ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

The internet has created a whole new breed of fans and not in a good way.

My biggest concern today is Oscar picking up early fouls and having to sit. Without Toppin that would leave only Ware in the middle because I believe Collins is also out with an injury.
If we get into big trouble Cal just needs to pull one from Pitino's book. Put in all of the three-point shooters, throw caution to the win and start letting them rain. 94 Bayou comeback anyone?

Still waiting on some of my wife's forms to come in but, I am betting we pay this year. We have not paid in years but, we were getting closer, and I feel this year is the year.
For years I have been paying quarterly but this year and did not send a dime to them. I did increase my pension contribution to 20%. The result was good because I do not have to pay and I do not have a huge return. I came close to breaking even.

So I went ahead and sent it in because at my age you do not procrastinate. Tomorrow is not guaranteed when you are living on borrowed time. Well it is not for anyone. Old or young

I liked it too. Those movies are based on comics. The ones that take themselves too seriously do not appeal to me, especially the ones that are social justice propaganda and nothing more.

Agreed.

That's the reason I don't like superman very much. More and more of the comic book movies are spewing anti-gun and anti-individual rhetoric. Superman is one of the worst for that (all while having a "hero" that is impervious to most guns and can bake you with laser (gun) eyes).

A buddy of mine (who read a ton of comics as a kid) went to see a DC movie with me. Afterward we got a bourbon and he told me what Kal-el means (in eastern European or Yiddish language) "king-god" or "son of god." He also showed me how most of superman's creed is supporting of the communist manifesto. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing as far as America goes. Just wrapped in a flag. Then he told me about the artist/author that created superman and where he was from and it kind of made sense. Marvel has some of the same underpinnings because of their authors.

Interesting discussion. Glad I had bourbon. Lol

When you look at urban society these days though, it's really undermined values and hard work. Everyone there is looking for someone else to "save them" instead of battling to take care of themselves. They speak in platitudes and clichés about togetherness, but won't lift a finger for their neighbor, and couldn't care less about donating to the poor themselves.

Last edited:
Good afternoon, D-League!

Maybe having a couple guys out will help us to get even better. Kansas doesn't know what to prepare for. Our guys have their backs against the wall in hostile territory. Hopefully they come together and play their best, outplay the bad whistles that are GUARANTEED to come, and win a big game that would help their resume for March.

Hope I get to watch this one. UK 72 KU 40 would be stellar, but I'll settle for any score as long as we have one more point than them at the handshake.

Agreed.

That's the reason I don't like superman very much. More and more of the comic book movies are spewing anti-gun and anti-individual rhetoric. Superman is one of the worst for that (all while having a "hero" that is impervious to most guns and can bake you with laser (gun) eyes).

A buddy of mine (who read a ton of comics as a kid) went to see a DC movie with me. Afterward we got a bourbon and he told me what Kal-el means (in eastern European or Yiddish language) "king-god" or "son of god." He also showed me how most of superman's creed is supporting of the communist manifesto. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing as far as America goes. Just wrapped in a flag. Then he told me about the artist/author that created superman and where he was from and it kind of made sense. Marvel has some of the same underpinnings because of their authors.

Interesting discussion. Glad I had bourbon. Lol

When you look at urban society these days though, it's really undermined values and hard work. Everyone there is looking for someone else to "save them" instead of battling to take care of themselves. They speak in platitudes and clichés about togetherness, but won't lift a finger for their neighbor, and couldn't care less about donating to the poor themselves.
I grew up with those comics too. I guess the social commentary has always been there, but it was in the background and you basically had to be looking for it to see it. Even Star Trek was a social commentary. First time on tv that a white man kissed a black woman. Of course, it was forced and portrayed as a punishment.

I liked my Batman campy and lighthearted. Didn't much care for what it turned into.

It used to be accepted that there were only 7 basic plots that all books, movies, tv shows, plays were based on. None of those were based on the suppositions of gender identification or any other denial of the laws of nature. What changed?

@UK82 do I need 3.5mm male ends for speaker cables? I'm going to redo all my connections that have binding posts.
Do you have 5-way binding posts on your speakers and amps? None of my equipment has 3.5mm terminals. Computer speakers will but that's not a common connection for home audio. Most are banana, spade, pin or bare wire connection.

Me supper....

GOTTA be a good game for the Cats...

272993913_5344536878893182_1271172723511779877_n.jpg

Evening D
Been a busy last couple of days

we ready for tonight’s game?
Bad news: Sirmons is Officiating
Good news: TyTy and Toppin are playing

don’t have a good feeling about this game. All time number of wins is on the line, we’re AT Kansas and we have a crap officiating crew.
Hope we have a shooting night like we had against Tennessee

really need this win

If you're just talking about speaker cable then you can take your pick as to how you want to terminate them. I personally prefer banana plugs. All 5-way terminals are standard. Are you building your own cables?
No, I want to them to work properly. The banana plugs 1/4" I think. I'm getting them from Parts Express. OK I just looked, banana plugs it is. I'll order a bunch of em.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT