that mindset.

And another thing I have used a couple times when I was unfortunate to be confronted in this type of awkward manner. I complimented the lady and stated they were lovely or something like that but I asked them to understand something, My Darling had given me decades of herself. It would take at least those decades for me to hurt my Darling in this type of manner. I asked them to please understand. I did things apologetically as to hope that it would be the end of it.

(Three years in Korea made me understand the depths of low some will go to.) I run from that and as quick as I can.

One thing I am thankful for now. I work from home. Rarely are my Darling and I far apart unless we are at a church function or bible study where the genders are separate. I guess some could accuse me but it will surely be hard to prove. ;)

Have a great evening,

Oh give a thought and a prayer for me and My Darling. We are looking at a house in the morning that we are seriously considering making an offer to purchase. House purchasing now as you know is stupidly crazy. (I have a license and do this part time but mostly for our use in purchasing or selling and to help my children as needed.) The Lord will give us what he wants us to have. Bless you all...

I will stop the book report now....
I thought you were moving south?

Read today that Will Smith was asked to leave after he slapped CR. He refused to go. Also read that the police are still contemplating charges. This gift might keep on giving because CR said he hasn't had time to rationalize everything yet but that he would be talking about it in his future sets and that it will be serious and funny.

I hope CR starts talking about that dumbass Jayden Smith as well.

Read today that Will Smith was asked to leave after he slapped CR. He refused to go. Also read that the police are still contemplating charges. This gift might keep on giving because CR said he hasn't had time to rationalize everything yet but that he would be talking about it in his future sets and that it will be serious and funny.

I hope CR starts talking about that dumbass Jayden Smith as well.
6axxhc.jpg

I thought you were moving south?

Sir,
That was the intent. Then the Booger Butt and Little Booger came along and they aren't moving as of now. We may still move later but for now if it works out we will stay here a while. I can move anywhere I want to move now within the states. What I will very probably do is sell the house I live in as the price is good and high right now (Though my Darling wants to rent it. I don't. We have some good equity in this place and no capital gains to worry about.) and get us out of the stairs as the house we are looking at is in an over 55 community. (Gets us out of Fairfax county to into Price William County where the taxes are lower. Closer to BB and Little B too by three or four miles. May be too close to the daughters though.)

We thought of moving to our house in South Carolina but just not enough there that would make it good for my Darling. Florida is a consideration too with our son being there but now that is a future thought.

Who knows how it will work out. We are open-minded but these townhome stairs are not fun.

I was asking my supervisor at work what he would recommend to me to see while in Washington D.C. He said "This might sound weird, but Arlington". I told him that was one of top things I already had planned.
It is quite worthwhile. Be sure to do the research ahead of time on who all is buried there whose graves you might want to see. The place is massive and the maps you can download are useful. This is a start:

I've been there many times, including when my wife's father was interred but also just to see different parts of it with my son. There is actually a small memorial there honoring war correspondents who have been killed covering US actions, and I went to a ceremony there once when I was a young journalist with the family of Larry Burrows, the famous Life magazine photographer killed in Cambodia honoring him after some of his remains were recovered.

Last edited:
Good morning! 35° here on its way to 51°. Tee time is at 1130. It's going to be a cool one up there today. Only reason I agreed to play is the guy I play with all the time in the league retired a couple of days ago and this is his first Friday to play golf.

I don't know when I'll mow the grass, should be in the next couple of days, but I do know I'll have to pick up sticks and limbs first and then rake they hay after I mow. Last two wind events have left my backyard littered with tiny lumber.

Have a good day and don't do anything stupid like I'm about to do in a couple of hours.

Sir,
That was the intent. Then the Booger Butt and Little Booger came along and they aren't moving as of now. We may still move later but for now if it works out we will stay here a while. I can move anywhere I want to move now within the states. What I will very probably do is sell the house I live in as the price is good and high right now (Though my Darling wants to rent it. I don't. We have some good equity in this place and no capital gains to worry about.) and get us out of the stairs as the house we are looking at is in an over 55 community. (Gets us out of Fairfax county to into Price William County where the taxes are lower. Closer to BB and Little B too by three or four miles. May be too close to the daughters though.)

We thought of moving to our house in South Carolina but just not enough there that would make it good for my Darling. Florida is a consideration too with our son being there but now that is a future thought.

Who knows how it will work out. We are open-minded but these townhome stairs are not fun.
At 75 years old the stairs are a real challenge. I plan out my trips upstairs so I minimize the steps on my old hip.

Good day D-League.....if any of you folks get to Rupp Arena this weekend for the home improvement show......my daughter is going to be set up there........under the name of English Flare..........she got hoodwinked into signing up to be there......she normally does the craft circuit........these folks called her and basically lied to her about what kind of event it was......so any how.....if your there check her furniture and signs out.......she's got some neat things........

At 75 years old the stairs are a real challenge. I plan out my trips upstairs so I minimize the steps on my old hip.
We renovated the first floor of our home in it's entirety 8-9 yrs ago.......we camped out on the second floor.......three years ago we hired a contrator to gut the second floor and re-do it......he got it gutted......the plumber kind of got it roughed in........and they freaking vanished from the face of the planet.....with my money.......my knees/back is so bad sometimes that I don't care if we ever get it finished............not only that but it has cut down on the visits by the outlaws.......they evidently don't like a blow up mattress.....he, he........

Just went to a "Farewell" party for a female co-worker that was, to say the least, bizarre.

She had warned me she planned to be "a little risque" but told me to be sure and show up -- it'll be funny.

When its her turn to talk, she tells this long anecdote about going on a business trip a couple years back with a man on the staff to Las Vegas -- now that part was completely true and everyone knew that.

But then she starts into this long story about how the guy started pressuring her for sex, but she put him off by saying she didn't believe in sex before marriage -- so he took her to one of the quickie wedding chapels and they "got married" -- even though both are already married. She then implied they had a hot weekend together before getting the marriage "annulled."

I'm standing next to the guy while this is unfolding and he was white as a sheet. I swear I could hear the blood drumming in his temples.

She finishes by saying -- "That's all just a joke, by the way - I really had you all going!" So now she's leaving and everybody is going to half assume the story was true about a married guy. What the hell...

I had taken this woman out for a farewell lunch earlier in the week, and I was just waiting for another "joke story" about us ending up in a motel...I'd already decided I'd interrupt her and say, "sorry, but don't disrespect my wife." But luckily she didn't go there.

Never try to be Joan Rivers in a going away speech. Thank everybody, say its been a pleasure working with great people, and sit the hell down.

Great advice. Not many get criticized for a "too-short" speech anywhere.

Get Warren Buffet's RR off the D-League! 😁
I miss the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe name. Very flowing, rhythmic (try spelling that w/o looking up) pronunciation. But I never could say Atchison right. And where the h is Atchison? Why was it part of the name of such a great railway?

Oh yea, I rode it as a 3-years old from Chicago to LA & back with my mother. Bet she regretted it.

Checking in late today. Our dog is not doing well. We stabilized her pancreatitis, but she still will not eat. Possible kidney problems. I was up all night with her last night and plan on spending as much time as possible with her this afternoon upon picking her up from animal hospital at 5:30 pm. She returns to animal hospital tomorrow morning for more IVs. We might be forced to let her go. Surely hope not. I'm really bummed about it.

Anyway, y'all take care.

Checking in late today. Our dog is not doing well. We stabilized her pancreatitis, but she still will not eat. Possible kidney problems. I was up all night with her last night and plan on spending as much time as possible with her this afternoon upon picking her up from animal hospital at 5:30 pm. She returns to animal hospital tomorrow morning for more IVs. We might be forced to let her go. Surely hope not. I'm really bummed about it.

Anyway, y'all take care.
My thoughts and prayers are with you Austin. This is not easy and we understand.

Anyway, y'all take care.
It's difficult. When Maddie had DM, we took her from Ky to Palm Beach Florida to see the world's top researcher in DM. He couldn't do anything for her and she eventually lost use of her back legs, then her bowels and kidneys. Eventually we had to let her go. We kept at it as long as she had fight in her, but eventually she gave up the fight.

Anyway, y'all take care.

Sorry to hear that my brother, God's comfort to you and your family.

Last edited:

Anyway, y'all take care.
You're behaving responsibly, doing what you can unless you have some magic up your sleeve. I can't think of anyone better to make a decision for an ailing canine. The emotional response is natural. Decisions involving pet euthanasia can be really difficult. Bonds are genuine and can be very strong. Congratulations on being mammal. You would think it would be easier with all the stuff we know being human. Still knowing that pancreatitis associated with renal failure could be a fatal condition for any animal doesn't make it any easier.​

At 62 your stairs are a real challenge. They scare the shit out of me. I never go up them with shoes on for one thing. I wear nice socks and they are slick on the wood. The scariest part though is I know how much more it hurts to tump over now than it used to.

My lower back hurts all the time if I move a certain way. I try not to move those ways. Now I can't get out of my head the times my father told me I would hurt my back picking up something heavy. I told him it didn't hurt and he would say "wait until you're 40!" He may not have been accurate, but he was correct.

Anyway, y'all take care.
I hate that for you so much. You are one of the kindest, purest, people I've met and when bad things happen to people like you, it hurts me too. Best of luck buddy.

Anyway, y'all take care.
Damn. Really sorry Austin. I feel for you and you're doing everything possible. Never an easy decision. I've gone through it before and will go through it again but the love of a good dog is worth the pain. I can't imagine life without a dog. Best of luck and hoping for some good news.

I'm finding out what a terrible time this is to be looking for another car for my wife. As I've posted before she only drives about 2,500 miles a year, maybe 3,000 tops. Not much. I can't justify spending 25-35K on a new car. Used car prices are through the roof too. Oh well, keeping my eyes open for a good deal. If I'm going to sign a big check then it better be worth it.

I'm finding out what a terrible time this is to be looking for another car for my wife. As I've posted before she only drives about 2,500 miles a year, maybe 3,000 tops. Not much. I can't justify spending 25-35K on a new car. Used car prices are through the roof too. Oh well, keeping my eyes open for a good deal. If I'm going to sign a big check then it better be worth it.
I have a BMW I35I to sell. It needs 2 injectors. I'll have those fixed and let it go for a certain amount of dollars. Let me know if that's a go and I'll let you know how much you spent. Easy Peasy!

Yeah my Darlings car has a little snow damage. I can do the work myself and have it drivable now but try finding parts. I cannot find a bumper cover. (Oh, I can find them for three times the price but the regular parts houses keep stating out of stock.) It's drivable now and looks half-way decent. 47k miles isn't getting me to look at anything new....

Yeah my Darlings car has a little snow damage. I can do the work myself and have it drivable now but try finding parts. I cannot find a bumper cover. (Oh, I can find them for three times the price but the regular parts houses keep stating out of stock.) It's drivable now and looks half-way decent. 47k miles isn't getting me to look at anything new....
My wife is driving a 1997 Saturn with only 70, 000 miles. I've been known to drive cars until they drop. Saved me tons of cash in my lifetime but it's time. She has her heart set on a Kia Soul or Honda Civic. Used cars are not a good deal right now. May not be for several years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT