ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

He probably flipped him the bird.

I just don't trust Cardinal mutants with teeth. Here . . .
LouisvilleMascot.jpg

"Flip the Bird" appears to be showing school values.

Last edited:
Darn, I'd have never thought that much. of course Amazon with their hidden post office bennies can ship it free.
The box size was 19 by 19 by 25 and as a business, we get a discount. I'm sure Amazon would be cheaper, but even they wouldn't ship those free without charging an arm and a leg. I've shipped boxes to the west coast that were 100 bucks. Obviously, the better the shades nest, you get more in a box. I was talking to a motel manager once about the nesting factor. She said the chains use interior decoraters who like the look of shades which are the same or very near the same top and bottom. For instance in the sixty dollar deal, with a two inch difference in the top and bottom, they could get 12 in a box instead of 2. 5 dollars per shade freight vs 30 per shade. If a motel has 200 shades, that is one thousand in freight vs six thousand. Of course they would use a freight truck if they were changing them all at the same time, but I'm just trying to make a point and many only buy one box at a time.

The box size was 19 by 19 by 25 and as a business, we get a discount. I'm sure Amazon would be cheaper, but even they wouldn't ship those free without charging an arm and a leg. I've shipped boxes to the west coast that were 100 bucks. Obviously, the better the shades nest, you get more in a box. I was talking to a motel manager once about the nesting factor. She said the chains use interior decoraters who like the look of shades which are the same or very near the same top and bottom. For instance in the sixty dollar deal, with a two inch difference in the top and bottom, they could get 12 in a box instead of 2. 5 dollars per shade freight vs 30 per shade. If a motel has 200 shades, that is one thousand in freight vs six thousand. Of course they would use a freight truck if they were changing them all at the same time, but I'm just trying to make a point and many only buy one box at a time.

If not too nosy what city is your operation?

My Son's now famous... When you think of him, think of a colon.. (But I love him.)

This was in the Gainesville, Fl. paper today. I guess it is be kind to colon week or month or something like that...

safe_image.php

I also posted his picture at the UK Florida game.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 38°F, clear and calm. Today's high expected around 75°F. We'll take it.

Vandy and Missouri won their play-in games last night during SEC Tournament. Four games scheduled today.

I walk past a Valero gas station daily. Gasoline seems holding around $3.79/gal since Tuesday. Stay tuned for tomorrow's price. Hopefully not crazy increases by the time I drive back east next month.

Busy at work. Glad when co-worker returns next Monday. Found out yesterday we return to office April 18 for one day/week. My office day is Thursday.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

600600p1352EDNmainDailyFlyPost_NatlRanchDay.jpg

Hello all, I do hope you are well...

I filled up yesterday at Costco in Woodbridge, VA to the tune of $3.94 and 9/10's. ($3.95) for the 87 Octane. Yeah and does any United States Citizen even consider and listen to their "leadership"? Their "leadership" wants the prices to go higher. Their leadership is purposely causing shelves in the United States to be bare of many products that were once plentiful and plentiful just a very few short months ago. All that is happening now is ON PURPOSE....

I am finished posting today. All take care...

Last edited:
Good morning, D-League!

Cold outside. March came in like a lamb and crapped out on the living room sofa.

Made breakfast and scraped the car windas. Time to get to that other work. Hope it's a good day for y'all!

Maybe we'll get good news today or the next few days that they'll stop the conflict in Ukraine. It's getting so crazy right now that Ukraine citizens are saying their own military was shelling their apartment complex and city. It's a madhouse

Good morning from ATX. Currently 38°F, clear and calm. Today's high expected around 75°F. We'll take it.

Vandy and Missouri won their play-in games last night during SEC Tournament. Four games scheduled today.

I walk past a Valero gas station daily. Gasoline seems holding around $3.79/gal since Tuesday. Stay tuned for tomorrow's price. Hopefully not crazy increases by the time I drive back east next month.

Busy at work. Glad when co-worker returns next Monday. Found out yesterday we return to office April 18 for one day/week. My office day is Thursday.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

600600p1352EDNmainDailyFlyPost_NatlRanchDay.jpg

75° Sounds pretty darn good

Good morning D-League. This feels like the day the post-season starts in earnest. Of course, the season is already over for Louisville. What a shame.

It'd be nice to see Vandy upset Alabama today, not that a hot shooting Vandy team would be a pushover, but usually a team that springs an upset then has to play the next day is running on fumes.

Hope its a good one for all of you.

Morning Legionnaires!

50's on tap today for the high with moderate winds. All the talk of eating beans might add to the wind. Just in case you need a proctological exam to prepare for that I have an old Army buddy who could help out in the area: Field expedient Method.

20190331-110501.jpg

Perhaps we should use that on Biden?

If his brain didn't fall out when you pulled his noggin free, maybe...

Good morning D

Woke up to a pleasant 69° with skies that look like rain is on the way. Radar shows rain moving East from the Gulf and it is expected to go through our area. We really need the rain. My irrigation well went out last year, collapsed, and I still have not been able to get a new one dug. Houses are being built at such a pace that there is a back up that now extends to 9 months. When I finally get a new well I will need to rebuild my lawn because it takes lots of water to keep a Florida lawn nice and green. I last watered my lawn in late June. The good news is with water and some light fertilizer the lawn will come back very fast.

We expect to top out today at 82° with light rain turning to heavy thunderstorms tonight. The folks down in Tampa may get a nice electrical storm which brings some spectacular views and photos.

Take care all,

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teTeZp3EdMPeOSiPEHYH9UVG

Wife just texted me after she got to work and gas was $3.79 at Loves which is always cheaper than everyone else around. When ask what was being done Jen Psaki said that even if they did open up the XL pipeline and authorize new drilling it would take a couple of years to see the effect. I guess just sitting around waiting for it to rain oil is better.

Guess Psaki is both a liar AND an idiot. Now, if we could just figure out which pronoun to use for MarkJen Zucker-saki...

During my working career, the company I worked with owned this hotel. The Don CeSar located on the Gulf at St Pete Beach. We held seminars and training sessions there and gathered for a week several times a year. The company saved thousands in expenses and it was like being on vacation for the employees.

It has been there a long time

275177507_10160060037964581_8989204593174324529_n.jpg
I would prefer that it be a little bigger. :)

giphy.gif

I've already had to figure this stuff out. Bird coloration like, egg shell thickness is governed by enzyme production/metabolism controlled by hormones. A genetic mutation caused (usually something left out) likey impacted the red coloration production. Either a genetic mutation or biologic response can result in the disruption of the enzymes that inhibits creation of the red coloration, A green animal is often yellow when the blue is inhibited. I've seen this xanthochromism ( I had forgotten how to spell that) response in several species with red pigmentation. Such mutations can become recessive traits exhibited throughout the animal kingdom. AWF is dead on about natural selection a being a biological filter in the eat or be eaten nature of carbon based life.
Normal Peach-faced lovebird, inhibited red & yellow & inhibited blue
785a08d45a0a1abb46f84213a3086922.jpg
137507779_1993977557418938_4007602314251526268_n.jpg
Lutino-Lovebird-Picture.jpg

13510820_275259956161719_2888387988049104925_n-223x300.jpg
Thanks Rooster............I wish I had an education to go with my practical experience w/birds...............

Gouging is what that is. FedEx and UPS have a system set up that uses gas regardless of its cost and regardless of the number of packages sent. If the price of gas doubles, the cost of shipping shouldn't go up more than a couple dollars to pay for it.

Their costs didn't double, since gas is only a small portion of their costs.

Morning D Legionnaires!

50's for a high today with mid 30's for tomorrow. Snow coming tonight and tomorrow. With this topsy turvy weather we are having here my fishing is spotty. I may have to just go bird watching and breeding. I heard that could be fun. 🤪

Have to go play Mr. Miyagi again today and will test the gasoline prices out as I need to fill up my truck. Need a hoopty that is good on gas to make my normal runs and just use the truck for hauling and fishing.

Morning D Legionnaires!

50's for a high today with mid 30's for tomorrow. Snow coming tonight and tomorrow. With this topsy turvy weather we are having here my fishing is spotty. I may have to just go bird watching and breeding. I heard that could be fun. 🤪

Have to go play Mr. Miyagi again today and will test the gasoline prices out as I need to fill up my truck. Need a hoopty that is good on gas to make my normal runs and just use the truck for hauling and fishing.
You have to be very careful so as to not smush them...... 🙄

If I can't drive them for 25+ years.......I don't want to buy it.......Good looking vehicle.....
Thanks awf, I feel the same way. A few years ago I thought about getting a new truck. I priced them out and the starting price was about $50,000 and up. At my age I would never get my money out of it. So I decided to take this one and make it retro 1950's with the oak bed and rails. It is a 4x4 off road with the steel plates to protect the engine and transmission. It is made for the swamps around here and fun to drive in them.

I only need a pick up to haul small items, run to the hardware store or take trash to the recycle center. I put $3,500 in it and have a new truck.

94036009_2998900010163055_3081097533993254912_n.jpg

Thanks Rooster............I wish I had an education to go with my practical experience w/birds...............
You're welcome.

Rant warning:
God didnot want me to work w/birds, I was blessed to experience the wonder a few years because I worked hard from the get go. I knew trouble was on the horizon when a million dollar covered squirrel bridge was proposed on top of Mnt. Graham to assist a relict population of red squirrels isolated on mountain Island by a warming planet over the last 10,000 years or so. Preservationists were afraid goshawks might eat them all. Being they exist on a mountain top in a fire climax community that burned regularly. What they needed to do was shoot Smokey Bear. The Vatican having their telescopes on Mount Graham was not particularly helpful either. The result was 100 years of fire supression creating a situation where fires became extreme unmanageable sterialization events. Squirrels need trees with interlocking canopy for escape cover. Not that the the hawks cared, there just wasn't enough squirrel biomass to be the focus of aerial predation on the mountain unless they were the only prey for the predation caused by the mismanagement. As predators goshawks are ground foraging genealists. Not being subsidized, hunting for them, not an option in marginal xeric habitats. Nature provides for the birds and squirrels unless we screw it up. Trophic energy economics of natural ecology ≈ 1/10 kilocalories. Sanity had vanished with disregard of science. Ecology became political. Onithology was not unaffected. When seed pods do not open until there is a fire and plants do not produce them until they're some twenty years old, deciders need to know how to think. OK, that's my eco-rant for now.​

Mnt. Graham, Arizona with snow.
Mount_graham_in_2020.jpg

That being said, AWF you as you are know more than 99% of folks and I learned long ago, it's not how much you know, it's how much you care that counts anyway .
oufRJuK2_o.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT