ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I’m near tears. My 90-year-old dad found out today he and mom both have COVID —but they both say they feel fine. “I have to live these next two weeks to the Super Bowl now” he just told me.

And I don’t mean that as a downer —I believe they’ll be fine and this is a moment he’s very excited about.
Damn! That brought me to tears. Both my MIL and Step-FIL tested positive but both have minor symptoms. Step-FIL is still in the hospital too. Best of luck to your parents. Sounds like they'll be just fine.

I’m near tears. My 90-year-old dad found out today he and mom both have COVID —but they both say they feel fine. “I have to live these next two weeks to the Super Bowl now” he just told me.

And I don’t mean that as a downer —I believe they’ll be fine and this is a moment he’s very excited about.
Praying for them both.

Best wishes. My mom is 94. She had covid twice and didn't even know she had it either time till later when my sister and her both tested for it on a whim. My sister is an RN and knew she had had it.

I don't know about this one. Smoked bacon wrapped pickles. Could be good.

https://preview.mailerlite.com/z7i2...r=1874809103847525824&ml_subscriber_hash=o9i2
Superbowl menu - chicken wings, chips and dips, bacon wrapped pickles. Thank you!
Man! What a game huh?
Not bad, still 0-0 in the first quarter. Anything could happen though.
Thanks for those prayers guys,

Bertfan: who won the 49ers-Rams game?
HaHa, I don't know. Warrior ruined it for me so I stopped watching.

Hello All,

My Darling and I were at my youngest Grand Daughters two year old birthday party. My daughter had the party at a gaming facility where the kids could play and have fun on bouncing toys.

My Darling and I were the oldest there. The rest were at the latest in their early 40's and below. No masks... why did I keep getting such a sad feeling... It has been so long since my Darling and I had been out like that in a crowd versus just going to the grocery stores we frequent. I know the masks are nearly useless if not useless. So much inundation against what we did today. Just ridiculous that I couldn't enjoy like I normally do. I guess I am effected about it mentally. I hope I can at least get back to where I was. How effective this scare campaign has been...

Superbowl menu - chicken wings, chips and dips, bacon wrapped pickles. Thank you!

Not bad, still 0-0 in the first quarter. Anything could happen though.

Tell me how they turn out! Sawnee encouraged me to buy the Brookings chili mix so that's what we're having for Super Bowl. They really d**ked me on shipping though. 9 bucks from Lexington for only one package.

Evening D
Glorious about the Bengals right?
Loved it

can’t get over this obsession with Sharpe on Rafters. People looking for reasons to hate I guess. Don’t have time or energy for that

I like winning games and watching fun basketball. That’s what we have right now and it’s good.

Evening D
Loved it

can’t get over this obsession with Sharpe on Rafters. People looking for reasons to hate I guess. Don’t have time or energy for that

I like winning games and watching fun basketball. That’s what we have right now and it’s good.
Some of those people really need to get their priorities in order. Sad.

Evening D
Loved it

The Sharpe “controversy” is unbelievably foolish to me. Cal went after the top player in his class. The kid agreed to come to Lexington - then decided to come early. He may or may not play for Kentucky this year if or when a staff of elite coaches led by a hall of famer decides he is ready. He may leave early for the NBA or he may play for Kentucky next year. That’s it.

How anyone could fault Calipari in this is hard to understand. What was he supposed to do different?

The Sharpe “controversy” is unbelievably foolish to me. Cal went after the top player in his class. The kid agreed to come to Lexington - then decided to come early. He may or may not play for Kentucky this year if or when a staff of elite coaches led by a hall of famer decides he is ready. He may leave early for the NBA or he may play for Kentucky next year. That’s it.

How anyone could fault Calipari in this is hard to understand. What was he supposed to do different?
If nothing else it prevented him from going elsewhere where they may have “convinced” him to stay. But it honestly affects nothing with the team as it is now
I’ve had a lot of issues with Cal. This is not one of them

Evening D
Loved it

I’ve read a few things today over there that I don’t understand and that subject with sharpe is one of them. After a great win like that I was hoping to see more happiness. I believe 95 percent of that crowd are trolls.

[QUOTE="bertfan31, post: 10554782,
Well, apparently they decided to play it all over again. It’s on Fox now. (Sorry, couldn’t resist.)
[/QUOTE]
I called a friend up to tell him what I had done. He said I was a dumbass and they would never play both games at the same time. I am not a proud man.

Wish them well, think they'll be fine. Best to all. Since he's 90, is Mom about 65?

Tell me how they turn out! Sawnee encouraged me to buy the Brookings chili mix so that's what we're having for Super Bowl. They really d**ked me on shipping though. 9 bucks from Lexington for only one package.
My wife has fell in love with it and had it 3 times. You can buy it in Lexington so I will buy it in bulk and have someone bring it when they visit.

HaHaHa, I don't have the sound turned on and just assumed it was live. That's why both games are on at the same time. It's funny to me and I laugh when I do stupid things. Unless it leaves a mark. And I have a few of those too.

I guess I can quit switching back and forth now.

Haha. Same thing happened to me. I didn't know it until a few minutes ago and found the game on.

I called a friend up to tell him what I had done. He said I was a dumbass and they would never play both games at the same time. I am not a proud man.
A man with a good sense of humor. That’s key in life I think.
[/QUOTE]
I have always laughed at myself when I do things like that. It doesn't happen all the time, but we all make silly mistakes at times due to inattention to detail or whatever. I laugh at other people who do stupid things and since what goes around, comes around, I have to laugh at me or be a hypocrite.

Here is something I posted on RR in the no talk about Sharpe thread. First article is from November I think. Second one is more recent. These 2 articles should tell you where we are with Sharpe. I think he'll eventually play and if for no other reason, he won't be able to resist the urge to play with his new friends.

LEXINGTON, Ky. — University of Kentucky commit Shaedon Sharpe tells Sports Illustrated he will enroll at UK in January to redshirt and start practicing with the Wildcats while getting ready for the 2022-'23 season.

The top ranked player in the Class of 2022 committed to Kentucky in September and tells SI's Jason Jordan, “I’m going to report down there after Christmas. I’m going to redshirt. I just want to get a head start on college basketball and train with older, bigger, stronger and better players.”

From another article...

Does that mean we could still see Sharpe play this season?

Following Saturday’s loss at Auburn — a game Kentucky lost guards TyTy Washington and Sahvir Wheeler to injury — head coach John Calipari admitted he wished there was more time to get Sharpe up to speed.

“I just wish we had a bunch of practice time where I had two weeks with him (Sharpe) to where we could run 3-4 different things and him defensively play because he’s a terrific player,” Calipari said

I think he will eventually play this year and I'm willing to wait. You boys are the ones who put a timeline on it. Most of you guys wanted him to play the first day on campus. That's just not realistic.
Sit back and enjoy what's going on now, if he plays later then that's great. If he doesn't, we didn't plan on him playing this year when he decided to come here. CJ Frederick is the missing piece, not Shaedon Sharpe.

Finally figured out how to log in again after forever. Hope everyone is doing well. Been a roller coaster ride for me the last few weeks. My dad is still struggling for life. One day sounds better, next day worse. Damn Covid, nobody can visit him. And he has tested positive. Thank God, he is holding his own despite all of that. Imagine an 89 years old man with copd managing Covid. I’m rambling of course. Y’all are like family.

Finally figured out how to log in again after forever. Hope everyone is doing well. Been a roller coaster ride for me the last few weeks. My dad is still struggling for life. One day sounds better, next day worse. Damn Covid, nobody can visit him. And he has tested positive. Thank God, he is holding his own despite all of that. Imagine an 89 years old man with copd managing Covid. I’m rambling of course. Y’all are like family.
Prayers for your Dad Backer. We're dealing with similar situations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT