ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I lived out there from 82 to 84 in Pismo Beach. I had lived in Lodi for about 3 months a year before that which is located in the middle. I didn't really notice much difference in people there than anywhere else I had been to work. Pismo Beach is between SF and LA and on the Eastern side of the interstate it was farms. Farm people are the same people no matter where you go.

If the farm people ran the country we would all be better off.
All farm country people can’t be like me. Way too much food and way too less sense. By the way, jamming this all into the same post so sorry. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes for dad. I’ve noticed some improvements over the phone today, hopefully it continues. I’m giving credit right here.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 54°F and cloudy. Expecting high today of 67°F. Yesterday, we received roughly over 2 inches needed rain here and 4 inches out at the airport. Heh, no more rainfall deficit for this month. More precipitation expected tomorrow. Turning colder Thursday. Winter storm warning on the way. Temperatures could dip down into the 20s and teens. We'll experience below freezing for five consecutive nights. Moderate icing possible. Stay tuned.

Listened to Coach Cal's show last night. He sounded upbeat. Read yesterday only 10 more regular season basketball games remain on the schedule.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-BAKED-ALASKA-DAY-%E2%80%93-February-1.png

Morning Legionnaires! Knock off the bed bugs get up and give hugs. People need it.

Mid 60's on tap today with north winds picking up for the next few days of cooler weather coming. Single digits expected tomorrow night with rain turning into a wintery mix followed by snow.

Not much else going on so...Prayers sent for those battling the virus especially those with people most vulnerable. God Bless and keep them in his protection, Amen.

Good morning, D-League

Asking for prayers for my friend's neighbor. Their neighbor fell off of a roof and has been fighting a TBI. I know God can heal injuries like this and worse. Please pray for healing to his brain and body.

That's all I have to say this morning. Hope you appreciate the day you have before you, and may God bless you in it.

Morning D-League. It is a crisp 29.1°F here and clear on our way to 62°.

I watched the Kansas game again. I can't get enough of a beatdown on their home court.

I will be collecting tax papers today. I absolutely hate doing that.

Good Morning Sir and All,
I am with you on both points...taxes, smaxes... Just despise this...

Good morning! Slept in 3 stages last night. Woke up and told Alexa to play 630AM and much to my dismay, Ryan Lemond is now on the Pre Jones Show show. I should get up at 0800 and listen to Tom Leach but that probably won't happen.

I have a feeling we're going to thump Vandy tomorrow. Maybe in the 30 point range thumping. Coming off that win at Kansas the Rupp crowd will be amped up and hungry.

Gotta go make some coffee to get me amped up. I'm already hungry.

Just droppin by... good morning D.
Momma & baby both doing great.
4:15 pm, 6 lb. 14 oz., 19.5 inches
Banksy Gray (it's an artsy fartsy thing)
My daughter named all of her children with names starting in A.........and usually I have to go through the whole list to get to the right name........I have all 10 of them nick named.............she hates it.......she did give up correcting me for not calling them by their given names....about 20 yrs ago...I like the name by the way......Congratulations!

My daughter named all of her children with names starting in A.........and usually I have to go through the whole list to get to the right name........I have all 10 of them nick named.............she hates it.......she did give up correcting me for not calling them by their given names....about 20 yrs ago...I like the name by the way......Congratulations!

Good Morning,

Did you say TEN children???

Good Morning,

My wife has 10 brothers and sisters and has at least 150 first cousins. Her dad came from a family with 11 children and her mother's family had 16. Those were the days before birth control and the more children you had the more workers for the farm.

When they have their family reunions they reserve the entire city park.

I only have 21 first cousins so we would be considered a small family.

My wife has 10 brothers and sisters and has at least 150 first cousins. Her dad came from a family with 11 children and her mother's family had 16. Those were the days before birth control and the more children you had the more workers for the farm.

When they have their family reunions they reserve the entire city park.

I only have 21 first cousins so we would be considered a small family.

What a blessing! I always said if I had the money and the "ability" I'd have had 50 children. I love kids. I love being able to interject in their fast changing lives for the better when learning situations come...

I told so many parents I have come in contact with; Kids don't need your money, they need your time. So many couldn't comprehend it.

Last edited:
Good Morning D League

Our local weather is "delightful". We survived winter with the exception of a few plants getting brown from the freezing temperatures. I will cut them back in a few weeks and all we be fine by Spring.

We have 68° now with Winds E at 9 mph and Humidity of 38%. We have plenty of sunshine which will help get us up to 78° by this afternoon. Tomorrow we will be in the low to mid 80's,

Prayers will continue for those who have an illness in body or in spirit. I read Romans 16 and next will be 1st Corinthians

She is as excited as a young lady can get. GO BENGALS

273147450_10227619237097266_4483803372751728381_n.jpg

My mother had 3 brothers and 3 sisters and they lived on a farm. I had 20 first cousins. Dad was an only child and they were city dwellers. I made out much better on Christmas at my city grandparents house.

My Dad's family had eight children which I thought was a lot. I knew there were many that had more. Each of my Dad's brothers and his sister too had two boys and a girl each. I cannot think of one brother that did not have two boys and a girl each. I only keep up with a few of them but I shadow a bunch too. (Don't want any part of several of them.)(Of course several of them very probably don't want any part of me either except mind you, if I was paying...)

I have a couple first cousins myself. ;)

Good Morning,

Yes sir, 10......they was going to quit at eight and they sent him down range for several months.....he was home two days went to Germany for several months....home two days in the US for several months....all told he had about eight days home in 26 months.......then they had Heckle and Jeckle just as I predicted.......not only did they have ten children they "raised" 10 children...........you can raise a gang of kids in the service............

Good afternoon, D, read Romans 15 and finished up 2 Kings and started 1 Samuel. Does GOD put on use more than we can handle, yes, He does, load is getting heavier!!!!! Would like to tell what's going on, but just can't right now! BUT I WILL NEVER LOSE MY TRUST IN GOD!!!!!!!

Bert, my son went back to work today!!!!! The railroad has been wonderful to him in this whole ordeal of our grandson's death!!!! CSX has really been great!!!

Haven't been on here but been following the D, the loss has just changed me, I pray for the D, every morning, just a big part of my daily prayers!!!! You are getting them!!!

Been volunteering at a place called Hope for All, it's been good for me. I haven't worked this hard since I retired!!!!

How bout den CATS!!!! I woke up one morning at 3 and there was UK playing in the Citrus Bowl, I watched that game then got to watch the Kansass beat down again!!!! I don't know if any of the D watching the basketball game against KU, but as they were showing the crowd, there was one guy in the stands that had this sign holding it up, it said MAKE ME CRY, I bet he did!!!!!

Have a great day D and prayers!

Well winter storm warning just came across the phone, sounds like it could get bad, ice and snow!!!! Yikes!!!! Don't want to go thru another ice storm!!!!!

Meant to add in my original post that I've heard of that Banksy dude. Didn't he start off as a graffiti artist?
Yeah he is a graffiti artist according to my daughter. I had not heard of him. She said they/nobody really knows who "he" is. Could be a group, could be a female? I haven't googled or done any research yet so I could be way off base.
Each of her children are named after an artist & their middle name is a color.
Grand daughter is Kahlo Sage (Frida Kahlo), grandson is Banksy Gray. I don't want her to have any more kids...but if she does the next one's middle name better be BLUE!

Go Rest High...

Great song. Thanks for posting.

Did you ever see the version of this Vince Gill and Patty Loveless did at George Jones' funeral? Asking your pardon for stepping on your post to link it here...Lots of emotion on that stage...

Last edited:
Great song.

Did you ever see the version of this Vince Gill and Patty Loveless did at George Jones' funeral? Asking your pardon for stepping on your post to link it here...Lots of emotion on that stage...

I was going to link this one too, thanks. It touched me deeply as to the breadth of feeling that was involved. Vince Gill has always seemed to be down to earth in many impromptu video's I have seen him in...(I have the version you posted saved and play it regularly while at my desk. It is a sobering rendition.)

I was just listening to the above. If any are interested, there was some conversation just before the song. The below version has that prelude to the song... (Heartrendering..to me...)

Last edited:

I'm OK with about any name except names that you have to spell it out whenever someone asks you your name. "My name is Jaxon. That's J-A-X-O-N."

At my first nuclear plant job, my supervisor came in one morning with a bunch of pink wrappered cigars. His wife had given birth to a baby girl over the weekend. We were all sitting around choking on these cheap cigars when someone asked him what they named her.

He said, Alicia Sue! I said, wth dude, are you serious? He said he was and why did I have a problem with it. Told me it was his wife's mother's and grandmother's names put together.

I quickly pointed out that his last name was Sellers and that her initials would be ASS. I said she'll never have a monogrammed sweater and the kids would tease her constantly.

He stared at me for what was an uncomfortable amount of time and then he just got up and left the office. Everyone gave me a hard time because I hurt his feelings.

Turned out, he went to another phone and called his wife. Susan Alicia Sellers went on to live a normal life. I suppose.

At my first nuclear plant job, my supervisor came in one morning with a bunch of pink wrappered cigars. His wife had given birth to a baby girl over the weekend. We were all sitting around choking on these cheap cigars when someone asked him what they named her.

He said, Alicia Sue! I said, wth dude, are you serious? He said he was and why did I have a problem with it. Told me it was his wife's mother's and grandmother's names put together.

I quickly pointed out that his last name was Sellers and that her initials would be ASS. I said she'll never have a monogrammed sweater and the kids would tease her constantly.

He stared at me for what was an uncomfortable amount of time and then he just got up and left the office. Everyone gave me a hard time because I hurt his feelings.

Turned out, he went to another phone and called his wife. Susan Alicia Sellers went on to live a normal life. I suppose.
I don't have anything monogrammed but if I did people would assume I'm an appliance geek. KWH (kilowatt-hour).

I don't have anything monogrammed but if I did people would assume I'm an appliance geek. KWH (kilowatt-hour).
The Director doesn't have a middle name.........people look at her like she is an alien when they ask for her middle initial........her mom told her that by the time she came along they were out of names......the Director is the last of nine children............like someone said in an earlier post......farm folks raised their help...

The Director doesn't have a middle name.........people look at her like she is an alien when they ask for her middle initial........her mom told her that by the time she came along they were out of names......the Director is the last of nine children............like someone said in an earlier post......farm folks raised their help...
My mother didn't have a middle name. I thought my name was "You Little Heathern" because that's what Mom always called me. Then I went to school and they insisted on calling me something different. I eventually got used to it, but it sounded weird.

Ah, nuclear...that explains a lot. ;) 🤔😇😁

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT