ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Sir, "ain't" you ever heard of a Mule Deer? Heck, you are probably talking about a John Deere.... They work kind of like a Mule. At least some have some.............horse power. (I know, I know but I am on a coffee high...) I plan to drink a Yuengling or two later...
136366300_3309485229161489_2509112847193535544_n.jpg

These should get anyone started that likes them. Some good episodes here...

These should get anyone started that likes them. Some good episodes here...
Thanks, one of the better TV shows of that era. Not too many years after that period I stopped watching network TV.

My father was friends with Faron Young at one time. They were in the same unit in the Army. FY was in bad health and went out on his own terms. I would assume the same is true of Tom T.
Yes, I remember when Faron died. He was a talented man, one of my favorite songs he recorded was a Don Gibson song, Sweet Dreams. When I was a DI at Knox the trainees played this over and over and over. The version recorded by Patsy Cline. Every time a trainee got THAT LETTER from home, this song would be sure to be played in the mess hall.

These stars have a smile on their face when performing but behind the curtain many are deeply troubled.

Yes, I remember when Faron died. He and "I Saw The Light"was a talented man, one of my favorite songs he recorded was a Don Gibson song, Sweet Dreams. When I was a DI at Knox the trainees played this over and over and over. The version recorded by Patsy Cline. Every time a trainee got THAT LETTER from home, this song would be sure to be played in the mess hall.

These stars have a smile on their face when performing but behind the curtain many are deeply troubled.

Read a Hank Williams story. Minnie Pearl and some others always tried to help him. Don't remember which one it was, but one told that Hank was down one day and "I Saw The Light" was brought up or was playing on the radio. Hank said, "That's the trouble. There just ain't no d@mned light!"

Read a Hank Williams story. Minnie Pearl and some others always tried to help him. Don't remember which one it was, but one told that Hank was down one day and "I Saw The Light" was brought up or was playing on the radio. Hank said, "That's the trouble. There just ain't no d@mned light!"
29 years old when he died. He wrote some of the greatest songs ever recorded. Many were recorded by stars who were not country music singers. The words to his music went across genres.

29 years old when he died. He wrote some of the greatest songs ever recorded. Many were recorded by stars who were not country music singers. The words to his music went across genres.
When Hank first went to Nashville, Fred Rose had him write a song on the spot to prove he was the one writing the songs. I remember reading it took him about 10 minutes to write Mansion On The Hill.

The early roots of rock and roll lead directly to Hank Williams. That doesn't fit the narrative though.

Some very intelligent men speaking the truth on this video. Race hustling is a very lucrative, high paying position to take as Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson know. But they also must know how much harm they have done for race relations over the decades. But that does not matter when people are giving you millions of dollars to spout hatred and division.

The hustlers had more to gain by the death of MLK Jr than anyone. That has never been lost on me. He was fighting them more than he knew until his last 5 years. Over 200 years of perfecting that hustle on both sides, but he only threatened the side he thought he was helping. You could see it in his eyes the last year or so.

Would not surprise me if Jackson had a hand in his murder. I watched his speeches and appearances and was surprised at how he looked at and reacted to his "friend." Also found it odd that the whole group wasn't taken out, rather than just one person.

When Hank first went to Nashville, Fred Rose had him write a song on the spot to prove he was the one writing the songs. I remember reading it took him about 10 minutes to write Mansion On The Hill.

The early roots of rock and roll lead directly to Hank Williams. That doesn't fit the narrative though.
But it is true. Rock and roll was the combination of 3 genres of music. country, blues and gospel. Hank Williams wrote songs in all 3. His mother was a church organist and he was grounded in that, he met a black street singer in Montgomery, AL "Tee Tot" Payne who taught him guitar and blues music. He was also influenced by Jimmie Rodgers who was called "The Father of Country Music" Those three factors formed his musical style and all were a big part of rock and roll.

Some of the greatest rock and roll singers in the early stages were right out of the church. Especially Pentecostal Churches which played music a little different than other denominations. Some early rock and rollers were Jerry Lee Lewis (Assembly of God) Elvis Presley (Assembly of God) and J.D. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet as a back up group for Elvis (Church of God)

Yeppir,
During the election process in 2016 Don Jr. stated something to the effect. Hillary and Bill had a net worth somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 million dollars. All he did was ask them to tell the country what they did to gain that much income. They had to produce something, what was it they produced?

That should have been a complete mic-drop moment but it simply was glossed over.

Until we understand the enemy doesn't follow rules, and doesn't care if their leaders follow the rules we have to follow, we will continue to lose the battle and this country.

Cats win 92-77! Hope we can get another streak going for a while.

Oscar was a force tonight. TyTy with a record 17 assists. Mintz dropped 6 3's on em. Pretty good game.

As I've said about these guys, TyTy has set a record that belonged to John Wall. Hope he knows what that means.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT