ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 26°F and clear. Crisp. Clouds moving in. Today's high may reach 49°F. Heater blasting. Our "summer" ended abruptly. Heh.

Awesome football game yesterday. Love our Cats. Watched Baylor vs Ole Miss last night. Huge defensive slog in that one until 4th quarter.

Gotta jump on chores, grocery shop and prepare for next week.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

buffet.jpg

Stoops picked up a $250,000 bonus for the win yesterday bringing his total to $600,000 for the season.
We've talked about Stoops getting a year extension on his contract each time he gets to 7 wins, but I just read that he also gets ANOTHER year tacked on each time he gets to 10 wins or more. His base salary for this year was 5.25 million. Salary automatically increases $250,000 per year for the life of the contract.

He gets a $250,000 bonus for each win from 9 to whatever and if he were to lead us to an undefeated season with a championship, it would mean a 2.75 million dollar bonus.

The next time someone tells you Stoops might leave, look em in the eye and say, "nope".

Remember the sigh of relief back on January 1st, 2000. Y2K didn't bring the world to its knees. Hardly the apocalypse many were predicting.
I was planning on retiring effective Jan. 1, 2000. They begged me to stay for three months because of the fear of Y2K. Nothing happened, but I did end up with a bonus for working only one month.

We've talked about Stoops getting a year extension on his contract each time he gets to 7 wins, but I just read that he also gets ANOTHER year tacked on each time he gets to 10 wins or more. His base salary for this year was 5.25 million. Salary automatically increases $250,000 per year for the life of the contract.

He gets a $250,000 bonus for each win from 9 to whatever and if he were to lead us to an undefeated season with a championship, it would mean a 2.75 million dollar bonus.

The next time someone tells you Stoops might leave, look em in the eye and say, "nope".
Coach Stoops has one of the best contracts in college football. Mitch should be applauded for sticking with coach after the first couple of very tough years. It has paid off

Good morning D-League. Long morning taking down all the Christmas decorations and moving the tree to the curb. Always a little ;poignancy in that, of course. We had a great Christmas. Now comes the part of the year through early April that is the most mentally draining. Let's hope the Cats basketball team makes that time enjoyable. I like this crew, so a good chance that'll happen.

Go Bengals and all the teams playing the Ravens, Steelers and Browns. It'd be nice to lay our heads down tonight (those who are Bengals fans) assured of a playoff game. Hell, with Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis gone, Who Dey might actually win one.

Morning folks. It is a cloudy 40.1°F and that will be the high based on the forecast. Possibly some snow. Cold weather moving in and will get to 12°F come Thursday.

I am planning to do as little as possible today. This old man wears out fast. Two days of travel, staying up until 1:00am and eating and drinking too much does me in.

I have ball games to record and edit for my collection. So you all have a good day.

I am still have good thoughts about my football Cats and look forward to the basketball game against LSU. Go Cats.

Coach Stoops has one of the best contracts in college football. Mitch should be applauded for sticking with coach after the first couple of very tough years. It has paid off
Not only is he paid very well, the contract has his buyout at basically nothing. If he would have left this year the buyout would be $1.75 million. It drops each year to a minimum of 1.5 million.

He's here because he WANTS to be here and I don't doubt he'll be the last coach I see at Kentucky. In for the long haul.

The grandkids are singing the song. Scroll down to the bottom for the video. Loretta's grand daughter has that Johnson County twang.

Good morning D-League. Long morning taking down all the Christmas decorations and moving the tree to the curb. Always a little ;poignancy in that, of course. We had a great Christmas. Now comes the part of the year through early April that is the most mentally draining. Let's hope the Cats basketball team makes that time enjoyable. I like this crew, so a good chance that'll happen.

Go Bengals and all the teams playing the Ravens, Steelers and Browns. It'd be nice to lay our heads down tonight (those who are Bengals fans) assured of a playoff game. Hell, with Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis gone, Who Dey might actually win one.
Browns play the Steelers tomorrow night. Bengals can't stop the Chiefs so far but, are scoring with them (sort of) 28-24 Chiefs as the Bengals just scored to start the second half.

The NFL story tomorrow will be what in the heck got a hold of Antonio Brown. If he ever plays another down in the NFL I will be shocked. The man is crazy and totally insane. .

As far as the game Tom Brady was Tom Brady moving the team the length of the field in the final minutes to win the game. He has done that 67 times in his career.

Last edited:
I don't question the interference call because it was correct. I just thought it was crazy not to go for the field goal there on 4th and 1 but, Taylor has made these kind of calls all year. I am glad the Bengals won the AFC North though. Beginning of the year many experts had them 3-5 wins at best. I also hope we have Burroughs for the playoffs. I did not see what the result was after he went limping off at the end.

I don't question the interference call because it was correct. I just thought it was crazy not to go for the field goal there on 4th and 1 but, Taylor has made these kind of calls all year. I am glad the Bengals won the AFC North though. Beginning of the year many experts had them 3-5 wins at best. I also hope we have Burroughs for the playoffs. I did not see what the result was after he went limping off at the end.
My dad is in the Cincy media market and he said the local station had a post-game Burrow interview and he seemed fine. If necessary, he could skip next week’s game…

I always thought that the most depressing day of the year was the day after New Year's but Blue Monday is the 3rd Monday in January. There are even calculations proving the point. Above my paygrade.

Can this weekend get any better? Kentucky wins the Citrus Bowl in exciting fashion. The Bengals clinch the Division in exciting fashion - plus, the college football team I hate the most, Notre Dame, blows a 21 point lead, the pro team I hate the most - Ex-Redskins are eliminated, and finally, the icing...

Indiana blows a game to Penn State, arguably the 1-2 Worst team in the conference, and a team that had been shut down by COVID for nearly four weeks. Their fan board is making the worst of the Rupp Rafter crew post-loss look calm and intelligent.

Can this weekend get any better? Kentucky wins the Citrus Bowl in exciting fashion. The Bengals clinch the Division in exciting fashion - plus, the college football team I hate the most, Notre Dame, blows a 21 point lead, the pro team I hate the most - Ex-Redskins are eliminated, and finally, the icing...

Indiana blows a game to Penn State, arguably the 1-2 Worst team in the conference, and a team that had been shut down by COVID for nearly four weeks. Their fan board is making the worst of the Rupp Rafter crew post-loss look calm and intelligent.
Now if Georgia Tech can beat the dirty birds it would make a perfect weekend. Tied right now.

The NFL story tomorrow will be what in the heck got a hold of Antonio Brown. If he ever plays another down in the NFL I will be shocked. The man is crazy and totally insane. .

As far as the game Tom Brady was Tom Brady moving the team the length of the field in the final minutes to win the game. He has done that 67 times in his career.
He shouldn't ever play in the NFL again, but then I look at all the chances Josh Gordon has had and wonder.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 27°F, clear and calm. Crisp. Warming to 57°F later.

Today is wife's birthday. Plan on picking her up a gift later.

Monday, Monday....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

D_03_Choc-Covered-Cherries.jpg
I opened a box of chocolate covered cherries yesterday. Guess I need to finish them off today.

ALSO
152d67935d76aa753effedd6d48d8621.gif

Morning Legionnaires! Back to the grind for those with files or whatever you use the make it happen.

20° this morning outside and a cool 62° in the house. Set the thermostat for 60° each night before going to bed. Both wife and daughter love to sleep in cooler house at night as do I, makes the sleeping better.

Wife still has not heard from her company on her exemption. Was supposed to know by the 19 of DEC. Jan 6 is the day they extended as last workday if she doesn't get the second shot. We are preparing for her extended vacation after this week. Both of us are almost to the point that she takes a few months off, re-energize, and go a different direction.

Last edited:
This is a goodun...

I read where his wife died recently. Apparently they had a long and happy marriage so you know it is tough. He is one of my favorite non PC artist.

I had some good food in the army and some not so good food in the army. It depended solely on the mess Sgt. I had one from South Carolina who knew how to do it. He got sent to Vietnam and the replacement was about as bad as it gets. Fortunately I only had a month left and I lived off post so my new bride was my cook. She turned out to be a good one with a little training from my mama.

2212534.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT