ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

This boy is being bad and taking small dogs and kitty cats out of people's yards. But if you live close to wildlife those things happen. I received this photo from a member of a group I belong to. With a warning. I have a yard full of squirrels he can help clean out.

275496578_10222347579063960_3613647282346627700_n.jpg

This boy is being bad and taking small dogs and kitty cats out of people's yards. But if you live close to wildlife those things happen. I received this photo from a member of a group I belong to. With a warning. I have a yard full of squirrels he can help clean out.

275496578_10222347579063960_3613647282346627700_n.jpg
These are a ground foraging species of forest ecotone habitat, coloration similar to N.A. accipters (adapted for ambush) Bet they do love squirrels, just the right size. Place squirrel feeder appropriately visable from a large tree away to ambush from near a fenced or wall of hay to obstruct escape and you're all set. Bushy-tailed tree rats are tasty. Let the show begin.​

Squirrel feeder
b5251e9d92127b0cd71e4be1ddca316f.jpg

Raw peanuts should get quick attention.

Last edited:
Good afternoon! Just got in from the golf course. Decided to go fill my truck up on the way home. 4.16/gal. Cost me $65 to fill it up from just under half. 2 months ago that would have been from empty.

I watched Louisville play Virginia last night. I'm not bragging about it, but I am admitting to it. I don't care how far down the shitter they go. I'll still rubberneck that trainwreck.

Talked to Don yesterday and in true, old school fashion, we discussed next years team before this one even plays a game in the conference tourney. It's who we are. It's what we do.

Wheeler is coming back. Brooks, Toppin, Collins, Hopkins will all be back. CJ Frederick, a solid 50% 3 point marksman will be back. We've got 2 supposed real good Freshmen coming as well. Icing on the cake will be Oscar coming back and Sharpe playing his year out. Mercy! What a team.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 60°F and cloudy. Warmest part of the day. Cold front moving down this way. Noticed 42°F at Fort Hood. Low predicted around 31°F. Think I'll carry my jacket during morning walk.

Vandy vs Cats tonight at 8:15 pm EST. Wife and I watched Tide vs Dores last night. They played a big second half and pulled it out against Bama. Go Cats!

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Oatmeal-Nut-Waffle-Day-March-11.png

Brandon got us over $4.00 per gallon. Below are the averages for gasoline in our little town as of this morning. We are in the Big Leagues now

Regular $4.19

Midgrade $3.94

Premium $4.45

Diesel $3.89

Things are getting serious folks and citizens are getting angry.
$3.85 on post which is generally about 5 cent cheaper than the surrounding city of Lawton. Diesel here is over a dollar more a gallon.

These are a ground foraging species of forest ecotone habitat, coloration similar to N.A. accipters (adapted for ambush) Bet they do love squirrels, just the right size. Place squirrel feeder appropriately visable from a large tree away to ambush from near a fenced or wall of hay to obstruct escape and you're all set. Bushy-tailed tree rats are tasty. Let the show begin.​

Squirrel feeder
b5251e9d92127b0cd71e4be1ddca316f.jpg

Raw peanuts should get quick attention.
This guy can help them find their meals.

Good Morning D

The SEC tournament is all the buzz down here.

Today brings us 72° and partly cloudy skies. By mid afternoon the temperature will reach 86° . Only a small chance of rain but that may be changing over night.

Cats take on Vandy. We know we can beat them so let's do it and advance. Win tonight and advance. More basketball for me today. Best time of the year for the next few weeks. Go CATS

sec-web-1646949029.jfif

Good morning folks.

It gets real today, in terms of the Hoops post-season. Not sure how I feel about Vandy upsetting Alabama. Probably less jeopardy for the Cats to be upset - Alabama has one of those teams that can hit 18 threes at any time, and if that was paired with a sluggish offensive night for Kentucky could spell trouble. But I wasn't relishing seeing the Cats play that Thug Ball this early in the post-season.

Glad to see the baseball thing work out. Because of the lingering labor issues -- seems funny to call it that when my frame of reference is being an hourly pipeline worker in my youth, not a utility infielder making $13 million -- I haven't kept up with the Reds. I assume they lost a couple key players through cheapness to the Big Markets and are trying to squeeze a season or two out of a fading journeyman pitcher. The usual. But somehow the game still has that resonance for the first couple weeks of the season at least.

Go Reds!

Good morning folks.

It gets real today, in terms of the Hoops post-season. Not sure how I feel about Vandy upsetting Alabama. Probably less jeopardy for the Cats to be upset - Alabama has one of those teams that can hit 18 threes at any time, and if that was paired with a sluggish offensive night for Kentucky could spell trouble. But I wasn't relishing seeing the Cats play that Thug Ball this early in the post-season.

Glad to see the baseball thing work out. Because of the lingering labor issues -- seems funny to call it that when my frame of reference is being an hourly pipeline worker in my youth, not a utility infielder making $13 million -- I haven't kept up with the Reds. I assume they lost a couple key players through cheapness to the Big Markets and are trying to squeeze a season or two out of a fading journeyman pitcher. The usual. But somehow the game still has that resonance for the first couple weeks of the season at least.

Go Reds!
I sure listened to WCKY carry the Cats. When I first moved to Jacksonville I would set up two radios, one on WHAS and the other on WCKY. When one would fade out I would switch to the other.

I sure listened to WCKY carry the Cats. When I first moved to Jacksonville I would set up two radios, one on WHAS and the other on WCKY. When one would fade out I would switch to the other.
Bert,

I've done that on occasion back in the day from DC, with limited success. It was always easier to get the Reds on clear summer nights on WLW...

There was a period in the Washington area where some guys took over a small Northern Virginia public television outfit, and they used to broadcast the Kentucky basketball Jefferson Pilot feed as a "telethon!" When the feed would go to a commerical, these guys would get on the air and cajol Kentucky fans to join the station as "members" and get some sort of t-shirt or whatever. I'd send them a few bucks every year, and they kept it going for several seasons as I recall.

I did the same thing down in Clearwater. Our house was made of CBS and radio waves had a hard time getting through. I would take the radios outside and the one coming in the best is the one I went with. 1530 actually did better because of Castro down in Cuba.

When Castro wanted to harass America he would take his blow torch radio station (840 on the dial) and turn it in the direction of Miami that had a little station down there, also with 840 on the dial. That was his target He did this often during UK games so we would get a lot of Spanish / Commie propaganda for a couple of hours.

1530 was a little stronger than WHAS at night even when Castro was behaving badly

Last edited:
Bert,

I've done that on occasion back in the day from DC, with limited success. It was always easier to get the Reds on clear summer nights on WLW...

There was a period in the Washington area where some guys took over a small Northern Virginia public television outfit, and they used to broadcast the Kentucky basketball Jefferson Pilot feed as a "telethon!" When the feed would go to a commerical, these guys would get on the air and cajol Kentucky fans to join the station as "members" and get some sort of t-shirt or whatever. I'd send them a few bucks every year, and they kept it going for several seasons as I recall.
I was totally involved with trying to follow the Cats. I remember the DC TV station that covered the Cats. I had cable and sat. I was walking in tall cotton.

In 1986 I was transferred from Evansville, IN to Houston, TX. I knew well that I would never see another UK game on TV. So I spent a fortune (to me it was a fortune) on a 12' sat dish on top of a big mortgage.

From 1986 until 2003 I kept a large dish (several dishes in Houston, Baltimore and Jacksonville) to make darn sure that I did not miss a game, I kept trading up. The electronics could really get expensive as they went from open transmission into scrambling the signal to keep folks like me from seeing it. Then they went to the KU band and it got a lot more complex. I kept spending money and kept recording the games. My brain finally let me down (too dumb to keep up with the encoding) and I retired to Kentucky where I did not have to worry about getting the Cats.

I love the stories of how hard UK guys try to get the games. I love UK. It is stupid, but it is what I do.

Last edited:
I did the same thing down in Clearwater. Our house was made of CBS and radio waves had a hard time getting through. I would take the radios outside and the one coming in the best is the one I went with. 1530 actually did better because of Castro down in Cuba.

When Castro wanted to harass America he would take his blow torch radio station (840 on the dial) and turn it in the direction of Miami that had a little station down there, also with 840 on the dial. That was his target He did this often during UK games so we would get a lot of Spanish / Commie propaganda for a couple of hours.

1530 was a little stronger than WHAS at night even when Castro was behaving badly
Us old folks that lived a long way from Lexington know all about Castro.

Sawnee every post brings us closer. We share so much common history.

Us old folks that lived a long way from Lexington know all about Castro.

Sawnee every post brings us closer. We share so much common history.
You don't know what being a die hard UK fan means until you had to fight Fidel Castro during a UK game. LOL

I even had a neighbor call the sheriff on me once because I was trying so hard to get reception for the game. "NO OFFICER I AM NOT DRUNK" "I am a UK fan" and Castro is messing with us.

Geeze it is bad to be this stupid.
It got us through high school! Quit yer bitchin.
We are sending it your way. We have snow coming down now and are at 29°.
STOP IT!!
kallie_home.jpg

giphy.gif

Raptors learn very fast that food appears at the end of the canine nose.
Perhaps an ancient knowledge?
Ancient knowledge = evolution

Everyone, at least most people, assume that everything we see is the color we see it as. Truth is, color as we know it, is how our brain perceives a certain wavelength of radiation. That bird doesn't know what kind of dog that is, or that it is a dog at all. What it knows is that shape is going to kill another shape and it might be one I want to eat as well.

Humans complicate things.

The Harris Hawk cooperatively hunt in family flocks. Wild ones do not like Canines (coyotes or dogs). The evolutionary thing. I knew a biologist who tested using Harris Hawks to undomesticate endangered quail. They used an imprinted Harris Hawk who had lost that fear and hunted with the dog. That bird was perfectly focused on his part . . the kill . It would follow the trainer (falconer) and let him flush prey as well as the dog. PERFECTLY content with a morsel as reward for the teamwork. Dinosaurs mind you.
a51b999ffbc01783895408c8022edf16_orig.jpg

Good morning folks.

Go Reds!
Neat scorecard. W Covington KY carries UK football & basketball to this day. Note that Claude Sullivan was the play-by-play guy. Saw my first game at Crosley with Dad in 1954 against the BROOKLYN Dodgers. Neatest thing about the place to me was the outfield terrace that started about 25' from fence/wall.

Evolution came first.
You've had enough time to rethink. Want to change your statement?

Good game Cats! Maintained a lead and finished it off. Good, solid, basic basketball.

Let's say Pat Adams and Doug Shows are showing us "tough love". They are hard on us because they want us to be all we can be. Then I'll say they're some dedicated bastards.

It got us through high school! Quit yer bitchin.

STOP IT!!

Ancient knowledge = evolution

Everyone, at least most people, assume that everything we see is the color we see it as. Truth is, color as we know it, is how our brain perceives a certain wavelength of radiation. That bird doesn't know what kind of dog that is, or that it is a dog at all. What it knows is that shape is going to kill another shape and it might be one I want to eat as well.

Humans complicate things.

I'll be a suck-egg Mule...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT