ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Paid $4.14 9/10th's for 87 octane yesterday.... Up from $3.94 9/10's three days earlier...
I am going to have to get creative when it comes to training my racing team this year. I like to train almost double of what the race is......if it is a 300 mile race....I want to train my birds about 450-500 miles in the preceding week..........and that is about max training.....but we have 2-300's, 1-400 & 1-500 mile race.....that is a full month of road training to get them ready.......I might start a sprint club.............not only is the SOB crashing my 401 K.......but he is putting my lifelong hobby up on a shelf that is hard to reach.........I need a stimulus check.........

Good morning from ATX. Currently 33°F, clear and chilly. High expected around 68°F later this afternoon.

Hey, at least Duke lost last night. Go Aggies.

Selection Sunday. Definite 2-seed. Hopefully not falling to a 3-seed.

Spring forward...

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

89c14d251234aac1529228b4c968c649.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

🤮The last two performances do not give me a good feeling going forward. Hopefully they can refocus and get back on track. Especially Grady.

Edited for breakfast: @AustinTXCat , that cake has me salivating so much my wife is thinking about calling the vet, she thinks I might be rabid. No @BBUK I said rabid although she probably thinks I am a rabbit sometimes too. 🐰

Last edited:
It is a cold 25.9°F and cloudy. The snow really melted yesterday, but the ground is basically still white. It is supposed to get up to 52° today so most of it should melt.

The secret to beating UK is to get Oscar Tshiebwe off the court. Thanks to Pat Adams and Doug Shows he got to play 24 minutes. Add 2 of 20 from the three and this UK team is not going to beat a good team.

I will be rooting for A&M big time today.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning All,

We have sunny skies but abnormal temperatures of 43° after the heavy rain and thunderstorms the past 24 hours. The skies will be sunny all day as we reach our high today of 65°. Clear skies will remain the next few days and our temperatures will be in the high 70's or low 80's. Next week should be back to normal.

Not much for me to add to the comments about the Cats poor showing yesterday. Tennessee has UK's number in football and basketball and this may be the norm for years to come. They always seem to play tougher against the Cats. Hopefully we have seen the last of them this year.

We are getting a little smoke from a controlled burn on the other side the swamp.

275323770_331326925703689_4089375627997460393_n.jpg

Good morning folks.

Congratulations to the Kentucky Rifle Team. National Champions. I always say you can't have too many shooters....Now as for that OTHER Kentucky team, well, I guess enough has been said. We'll just have to hope for a refocus and a nice run beginning next week. The 2014 team lost in the SEC tournament, had a so-so opening game in the NCAAs, then just found itself for an epic run. So anything can happen.

Really cold today - 17F when I headewd out for my walk, and windy enough that it felt even colder. Drinking a second cup of coffee to thaw out. Hope it is a great day for everyone.

Good morning folks.

Congratulations to the Kentucky Rifle Team. National Champions. I always say you can't have too many shooters....Now as for that OTHER Kentucky team, well, I guess enough has been said. We'll just have to hope for a refocus and a nice run beginning next week. The 2014 team lost in the SEC tournament, had a so-so opening game in the NCAAs, then just found itself for an epic run. So anything can happen.

Really cold today - 17F when I headewd out for my walk, and windy enough that it felt even colder. Drinking a second cup of coffee to thaw out. Hope it is a great day for everyone.
-17 ???? I had no idea it got that cold in your area.

Good morning folks.

The 2012 championship team lost to Vandy in the SEC final by 7 points. Remember crying Keving Stallings? They then played a 16-18 WKU and squandered a 30-point lead to win by only 15. Even with that great team I remember many fair weather fans hitting the panic button.

Made a pan of biscuits, fried a couple brown eggs hard, cooked some fake ham and had two fake ham (turkey ham.), egg, and sharp cheddar cheese biscuits. With coffee and just a splash of sweet milk. Feel good....

Have a great day....

Last edited:
I didn't turn on any basketball today. I've had enough for a while. Next game I see will be at Bert and Sherrie's Good Times Emporium and Hostel.

Golf on Tuesday and Wednesday. After the Wed round I'll have some cooking to do. I'm looking forward to baking this rye bread. Cooking the corned beef is as simple as boiling water. I also get to make the russian dressing for the sandwiches. I'll use homemade mayo for the base. Making mayo is another one of the things I like to do. It amazes me every time all that stuff turns into a white fluffy cloud of goodness. I like the sciencey side of cooking.

I can't believe what I just saw. As of now I have no problems with our draw. Baylor is our 1 but we won't see them. Look for us to play Murray State in the second game. At least we're playing close to home in Indy. Should be smooth sailing if we can just play the way we did last month.

No problems with the path for UK. Hate it that Murray State might be our 2nd game. Really screws the Commonwealth by pitting the only 2 state teams that early. Knew it would happen. Really surprised they didn't put the Cats in the same half of the bracket as IU, UCLA and UNC.

10 Rare sea-creatures You Will See The First Time
Weird title, it's in English...

12 of the biggest Atheletes to exist...

The NCAA selection committee can screw up more than anything and never be held to account.

Duke is a 2 and Tennessee is a 3. No way.

Also have you ever noticed how often they will try to pit UK against an in-state school. It is not fair to UK or the other Kentucky school.

The B1G, Big 12 and ACC bias continues year after year.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 82°F and mostly cloudy. Today's high projected around 82°F.

Another Selection Sunday in the books. Agree, committee often places universities from same state in first two rounds. Happened last season when Abilene Christian played lower-seeded and Big 12 tourney champion UTexas. ACU won that game in an upset. Couple years earlier, UK played NKU. Also agree Tennessee should be at least a #2 seed and Duke seeded too high.

Monday, Monday....

ddsdi6a-7a07c2e9-0f9b-4e3a-9492-467f0199f093.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 82°F and mostly cloudy. Today's high projected around 82°F.

Another Selection Sunday in the books. Agree, committee often places universities from same state in first two rounds. Happened last season when Abilene Christian played lower-seeded and Big 12 tourney champion UTexas. ACU won that game in an upset. Couple years earlier, UK played NKU. Also agree Tennessee should be at least a #2 seed and Duke seeded too high.

Monday, Monday....

ddsdi6a-7a07c2e9-0f9b-4e3a-9492-467f0199f093.jpg

Good Morning all,

I've learned to eat just one! Dangerous material for a National Food today!

Have a Great Day all!

Last edited:
The NCAA selection committee can screw up more than anything and never be held to account.

Duke is a 2 and Tennessee is a 3. No way.

Also have you ever noticed how often they will try to pit UK against an in-state school. It is not fair to UK or the other Kentucky school.

The B1G, Big 12 and ACC bias continues year after year.
What a joke the NCAA selection committee is. Oh I am not unhappy with UK's seed but several others have been puzzling. Do late season games and tournaments count for anything.?

I never thought I would feel sorry for Tennessee but they have a better argument for a 1 seed than a 3. Baylor has no business as a 1. And somebody convince me Texas A& M did not play we well enough to MAKE the tournament. They should be no lower than a 4. The SEC tournament is meaningless when it comes to the NCAA tournament. It's only purpose is to make money and give fans a few days vacation.

And what is this NET ranking stuff? Houston is rated 3 in the NET and gets a 5 seed? Who ever runs that thing should just do away with it. It means zilch.

Enough of that, UK fared well so all is well in the BBN. I hope the 6 SEC teams that made it in do too.

What a joke the NCAA selection committee is. Oh I am not unhappy with UK's seed but several others have been puzzling. Do late season games and tournaments count for anything.?

I never thought I would feel sorry for Tennessee but they have a better argument for a 1 seed than a 3. Baylor has no business as a 1. And somebody convince me Texas A& M did not play we well enough to MAKE the tournament. They should be no lower than a 4. The SEC tournament is meaningless when it comes to the NCAA tournament. It's only purpose is to make money and give fans a few days vacation.

And what is this NET ranking stuff? Houston is rated 3 in the NET and gets a 5 seed? Who ever runs that thing should just do away with it. It means zilch.

Enough of that, UK fared well so all is well in the BBN. I hope the 6 SEC teams that made it in do too.
I don't get worked up about seeds at all. You have to beat 6 teams regardless and you don't play 58+ teams at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT