ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Love birds are again nesting in my untidy 25' fan palm. It's the first time in about 5 years in this palm. These ornamental birds really like sunflower seeds and ornamental flowers. I see them everyday at the the 2 sunflower seed feeders. They shred palm fronds and pack them to the nest site tucked in their feathers. These are subsidized LGBs (Little Green Birds).
Actually my first experience with old world parrots of any species and I find their family life interesting.. Glad to have the nesting back. I can now tell adults from fledglings and know what I'm looking at. Adults bring their young to the sunflower seeds. Hang out with the young until they start eating and they join others their age as a flock of the adolescent rosy-faced love birds. As young mature rapidly with mortality likely high, the flock consists of immatures of all levels of maturity. The adult birds continue to bring the young birds to feeders in the morning. Adults feed their immature young until they know what and where. Pecking order and recognized by intensity of redness of head levels? I don't know this but the hormones control eye color is beleived associated with recognition of maturity for Accipiters. Being green these suckers vanish in foliage. When the these adolescents without this rosy faceness show up, flocking hell breaks out. The rosy-faced adults quickly restore order . . . . with their beak. These birds do not segregate by color they segregate by what appears hormone maturity creation of super flock behaviors governed by these hormones. These birds socialize and pair off in their respective mixed family flocks of immatures. They are pairing and breeding as sub-adult. Also observed in other species of birds.
First time I've ever observed some kind of lovebird response I can only describe as some kind of a bird funeral. One morning several years ago a small flock was making huge racket so I went outside to see what was going on. I saw that one got itself hung up (scissored) between 2 lodged palm fronds in my palm and by the time I could rescue the little thing died. I placed it on a stump and small flocks of 2 -4 birds took turns flying down and vocalizing. Dozens did this over at least 30 mins.​
lovebird_tail_material_085.jpg
RosyfacedLovebird18.jpg

Maybe nothing has changed since Chicxulub except no thunder dragons and lots of mammals.
We bought lovebirds when we got married back in 1989. One bird pecked the other bird to death. Literally. Not much love.

Only one SEC team makes the Sweet 16, Arkansas. Pitiful. I'd like to hear what Jimmy Dykes says now. This wasn't just a flame out it was an embarrassment. Bad 4 days of basketball. Worst case scenario.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 59°F and raining. Chance for rain most of the day. We may top our around 78°F for our high.

And then there were Sixteen. Quite a weekend for college basketball. SEC disappointed everyone. Big XII has 3 teams playing next weekend.

Power just went off here twice earlier for about one minute each time. Cable box still trying to come back on. Modern problems.

Monday, Monday....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

ETopWb5X0AkO0jF

Good morning from ATX. Currently 59°F and raining. Chance for rain most of the day. We may top our around 78°F for our high.

And then there were Sixteen. Quite a weekend for college basketball. SEC disappointed everyone. Big XII has 3 teams playing next weekend.

Power just went off here twice earlier for about one minute each time. Cable box still trying to come back on. Modern problems.

Monday, Monday....

ETopWb5X0AkO0jF
Speaking of Modern Problems.

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-20%2Bat%2B10.11.15%2BPM.jpg

36.9°F and sunny. We are on our way to 73°. I look forward to that.

Ritchie leaves today. I had a fun weekend, I just wish that UK could have make it a great weekend. Auburn stunk really bad in their second game. They got it handed to them by Miami. I never expected that.

Work on taxes today. I hate it.

70° and sunny not a cloud in the sky. Our high will be a breezy 82° with 0% chance of rain.

I have the 2022 basketball season on the bottom shelf and will move forward. So much to do and my candle is burning at both ends so to speak. I have a whole lot of yard work to do and then get ready for planting. Our landscape had severe damage over the winter months but l have a plan.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teTRk6psVV08vh5EoTOXE0pk4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

Good afternoon! Went to the golf course this morning for free coffee and to talk about the Cats with an old friend. He countered each and every emotional complaint I had about Cal with a factual counterpoint. As we were talking I realized that I was still in the second stage of grief. I was angry.

I'm skipping the rest of it and going straight to acceptance. Never been one to follow unnecessary rules.

I am not only looking forward to next year, regardless of who comes, stays, or leaves. I am also glad that Cal will be the one putting them together and showing them how to play as a team while he treats some as scum and others as superstars. I'm fine with what happens. I do reserve the right to be passive / aggressive if I decide to be either.

My house is the same age as me. It needs help. Won't go in to the whole deal, but, I feel like the house has settled over the years and reduced the slope of my main sewer pipe under the house. I've seen a video of the inside of the pipe from my end to the street and there is nothing wrong with the pipe at all.

Needless to say, it is cast iron, and therefore no modification to that pipe is realistic. What I'm looking at is re-plumbing the entire house. My wife told me last night that she didn't care how much it cost, get it done. I'll have the last laugh there. I will not enjoy it though.

One more thing and I'm done. Would one of you guys please tell Cal these guys are not machines. They're not computers! Tell him that if they were, then you could easily micromanage them as they were performing their intended purpose.

Tell him he's dealing with humans and none of those like being told what to do the entire time they are trying to do something. He becomes redundant and mundane early in the game.

Thanks!

I do reserve the right to be passive / aggressive if I decide to be either.
  1. Totally agree given new information. your free to have 2 (or more) opinions.
  2. If a player doesn't want to play for UK . . . bye.
    iu
My house is the same age as me.
Mine too, a major reason why ya'll haven't seen more of me. That and the silly mask requirement.

Last edited:
My house is the same age as me. It needs help. Won't go in to the whole deal, but, I feel like the house has settled over the years and reduced the slope of my main sewer pipe under the house. I've seen a video of the inside of the pipe from my end to the street and there is nothing wrong with the pipe at all.

Needless to say, it is cast iron, and therefore no modification to that pipe is realistic. What I'm looking at is re-plumbing the entire house. My wife told me last night that she didn't care how much it cost, get it done. I'll have the last laugh there. I will not enjoy it though.
I know the feeling. My house was built in 1998. Because of the railroad moving me all the time this is the first house that we have ever had to maintain. In my working days we would move somewhere and be there for 5 years or less and leave.

Now I have replaced three air conditioners/heaters, roof, gutters, screen in the screened-in porch, all four toilets, hot water heater, 6 windows and 2 doors. Now that does not count what needs to be done this year.

Get er done.

Someone, maybe Sawnee, was talking about the church of scientology the other day. I got an order for 24 shades through a third party from them in Clearwater on Fort Harrison Ave.
That is them. Their international HQ is located on Ft Harrison Ave in the Old Fort Harrison Hotel. They bought pretty much all of down town.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 63°F and raining. We may warm to around 69°F for our high. Tornadoes hit just a few miles north of us in Round Rock last night, flipping over cars and ripping through buildings. Roughly 100 homes damaged. We were lucky.

Finally received check for jury duty yesterday, 3 months after sitting in court. Sigh. Typical local government.

Wildcat spring football practice begins today. Go Cats!

1f0a2bb15f6d649c5da27e172fd8919b.png

Good morning, D-League!

Puppy is letting us know (sometimes) when it has to eliminate. That is all. Still a bundle of joy. For someone

A cool 49° and a light dew on the grass.

Hope y'all have a great day!
He's probably letting you know all the time, even if you don't realize it. Just need to keep an eye on him. A young pup will probably need to eliminate 20 or 30 minutes after eating/drinking or soon after a round of play. If you see him sniffing around at those times, he's telling you. Have a treat handy, take him outside and praise him highly in an excited voice when he does the deed. We used that method to train Maddie when she was 8 weeks old and had her house broke the first weekend.

Morning Legionnaires!

45° on tap today with high winds. Rained most of the day yesterday. The most rain I have seen in a while.

@autintxcat, We don't need anymore "creeps" in this country we have enough of them all ready. Don't want to overload my donkey or in my case, my jackass.

Morning D

I trust your day is filled with what makes you happy whether it be sunshine, rain or fog. We have a sunny day, my preference, with a temperature of 56° and the sun will move that up to a pleasant 84°. The golf courses will be crowded as usual. As will the beaches. I will be working in the yard and hauling loads to the recycle center.

Have you ever heard someone say "Pray for our President". Preachers love to say that in the pulpit. I saw a bumper sticker that read "Pray For Biden --- Psalm 109:8"

So I looked it up and I found a reason I can pray for Brandon; Psalm 109:8 - "Let his days be few and brief; and let others step forward to replace him."

Praise the Lord I Saw The Light

He's probably letting you know all the time, even if you don't realize it. Just need to keep an eye on him. A young pup will probably need to eliminate 20 or 30 minutes after eating/drinking or soon after a round of play. If you see him sniffing around at those times, he's telling you. Have a treat handy, take him outside and praise him highly in an excited voice when he does the deed. We used that method to train Maddie when she was 8 weeks old and had her house broke the first weekend.
BTW, unless you catch the pup "immediately in the act", it will probably do no good to scold/punish. He won't associate the punishment with the act of pooping indoors being a misdeed. Likely it will just make him look for a hiding place next time- ie behind the couch. Best just to clean it up and watch him closer for warning signs next time.

BTW, unless you catch the pup "immediately in the act", it will probably do no good to scold/punish. He won't associate the punishment with the act of pooping indoors being a misdeed. Likely it will just make him look for a hiding place next time- ie behind the couch. Best just to clean it up and watch him closer for warning signs next time.

Good advice! Learned that from my friend's first wife, actually. He caught her dancing with another man and took her to task. She just stopped dancing with other men in public.... He's got a good one now, though.

Morning D

I trust your day is filled with what makes you happy whether it be sunshine, rain or fog. We have a sunny day, my preference, with a temperature of 56° and the sun will move that up to a pleasant 84°. The golf courses will be crowded as usual. As will the beaches. I will be working in the yard and hauling loads to the recycle center.

Have you ever heard someone say "Pray for our President". Preachers love to say that in the pulpit. I saw a bumper sticker that read "Pray For Biden --- Psalm 109:8"

So I looked it up and I found a reason I can pray for Brandon; Psalm 109:8 - "Let his days be few and brief; and let others step forward to replace him."

Praise the Lord I Saw The Light
No, pray for our president because Harris and Pelosi are the next in line behind him. Man we are screwed.

Pure blues and her voice is similar to Janice Joplin.

Did I say she can pick a guitar?
Thanks , Yes very. Yes Maybe too much. Exactly why she needs to shut up. After falling in, YouTube beat you with this. I ran for about 4 hours instructing YouTube how to find more of that eclectic stuff we obviously enjoy. I'll go back listen to what she has to say. I absolutely hated the shack shakers until I started listening to the folklore.

Wildcat spring football practice begins today. Go Cats!
will-levis-kentucky.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

45° on tap today with high winds. Rained most of the day yesterday. The most rain I have seen in a while.

@autintxcat, We don't need anymore "creeps" in this country we have enough of them all ready. Don't want to overload my donkey or in my case, my jackass.
Too late that ass's feet are not on solid ground.
DxMKWazWoAEWTNT.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT