ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I'm still in some state of shock with the loss. I felt the team had solidified, knew they could and believed they would. They were ready. As usual it was about jump shots and game flow. With all the puddles to shoot over, the solution seems simple. Can't have too many shooters.​
If Oscar and TyTy leave then I'm not sure where the scoring will come from next year. C.J. maybe? Sharpe will go pro. Two top 10 recruits coming in that can score but they're touted more for their defense. Transfer portal will be crucial.

UK basketball began in 1903. From 1903-1930, Rupp's first year, there were 15 different coaches. Granted basketball wasn't that big of a deal and no doubt paid a pauper's salary but that's a lot of coaches. If Cal stays another year then he'll pass Joe B. as the 2nd longest at 14 years.

I've been a big Cal supporter since Day 1 but it may be time for a change. Sorry, not sour grapes. I can't believe I'm saying this because I'm a huge fan of the coach but I'm seeing things in the past few years that I don't like. Time to move on? Not convinced yet but questioning.
As you and I have discussed, I've supported him as well. Probably still will on a couple of issues, but I'm done with him. If I have my way, the only time I'll hear him utter another word is under gameplay situations. I don't want to hear him talk to ME again, as a fan.

I'm going to the Spring game on April 9th. 1:00 kick off. Free admission, sit where you want. Wanna go?
I'm all about the football. Always have been and it finally paid off.

Had a great time at Bert's, as usual. Can't say enough about their hospitality! We ate, we drank, we were merry! Until the game.

Bert and Richie have watched the first weekend of the tournament with each other many times before. This is first time I have been there for it. We lost. My bad Bert!

As you and I have discussed, I've supported him as well. Probably still will on a couple of issues, but I'm done with him. If I have my way, the only time I'll hear him utter another word is under gameplay situations. I don't want to hear him talk to ME again, as a fan.

I'm going to the Spring game on April 9th. 1:00 kick off. Free admission, sit where you want. Wanna go?
Yeah, I'm in! Really looking forward to this year's team.

If Oscar and TyTy leave then I'm not sure where the scoring will come from next year. C.J. maybe? Sharpe will go pro. Two top 10 recruits coming in that can score but they're touted more for their defense. Transfer portal will be crucial.
Oscar and TyTy seem to have a special chemistry. if they return, if Sharpe plays as advertised. if Hopkins, Brooks, & Toppin hang around with portal RS CJ Frederick and the addition of a trio of 5🟊s. That's without portal madness so could be amazing if stars align correctly. Just too iffy to project now.

Last edited:
Focus on the important things in life. I like that. I have some good news this morning. I am digging a well and we finally hit bedrock. We are about 175' deep. That means the light at the end of the tunnel is shinning bright.

On a more sobering moment, my wife's Audi is in the garage. She went to start it a few days ago and gasoline started pouring out from under the hood onto the engine block. If the economy was better and life more certain I would probably trade it in for her but we decided to repair it. That was an expense not expected. So life goes on.

Cal has his millions and his players can go to the draft so I am certain he is feeling good this morning. After all it was just another game. But for UK it is historic. We join the 15 Beats 2 Club.

At least we didn't get a 1 seed. We could be in the rarer 16 Beats 1 seed club.

Oh. Put me in the Cal's Gotta Go club (which I've been in several years now).

Good Saturday Morning

It is 64° and we are waiting for the sun to rise. Breakfast will be served in 9 minutes. We expect a sunny day with a high temperature of 80°. A nice day to enjoy nature and the outdoors.

We struck some beautiful crystal clear water yesterday afternoon and have had it running all night to clear out any sand or rock particles before we hook it up to the irrigation system. Finally. Now I can get to work rebuilding my lawn and landscape. That will keep me busy enough.

Well after the Cats lost I tore up my bracket and turned off basketball. I doubt I watch a second as I have no interest. I sorta feel sorry for the sports bars in Kentucky because I would imagine this is their busiest time of the year, even more than Super Bowl Week, and a lot of fans may be like me, just no interest with Kentucky flaming out. Oh what could have been.

I trust all are well physically and mentally and hang in their. Football offers hope and better times.

I am with you, I just don't like to hear him talk because he does not shoot straight. I guess it is for a reason but for a fan with time and money invested in UK basketball I don't want to be played.

The NBA draft is not, for me as a UK fan, the most important day in UK history. No to me it is watching UK cut down the nets in Freedom Hall in 1958 as a 14 year old boy. Being the underdog to a fantastic Seattle team led by Elgin Baylor. Or getting up a 3:00 a.m. and driving 900 miles to Lexington with my six year old son to let him see his first game at Rupp. Then driving back to Clearwater all night and back to work on Monday. I did that many times when I was much younger. Those are my memories.

We are planning a trip to Lexington in April and I would like to attend the Spring game on the 9th. I have my annual doctor's visit on April 7 so I will have to see how it plays out. It would be nice to attend.

Good Saturday Morning

It is 64° and we are waiting for the sun to rise. Breakfast will be served in 9 minutes. We expect a sunny day with a high temperature of 80°. A nice day to enjoy nature and the outdoors.

We struck some beautiful crystal clear water yesterday afternoon and have had it running all night to clear out any sand or rock particles before we hook it up to the irrigation system. Finally. Now I can get to work rebuilding my lawn and landscape. That will keep me busy enough.

Well after the Cats lost I tore up my bracket and turned off basketball. I doubt I watch a second as I have no interest. I sorta feel sorry for the sports bars in Kentucky because I would imagine this is their busiest time of the year, even more than Super Bowl Week, and a lot of fans may be like me, just no interest with Kentucky flaming out. Oh what could have been.

I trust all are well physically and mentally and hang in their. Football offers hope and better times.
I listened to KSR yesterday to hear what the callers would say, and Jones was asking people to come out and eat at his bar. Said they had "plenty" of food.

Morning Legionnaires!

Chilly 32° this morning with a high around the mid 70's for the afternoon with light winds. Looks like a late morning start to the kayak fishing day.

Not going to watch another game in the tournament, will only read results as I did this morning. SEC not faring well as Alabama and LSU also went out to lesser opponents.

Don't know what to think about Cal. We had a decent season with some good games but it does seem to have that kind of Tubbyish feeling with our tournament performance in recent years. I know the players have to perform up to the standard of the plays being run, but it seems that the plays being run are just that, running around a lot with not much of an offensive game plan. If we are not able to run and score in transition, we seem to struggle. Cals half court game seems weak to me. Perhaps it is time to move on and find some up and coming coach who is hungry and is better in the X's and O's department.

I've stayed mostly off the basketball board and tried to respect the D, by keeping basketball off the D. Since others are opining, I'll add mt 2 cents. I know football is a different game, but Vince Lombardi once said, "Guys who can draw up plays are a dime a dozen." He meant you can hire guys for X and O's. The most important factors are motivation and assembling your team. I don't care if Tubby could draw up plays or if Cal can not. If they are lacking in certain areas, they should fill in the gaps with people who have those skills. If they have or will not, it's on them and they should pay the price.

Howdy D-League. A spectacular spring day here. We’re talking about driving down to DC to see the cherry blossoms around the Tidal Basin anchored by the Jefferson Memorial. Spring busting out.

We may wait a day so we can go out to lunch with our son before he sets off to Lexington later this evening. He was out with his HS basketball buddies last night and is sleeping in.

Hope it is nice wherever u are.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 46°F and clear. Today's high expected around 79°F.

Opening round loss still ticks me off. At least Cats not alone. LSU and Bama also went down. We may watch Baylor vs UNC and Wolverines vs Vols later today. Lady Cats face Princeton, 4 pm EST at Assembly Hall. Might check it out.

Plan on working outside a bit later. Must mow front and back yards.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

chocolate-caramel-day-PA-1024x614.jpg

Cloudy and windy 47.8°F here on our way to a chilly 50° for a high then down to 35 in the morning.

We watched a lot of basketball the last 4 days. The SEC ain't doing well as three half of the NCAA SEC field have now lost to lower seeds.

Enjoyed the company and Ritchie is here till Monday. Then I must finish up my tax work and give it to the CPA. Every year it is harder to get the data from financial places.

You all have a good day.

I am with you, I just don't like to hear him talk because he does not shoot straight. I guess it is for a reason but for a fan with time and money invested in UK basketball I don't want to be played.

We are planning a trip to Lexington in April and I would like to attend the Spring game on the 9th. I have my annual doctor's visit on April 7 so I will have to see how it plays out. It would be nice to attend.
That would be great! A D league meet up would be the perfect way to kick off the season. How many here are close enough to go to the game?

Historically, I have always stopped watching the tournament when UK gets put out. Basketball season is over at that point.

I still can't get over the audacity that it takes for Cal to tell me "losing in the SEC tournament was a Godsend". WTF? If the practices going back to last summer weren't enough for you to get your team right, then how in the hell is an extra 75 minutes going to help now? Then to top it off, he tells me that he's told me for 13 years that the SEC tournament doesn't matter!

Yes it does matter! It matters to the people who pay your salary. The people YOU work for! If all the coaches who preceded you had the mistaken idea that the NBA is more important than UK and its fans, then we wouldn't be who we are. You are a weak link Cal. Oh yeah, and your son is ugly and stupid and your wife dresses him funny. Doggone ya!

Good Morning D
Perhaps it is time to move on and find some up and coming coach who is hungry and is better in the X's and O's department.
He meant you can hire guys for X and O's.
Cal's got a billion dollar Kentucky basketball program to run. It appears to me, most of the time, he does fine. Finding a nerdy assistant willing to put a hyperbolic paraboloid into action sounds interesting.

That would be great! A D league meet up would be the perfect way to kick off the season. How many here are close enough to go to the game?

Historically, I have always stopped watching the tournament when UK gets put out. Basketball season is over at that point.

I still can't get over the audacity that it takes for Cal to tell me "losing in the SEC tournament was a Godsend". WTF? If the practices going back to last summer weren't enough for you to get your team right, then how in the hell is an extra 75 minutes going to help now? Then to top it off, he tells me that he's told me for 13 years that the SEC tournament doesn't matter!

Yes it does matter! It matters to the people who pay your salary. The people YOU work for! If all the coaches who preceded you had the mistaken idea that the NBA is more important than UK and its fans, then we wouldn't be who we are. You are a weak link Cal. Oh yeah, and your son is ugly and stupid and your wife dresses him funny. Doggone ya!
Your dang right the SEC Tournament matters. Why do UK fans out number other schools 10-1. Why do fans take that week off for vacation and spend 1,000's of dollars to make the trip. BECAUSE IT MATTERS. This year the tournament was during Spring Break in the Tampa area. 500,000 visitors were down here. During Spring Break Hotels were going for over $600 a night. Then add on restaurant prices and travel costs. You think fans came down not caring about who wins the tournament.

Dang it Cal you lost to the Peacocks. Who loses to peacocks.

XRtyzctfrLqFGiGxOgcp.png

Your dang right the SEC Tournament matters. Why do UK fans out number other schools 10-1. Why do fans take that week off for vacation and spend 1,000's of dollars to make the trip. BECAUSE IT MATTERS. This year the tournament was during Spring Break in the Tampa area. 500,000 visitors were down here. During Spring Break Hotels were going for over $600 a night. Then add on restaurant prices and travel costs. You think fans came down not caring about who wins the tournament.

Dang it Cal you lost to the Peacocks. Who loses to peacocks.

XRtyzctfrLqFGiGxOgcp.png
Hopefully someone is yelling "GO" at him in the background.

Last edited:
A spectacular spring day here. We’re talking about driving down to DC to see the cherry blossoms around the Tidal Basin anchored by the Jefferson Memorial. Spring busting out.
When I was a boy, we had a small house so the sun room (a windowed back porch) was my bedroom. It was surrounded by several stunning cherry trees. several times I was blessed with nesting robins right outside my window amongst the bloosoms.
Nest-Bloom-Bird-Cherry-Blossoms-Nature-Robin-Tree-5996431.jpg

When I was a boy, we had a small house so the sun room (a windowed back porch) was my bedroom. It was surrounded by several stunning cherry trees. several times I was blessed with nesting robins right outside my window amongst the bloosoms.
I am always glad to see the robins nesting.......it is the sign that I look for before I start training my racing pigeons.....when the robins start nesting the Cooper Hawk stops chasing pigeons........robins are much easier to catch while sitting on the nest........

Charles just said "(Kentucky) always plays to the level of their competition. Come on, team.

Go Cats!

This was my concern before the game started. Young/new teams do that unless they have a coach that will "run up" a score.

Now, let me say that I don't believe in that term. A team should have an identity and play to the strongest version of it. If the other team can't stop them, whose fault is that? It's a battle not a negotiation. Cal, like Pitino in '97 not letting DA play, is too worried about how he's perceived.

If he coached the team right, as is expected of a coach making 100k much less 9M, they know and are experienced with how to handle any zone defense, that coach doesn't "forget" who he has on the bench, and he for sure doesn't squander momentum. He lets the team put the pedal down. How many teams let up on their underdog opponents the last few days besides UK?

The last time we played UT, we played like a team that knew they could beat them, rather than a team that wanted to crush them again. I want teams like the latter. I want a team that will dunk on an opponent with a 30 point lead and 1min left on the clock. I can't stand it when our back up come in to "run out the clock" and won't shoot or run the offense like they want to be starters in the NCAA Finals. Any coach that tells the guys that never get to play to go out there and run out the clock rather than trying to score is a poor example of a "coach," imo.

That's the OPPOSITE of coaching. It's simply management. Coaches that don't use the bench as a teaching tool when a player is playing poorly and there are other players on it, is damn near foolish. Competitors wouldn't want to play for him.

"Running out the clock" should be called what it is - "giving your opponent an opportunity to win." (Taking a knee, imo, is not running out the clock, btw. It is more insulting to a true competitor than running another play and trying to score.)

It is just unbelievable how a team that looked so much like a realistic contender not that long ago could end up looking so bad near the end of the season for no discernible reason.

Cal is clearly discernable in this to me. Our assist numbers and flow were abysmal at the end of things. He can't get out of his own way and seems to squeeze too tight during games when he should sit down and shut up, let his team play. Perhaps overthinking and micromanaging on his part? I know the guy has to have some form of a.d.d. or something. I've been at a press conference and it reads like that to me

You Presby? I've some ten generations. All bloodlines documented all over 200 most 300 years. These give me deep, crossback and protestant roots. All european predominantly Anglo- Saxon.​
celtic-cross-brigid-nelson.jpg
We were at one time. Tracing back through my father our name was Fitzgerald and we lived in Adare, Ireland. Solid Catholic. A King placed a ransom on a powerful land owner in Scotland and said anyone who brings me his head on a platter can have all of his wealth. One of my direct ancestors did and he got the land and moved over to Scotland. The King changed his name. The family converts to Presbyterian. Several generations pass and the King of England wants some protestants in Ireland. One of the ones he picked to go over was another direct line ancestor who had became a minister in the Presbyterian Church. He was relocated from Stranraer, Scotland to Ulster, Ireland and trouble began immediately. Catholic Ireland vs. Ulster Scots. Stranraer to Ulster is about 15 miles across the water.

The family later left Ulster and migrated to Philadelphia then went Westward to Appalachia Pennsylvania. Once there the Quakers let them know Presbyterians were not welcome and they better find the first Wagon Train out of town. They drifted down to Upper South Carolina and settled in. They lived far out of any town and Presbyterians had a church but would not go out to the people. The Baptist had circuit riders and they did go out among the rural people. The family were Presbyterians but not attending services and they converted to Baptist and worshiped in Brush Arbor style services. Now our family is pretty much Baptist.

BRUSH ARBOR MEETING

R.171b13799816e55654ea9c53d0557265

FLAG OF ULSTER, IRELAND

1280px-Flag_of_Ulster.svg.png

Last edited:
I'm still in some state of shock with the loss. I felt the team had solidified, knew they could and believed they would. They were ready. As usual it was about jump shots and game flow. With all the puddles to shoot over, the solution seems simple. Can't have too many shooters.​

I'm forever frustrated that, with the shooters Cal has gotten, them being afraid to shoot, and looking over to the bench or acting like they feel like someone is watching them to see if they'll shoot at the wrong time. Then they go to the NBA and light it up... It's really, really aggravating

Howdy D-League. A spectacular spring day here. We’re talking about driving down to DC to see the cherry blossoms around the Tidal Basin anchored by the Jefferson Memorial. Spring busting out.

We may wait a day so we can go out to lunch with our son before he sets off to Lexington later this evening. He was out with his HS basketball buddies last night and is sleeping in.

Hope it is nice wherever u are.

Please share some pictures if you can!

Is that one of your photos? Did you take that picture? Beautiful. Makes me want to pic up a paint brush again

We were at one time. Tracing back through my father our name was Fitzgerald and we lived in Adare, Ireland. Solid Catholic. A King placed a ransom on a powerful land owner in Scotland and said anyone who brings me his head on a platter can have all of his wealth. One of my direct ancestors did and he got the land and moved over to Scotland. The King changed his name. The family converts to Presbyterian. Several generations pass and the King of England wants some protestants in Ireland. One of the ones he picked to go over was another direct line ancestor who had became a minister in the Presbyterian Church. He was relocated from Stranraer, Scotland to Ulster, Ireland and trouble began immediately. Catholic Ireland vs. Ulster Scots. Stranraer to Ulster is about 15 miles across the water.

The family later left Ulster and migrated to Philadelphia then went Westward to Appalachia Pennsylvania. Once there the Quakers let them know Presbyterians were not welcome and they better find the first Wagon Train out of town. They drifted down to Upper South Carolina and settled in. They lived far out of any town and Presbyterians had a church but would not go out to the people. The Baptist had circuit riders and they did go out among the rural people. The family were Presbyterians but not attending services and they converted to Baptist and worshiped in Brush Arbor style services. Now our family is pretty much Baptist.

BRUSH ARBOR MEETING

R.171b13799816e55654ea9c53d0557265

FLAG OF ULSTER, IRELAND

1280px-Flag_of_Ulster.svg.png
Why do they have Michigan on their flag?
I'm forever frustrated that, with the shooters Cal has gotten, them being afraid to shoot, and looking over to the bench or acting like they feel like someone is watching them to see if they'll shoot at the wrong time. Then they go to the NBA and light it up... It's really, really aggravating
I've been saying that for a while now. How are these guys such good shooters in high school. Good shooters preseason, and then go spastic?

Is CJ Frederick gonna go from a 50% shooter to a 30%er?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT