ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Briefly considered attending Cats at TAMU next Wednesday. Wife wanted to attend, but worried about COVID. Not really excited about contending with Aggies at Reed Arena. We'll watch from home this year.
Didn't realize ATX & CS were so close. Thought ATX was way further west & CS some further east. So I'd have guessed 4 hours.

I bet Cal is getting spoiled by these upperclassmen. He probably forgot what it was like to tell someone something and they actually listen. Kellan Grady has changed, Oscar has changed, Mintz has changed, Wheeler has changed. All those guys were good but now they've all stepped their games up.

Love the pace we play at. No one can slow us down because we will just pass over them. Gonna be a wild ride from here on out. I'm strapped in, Bring it on!

Louisville goes down 65-53! They hit a last second 3 or we would have outscored them in our first half. Crying shame we didn't get to give them the asswhoopin they deserve. Would have been a new record in the series.

Cal should publicly offer to play them without our starters for the make up game.

In honor of Coach Joe B. Hall...

This is as close of the version I could find that I felt. Not even sure why I feel this loss like I am. I almost put my version here as it explains much better. God Bless Joe B's family and the BBN...

Not at all, would love to spread it around.

You can buy Brookings spices in Lexington or online. I have it shipped to me.
So here we go:

2 lbs of Ground Chuck. DO NOT BROWN THE MEAT
Add 1/2 cup of sweet onion - processed very fine. Add 1.8 oz. of Brookings Chili Spice Mix

Add 2 and 2/3 cups of warm water. Mix thoroughly. Cook at medium heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently.

Add one 15 oz can of Red Gold tomato puree. Cook 15 minutes, at medium heat stirring frequently

Add one 15.5 oz. can of Joan of Arch Light Red Kidney Beans Be sure to add juice to mixture and stir frequently. Continue cooking on medium heat until all the flavors are mixed and it is ready to serve.

This will make 8 bowls of chili.

Brookings Chili may be purchased on-line at BrookingsChili.com or Lexington area stores: Liquor Barns, (Hamburg, Beaumont, Richmond Road, Danville) Critchfield Meats, Kentucky Horse Park, Brook’s Meats, Windy Corner.

http://www.brookingschili.com/?fbclid=IwAR08VH3apdbJkOuPRDVYnqcdYkOoPbLAif_BwOsuW9EQCcDeqxzAiGvJ0Cc

I bought chili fixings today. Will implement this the best that I can. Thanks Sir.

I've never been a big Bengal fan but I'm actually pulling for them today. The Raiders were my team many years ago but after the franchise kept moving I gave up. Players changed too. I lost the rah rah.

Another big upset day for NCAA basketball. Baylor, Michigan State, LSU, Texas Tech and Seton Hall go down.

The last time the Bengals won a playoff game? I was embedded with the Quarter Cav - 1st Squadron, 4th Cavalry —up on the Iraq border as they screened for the 1st Infantry. January, 1991. As Bob Dylan would say, “It was in another lifetime, one of toil and blood…” Half a lifetime ago.

Last edited:
I've never been a big Bengal fan but I'm actually pulling for them today. The Raiders were my team many years ago but after the franchise kept moving I gave up. Players changed too. I lost the rah rah.

Another big upset day for NCAA basketball. Baylor, Michigan State, LSU, Texas Tech and Seton Hall go down.
Mississippi State takes down Alabama. The top 25 is taking a big time hit today. Not Kentucky though!!!!

Florence is where I have lived for the past 14 years. My wife wanted to go but I finally talked her out of it. The traffic would be a nightmare.

I was over at KSR watching the post game interviews and Sahvir Wheeler put Jerry Tipton in his place better than any player I've ever seen. Cal has no problem saying what he wants to JT, but the players seem to acquiesce. Jerry asked about the screen that disabled Wheeler and Wheeler said he didn't want to talk about it. Jerry actually said "why not?" SW replied with "that's in the past, why do we want to talk about that. We just won a quality game against a quality opponent, why can't we talk about the game we just played?"

Good for him and I hope they all got a good laugh out of it afterward. I want all the players to give Jerry the stink eye when he asks his bullshit, agenda driven questions.

Baylor loses at home for the second time this week. They will fall to 8. We won 2 games and will move to 14.

Turn out the lights. The party's over.

Evening D
Just wanted to let you guys know I’m still around
I’m sorry that I’ve not posted…so much has gone on I can’t even begin to tell you. It’s been rough a lot of the time
We did have one major bright spot..finally bought a house
But anyway…
Hope everyone is doing well
Hugs

PRR_4396_A-Pb.jpg

Good morning D-Leaguers. Got up early to watch the replay of the Cats’ game on the SEC Network at 5am. I can verify: An incredible offensive performance.

Heading out for a long hike: 11 degrees outside.

Have a great Sunday folks.

The last time the Bengals won a playoff game? I was embedded with the Quarter Cav - 1st Squadron, 4th Cavalry —up on the Iraq border as they screened for the 1st Infantry. January, 1991. As Bob Dylan would say, “It was in another lifetime, one of toil and blood…” Half a lifetime ago.
I was not far from you in the Saudi desert with the 5/18th field artillery in support of 7th Army and the 18th Airborne Corps waiting to go into Iraq. In October 1990 we got there and were waiting until the ground war started. I am also a Reds fan and got the news about their World Series Championship all at one time through the stars and stripes. Hated not being able to watch it.

I was not far from you in the Saudi desert with the 5/18th field artillery in support of 7th Army and the 18th Airborne Corps waiting to go into Iraq. In October 1990 we got there and were waiting until the ground war started. I am also a Reds fan and got the news about their World Series Championship all at one time through the stars and stripes. Hated not being able to watch it.
What did your unit have Warrior, the M-109s, MLRS, M110 8-Inch, or all of the above?

Evening D
Just wanted to let you guys know I’m still around
I’m sorry that I’ve not posted…so much has gone on I can’t even begin to tell you. It’s been rough a lot of the time
We did have one major bright spot..finally bought a house
But anyway…
Hope everyone is doing well
Hugs
Took me a minute for I thought I saw a Bko post. Passed out and then woke up and there it was. 😁 Just glad you are OK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT